It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student's 'Jesus' shirt sparks feud with school

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Waddup, swills. Maybe the school officials were hung over, and the word "wasted" reminded them of their horrific night...

Just an idea. And yes, I am making fun of the school. Am I really supposed to take this issue seriously?

It's just Jesus, for crying out loud.

+8 more 
posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I'm not Judaic in any way, and yet I will say that I believe this to be wrong. It's not a gang slogan, it's not a hateful message or slandering anyone, it's spreading a perfectly peaceful and happy message out...

I call that BS.

How is telling 6 billion people their lives are wasted a happy message??

It is hateful to everyone who is not a jesus-freak - it is definitely a gang slogan - one of the biggest, most criminal and hate-filled gangs on the planet (albeit much of its hate is directed at its own internal politics) and the message is anything but peaceful and happy!!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

I tend to agree that Christians are being targeted more and more
Guess it is OK to believe in Aliens and have that on a T shirt.
Quick everybody here comes a Christian get your stones ready.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

He decided to voice his beliefs, spreading love and worship, which is completely harmless, instead of being a fearful sheep. Is there something wrong with this?

What crap! I'm really sick of the "Jesus is Love" propaganda.

Christians have been very hateful toward those they don't support. Time to take the blinders off.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Did you read the article?.

Clearly not a single person responding to you read past the headline.

You can tell based on ignorance of their arguments.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How is wearing a shirt featuring a headless stick figure with the words "Need Head" a productive fashion item?

If clothes were meant for respecting public opinion, there's several clothing manufacturers that need to be shut down...and who are you to oppress opinions anyway?

If it had said, "I love the Big Bang theory!" you wouldn't have a problem. Way to impose on others.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yes, can't have anything that might distract others from the wholesome goodness of our Creator desires.

I am beginning to think the Earth needs a good cleansing.

Bring on the Asteroids....

No doubt the Good Lord must be thinking it is time to try something else with this great planet as we sure in heck are doing a great job towards it and others living here.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
Yes, can't have anything that might distract others from the wholesome goodness of our Creator desires.

No doubt the Good Lord must be thinking it is time to try something else with this great planet as we sure in heck are doing a great job towards it and others living here.

Would that Good Lord be Allah?

Or maybe the Spaghetti Monster?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm from Nova Scotia. Take my word for it, it is a conservative(little "c") and heavily religious province. I've been away for years but do they even sell booze on Sunday yet? There's more to this than just the shirt.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How is wearing a shirt featuring a headless stick figure with the words "Need Head" a productive fashion item?

If clothes were meant for respecting public opinion, there's several clothing manufacturers that need to be shut down...and who are you to oppress opinions anyway?

If it had said, "I love the Big Bang theory!" you wouldn't have a problem. Way to impose on others.

You should REALLY read past the headline.

Then you would see that NONE of your comments even relate to the issue being discussed here.

The school's problem with the shirt was NOT it being pro-christian. If you READ THE ARTICLE you would know that.

The contention was with what the shirt says, which is that if you arent christian, your life is a 'waste'. Several people found that offensive. He was asked to remove it, and refused. So he was suspended.

Nancy Pynch-Worthylake, board superintendent, said some students and teachers found the T-shirt offensive.

"When one is able or others are able to interpret it as, 'If you don't share my belief then your life is wasted,' that can be interpreted by some as being inappropriate," she said.

Swinimer says the principal would have accepted a shirt with the slogan, "My life is wasted without Jesus."

edit on 3-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm from Nova Scotia. Take my word for it, it is a conservative(little "c") and heavily religious province. I've been away for years but do they even sell booze on Sunday yet? There's more to this than just the shirt.

We got the South.

You got the North?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Your comments do not do anything to credit Christians.
All this the world needs cleansing bring on the asteroids is far from Christian
Now if you had said what the world needs now is Love and understanding but you did not did you.
Just a flippant remark that shows your hate of Humanity.

edit on 3-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

And how is saying someone's life is wasted against the rules?

That's like kingergarten. "You're stupid -" "SUSPENDED FOR FIVE DAYS, YOUNG LADY!!!!"

Suspended for a bunch of words. FREE SPEECH, PEOPLE.

I've seen worse shirts, full of innuendoes and blood and gore, slip by without comment...

edit on CThursdaypm353506f06America/Chicago03 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

This is Canada. We don't have the 1st Amendment. What's your point?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And how is saying someone's life is wasted against the rules?

That's like kingergarten. "You're stupid -" "SUSPENDED FOR FIVE DAYS, YOUNG LADY!!!!"

It never ceases to amaze me how often 'free speech' is misinterpreted to mean 'i can do what i want'.

Your argument is nonsense.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I actually disagree with the kids T shirt slogan but to kick up such a fuss is childish and pathetic
Guess it is OK to have wars in the name of peace though
Sometimes I think these things these articles are just to distract us from more important issues

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Bet they would not have been suspended if they wore a shirt that said:

Your life is wasted if you do not believe in global warming!

Prove that aint a religion

edit on 3-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That was some pretty small text. For a second, I mistook it for your signature.

Free speech means free speech. Which means that as long as people can go around saying, "This is tupid" or "That is stupid" or "Drugs will ruin you forever", it's free game to say as a matter of opinion, "Your life is wasted without Jesus."

Okay, well, as long as you don't cram that slogan down my protesting throat, I'm happy to let you yammer quietly to yourself about how wonderful being "saved" is while I go find myself something to do far away from you...

link   
reply to post by neo96

It would be a shame if you broke with tradition and had an opinion based on the information available in the article.

link   

Yup, the 1st is designed so that the GOVERNMENT can not infringe on freedom of speech. Amongst other aspect but we're talking about speech here. Secondly, US laws don't apply outside of it's borders and protectorates.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join