It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student's 'Jesus' shirt sparks feud with school

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Antagonistic behaviour...the fact that the student claims he will wear the shirt on his return is proof that he has a problem and something to prove...why? To who? He's not there to make or break the rules, he's there to obey the rules and learn...antagonistic student.

It matters not what he does to be antagonistic, the fact remains that he is...if people complained and were offended then this is an andeniable fact.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Interesting you say that. See my previous post

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Starchild would know what "antagonistic behavior" is

But i do believe that what someone feels strongly about should be expressed, no different than a heavy rock band shirt

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Seems like a fair thing to wear that shirt.

Atheists could have one "Life is a waste". Both should be able to wear their T shirts.

edit on 5/3/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Annee

You can interpret a lot of things as hate. The fact schools don't teach religion can be called hate too...educational discrimination. But see, there's a choice of how to view it.

Always a choice.

No public school should be teaching religion.

Belief - non-belief is personal and individual. That is why you Choose which church to go to.

link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Because he feels discriminated against.

They both feel wronged...you know, why doesn't he grab a marker and write "My" on it?

That's my "middle ground" mind speaking. Personally, I think it's a good idea.

link   

Originally posted by intrepid

It's Canada for you.

they'll throw out the welcome mat for you.

And if they miss you with that they will start throwing crockery at you

edit on 3-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This kind of undermines the freedom of religion things...

WHAT? Did the school administration say that a person can't believe what they want? NO. They said "that shirt doesn't work." The student didn't listen, got suspended and who's fault is that? He was warned.

You should do some research on Nova Scotia. We had rights for women and blacks WAY before anyone else in Canada or the States. This kid just pushed the wrong buttons and got called on it. That is another Scotian trait, not a good one. You better back your crap up. He did and lost.

link   
reply to post by Annee

And teaching the history of Christianity, which formed the roots of our nation and influenced art and music worldwide, is supposed to be sacrificed for the purpose of keeping a strictly atheist viewpoint?

Evolution has been shown to be severely flawed, and yet they continue to teach that, right?

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Always a choice.

Huh, Jesus does not dictate a religious idealism, now spirituality under the umbrella of Christianity does! but it doesn;t mean you are acertain to a specific religion

public school should no teach religion agree,
edit on 3-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

How is wearing a shirt featuring a headless stick figure with the words "Need Head" a productive fashion item?

If clothes were meant for respecting public opinion, there's several clothing manufacturers that need to be shut down...and who are you to oppress opinions anyway?

If it had said, "I love the Big Bang theory!" you wouldn't have a problem. Way to impose on others.

More BS - I don't have a problem with him wearing it at all - I have a problem with the idea that the message is hopeful and peaceful when it is clearly insulting and provocative.

I also wouldn't have a problem if his T-shirt said "I love Jesus" - expressing a personal opinion is fine.

Telling 6 billion people their lives are wasted is not a message of peace and happiness.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Atheists could have one "Life is a waste". Both should be able to wear their T shirts.

There are some schools that allow personal expression.

Christians would be very outspoken about an Atheist T-shirt.

They really don't seem to be able to see other sides.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Everything else aside...it's quite funny, that's the important thing if you ask me.

This is why I've decided to get a tee-shirt with "Wearing tee-shirts that say things about jesus is funny"m made up, I shall wear it to work every day, and why not, it isn't offensive.

Might become irritating after a while but I shall continue to wear it regardless, simply because I'm pig headed and like to annoy people.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Always a choice.

Huh, Jesus does not dictate a religious idealism, now spirituality under the umbrella of Christianity does! but it doesn;t mean you are acertain to a specific religion

I don't know what you are trying to say.

link   
reply to post by intrepid

And you don't think that was religious discrimination, despite the fact that the shirt never pointed out anyone in particular?

It was, in fact, taken out of context. You NEVER listen to anything taken out of context. It doesn't say who or where. It just says in general. ...which would technically apply to everyone.
Okay, but that's still discrimination in my book...

Whatever. I don't feel like getting too far into it with a mod...it makes me antsy.

link   

Originally posted by Turq1

There are some schools that allow personal expression.

Christians would be very outspoken about an Atheist T-shirt.

They really don't seem to be able to see other sides.

Lately from the mainstream media, christains have been attacked a lot, although for go reason I might add, homophobia, pedo, ect ect

Christainity backdrop on conservative idealism is slowly fading, because we are simply not in the 1950s anymore

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Always a choice.

I don't know what you are trying to say.

jesus does not mean a religion. Thomas jefferson understood this

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

If it insults you, then you're clearly very, very easy to insult.

I've never seen a less insulting shirt in my life. Only with people who have a problem with disagreements, would it be insulting. In that case, you have a personal problem.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

And you don't think that was religious discrimination,

Of course it was, Christianity has been under attack all over the world for several years now, like i said a bit ago, if it had said "Mohammed rules" they wouldnt have touched him.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

And teaching the history of Christianity, which formed the roots of our nation and influenced art and music worldwide, is supposed to be sacrificed for the purpose of keeping a strictly atheist viewpoint?

Evolution has been shown to be severely flawed, and yet they continue to teach that, right?

The BOLD is mine. Are you not American? If so wtf does your nation have to do with us? It's this projection of the beliefs at YOUR home that have you guys in the spot you are in now. Leave everyone else alone. We've seen it. 90% of Canadians live on the US border. WE KNOW. Take care of yourselves and leave others to do the same.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join