It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Crowley to Christ....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have experienced the darkest night,
only to return back into the light....

Hey, as im sure you have noticed i randomly chime in on certain topics and kind of have off the wall posts of my own once in a while. Here i would like to discuss some of my journey through the esoteric, shamanism, witchcraft, and Christianity.

I have participated in shamanic rituals such as sweat lodges, crowley rituals such as entering the mouth of the dragon as well as others. I have seen the power of both christianity and of the power of the force behind the others. During most of this i have been a part of ATS, i have had many enlightening experiences as well as many deep and dark experiences. I have realized a lot of the true nature of this world and the universe within. After all of this, all of the conspiracies, studying language, symbols, religion, the market, politics, everything for years and years i have come to realize that i am fully 100% a christian. Now let me tell you a few things i have experienced that bring me back to this conclusion.

Entering the mouth of the dragon. Yes i did this on a whim of sorts. I did this with a group of people i barely knew carelessly and fearlessly. I also did this after some very serious and scary life experiences. A few things happened after performing this ritual. One, i had a nightmare, extremely lucid and intense. During my sleep a white blanket covered me and began smothering me untill i could not move or breath. I struggled repeatedly to no avail to get the blanket off to the point of exhaustion and suffocation. Out of nowhere i screamed at the top of my lounges, "JESUS HELP ME". Suddenly i woke up gasping for air and sitting upright in my bed.

Two, a few days later i woke up in the middle of the night literally screaming at the top of my lounges with my arms open and balled up sitting up in my bed. This awoke my girlfriend and scared the crap out of her.

A month or two ago i had a dream where i was being chased. This is actually a typical dream for me but what usually happens in the dream is i end up finding amanita mushrooms on the ground and my focus changes from the entity onto the mushrooms. For some reason the entity is always afraid of these mushrooms and backs off once i start picking them. Now during this dream i was being chased and instead of turning to the amanita i spoke the name of Jesus Christ and the entity ran in fear. I find this odd because i began attending church and bible study once a week a few weeks ago with some friends of mine on a whim.

Prior to all of this happening i had lost all faith and hope in Christianity due to a series of ideas i have most recently thrown out the window. Some of those ideas range from believing that Jesus represents the sun, or that Jesus is the self(which is still actually true but not in context with what i was thinking), or Jesus was a shaman, or any of these random ideas discounting the validity of Jesus as god in the flesh.

I could tell you about the sweat lodge, which i actually still think is a good idea and the dreams i had that night if you really want to hear it. The reason i write this is because i wanted to share with everyone the truth of my experiences. I am sure i have not gone as in depth as i could and i do write somewhat ADHD so feel free to ask any questions.
edit on 3-5-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Dear onequestion,

What makes you a Christian, in what do you believe in that means you are a Christian?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It's kinda crazy... but

Jesus always wins
I swear... no many how many times I tried talking myself into thinking differently, Jesus emerged even better than before.

Much of what you said resonates with me, you're not the only one.

peace

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You are basing and allowing your Dreams to influence your decision making. Now this for some people works well...not so much for others.

I am a Lucid Dreamer which means I ALWAYS KNOW that I am dreaming within a dream. This has some perks as a do not have conventional Nightmares as I can control the Dream knowing it to be a dream. I can also work out real issues and problems with a dream and direct it toward solving those problems as the Subconcious records everything like a computer.

If you are not a Lucid Dreamer and we are few...it is difficult to seperate reality from the dream and particularly strong emotional dream states can be disturbing and for some seem Prophetic.

I would suggest that you do not allow yourself to be frightened into a set reality of belief based on an uncontrolable dream as you subconcious mind is literally another you as well as the two other yous...left side of the brain...analitical...right side...creative.

Without balance of all three aspects of yourself...your creative side which is much more prone to emotional aspects...can develop a deep seated interconnection with your subconcious which is active in both dream state and conscious thought. This can plant ideas much like inception and cause your thoughts during your concious state...to be highly susceptable to influence on a level you will not be aware of.

I have a highly trained connection of mental state between all three aspects of my selves...thus I am not prone to unfounded fears. In your case the danger is that an event that occurs while you are conscious that may relate to a thought or concept planted by your subconcious mind in conjuction with your creative hemesphere...could alter what and how you would normaly respond. Split Infinity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

What makes me a christian is my faith.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Keep yourself pure my brother; for God, your Heavenly Father, has much more to show you, if you remain in his presence. Be of good cheer, because he who is inside you is greater and has already overcome the world~!

I would start with First, Second & Third John in the New Testament.......very practical, pointed council in there. Much to be learned there is~! ( I know, but I had to say it LOL)

*HUGS from a brother~!*

edit on 3-5-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

exactly~!

That is the ONLY thing that makes anyone a christian, for everyone has a measure of faith God has given them. For all that call (in earnest) [emphasis mine] upon the Lord will be saved.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Dear onequestion,

What do you believe? Do you believe that we have the free will to be us, whoever we may choose to be? Do you believe that we have to forgive everyone who ever harmed another enough to let them try again, until they cease wanting to love others? What are your beliefs?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Keep yourself pure my brother; for God, your Heavenly Father, has much more to show you, if you remain in his presence. Be of good cheer, because he who is inside you is greater and has already overcome the world~!

I would start with First, Second & Third John in the New Testament.......very practical, pointed council in there. Much to be learned there is~! ( I know, but I had to say it LOL)

*HUGS from a brother~!*

edit on 3-5-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

I'd toss in Matthew as well...

I was just thinking about this earlier...

I could literally toss out a majority of the texts, and be just fine with John and Matthew...

as to your first comment:
Matthew 7 covers everything... in whole, summing up the law of the prophets

Judging Others 7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

Ask, Seek, Knock 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

True and False Prophets
15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

True and False Disciples
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
The Wise and Foolish Builders 24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

Crazy mini revelation I once had...
speaking of Matthew 7

Do you remember the cartoons 'School House Rock'?

Or the little song.poem... 'Little Twelve Toes' from School House Rock?

Both are 100% derived from what I just posted.. Matthew 7.

House built on rock, school - teachings, jesus... etc

The linguistic coding is unreal, I'm kinda surprised that I figured that one out myself.
edit on 3-5-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: clarification

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There is a book called The eye in the triangle by Israel Regardie which oes a very good job in my opinion of explaining some of Crowleys rituals, the meanings behind them etc. He also does a very good job of discussng Crowley and his link to Chritianity etc and how it shaped part of who he became. Sounds like you might enjoy it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Love the title of your thread "From Crowley to Christ" it would make a great title for a book. You have much to share. I do hope you consider writing a book.

Peace and love.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I am sorry... hopefully one day you are able to overcome this.

Peace

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
I am sorry... hopefully one day you are able to overcome this.

Peace

u dont realize to what extent that sentence is evil

hope is the exclusive state that evil force individual rights to b through constant, in reaching the will to get their hearts so possession of rights or in reaching free will stand as absolute superiors over rights begging for mercy

so hope is always to evil superiority, which is proven from ur sentence attachement to overcoming

u r meaning what can never exist, being over is never being while coming is what is never there

there are people of truth superiority and people of lies superiority, u sound made ur choice

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
n dont b sorry as positive thing, bc existence is exclusively about actions and non existence is about absolute freedom so noone else

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

The plan is....whether through LOVE or even through FEAR (love's adversary/opponent)...the intent of verses 10 and 11 WILL be accomplished.

With some, evidently, it's easy...catching flies with honey...but then there are the more strong-minded of us who require a different flavor of 'persuasion,' it seems.

But in the end...the name cried out will be that name.

And a note on what I would say 'christian' SHOULD define, ideally...it is not about one's faith because if you read carefully, it is not a person believing in Jesus but rather the fact that Jesus is trustworthy (which is written as the faith of Jesus) that saves...the world...the whole world...one at a time...

So what defines a follower?
Someone who loves their neighbor as their self...and loves their enemies, too...and who is willing to strip themselves (of self and all self-exaltation and self-glory which is not necessarily hubris, either) and come DOWN from wherever they feel they sit...and serve at the feet of men...

I have never called myself a christian because what generally passes for christianity, at least up until right now, has not been in line with my personal understanding...one I've had all my life...and not one I heard from anyone else. So I can't say it is right or wrong...it is just how I feel...but it is supported in the bible if one truly seeks out the real message which isn't about favoritism based on associations or belief or any certain doctrine...it is about SERVING....

For in that same chapter, it says:
Php 2:21 For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

And what things are Jesus Christ's?
All things!
John 3:35

But don't worship Jesus...worship GOD! Or worship not at all.
Your choice. (Micah 4:4-5)

I also see Jesus as a shaman...which is purely defined as a link between men and spirit for the purpose of communicating and understanding in the community.
THE shaman, I should say.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This all sounds like inevitable results of your personal preferential beliefs towards jesus, as opposed to some objective or logical truth. Not that that's wrong, we all are free to, and should, believe what we prefer and is best for us, but it's clear that that is what this is...if you had the same beliefs for, let's say buddha, and had called out to buddha etc., the same thing would have happened.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A belief based on fear, one that you call to, when afraid.
Is not without duress.
Seek truth, not a bargain or ultimatum.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

Faith has nothing to do with fear. You are wrong.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

It has everything to do with objective truth and logic. I don't know if you have really sought out the truth.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
"Religion. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable." - Ambrose Bierce

top topics

<<   2 >>

join