It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Crowley to Christ....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm getting there too, onequestion. I went to church recently, for the first time in a while. A very roundabout search for me, too, but it's getting more and more clear.

Certainly, I differ a lot from less science-minded Christians on philosophical questions, stuff about "how it all works". In other words, questions which don't matter much, relatively speaking. But a lot of them are way ahead of me on matters of the heart, and that's something my own bitter humiliations have taught me.

It started years ago, while still a firm atheist but getting into psychology due to personal failures, to make a commitment to value truth over my own pride. At the time I would have bet any amount of money that this worship of truth would not lead me anywhere near Christianity.

But I'm not afraid of questioning. Questioning is what brought me to where I am. My highest dogma is that truth can withstand any inquiry. So why should one be afraid to question?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I hear you. Well put. Its kind of crazy i think, how the roundabout way has actually proven to be the truer more clear path in the end somehow.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I hear you. Well put. Its kind of crazy i think, how the roundabout way has actually proven to be the truer more clear path in the end somehow.

Well, we do have the added bonus that we get to be believers and freethinkers at the same time. When a quest for truth is what brings you to Christ, how can it be any other way?

But I suspect we're going to have to put that to work somehow. To whomever much is given, you know?

edit on 7-5-2012 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Yeah i know exactly what you mean. Its kind of scary and awsome at the same time.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Originally posted by onequestion

Well, we do have the added bonus that we get to be believers and freethinkers at the same time. When a quest for truth is what brings you to Christ, how can it be any other way?

But I suspect we're going to have to put that to work somehow. To whomever much is given, you know?

edit on 7-5-2012 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

Believers and free-thinkers - it sounds like such a paradox to those not fully liberated to the life that Christ offers us. May God draw us all closer and allow us to understand more each day of Him and of His creation - in science, philosophy, faith and reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join