It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acclamation...The RNC's Answer To Ron Paul Mischief

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Last week I made a thread to show the "hard count" of bound delegates and how Romney is leading by a large margin and is almost guaranteed to get the nomination.

Of course the Ron Paul supporters didn't like this news, after they stopped questioning that this was indeed an accurate count, they moved on to other methods Ron Paul will be nominated. These included voting to unbind the bound delegates and having bound delegates abstain from voting for Romney.

I honestly don't believe that the RNC is going to allow any of those shenanigans going on at their convention...but for arguments sake...let's say it does happen. The RNC can exploit the exact same rules that Ron Paul supporters are advocating and they can have a Romney supporter (probably a big shot in the Republican party or possibly Santorum) call to nominate Romney by Acclamation.

This is how it would work...One person calls to suspend the rules and nominate by Acclamation...they need somone to second it...which many Romney supporters will...and then they will vote by Acclamation. The chairperson will ask for all those in favor, than all those opposed. But here is the thing...John Boenher will be the chairperson and he will call the vote to not even let the "nays" have a voice. And there will be so much noise in there, no one will really be able to hear a "nay"....he will claim the Ayes have it and Romney is the nominee.

Obama was nominated by Acclamation...not for the same reason (they wanted to show unity instead of stopping mischief)...but you can see below an example of how this will work.

So there you have it Ron Paul supporters...Ron Paul will be defeated by his own game if he chooses to go down that path.

Do Ron Paul supporters honestly think that Boenher and the RNC are going to let ANYTHING make Romney look bad at the convention???

+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Trust me OutKast, the "Nays" will be WAY LOUDER!!!!!!

Have you seen the Crowds lately???

IE. Revert to thread showing the giant crowds at Romney events and the verrrrry minute crowds at the Ron Paul Events!!!! Ohhhhh.wait.

Good Try Though...We shall See.
edit on 2-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

4 paragraphs? You seem more concerened about Dr. Paul than most here. But I respect your intentions.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Do Ron Paul supporters honestly think that Boenher and the RNC are going to let ANYTHING make Romney look bad at the convention???

So what are you insinuating? That something bad is going to happen to RP if he does make Romney look bad at the convention?...

Updated RNC Delegate Count

Explain that to me as well...Doesn't seem updated and the numbers are off...
edit on 2-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

the "Nays" will be WAY LOUDER!!!!!!

Unless the convention is rigged with concert speakers that make it sound like Romney is the favorable one...Beware of the roadies moving in the sound equipment...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

The "crowds" don't get into the convention. They can stay out in the street.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The "crowds" don't get into the convention. They can stay out in the street.

So how can you have a proper acclamation if no voting crowds are allowed inside?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

IE. Revert to thread showing the giant crowds at Romney events and the verrrrry minute crowds at the Ron Paul Events!!!! Ohhhhh.wait.

Good Try Though...We shall See.
edit on 2-5-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

Did you not watch the video??? They will not even let the "nays" have a vote starting from silence...it will happen quick...All in Favor...*HUGE CHEER*...AllopposedtheyAyeshaveit....*gavel*...done.

It's not just the delegates in the convention hall...it will be packed with party loyalist...the "Ayes" and cheering after will be loud enough to drown anything else out.

But like I said...it probably won't even come to that. This is just to show that Ron Paul's antics aren't going to work because the RNC controls the meeting...I mean come on...BOENHER will be the chairperson.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

So what are you insinuating? That something bad is going to happen to RP if he does make Romney look bad at the convention?...

Updated RNC Delegate Count

Explain that to me as well...Doesn't seem updated and the numbers are off...

Ummm...no...how did you get that something bad will happen to RP???

It means that the party leaders will manipulate the rules just as much as RP will...if in fact he tries to.

I don't know about the gop website...I haven't looked into where and how they report counted delegates....not sure why it is my job to explain these things to you anyway.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

reply to post by hoochymama

the "Nays" will be WAY LOUDER!!!!!!

Unless the convention is rigged with concert speakers that make it sound like Romney is the favorable one...Beware of the roadies moving in the sound equipment...

Why would it have to be rigged with concert speakers???

It will be packed with loyal Republicans...that will be enough.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

But you said an acclamation, so if their are loyal republicans who are RP followers then surely he could do some damage...Unless anyone who is a loyal RP supporter is banned from getting inside of the convention...

+5 more 
link   
Ron Paul people have been taking over local county conventions across the country. Ron Paul people have been taking over district conventions around the country which means Ron Paul people will be taking over those state conventions. Guess what? We're taking over the national convention in August.
Everybody knows Mitt Romney can only win states with primaries/straw poll where votes can be counted in secret or the voting machine can be rigged. Ron Paul has leverage if he wants to play politics he can. If the GOP doesn't want the vote switching completely exposed and to completely destroy the party, I think they will have to work a deal with Ron Paul. He could threaten a 3rd party run and Obama will for sure get a 2nd term. So RP has some leverage and he should use it.
I think once all tbe delegates are counted he will win fair and square and take over the Republican party.
They can't cheat for Romney much longer. Im going to bet that somebody has the hard proof of the cheating going on. I think someone with some clout is or might blow the whistle. If you haven't noticed, Ron Paul campaign is prepared and you can bet that he prepared for the fraud
Taking over the RNC.
I look forward to what you will say then.

link   
it is an interesting thought that you propose... and a very viable one.. however if this were to happen the elected officals would never make it out of the building... if they stone wall RP supporters this way there will be mayham and riots

"participating in some anarchy"

just sayin

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

But you said an acclamation, so if their are loyal republicans who are RP followers then surely he could do some damage...Unless anyone who is a loyal RP supporter is banned from getting inside of the convention...

This is an honest question...do you think the majority of the people attending the national convention will be Ron Paul supporters????

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Oh so I see. I see where this is headed. You are actually beginning to believe that Ron Paul does have a shot. Glad to see you are waking up to reality.

Ron Paul is not receiving his delegates in any unfair fashion... to do what was done in that video is what Ron Paul's whole movement is against--unfair twisting of rules that allow bias to be used blatantly and to serve the interests of people of "higher" status.

You really think the Ron Paul crowd would allow something like that to occur, assuming Ron Paul got that far? I mean come on, have you observed nothing? Imagine if only 10 loyal Paul supporters showed up to that thing. I bet you that only 10 people (extremely fractional of the amount that would likely show up) could make a very big scene over something like that. Not that I promote it, I am merely pointing out a possibility.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Outkast, come on! You make it sound like Ron Paul and the delegates who plan on supporting him are doing something terrible by "manipulating" or "exploiting" rules! Try saying the same thing without those words in there. Let me try for you:

Me as Outkast:

I honestly don't believe (as in I have an opinion) that the RNC is going to allow any of those strategies (instead of shenanigans) going on at their convention...but for arguments sake...let's say it does happen. The RNC can utilize (instead of exploit) the exact same rules that Ron Paul supporters are advocating and they can have a Romney supporter (probably a big shot in the Republican party or possibly Santorum) call to nominate Romney by Acclamation. /me as Outkast.

Why yes you are indeed correct. The RNC could in fact do this if it is allowed in the rules of the process.

The part I'm going to focus on is that the RNC might have to do this, if they want to adhere to the agreed upon rules of the nomination process and nominate a candidate in a manner befitting the Republican party.

Which in my opinion does not instill much confidence in the entire lot of them. They had to allow this "acclamation nomination" with a "AllopposedtheAyeshaveit....*gavel*...done" to exist to purposely not give people a voice? Wow Republican party. (Be aware I haven't looked at other parties. If they allow this process as well then... wow American Politics in general.)

That being said, I agree with you. This seems like a way that the RNC would prevent Ron Paul from winning the nomination.
edit on 2-5-2012 by danj3ris because: formatting text

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
it is an interesting thought that you propose... and a very viable one.. however if this were to happen the elected officals would never make it out of the building... if they stone wall RP supporters this way there will be mayham and riots

"participating in some anarchy"

just sayin

Really...you are advocating violence for the possibility of the RNC manipulating the exact same rules that you and other Ron Paul supporters are pushing to manipulate???

To advocate violence in any way is just wrong. Do you really want Ron Paul to take the nomination through violence...what do you think that will do to his public support for the national election???

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

do you think the majority of the people attending the national convention will be Ron Paul supporters????

Yes/No/Maybe so, can't be so sure....I am sure if he does bring in a crowd they won't go unnoticed unless the MSM blatantly ignores the RP supporters...Do you think the majority will be Romney supporters????

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Oh so I see. I see where this is headed. You are actually beginning to believe that Ron Paul does have a shot. Glad to see you are waking up to reality.

Nope, not at all.

But since I see so much of this mis-information being spread, I thought I would show how all this talk from Ron Paul supporters is just that...talk.

Because the RNC always has this to fall back on.

But no...I think the convention will be without drama from the Paul campaign and Romney will be nominated without challenge.

Ron Paul is not receiving his delegates in any unfair fashion... to do what was done in that video is what Ron Paul's whole movement is against--unfair twisting of rules that allow bias to be used blatantly and to serve the interests of people of "higher" status.

How is it unfair? It is within the rules to call for a nomination by acclamation. It is up to the opinion of the chair person to determine if the "Ayes" have it or not.

If they did this, it would match the "popular" vote of the primaries...I don't see that as being unfair.

You really think the Ron Paul crowd would allow something like that to occur, assuming Ron Paul got that far? I mean come on, have you observed nothing? Imagine if only 10 loyal Paul supporters showed up to that thing. I bet you that only 10 people (extremely fractional of the amount that would likely show up) could make a very big scene over something like that. Not that I promote it, I am merely pointing out a possibility.

They can do whatever they like...it wouldn't matter. The nomination would already be made and what is done is done.

It is the Paul supporters that are trying to play a game by manipulating the rules...I'd say that if this does indeed end up happening...then Paul supporters get what they deserve and a tasted of their own medicine.

Haven't I heard some of you say...."all is fair...."????

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Why yes you are indeed correct. The RNC could in fact do this if it is allowed in the rules of the process.

The part I'm going to focus on is that the RNC might have to do this, if they want to adhere to the agreed upon rules of the nomination process and nominate a candidate in a manner befitting the Republican party.

The thing is that it will look legit. They will do the roll call in such a manner that they will frontload States that overwhelmingly support Romney...then they can come up to Pennsylvania when Romney is more than halfway to the needed delegates and Santorum will probably be in the delegation...he will call for Acclamation...and it is done. If it isn't Santorum...it may be someone like Chris Christy or some other big Republican name. To anyone that isn't really paying attention...it will just look like Romney is the nominee.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join