Acclamation...The RNC's Answer To Ron Paul Mischief

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

do you think the majority of the people attending the national convention will be Ron Paul supporters????

Yes/No/Maybe so, can't be so sure....I am sure if he does bring in a crowd they won't go unnoticed unless the MSM blatantly ignores the RP supporters...Do you think the majority will be Romney supporters????
edit on 2-5-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

I think the majority will be party loyalist that will support Romney even if they don't like him the best.

Many Hilary supporters did not want Obama to be the nominee...they fell in line at the convention....same thing will happen with Romney, except for Paul supporters.

Even if the Paul supporters try to make a scene...Romney will already be the nominee...sure the Republicans will lose their support...but they will anyway unless Paul is the nominee...so they don't care.

+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Im still unsure why you have such an unhealthy fascination with ron paul supporters. do you really have nothing better to do with your life. It seems all you do is sit on ATS and attempt to smear ron paul.

sounds fun

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My reply to you in another thread about acclimation:

That's not the point. In a fixed system, the chosen person becomes the winner. It is very clear that Romney is the chosen one. However, part of their game relies on making people think that Paul (and the ideas he stands for) is a loser and who wants to vote for a loser (this goes far beyond the current Romney/Paul discussion.)

The way that they have dealt with Paul is to pretend that he doesn't exist, regardless of the fact that his rallies routinely outdraw his competitors. In doing so they avoid discussions of the support that he does have from people who realize that he is the only one saying something different than "continue the status quo, which is working out really well for everyone."

If Paul messes with Romneys "coronation" (actual word used by media, which should tell you something right there) in any way, creating the need for a brokered convention or acclimation, the illusion that a significant enough number don't support Paul will be forever broken because he would have a significant enough amount of support to spoil the outright "mandate coronation" of the candidate "everybody" is supposed to support. Enough to make the people question the next time there is a candidate being actively ignored. Enough to open peoples eyes that more people than they were told support the real change that Paul represents. Even if Paul loses the nomination he wins, especially with the egg on the face of garnering a larger number of delegates "than expected."

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the saddest part of this is the cult is going off the rails. the irony is staggering

paul is supposedly the champion of change, fairness and hope, so he will steal the nomination, and the delegates will betray the voters they represent and just vote for paul

huh ?

if gingrich did that paul supporters would howl in anger

oh the irony

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul would hug and embrace Outcast,
A man can only judge his worth, by his opposition.
It is great that we live in a country were a person such as
Outcast can speak. even though we may not agree.
Love you Outcast,
keep up the good fight.
Every time you speak you remind us of the truth that
Ron Paul Supports.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I flagged and stared him,
I take pride that I live in a country where he can speak his mind.
Even if I disagree,
I will never mock or take away his rights.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am a little concerned,
he may have embraced the MSM,
that wants to take away his rights.
But, its his life, his believes.
Who am I say whats wrong or right.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

the saddest part of this is the cult is going off the rails. the irony is staggering paul is supposedly the champion of change, fairness and hope, so he will steal the nomination, and the delegates will betray the voters they represent and just vote for paul

My guess is that it would represent what many people want but that was stolen from them via election fraud. Any talk of stealing the election, it has been done before 2000's supreme court decision and 2004 in Ohio to name a few.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Truth is the vast majority of people in this country don't care about Ron Paul nor would they ever vote for him in a general election.

Yes, his followers are passionate and always show up to see him speak but they do not represent the majority Americans. it's a small fraction, regardless of what any poll states.

I don't know a single soul who is ranting and raving about Ron Paul. It's all about the Wall Street Whore Romney and/or Obama. That's it.

I don't understand why Ron Paul supporters don't back someone like Buddy Roemer, someone that the general populace would actually vote for.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiddleClassWarrior

I don't understand why Ron Paul supporters don't back someone like Buddy Roemer, someone that the general populace would actually vote for.

Who actually knows who he is and why would they be more likely to vote for him if apparently they don't even know who Ron Paul is?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Who actually knows who he is and why would they be more likely to vote for him if apparently they don't even know who Ron Paul is?

Exactly, no one knows who he is, but he's not a fringe candidate like Ron Paul either, who has had more airtime than most politicians on the major news networks the last 4 years. He was literally on television multiple times a day for a while. That still wasn't enough.

The Ron Paul revolution didn't happen in 2008 and it won't happen in 2012 either. Time to move on.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Just for clarification, I believe the old hag who is the Speaker asked if there were any Nays. I didnt hear any. Also, I HIGHLY DOUBT Ron Paul will be the one calling for it. I would think Hillary holds a little more clout than Boehner.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Great thread OP. Very well stated.

I'm sure you are, but if not, be prepared for page after page of deflections, personal attacks, accusations and the like. Its hard to get much else out of these people when they are faced with logic.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have never attacked anyone including Outkast in any of these RP threads and I have brought up good counter arguments which you so admire about Oukast. Yet you want to lump everyone into "RP Cults" but yet your in your own little Cult. Quite Ironic dont you think??

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The OP left out one part of this highly likely scenario.

Where Ron Paul takes the stage and graciously offers his support to the nominee, Mitt Romney, thus fulfilling his role.

The shock and horror on the Paulinistas' faces will be priceless.

The true believers will hang on through conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory funding the Dr well through his retirement. He'll have so many book deals and public speaking jobs that he'll be a busy happy rich man in retirement. He is creating a perpetual money bomb through promoting his Brand very well. Even the ones who feel let down will not be able to resist hearing his reasonings for the outcome.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Im glad I brought that up for you but I dont think that will EVER happen. Hillary was very close to Obama but at that time the Party was United. I dont think the Party is United around Romney. Totally different.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Why is this a ridiculous notion?

Well, let's see... has this Acclamation vote ever happened in the past short of hearing role call vote?

You honestly think, that with millions of people watching across the United States, the Republican Party would commit suicide by completely bypassing the process it has become known for and instead "choosing" a candidate in the face of over a 1000 people who would be against such a decision standing directly in front of them?

And should they not allow the nays to be heard and go ahead with it... what then? What do you suppose happen in the next 10-15 minutes of live television that is showing the conference as a swarm of angry delegates realize that they and they states and their people were just screwed out of any voice whatsoever... do you think that they would simply stand by and take it?

I'm not sure how you envisioned Ron Paul supporters up until this point, but they certainly aren't people who would simply accept such a ridiculous notion without question and move on, and trust me, that hall would be filled with anything BUT cheers. You would have an all out riot on your hands.

Take your fantasies elsewhere. Should acclamation be called for, it can just as well be denied by majority vote as well, just as all rules in the convention. You would do well to study up.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

Im glad I brought that up for you but I dont think that will EVER happen. Hillary was very close to Obama but at that time the Party was United. I dont think the Party is United around Romney. Totally different.

You don't get it, the Party is united around not ever ever under any circumstances nominating Ron Paul. That is unity and the Leader of the GOP will see to it.

It also happens to match the will of the voters who have cast their votes in the GOP elections in the States.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

Why is this a ridiculous notion?

Well, let's see... has this Acclamation vote ever happened in the past short of hearing role call vote?

You honestly think, that with millions of people watching across the United States, the Republican Party would commit suicide by completely bypassing the process it has become known for and instead "choosing" a candidate in the face of over a 1000 people who would be against such a decision standing directly in front of them?

And should they not allow the nays to be heard and go ahead with it... what then? What do you suppose happen in the next 10-15 minutes of live television that is showing the conference as a swarm of angry delegates realize that they and they states and their people were just screwed out of any voice whatsoever... do you think that they would simply stand by and take it?

I'm not sure how you envisioned Ron Paul supporters up until this point, but they certainly aren't people who would simply accept such a ridiculous notion without question and move on, and trust me, that hall would be filled with anything BUT cheers. You would have an all out riot on your hands.

Take your fantasies elsewhere. Should acclamation be called for, it can just as well be denied by majority vote as well, just as all rules in the convention. You would do well to study up.

The people don't know or care about procedures, they will see the nomination match the will of the voters, which is what is supposed to happen.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Your missing one thing. I would bet there were Clinton delegates at that Convention. And I would bet there will be RP delegates at there Convention. Now, can you understand that point?? Those RP delegates will be WAYYYY louder than any LOUDSPEAKER OR ROMNEY CROWD!!! Sorry, thats a fact jack.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join