It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student locked up by the DEA for 5 days WITHOUT Food or water.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yah, prisons is an awful place. Who wants to ever go there, ever?

Industrial prison complex has claimed another casualty.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This story is a disgrace. I can hardly believe all the drugs and weapons that were found - the list reeks of set up. As for Chong I hope he gains excellent legal representation and fights for some recompense. I won't right the word compensation as the ethics here are far beyond money.

I hope Chang can make his story heard globally. People need to know that the security systems in America are a joke and not a funny one. Go Chang - I feel for him and the atrocious experience he has now gained as a part of his psyche.

No offence to any Americans who are reading this - but - this type of story puts a person off coming to your country. I feel for Americans - your people and country are suffering.

Much Peace...and healing for Chang...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

ay, as you say, it might not have been just a 4/20 party, but 18,000 eccies, JE-sus!! if each person was popping 6 tabs that would be a party of 3000 people..... did they possibly find a dealers stash? Coz that doesn't sound right,
he was at a freind's house. even if they were popping 10 pills each that's one kak-load of people to be at a friends house for a party... like I say, unless they nabbed a dealer, which could possibly explain the guns.
Also, if the DEA's statement didn't include methamphetamines, how did they get into Chong's cell?

I dunno, to me it sounds like the DEA are the ATF
need some more insight on what they found, how and where.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I read this on huffpo this morning and got sick to my stomach. this is where our country is going, this gross negligence by the powers in this country HAS TO STOP. they think they can do this # and get away with it. I hope this dude sues the DEA to the point of being shutdown, this country is a #ing mess right now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
No offence to any Americans who are reading this - but - this type of story puts a person off coming to your country. I feel for Americans - your people and country are suffering.

None taken.
This is and other are the exact same reason I want to stay in Germany. (Yes, I think Germany is much more stable than the USA) My friends just can't seem to understand how much I hate my country.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Why would u hold someone thats not a suspect? this is absolutely ridiculous....THANK YOU PATRIOT ACT!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Needalight

Originally posted by Amanda5

None taken.
This is and other are the exact same reason I want to stay in Germany. (Yes, I think Germany is much more stable than the USA) My friends just can't seem to understand how much I hate my country.

The reason is America has to be brought to her knees to establish the One World govt. That gosh durn Constitution is getting in their way.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

It’s not funny if he dies.
Its funny as hell all the stuff he went through, and how they left him in the cell, I hate to say it, but I pictured the event and laughed for about 10 minutes before I even answered this thread. Its funny and really not a big deal to me...Period. who cares about a stranger and what happens to them, loll...are you serious!
Hope you're ready for when it happens to you, because you have just baited karma.

ETA: no, probably not in the same circumstance. You might just be pulled over by a TSA officer on the highway and be deemed "noncompliant". It would serve you right to be treated that way for being noncompliant, wouldn't it?

Well, wouldn't it?
edit on 3-5-2012 by seamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
when are we the people going to stand up and do something about this as a whole? we need to take over the DEA headquarters, and lock these fools up and forget about them. this is just one of the many cries for an armed revolution to kick these thugs out of power. imagine if this was a family member or a good friend................ well????? he is to somebody. Our fed agencies deserve the firing squad from the American body.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There is no excuse for this kid to have been forgotten. How do you forget someone is locked up in there? What a nightmare for that poor kid to have gone through.

California jails and prison systems are well known for using tactics like this on their prisoners. They have let people go into serious detox and die in their cells. They knew Chong was drinking his own urine, and they were probably laughing about it down the hall. I have heard WORSE horror stories than this, and Chong is very lucky to be alive today.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
Why would u hold someone thats not a suspect? this is absolutely ridiculous....THANK YOU PATRIOT ACT!

Obama recently signed into law a bill that says a person can be held indefinitely. Thank you "dear leader".

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is a totally deplorable act on the part of the state, it was'nt the first time either and i'm sure his is just the beginning. I am also sure that we will stand for much more of these kind of acts before people stand up and say they are tired and are not going to take it anymore! It's become totalitarian society and many people are not willing to stand against the state no matter how horrable their actions! I hope to God that they wont have to go down a similar road themselves but the truth is we have become ignorant and afraid of standing against such actions as we have also become desensitised to these types of occurances! I am ashamed to call myself an American where morals are abnegated accross borders or in political speeches but never justified with the actions of the state! Shame to us all sitting in front of our computers talking a good game but actually accomplishing nothing! I'm sorry Daniel for our inaction, we have failed to protect you under our once mighty constitution which has now just become a piece of old paper collecting dust! Please forgive us all!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by Imightknow
reply to post by LastProphet527

Even if you are correct and they were detoxing him, you still get WATER during your detox.

WHAT RIGHTS!
Hes a drug using kid who thinks hes grown and needed to be taught a lesson,and i think the lesson has been learned.i think he will never get high again,and thats a plus,good job i say,damn good job!

The lesson he learned was that he has no rights, and everyone else in this country better sit up and take notice. I don't care if the guy was tripping off every drug known to man and had an underground bunker full of explosives and weapons of every kind, he did not deserve to be held indefinitely with no food or water. More or less, he got the lighter end of a gulag treatment.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It's sad that this is occuring with very little media involvement... He got out the 25th!? And we are just hearing about this NOW! What an outrage....

Here's the thing.... Anyone who knows how a Jail system works, realizes you get strip searched before they put you in a cell...

HOW were there drugs in his cell? How did this happen! Was he not searched? Or, were the drugs planted on him...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
this is truly ridiculous! imagine if this happened to your mother or father. or one of your kids! or you! thats crazy, i hope this guy gets justice. imagine how often this happens & we don't even hear about it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
As hard as it is not to feel sympathy for a young man who had to endure such a debacle, keep in mind that he was caught with almost 20,000 ecstasy pills. I may be old, but I talk to my grandchildren who's tuition I help pay, and hear that some of their friends have DIED taking even one of these pills. Especially mixed with other drugs and alcohol parties tend to offer.....I'm not even going to comment on the Russian rifle with thousands of rounds and hand guns. Drugs and guns dont mix very well in my opinion, and only makes you look worse if you're caught doing something illegal.

When you think about it that way, he wasnt picked up and abandoned for simply smoking while listening to Bob Marley ( yes I'm in my 90's and know who he is), this young man was clearly a drug kingpin in the little area he controlled. Most likely college kids who could have potentially DIED due to the pills he was planning to distribute.

Race has nothing to do with this. Bad decisions were made all around. Also, consider though, there are brave men and women who are risking their lives in places like the middle east, and have had to endure such treatment. Do you expect a lawsuit or an apology letter from the government for them?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He might as well have just won the lottery for he will be a multi-millionaire in 6 months. #-happens I guess is the best way to explain it, but if this was so many other countries he would most likely be dead now..

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Chong and eight others were arrested at a party where DEA agents seized "18,000 ecstasy pills, marijuana, hallucinogenic mushrooms, a Russian rifle, two handguns and thousands of rounds of ammunition." Seven arrestees were booked at the county jail, and one was released. Chong was left in his cell.

Ok. So I've been to my fair share of LARGE parties/raves/whatever you will refer to them as, and I've NEVER seen 18,000 ecstasy pills; aside from movies and Ozz Fest (or some other large festival).

So you're saying THOUSANDS of $$$ in drugs & ammunition was found, yet ONLY 7 arrests!? I mean, how did they choose this kid out of what would obviously been 50-100+ kids, arrest him, only to say he wasn't guilty?

Something just doesn't add up.... I'm referring to the amount of drugs & ammo relating to the arrests. I totally believe the DEA did that to this guy, as I've had several instances of abuse from local & state police, and I'm not even in the 4/20 scene.

This seems selective...

edit on 5/3/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Poor guy! he doesn't deserve that even if he was on drugs. Taking drugs is a choice we make ourselves and isn't a justification for treatment like that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join