It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College student locked up by the DEA for 5 days WITHOUT Food or water.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
KA-CHING, Chong!

I like the sound of that

8 th Amendment, anyone? ......something about cruel and unusual punishment....riiiiiight.

NDAA, etc. should be fun

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
They are well within the law so nothing will be done. NDAA
this man clearly may have been a terrorist.

Um... I'm sorry but you cannot say "clearly may have been". That is a huge self contradiction. It's either clear. Or it may have been. Not both.

And based on your logic anyone who has ever consumed a drug (including medical marijuana) clearly is a terrorist. Yes they are all terrorists, who want to get stoned and play video games so they can ruin your life!!! MUAHAHAHAHA

Edit: Oh no I may have misunderstood your comment and not recognised the sarcasm upon first read. I'm truly sorry if that is the case! Sarcasm can be hard to communicate through written type.
edit on 2-5-2012 by knightwhosaysnih because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

michaelbrux,

I thought of two ways I could drink my urine without a cup (or similar receptical) and it took me approximately 10 seconds. And, I wasn't even thirsty. Withold fluid for three days, I bet I coud come up with at least two more. Whoops, just thought of another one by accident. Are you serious?

I know, from personal experience that at least one holding cell at the San Antonio Airport has no sink, or toilet, or water of any kind. I can assure you, with NO fear of contradiction, there are many others.

Finally, the article said he ate the meth. That doesn't make him a drug addict, it makes him a someone that is hungry enough to eat something of a holding cell floor. I don't care who you are, that's preettty hungry.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I heard about this earlier, and I can't say it was a shock. Things seem to be regressing with each passing day? Danny Chong's detention violated the 8th amendment. Most importantly, this guy was detained without being charged. Five days! No food or water! No phone call or even the right to consult with an attorney.

This is a grievous abuse of power and a blatant disregard for the US Constitution. No apologies, no internal reviews, or any of that nonsense. I want people to be charged with crimes, and at the very least immediately removed from their duties as officers in the DEA. They are going to try and buy this guy off with whipping out the check book. I hope he declines.

The agency and the people responsible for his unlawful incarceration need to be held accountable. Furthermore, every alphabet agency needs a top down review by Congress to weed out waste, inadequate use of resources, and various other discrepancies that have been surfacing in the news quite frequently. It will be a difficult task, but it needs to be done! Like yesterday! I rest my case.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ok. I'm just curious if I'm the only one who smells something SUPER fishy...This kid had meth with him, in the cell? How did they just "forget" him?? What, was he a terrorist? Yeah, it's inhumane what happened. I'm there. However...what just happened??? What kinda 420 party was this anyway? And what kind of holding cell was this? I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who thinks there's something larger going on that none of us are aware of yet. Was he just some innocent college kid at some crazy 420 party who legitimately got "forgotten" or is something much, much, bigger happening? Do I smell a conspiracy coverup? Did some DEA grunts screw up somewhere and their only lame excuse is "We forgot him." Anyone?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Hear, Hear!!

Jakes51 for president!!!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What happened to him is totally wrong.

He would have been far healthier if he hadn't drank his own urine.
That was just a bone head move, 5 days is pushing the limits of the body but drinking his own urine is what pushed his body into an ultra high unhealthy state.

I'm not saying he deserved it, I'm just saying he should have been smarter and played it cool.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Truly a horibble story OP.
So what's going on? Are moral standards in general deteriorating withing the ranks of U.S. LEOs?
Or was this particular LEO the classic case of a so-called "black sheep"?
How big is the outrage about this up until now?

*pardon my unawareness, this kind of news is seldom subject to detailed press reports outside of your U.S. media.
edit on 2-5-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Most likely racism. Especially if the kid had an attitude. Nothing more infuriating to a white cop ( especially in these pc-multicult times ) than a minority transgressing the law.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I hate to say this because I know there are good guys out there that risk their lives doing a hard job.
To me it seems that the LEOs in this country are getting worse and worse.
Part of it is crappy law suits that ruin lives, the other part is greedy unions that don't actually care about the individual officer.

Cops now arrest camera men(professional news men and amateur) for filming them doing illegal arrests.
Or taze and beat them.
Beat a homeless man to death in Orange county because the homeless man annoyed them.
Plant drop guns on police shooting victims.

The list goes on and on.
There are good guys out there.
I just think they are getting fewer and fewer.
They are being driven out by BS policies, peer pressure from the larger and growing group of bad cops.
Simply retiring, and being replace with two bad cops.

The entire police system in the country is getting worse, and there just aren't enough good cops to fight back the bad ones anymore.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

That was just a bone head move, 5 days is pushing the limits of the body but drinking his own urine is what pushed his body into an ultra high unhealthy state.

I'm not saying he deserved it, I'm just saying he should have been smarter and played it cool.

So how long would you have waited to use your last resort water source? After 3 or 4 days he should have been long gone and he had no idea how long he was to be in there. He did what he thought he had to do. Why don't you go without water for 5 days to see how you react? Please? Didn't think so.

Calling him a bonehead isn't appropriate.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

Clearly he watched Man vs Wild...
edit on 3-5-2012 by CaPpedDoG because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

This is wrong.

Sending a 23 year old guy into a box that he's not ready to be in for 5 days with no food or water is pure murder, and the ones responsible for this attempted murder should be boxed in for 5 days and let's see how they like it when they are boxed in with no food or water.

A mystic is able to last a month or more without food or water, people that usually fast are able to last 3 days without food or water, but now a day citizens of Northern America, can't even last 2 hours without food or water.
what a sad and corrupt society we live in.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
This is a big deal... and now we have to look at how over reaching our government really is to let an slip up happen like this.. Chong was doing drugs, yes. He was arrested at a party, but thats not the point... The kid is 23, he had to drink his own urine to survive! His kidney's LITTERALLY shut down!!!!

What do we do? People are saying "he deserved it!" What if they were YOUR kids...

If this was my kid... I would start a movement... The DEA responded trying to justify themselves it makes me sick

Who is saying he deserved this? This incident is so egregious & inexcusable, it's head-spinning.

The incompetence is stunning. Not only do these people need to be fired, they need to be charged with criminal negligence. I hope he sues their %*$ off.

It's really a very scary story -- this could happen to anyone taken it by these jerks.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I wouldn't drink pure urine plain and simple.
I know the harm it can do to the body.
It does even more harm when you are already dehydrated as it becomes concentrated.

They only time it is remotely safe as a survival method is to actually stretch out an existing water supply and even then it's not recommended.

Originally posted by litterbaux
So how long would you have waited to use your last resort water source?

It's not actually a water source...
It is a toxic waste source.

I stand by my original assessment, he was a bone head.
It would have been safer to actually hold his bladder as much as possible because the bladder is a selectively permeable membrane that can draw pure water out while leaving the waste contained safely in the bladder.

So don't go taking that high and mighty attitude with me...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I would of been freakin out!

"forgetting" he was in there is a load of crap & if he was screaming then I think you would know!!

No food or water for 5 days is very harsh for just being caught at a 4/20 party!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

This is wrong.

Sending a 23 year old guy into a box that he's not ready to be in for 5 days with no food or water is pure murder, and the ones responsible for this attempted murder should be boxed in for 5 days and let's see how they like it when they are boxed in with no food or water.

A mystic is able to last a month or more without food or water, people that usually fast are able to last 3 days without food or water, but now a day citizens of Northern America, can't even last 2 hours without food or water.
what a sad and corrupt society we live in.

What made the dehydration worse was eating the meth. Yuck. That stuff is pure poison that would suck the water out of a healthy person, muchless a person who is already badly dehydrated.

He came close to dying. I wonder what they would done had he died? Try to cover it up?
I wouldn't put it past them, some cops are really corrupt.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
This is a big deal... and now we have to look at how over reaching our government really is to let an slip up happen like this.. Chong was doing drugs, yes. He was arrested at a party, but thats not the point... The kid is 23, he had to drink his own urine to survive! His kidney's LITTERALLY shut down!!!!

What do we do? People are saying "he deserved it!" What if they were YOUR kids...

If this was my kid... I would start a movement... The DEA responded trying to justify themselves it makes me sick

When you say that he was doing "drugs" you make it seem like he was doing hard drugs. We all know that Marijuana is not even bad for you. If anything, natural THC actually helps you. I swear, this government makes such a fuss over Marijuana. The kid should sue their asses.

www.thcfinder.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join