It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why would hijackers crash planes into the twin towers anyway?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
By "OS'ers" I assume you mean just about everyone on the planet Earth except you.

What utter verbal diarrhea...it just never stops. Another of your OS'er friends used this same exact line of crappola on me just yesterday.... I can't even dignify the garbage you dish out as "psychobabble'... it's just plain pathetic.

This poll is five years old.... I'm sure it's well over 50 percent by now....

New Poll: A Third of U.S. Public Believes 9/11 Conspiracy Theory

www.911truth.org...

In Europe, where the media is slightly less suppressed and people aren't nearly as dumb as the average Walmart-Americans, the numbers are far higher. Germany, for example, weighed in at 89.5 percent.

Nearly 90 Percent of Germans Do Not Believe Official 9/11 Fairy Tale

www.infowars.com...

Among Muslims, you'd be hard pressed to find ANY who believe the Official Crapline.

You see, people over there know exactly where the Nazi's went....

edit on 4-5-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Using those two sites for polls is like the Nazi's saying they treated the Jews fairly.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent

Using those two sites for polls is like the Nazi's saying they treated the Jews fairly.

911Truth is citing Scripps-Howard and Zogby polls.... Infowars is citing the New York Times/CBS and Zogby.

NEXT......

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What's funny is I know that you don't believe this. No one does. There is no popular uprising, there's not even a blip on the radar screen. Those that think 9/11 was an "inside job" are a microscopic sub set of the conspiracy sub culture.

Read the papers. Listen to the news. Watch TV. Listen to people talk. This isn't an issue.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Here is an AngusReid poll from a much more recent date :-

www.angus-reid.com...

What happened to your more than 50% ?

edit on 4-5-2012 by Alfie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

By "OS'ers" I assume you mean just about everyone on the planet Earth except you.

What utter verbal diarrhea...it just never stops. Another of your OS'er friends used this same exact line of crappola on me just yesterday.... I can't even dignify the garbage you dish out as "psychobabble'... it's just plain pathetic.

NOPE! An August 2011 poll taken by the BBC of both Britons and Americans shows that it's FIFTEEN percent now. Almost 70 percent believe these conspiracy theories are rubbish...

BBC Poll: 15% of Americans believe the 9/11 attack was staged

...which infers that now that Bush is out of office the wind has irrefutably been taken out of the conspiracy mongor's sails. The poll said the largest percentage of the conspiracy population was mostly comprised of younger people between the ages of 16 to 24...which- BIG SURPRISE- would be the very demographic that heavily relies on the internet (and those damned fool conspiracy websites pushing out abject paranoia) for their information.

When four out of five people right here on this board say "Go watch September Clues" and "Go listen to Alex Jones" and even "log onto AE911 truth" it's no longer for debate that the conspiracy people aren't basing their opinions on any sincere research. They're simply repeating the drivel that crackpots like Alex "Joker" Jones is putting out and they simply don't know they're being duped. How does "does the order still stand" mean the same thing as "stand down order" exactly?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

NOPE! An August 2011 poll taken by the BBC of both Britons and Americans shows that it's FIFTEEN percent now. Almost 70 percent believe these conspiracy theories are rubbish...

BBC Poll: 15% of Americans believe the 9/11 attack was staged

When do the polls ever ask if they think and airliner less than 200 tons could totally destroy a building over 400,000 tons.

How many people polled could eve specify the masses involved?

9/11 has degenerated into psychological nonsense on both sides. Too much BS from the so called Truth Movement is part of the problem.

Physics is not about BELIEVING anything!

psik
edit on 4-5-2012 by psikeyhackr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr

When do the polls ever ask if they think and airliner less than 200 tons could totally destroy a building over 400,000 tons.

Really? This is the best you can do? No one thinks the airplane walked up to the building and started whacking at it with its little wings. They all know that the impact of the plane started a chain of events that resulted in what we all saw on 9/11/2001. Call it "destroyed", call it "crushed", call it anything you want.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

When four out of five people right here on this board say "Go watch September Clues" and "Go listen to Alex Jones" and even "log onto AE911 truth" it's no longer for debate that the conspiracy people
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Oh Dave...you've been spying on the enemy. Have you registered?

(and those damned fool conspiracy websites pushing out abject paranoia)

...and you used brackets this time. thank you for that

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This is the best you can do? No one thinks the airplane walked up to the building and started whacking at it with its little wings.

And you talk about the best someone can do.

Psychological Bullsh#

psik

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by psikeyhackr

This is the best you can do? No one thinks the airplane walked up to the building and started whacking at it with its little wings.

And you talk about the best someone can do.

Psychological Bullsh#

psik

Just responding to your posts. You are the one that keeps insisting that the events of 9/11 could not have occured because of the ratio of the weight of the plane to the weight of the building. I bet I can destroy a 100 ton house with a 2 ounce match - you wanna take that bet?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Read the papers. Listen to the news. Watch TV. Listen to people talk. This isn't an issue.

It`s obvious that`s where you get your info from.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

psik
edit on 4-5-2012 by psikeyhackr because: (no reason given)

You often refer to physics but when you keep banging on about how small a 200 ton airliner is in relation to a WTC tower you don't seem to have made any calculations to ascertain the energy of the impact.

Your 200 ton airliner converts to 181436 kilograms and its speed of 500 mph ( one was going faster and the other slower so this is a mean) converts to 223 meters per sec.

If you apply the formula for kinetic energy :-

KE = 1/2 mass X Velocity squared to those figures you get 4,511,315,422 joules. This is equivalent to more than 2000 sticks of dynamite without beginning to think about the fuel load.

Stop just thinking about relative weights and consider for a moment what 2000 sticks of dynamite plus 10,000 gallons of aviation fuel can do..

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
reply to post by hooper

And where do you suggest I get my "info" from? Which conspiracy website do you suggest I visit to get my fill of info?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

9/11 has degenerated into psychological nonsense on both sides. Too much BS from the so called Truth Movement is part of the problem.

Physics is not about BELIEVING anything!

Of course it is. You're asking us to believe there's some critical hidden information in the distance the buildings recoiled when it was hit that no other physicist on the planet believes is relevent enough to address.

Actually I should really just say "no physicist on the planet believes is relevent enough to address" since I've asked you numerous times what your background is in physics and you've steadfastly refused to answer, which leads me to believe you're just a play-pretend physicist posting a lot of nonsense. Go ahead and prove me wrong

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Oh Dave...you've been spying on the enemy. Have you registered?

What do you mean, "spying on the enemy"? I have said many times I go to these conspiracy web sites to see what they're saying, because I've also said many times that true research involves looking at both sides of the issue to see which one has the better credibility. So, for example, when side A claims that "Cheney issued a stand down order and no interceptors were scrambled" while side B says a flight of F-15 fighters were scrambled from Otis air force base and a flight of F-16 fighters were scrambled from Langley, I will see that side A is lying and side B is telling the truth. After all, I can't explain how those damned fool conspiracy web sites are lying to you unless I go to these sites to find out exactly what the lies are, can I? It's lies, and never the truth, that needs to fear critical analysis.

Have I registered for what?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
reply to post by hooper

And where do you suggest I get my "info" from? Which conspiracy website do you suggest I visit to get my fill of info?

Well, certainly not were you seem to have been getting it from.

In fact. The very site you`re on now has a wealth of information on the subject of 9/11 and from both camps, i find.
Each link leads to another on the internet as most researchers would know.

Conspiracy sites ?
I don`t go near them..........exept for ATS maybe.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
bin laden has stated his goal was to become the #1 enemy of the united states

and they are easy locate and to hit if you are a novice pilot

2 years prior to that my brother in law took me down the hudson river in a little prop plane

easy as pie

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by Insolubrious
Can anyone tell me what was the reason was for hijacking two planes and crashing them into the twin towers. Why go through so much trouble? In terms of the official story and historically it doesn't make any sense, unless of course the intention was to take the buildings down.

Can you think of any logical reason behind the idea EXCEPT to bring the towers down?

This is one of the main laments that Lee Hamilton had with the 9/11 commission findings- they looked high and low but they couldn't find a statement from Atta on exactly why they did this. All we can do is speculate, and the speculation ranges from...

a) When Atta was studying in Germany he wrote a paper describing how bad skyscrapers were as they ruined the skyline and destroyed the traditional layout of any city, like usurping traffic patterns. Plus, his college friends in Germany mentioned several times on how he thought NYC was a major center for Zionist expansionism. Combining this with the WTC being arguably the most famous buildings in arguably the most famous city in the US, it's easy to see how it would have found its way onto a list of targets

..which sort of suggests he'd like to destroy some towers, wouldn't you agree?

b) the WTC was targetted by Al Qaida back in 1992 by Ramsi Yousef, who was the nephew of Al Qaida lieutenant Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who was in turn a major player in the 9/11 attack. One can speculate that Al Qaida didn't like the fact the first attack failed so they decided to have another go at it.

Exactly, they wanted to finish the 93 job which was to bring down the towers.

c) plus, the main reason why everything points to it being an attack by islamic fundamentalists- they HAVE hijacked passenger jets (and the occasional cruise liner)in the past. They HAVE launched suicide attacks in the past. They HAVE murdered innocent civilians in terror attacks. Plus, they HAVE laucnhed large scale coordinated attacks involving the coordination of large numbers of people (I.E. the Rome and Vienna airport attacks). Sooner or later it had to have dawned on them to try and pull off a caper that would combine all of these features, which means an attack like this was going to happen somewhere, regardless. A different choice in the planning along the way would only mean innocent people were going to be killed somewhere else.

Yes, quite often they take cars, trucks, boats and pack them with explosives. Also a common tactic with these groups is to plant secondary explosives for when the first responders arrive. So taking it a step further would be to pack a plane with explosives, then we have the secondaries go off when the rescue workers arrive. John McCain pointed that out on 9/11.

d) I have seen no evidence anywhere that Al qaida or anyone else for that matter expected the buildings to collapse in the way it did, meaning that the conspiracy theorists are reading too much into it.

Exactly my point, what other reason would they hit the towers anyway, it seems like a contradiction in the official story.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Insolubrious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Plus Silverberg

Its SILVERSTEIN numb nutz

Larry Silverstein......

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join