It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Anchor Declares Obama Is Eligible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hahaaaaa...
Oh he's 'eligible' alright, but NOT for office!
HAHAAHAAAAHAAAAAAA

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

For the five hundreth time...Wong Kim Ark did not change the definition of "natural born" it only conveyed citizenship not "natural" born citizenship....but if you guys want it that way then here come Rubio and Jindal...

You can say it 5 thousand times if you like - you are still wrong and Wong Kim Ark specifically refers back to English common law:

The fundamental principle of the common law with regard to English nationality was birth within the allegiance, also called "ligealty," "obedience," "faith," or "power" of the King. The principle embraced all persons born within the King's allegiance and subject to his protection. Such allegiance and protection were mutual -- as expressed in the maxim protectio trahit subjectionem, et subjectio protectionem -- and were not restricted to natural-born subjects and naturalized subjects, or to those who had taken an oath of allegiance, but were predicable of aliens in amity so long as they were within the kingdom. Children, born in England, of such aliens were therefore natural-born subjects. But the children, born within the realm, of foreign ambassadors, or the children of alien enemies, born during and within their hostile occupation of part of the King's dominions, were not natural-born subjects because not born within the allegiance, the obedience, or the power, or, as would be said at this day, within the jurisdiction, of the King.

supreme.justia.com...

It thus clearly appears that by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country, and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, and the jurisdiction of the English sovereign; and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject, unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign state, or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born.

III. The same rule was in force in all the English colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the constitution as originally established.

-caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...
edit on 1-5-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: Add caselaw excerpt

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I never declared Romney wasn't a citizen. I was just pointing out his FLDS roots. BTW, Rubio was a Mormon at one time, but not FLDS.
www.miamiherald.com...
Like I said, I have no issue with Romney being eligible to run for president. I just wish his money was sitting in the US rather than in foreign tax havens. He should naturalize his money. ;-)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Why the hell does this birther nonsense never get forgotten? Our country has so many problems yet we focus on such frivolous matters that have already been debunked. Either its about obama is a kenyan or healthcare is unconstitutional.

Such patriots the conservatives are, and I am not even a democrat.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Because ignoring the law of the land ie: the constitution, is a slippery slope....it just keeps snowballing until they take a match to it...and some of us will fight to keep that from happening.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

And I replied to you before about you being wrong with this hogwash also.....that was one justice's opinion and was never ruled on by the supreme court....it was Jay's letter and Vattelles version that the founders based the constitution on.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Because ignoring the law of the land ie: the constitution, is a slippery slope....it just keeps snowballing until they take a match to it...and some of us will fight to keep that from happening.

Yeah only ron paul, sarah palin and the brady "conservative" bunch care about the constitution. No one else does. America and the constitution is only for conservatives. The democrats and every left winger must be a closet commie hell bent on destroying this great re-public.

keep thinking that!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Why the hell does this birther nonsense never get forgotten? Our country has so many problems yet we focus on such frivolous matters that have already been debunked. Either its about obama is a kenyan or healthcare is unconstitutional.

Damn...you make Patriots sound like a dirty word. You are already so far gone from what our Constitution stands for...you won't know what hit you when a Freedom you take for granted, is removed, like it never existed.

Des

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Damn...you make Patriots sound like a dirty word. You are already so far gone from what our Constitution stands for...you won't know what hit you when a Freedom you take for granted, is removed, like it never existed.

Des

A lot of our freedoms are already removed. I am not dellusional enough to think america of the 19th century is the same america of the 21st century. But I am more concerned about all the executive orders being shoved down our throat, the rampant war machine, racism, the debt celing and giving "the too big to fail" corps money they don't deserve.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Cool, now if we could only get some court to recognize this.
Until then it is just more hot wind.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I never said anything like that...I am a liberatarian...and a constitutionalist. Don't put words in my mouth.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Fox says hes legal.
But wait fox all ways lies.
But f o x say s hes legal.
But foz allwaysssss liessss
but wait they said hes legal
Does not compute does not compute
B OOO MMM

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Well, it seems libertarians and conservatives have been tag teaming against the left in america for a long time. Heck even ron paul can't decide what party he belongs to, so please accept my humble apology if some people feel confused.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I think alot of politicians only have their own interests at heart, not the country's...we have to be vigilant. Every election seems to come down to the lesser of 2 evils....but it is no secret I believe Obama and his supporters (some of them mislead) have fast tracked the destruction of the constitution..10 years ago I really thought I would not see this in my lifetime....boy was I wrong.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can't believe this stuff is still making the rounds. But there are a few things in this thread that I just find insane.

"fox says he's eligible"

but fox lies, so it's bs.

Yet, when fox was all over this birther nonsense, fox was balanced and fair, and accurately reporting Obama was not eligible.

So which is it? Fox was right when they were birthers, or Fox is right now? It can NOT be both.

That said, some of what people in here have said regarding natural born citizens is pure fiction.

According to some in here, unless you have native American blood in you, you aren't a natural born citizen.

Why? Because, unless you are native American, your ancestors migrated here, meaning your one of your ancestors fathers WASN'T born in America, and from the insane standard you've set, that means all descendants of them are not eligible either.

Natural Born citizen is talking about the CHILD, not it's parents. Sure, if you want, call it an anchor baby. Fact remains, all of you, somewhere in your family tree, are descendents of an anchor baby.

Honestly, put half the effort into showcasing the ACTUAL bs Obama has done, that you do wasting your breath on this nonsense, and you would have had him impeached by now. Then again, couldn't pull the trigger on that for Bush, doubt you can now.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I thought "Natural Born Citizen" meant someone born of a natural method/means (not cloned, etc). Maybe the founding fathers knew that someday alien technologies would be used to create humans by unnatural means?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I wonder how much in bonuses he got for saying crap like this lol
2nd

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
It's all about Romney ....heres the deal.
Natural born means ( undefined), but some take it as both parents being American born. So , we all know Obamas daddy was from Africa, so according to some constitutionalist, Obama is NOT eligible under the NATURAL BORN clause.
Now heres the problemo....Romneys daddy was born in Mexico, so according to some constitutionalist Romney would NOT qualify either. And if you want to take it just abit further......Rubio has problemos too, his daddy was born in Cuba.

Perhaps there's going to be a "surprize candidate"... but parents not born here (became citizens), who delivered our surprize candiate on foreign soil, but came back to the US long enough for the 14 year rule......

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Well now, isn't this a liberal's dilemma? Fox news says Obama is eligible. Ha!

Thanks guys! You can have your front row seat in the briefing room back now.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I have more of a problem with Obama being a Keynesian than a Kenyan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join