It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now You can be Arrested for Using Cash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
it doesnt sence using an old fifty and getting arrested,considering the only bills not remade are the one dollar bill.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blasphemusbudda

They want you to buy and sell goods using thier mark USATEN clearly says it in the light lol.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I found an old $5 bill in my wallet that I had forgotten, tucked down in a flap. I went to use it and the woman at the counter would not accept it! She said it was not real. I use the term "woman" loosely..actually, I mean a 16 year old kid. Apparently she did not remember how fives used to look!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I have some old silver certificate bills....wonder what would happen to me if I tried to use one to pay for something.....

Des

I'd arrest you for felony stupidity

Unless, of course, I was the one receiving the bill.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Flag on the play: Sensationalist Headline.

"Now You Can Be Arrested for Using Cash" Really?

ONE guy gets arrested because a stupid cop thought an old fifty was counterfeit. So what does that mean? ANYONE can be arrested for using cash of ANY kind? Ooooh - conspiiiiraaacy. That's what the headline suggests.

Here is the actual headline: "Old $50 bill found real, but not before bearer arrested."

I am seriously getting tired of al the sensationalized headlines for stories that wouldn't even make half the online news outlets. Seriously, can we knock it the hell off already? ATS, can you please institute a penalty for this kind of crap? It is getting out of hand.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

They actually aren't really worth much more than face value.... I've got a bunch of them, and a bunch of $2 bills also... just feels awkward to try and use them when other bills will do.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Flag on the play: Sensationalist Headline.

"Now You Can Be Arrested for Using Cash" Really?

ONE guy gets arrested because a stupid cop thought an old fifty was counterfeit. So what does that mean? ANYONE can be arrested for using cash of ANY kind? Ooooh - conspiiiiraaacy. That's what the headline suggests.

Here is the actual headline: "Old $50 bill found real, but not before bearer arrested."

I am seriously getting tired of al the sensationalized headlines for stories that wouldn't even make half the online news outlets. Seriously, can we knock it the hell off already? ATS, can you please institute a penalty for this kind of crap? It is getting out of hand.

I'm sorry you are so upset. A man was arrested for using legal tender aka "cash". It appears as if this is not the only time this has happened. Please point out where the title is misleading. You can now be arrested for using "cash" - did you read the story? Because if you did, you would see the guy was arrested for...wait for it...using cash. I think the title sums it up nicely. He was arrested for using cash - nothing else. Perhaps you should alert the mods! Travesty isn't it? Lol directly at you for being so "upset".

CJ

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

I have some old silver certificate bills....wonder what would happen to me if I tried to use one to pay for something.....

Des

Well...you just aced yourself out of getting the bill......

Des

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

They actually aren't really worth much more than face value.... I've got a bunch of them, and a bunch of $2 bills also... just feels awkward to try and use them when other bills will do.

You're right, of course. I guess I just hold on to those and the red seal bills for nostalgic reasons. It's like a symbol of a time when US money was backed by something other than hollow promises.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Des

Well...you just aced yourself out of getting the bill......

Des

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Actually, its a sad situation but it seems everyone was a victim in this case. Poor guy gets arrested, young cop looks like a fool, store clerk probably feels like a fool too. The whole reason this is happening is because every five years or so the goverment feels the need to change the way money looks to cut down on counterfeit currency. Its at a point where I half the time can't tell if its real or fake. Like those "gold" indian head coins. I wonder how much it actually cost the taxpayers everytime someone decides its time to change the look of money again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join