It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Troops In Neighborhood Streets Fully Armed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

U.S. Troops In Neighborhood Streets Fully Armed

libertarianreview.us

The photo shown above was taken by a subscriber in the city of Crookston, MN from the front porch of her suburban home. No, the men pictured aren’t from the local high school’s J.R.O.T.C sqaud – they are in fact trained soldiers serving in the Minnessota National Guard, Unit 2-136 CAB / B Company. Now, I have never personally been to Crookston (although I’m sure it’s lovely), but I’m relatively confident that they are located on domestic soil,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Working Link
edit on 5/1/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm unaware of the credibility of this site. I'm sure we have a few members from that area that could confirm the validity of this story. I found a similar story from 2008 that kind of mirrors this story. If it is true, I'd like to know what's going thru the heads of these soldiers. Training in american neighborhoods?

libertarianreview.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

Working Link
edit on 5/1/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It is the national guard, that is their job. Hence the "national" part of the name.

Most likely just a training excercise.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I thought the military has a bunch of mini mock towns to train in? Since they throw away so much money to the military anyways, if they want realistic drills, why not hire actors to populate those mock towns, instead of train in real towns like that?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Guard your guns. Don't let them take them.

If they try, they are violating their oaths.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Crookston has a population of less than 8,000 people as of 2010... Does have a national guard armory, and an office located at 01 University Avenue Crookston, MN 56716 (218) 281-6059. If you'd like to know more as to the presence of these troops just give them a call. I'm sure there's nothing sinister or conspiratorial about these events.

link   
I wasn't under the impression the NG did training evolutions like that in public, I did know that MPs and regular cops did joint operations near bases and in my home state of pa the guard and state police work together in counter drug units utilizing helicopters and resources. This is new to me.

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Hmmmm, I thought the military has a bunch of mini mock towns to train in? Since they throw away so much money to the military anyways, if they want realistic drills, why not hire actors to populate those mock towns, instead of train in real towns like that?

They do have training areas in/on military bases. But the national guard is a force that would be deployed if an incident was to occur on US soil. Most NG members live in the local area and will respond to situations in the area they live, so it only makes sense that they would do real world training in the area that that may have to operate in.

I know this may look menacing but if they did not do the training and something was to auctually happen and they did not respond to the incident effecting...such as when hurricane Katrina hit, then the populace would scream that they where not prepared.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

What guns? Hard times... I had to sell them all. Then a one armed burglar came along and stole the last one I had hidden. There aren't any guns here. Sorry....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by TKDRL

They do have training areas in/on military bases. But the national guard is a force that would be deployed if an incident was to occur on US soil. Most NG members live in the local area and will respond to situations in the area they live, so it only makes sense that they would do real world training in the area that that may have to operate in.

I know this may look menacing but if they did not do the training and something was to auctually happen and they did not respond to the incident effecting...such as when hurricane Katrina hit, then the populace would scream that they where not prepared.

Exactly!

I think it's hilarious that this even made it on ATS, not surprised... but yeah.

I mean cmon, the National Guard cant even hold a training exercise, or show a presence in their community with out someone thinking that 'something is up'...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
OP your link went dead for bandwidth.

Anyways I wonder if there is a possible situation including the possibility of earthquake and New Madrid fault. Not to mention the summit in Chicago.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I know if I lived in a town that had any military doing training in it, I would move, or try to get legislation against it passed. That's just me I guess. Of all the things I would have to worry about, one of the girls getting run over by a military vehicle on top of it? Nah, I'll pass

Like I said, maybe they should just hire willing participants, instead of using people that live in a town near their bases. It would be a whole lot safer IMO, for both sides.

And mentioning Katrina and NG, probably isn't the best tactic to get people to not panic. Afterall, they did go around taking people's guns away if I remember correctly

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

A conspiracy website, thinking something is up? Who woulda thunk it

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Blame that Alex Jones and his infectious uber-paranoia, where merely farting in public will have him accusing you of releasing mind control gases on an unsuspecting population...

Alarms bells for me rang when I saw on that article that they seem to think the US National Guard (or even the US Army for that matter) cannot operate on "US domestic soil". Now, I am not an American, but even I know whoever wrote that article has the wrong end of the wrong stick, in the wrong forest in the wrong country...

Conclusion: Paranoid bullcrap.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Go back to your tea and crumpets.

Don't worry about the affairs of us here in the states.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Explanation:

U.S. Troops In Neighboorhood Streets Fully Armed [fromthetrenchesworldreport.com]

Libertarian Review The photo shown at left was taken by a subscriber in the city of Crookston, MN from the front porch of her suburban home. No, the men pictured aren’t from the local high school’s J.R.O.T.C sqaud – they are in fact trained soldiers serving in the Minnessota National Guard, Unit 2-136 CAB / B Company. Now, I have never personally been to Crookston (although I’m sure it’s lovely), but I’m relatively confident that they are located on domestic soil, and unless I am missing something, the citizens of Crookston weren’t dealing with any natural disaster at the time this haunting snapshot into the coming police state was taken.

U.S. Troops Patrol U.S. Streets Fully Armed [endtimesnews.wordpress.com]

No, what was actually going on that morning was a “training exercise” involving a quiet neighborhood that probably isn’t that different from your own. Being the patriot that she is, Maggie decided it might be a good idea to start asking some questions. Nothing too difficult, mainly just what the hell they were doing walking fully armed down a street regularly used to facilitate the innocent pastimes of all American kids.

Glancing at her briefly one Soldier responded, “Just training Ma’am. Joining up with another patrol at the rally point.”
Not accepting this as a reasonable answer to her inquiry, Magge went on, “Oh, ok. What are you training on the streets of town for exactly?”

At that the young soldier replied, “To be honest ma’am, I don’t know.”

The reason for his domestic training exercise that morning might be unknown to him, but sadly this is not only just another indicator of the uncertain times ahead, but also a revealing indicator of how worried the Feds are of a possible outbreak of civil insurrections across the nation.

Personal Disclosure: Note all edits to bold are mine for emphasis. I hope this helps.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'd rather have troops patrolling here than in other countries..... Other countries should pay us for our protection.....

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I would also like to note that in the picture provided I do not see any BFA's attached to the muzzle of those weapons, I could be wrong here, as a marine 0311 when we did training like this in simulated combat towns with OPFOR and role players we always had a BFA attached unless we were doing live fire simunition exorcises. It could mean they are not armed (which I'm pretty sure they are not but the lack of the BFA makes me wonder) I think the population would welcome this better if they had one attached as I was under the impression that is SOP

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Blame that Alex Jones and his infectious uber-paranoia, where merely farting in public will have him accusing you of releasing mind control gases on an unsuspecting population...

I swear, it wasn't me, it was the other guy .....[hee,hee].
It definitely gives a whole new meaning of a "deadly" fart!!!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm not able to visit link 1 in OP's post or even the 2 nd link in the 2 nd post.
It says bandwidth exceeded...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join