It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an Orthodox Christian and Historian; Almost Everything Most Know About The Church is False

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Tell us something we don't already know.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You want questions? Sure ... I'll ask ...

1 - HOW is this not something that should be in the off topic religion forum? The amount of preaching of your interpretation of scripture as 'truth' in your opening post deems this as something that should be in that forum instead - IMHO.

2 - HOW on earth can you say that you can clear up misunderstandings about God, Christianity, The Church, Christs teachings, etc. All you have is your interpretation of scripture and your interpretation of history - history that may or may not be accurate. For 2,000 years, minds greater than ours have tried to unravel the mysteries of God and have been unable to do so .. even though they claim to have been able to do so, and yet all the while they contradicted each other.
So tell us .. how is it that your interpretation is the real one and the others through out the millenia are false?

Dear Flyersfan,

May I ask - why are you continually seeking to push religious conspiracies to Offtopic posts when members question Catholicism?

Are you afraid, because you know that faith had been compromised for centuries, and afraid that others may similarly question it?

It's totally contradictory of your integrity when you personally fought here on ATS against the secular gov over the 1st Amendment rights when you deem the gov is acting against that church over the healthcare issues, and yet here you are unconscionably demanded that other christian faiths topic be tossed into the offtopic sectors.

To you, is Catholicism MORE EQUAL than the Constitution, other christian faiths, citizens and humans, that it is above discussion and debate?

The thread is correct and does have the right to be here. There is indeed been a christian religious conspiracy perpetrated for centuries. It is high time it be brought to light, and be hidden no more. This is ATS, where nothing is left unturned in the quest for the truth and knowledge with freedom of expression and free will.

Light illuminates. The dark hides. Stand in the light, for the light fears nothing. Stand in the dark and when illumination is casted, everything will be brought before the light for judgement, including you and me, for no mortal is perfect. Acknowledging and correcting errors is the only way to progress and evolve for flawed mortals. Hiding brings only regression if not doom.
edit on 1-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DominusIlluminatioMea
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Except Catholics pray to Mary, do they not? Therefore making her an idol.

We ask her to intercede (help, pray) for us with the Lord. If we worshiped her that would be a different story. An idol is a false God.

"Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen"

Do you obey the 4th commandment? So does Jesus. He honors his mother, as should all of us. When Jesus was dying and gave Mary to John to be his mother, He also, through this act made her our Mother.

Marian dogma was not created without reason. When some people over time began to question beliefs about our Our Lady, then the Church made the dogma to clarify the Church's belief. The link discusses the four Marian dogmas.

www.netplaces.com...

BTW Muslims respect and honor Mary as the greatest woman. They believe Jesus was born to a virgin and the Koran talks in much greater detail about Mary than does the Bible.
en.wikipedia.org...

It a pity that so many Protestants ignore Mary. She gets more respect from the Muslims.

edit on 5/1/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
why are you continually seeking to push religious conspiracies to Offtopic posts when members question Catholicism?

Two threads in two days is not 'continually' doing anything ... And both those threads contain no conspiracy, only personal interpretation. And the first thread was nothing more than a scripture spitting contest full of proven errors, but people continued to post those errors anyways. Crap like that belongs in the off topic religion forum. (and IMHO - the entire off topic religion forum should be tossed in the cyber waste basket .. it's full of garbage and hate).

Are you afraid,

OMG that's funny.

you personally fought here on ATS against the secular gov over the 1st Amendment rights

WRONG. The secular government promises first amendment rights.
To defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights is to defend freedom of religion.
You really should read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights sometime.

everything will be brought before the light for judgement, including you.

oh brother ...

edit on 5/1/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread...Interesting.

I found this website last year and it freaks me out the way they tell it: Source

I was wondering if you had any knowledge, history or thoughts on: Sedevacantism

At this time, Sedevacantism is the correct position for Traditional Catholics to hold. Sedevacantism is Latin for "Vacant Seat," or, the Chair of Peter is empty because the person that holds it is a manifest heretic and automatically excommunicates himself for going against the Traditional teachings of the Church. This is where we find ourselves today.

Source

After more research I find:

Sedevacantism is part of the very crisis in question, since it has created even more confusion among the faithful, already so confused and scandalized by the doings of the post-conciliar era. Restoring the Church will be furthered by recognizing the authority of the current Pope, as well as properly distinguishing his binding papal teachings from his mere opinions and actions, which may be the product of human weakness or self-respect, but which can never be evidence of formal heresy.

Source

In closing...I can say I get frustrated with words and their meanings and/or interpretation....then add in different languages to top it off. With history....It happened one way and gets remembered another way...and lucky us wake up to choas.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I found all the answers i needed in messianic judaism. I went back before the church even began, to find the answers i sought and with alot of revelations from Christ pointing the way, i know exactly what happened. Mystery Babylon took over the church and she is still there to this day. This is why i am nondenominational and why i only accept Yeshua as my final authority and not any man made church.

The only way to fix the church is tear it down and take it back to the first century, working from the Council of Jerusalem forward.

Btw i have been to several Eastern Orthodox Church sites and both protestants and roman catholics are branded by you as heretics. Protestants were branded as heretics because we refuse to pray to dead men to intercede for us and we do not recognize any power or authority lesser than the King of Kings himself.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What a cat among the pigeons thread.
I am with Mahatma Ghandi on this one ,
he said,
"I like your Christ,
I do not like your Christians,
They are so unlike your Christ"

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've always wondered

why keep us in the dark about the real truth?
why cant we find anything but the shroud and is that even real?
If the secret societies are keeping it secret, why the big secret, why do they want to keep us from knowing the truth?
Will these people be send straight to hell for not teaching the word and being selfish?
And are in the end times? and gods coming
edit on 1-5-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

Please ask questions because I think I can help clear up a lot of misunderstandings about God,

Oh, I'm most definitely going to bite... *rubs hands together*

How do you explain an all-knowing, all-powerful being creating a race of intelligent creatures for the express purpose of being worshiped?

Ask any parent, and they will tell you that they don't want to be worshiped by their children. The greatest satisfaction they glean from the process is watching their children flourish by the power of their own hard work.

And yet God shows us no proof of His existence, and still demands our worship and praise. Furthermore, if we show any doubt, we will be thrown into the fiery pits for all of eternity.

But wait, there's more!

Hundreds of lives were lost in the name of God, and God tests man by punishing him for absolutely nothing, even so far as to make a bet with "Satan" in order to make a point that you can kick the dog, whip it, starve it, and grind it within an inch of its life, and it will still lick your hands, hoping for crumbs.

How do you explain this God? What's your rationale for this?

This should be good.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I don't know where you get your information, but Catholics do not consider Protestants heretics. If that was taught doctrine, I would be well aware. It is not.

There was a Priest years back that claimed Protestants are heretics and he was excommunicated (kicked out of the Church). Actually, that is the only time I have ever heard a priest talk about Protestants at the pulpit. So I believe claims to the contrary are lies.

For all my years, going to Mass on a daily basis from grades 1-8 and every Sunday (until 2006 -2011). I'm back!
Never, ever, ever, ever did I once hear a priest talk negatively about the Protestant faith. Yet, when you turn on the radio Protestant ministers can't shut up about how evil Catholicism is.

This leads me to believe that attacks on our faith come from Satan and that he is having a field day with the Protestants berating the Catholics. Protestants say to Catholics: "You are wrong". Catholic say: "This is my faith believe it or not." Of course, we believe we are right, but we keep it to ourselves, we turn the other cheek, and we don't go around telling Protestants they are full of it because we know you think what you believe is right JUST LIKE WE DO Instead of feuding about it we acknowledge your right to your own faith. You believe Christ is God, that is enough. The Catholic Church is not so self-righteous as to put someone else down because they have a different faith perspective, whether that be Jews, Muslims or whatever.

Now Satan has got his hands on a small percentage of Priests, so we can expect to get called the scum of the Earth and worst every time we open our mouths. You think your ministers are above reproach?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Satan has been supplying rocks to Protestants for the longest time.
You don't think God sees you accuse us? Do you really believe you are doing God's will? I was taught; "They will know we are Christians by our love." Some of you Protestants act like Michael Vick's pitt-bulls.

Satan doesn't try to destroy evil folks.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I don't know where you get your information,

Lonewolf fancies himself a missionary baptist. He gets his MISinformation from anti-Catholic baptist preachers and, undoubtably, Jack Chick tracts.

Some of you Protestants act like Michael Vick's pitt-bulls.

The hate that is shown by some so-called Christians towards other Christians, and the outright LIES that some so-called Christians tell about other Christians who have interpreted the bible differently than they have ... it sure does make the guy with the horns and pitchfork VERY happy I'm sure.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

those are some really good points, and bet there tons more I'm for the, why no proof other than what we see,

Is the book of Enoch the true bible?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

My point is,few people actually know what church is because their understanding of it started from the Roman pope's church.

"Church" is the great outdoors....the more uncontrolled and unimproved by man, the better.
"Church" is our Earth.

And lets not forget that the Earth, our solar system, our universe.. is all the same living, breathing, and aware organism.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I don't know where you get your information, but Catholics do not consider Protestants heretics. If that was taught doctrine, I would be well aware. It is not.

Uh, i have had more than one catholic call me a heretic, some of them on this site too. Thats where i get my information from.

I'm not listening to any Pope, or any Bishop or Cardinal i don't care what church they come from. I have Christ and he's all i need. The real church is a spiritual brotherhood, not one made by the hands and works of men. I have Christ, my bible and my conscience and my desire to free my brothers and sisters from Mystery Babylon before she destroys them.

This is the fire that fuels me, so when i post threads on the R.C.C. and the things the Pope hides in front of all your faces, i am trying to drag you away from HER. It's not just the R.C.C., the E.O.C. has been snookered by her too and many protestant churches as well. Believe me when i say you cannot walk out your front door and not have her in your face.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
If Jesus is the only son of God, why does he tell us to pray "OUR father thou art in heaven?" Surely, we should be saying "Father of Jesus thou are in heaven"...

Paslms 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

The bible also says Jesus is the firstborn of many brethren. If you get "saved" according to what the bible says doing that entails, then you are adopted into the family and Jesus becomes your big brother, so to speak.

Psalms 82:6 is accurate, a believing Christian with the power that is available (the baptism of the Holy Spirit, think upper room / pentecost) makes them a little "g" god.

Most denominations and doctrinal organized religion forbid talking about stuff like this, and the inconsistencies and corruption of the original intent of Christianity is what drives people away.

Who was it that said "I like your Jesus, I don't like you Christians" or something like that? Was it Gandhi?

To the OP:

Based on your studies, what then is a good translation of the bible today?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Uh, i have had more than one catholic call me a heretic, some of them on this site too. Thats where i get my information from.

Let me guess, this was after you mocked and berated them for their faith.

I have lived with and hung out with Catholic all my life and they don't sit around and talk about the problems with Protestants is..............

If ever we get in conversations with Protestants about faith we explain whatever they might question and instead of arguing we look for the common ground.

You need to convert somebody why don't you go after the Satanists and Atheists? Your continuous attacks Catholics leads me to believe that you believe us to be heretics.

Actually, I had to stop and think what you meant by the word "heretic". That word is not part of my vocabulary or mindset

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

"Church" is the great outdoors....the more uncontrolled and unimproved by man, the better.
"Church" is our Earth.

Oh, the rabbit hole goes a lot deeper than that, wildtimes.

"The biblical word that is translated "church" is the Greek word ekklesia (feminine gender) has nothing to do with the word "circle" that describes a shape. Ekklesia in its etymological sense means "called out ones," but in general usage it answers to our English words "congregation," "assembly," or "group." In one place in the New Testament the word ekklesia actually refers to a mob of rioters who were assembled to harm the apostle Paul (Acts 19:32). The word ekklesia in the Bible never means a building (whether for worship or secular use).
source
The followers of Diana of the Ephesians were called "ekklesias."

Statue of the Goddess Diana

Temple of Diana
"So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth" (Acts 19:27).
The God of the Bible hated, hated with a passion is seems, all things Feminine, most especially the Divine Feminine Avatar of many people all over the known world at the time.

"For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches (ekklesias), nor yet blasphemers of your goddess." (Acts 19:37).

Old English cirice, from Late Greek kurikon, from Greek kuriakon ( dōma ) the Lord's (house), from kuriakos of the master, from kurios master, from kuros power. dictionary.reference.com...

When one studies back in history, what does one find? The Goddess.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

I'm familiar with what's called "The Keys of Enoch", a book by J.J. Hurtak.

It's basically the Quantum Bible. None of the nonsense, all of the science. Unfortunately, it doesn't really use scientific terms...just descriptions of stuff that can't really be talked about using words, only understood through sensory impressions, i.e. seeing it or feeling it.

That, I believe, is more accurate than the Holy Bible.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

What does an ancient establishment from the Stone Age know about humanity? About energy? About the science aspect of it?

You must know all facets in order to truly KNOW why you are where you are, what you are, why you are, and why you do what, and where, and how...

Otherwise, it's faith.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't see the OP answering anyone on here.

What gives?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join