It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an Orthodox Christian and Historian; Almost Everything Most Know About The Church is False

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I just want to clarify something, purely curious. jesus dies, thats when 1A.D. starts, so when you ff to 325A.D, are you saying they had bibles? correct me if im wrong, or have interpreted wrongly, but didnt the bible get written in 500 A.D.? It was based off of tablets from sumeria. such as the great flood and many stories in the bible. so either they travelled and had the bible, or they stayed and wrote the bible 125 yrs later. so i see the thinking involved in your historical story, but it doesnt add up with the known facts. we have vatican translators for retranslating what the bible sais in base terms. what i want to point out if you watch that video is the KNOWN knowledge he shows. such as all three bibles, koran toran, and bible, are all translated from the same source.

heres a thread that shows what i mean www.abovetopsecret.com...

now im only discussing this in a purely academic way, so feel free to counter my thought and we can see what we learn.

edit on 1-5-2012 by mactheaxe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2012 by mactheaxe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I don't know where you get your information, but Catholics do not consider Protestants heretics. If that was taught doctrine, I would be well aware. It is not.

Uh, i have had more than one catholic call me a heretic, some of them on this site too. Thats where i get my information from.

I'm not listening to any Pope, or any Bishop or Cardinal i don't care what church they come from. I have Christ and he's all i need. The real church is a spiritual brotherhood, not one made by the hands and works of men. I have Christ, my bible and my conscience and my desire to free my brothers and sisters from Mystery Babylon before she destroys them.

This is the fire that fuels me, so when i post threads on the R.C.C. and the things the Pope hides in front of all your faces, i am trying to drag you away from HER. It's not just the R.C.C., the E.O.C. has been snookered by her too and many protestant churches as well. Believe me when i say you cannot walk out your front door and not have her in your face.

At least the Church gave you the Bible to dissect and add meaning to.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

The bible was put together in 325 by the Catholic Church. The bible contains some good things for sure, but also a lot of contradiction, myth, error, and stolen pagan material from both the Egyptians and Summerians.

Example of stolen material ... the Psalms. Christians are taught that the Psalms are from David and that he wrote them to the God of the Jews. But many of the Psalms are found on walls in Egypt much further back than Davids time. They were songs of praise to the pagan sun god. Also - the 10 Commandments .. 9/10 of them are word for word from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. And then there is the myth of Noahs Ark ... stolen from the Summerians. And then there are the two contradictory creation myths in Genesis ... etc etc

But I'm sure you have heard all that before.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Good to see that someone finally knows the real story, even if I don't agree with the religion due to my own personal views, I don't care at all for how it's been distorted.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by mactheaxe

The bible was put together in 325 by the Catholic Church. The bible contains some good things for sure, but also a lot of contradiction, myth, error, and stolen pagan material from both the Egyptians and Summerians.

Example of stolen material ... the Psalms. Christians are taught that the Psalms are from David and that he wrote them to the God of the Jews. But many of the Psalms are found on walls in Egypt much further back than Davids time. They were songs of praise to the pagan sun god. Also - the 10 Commandments .. 9/10 of them are word for word from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. And then there is the myth of Noahs Ark ... stolen from the Summerians. And then there are the two contradictory creation myths in Genesis ... etc etc

But I'm sure you have heard all that before.

You're right. Much argument over the details of how the information is put together, But it really doesn't matter, unless you want to take every word literally, as some more evangelicals like to do. The way it is, there's something there for everyone. Take from it what you will, leave the rest.

Personally, I love the Psalms and Ecclesiastes. It doesn't matter to me who penned the words, they're lovely.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That is an interesting example, considering the word Amen comes from the Egyptian god, Amun Ra. In fact, Amen is even one of his names. Christians continue to ignorantly say "Amen", not knowing that they are praising a sun god, which would be considered idolatry. Thus, people are constantly breaking one of the ten sacred commandments. I know Christians who say that they mean it as the "so be it" of hebrew translation, but that's interesting when three countries founded partly upon religion feature obelisks in their Capitols...obelisks, commonly known as monuments erected in honor of Egyptian gods. "So be it"...interesting. Although it would appear that Ra existed before the Hebrews did, perhaps there's a reason that meaning was attached, or that word assigned as a godly name?

Perhaps they were trying to imply that through the power of will, you can project your desire onto the world around you? Who knows?

Still, interesting insight relating to your post.

edit on CTuesdaypm292925f25America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: I felt like it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
bless you friend!!! as a historian you know that if the Christ did come back,he would think the whole Christianity would be blasphemous! Gos is God,Christ was a man. a man cannot be God by Jewish law.
you would be stoned to death for making such a claim in Jesus' time!
thanx to Constantine, there was born a brand new religion!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Can you explain the anathemas of the Catholic Church? Seems they consider everyone heretics.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

the myth of Moses is also stolen from Sumeria.
Gilgamesh was also put in a basket of reeds and sealed with pitch. Moses means drawn from the water,and it is an Egyptian name.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I think we've already established that half of the Holy Bible is ultimately unoriginal.

It is a tool of cryptic, warped half-truths used to impart metaphysical concepts that are still beyond our grasp, as far as I can tell. How effective that's supposed to be is anyone's guess...
edit on CTuesdaypm202028f28America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: I felt like it.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeekerMike

At least the Church gave you the Bible to dissect and add meaning to.

That is what i am grateful for. We wouldn't know Yeshua today without the scriptures, he would have been forgotten in the dark ages.

I can't help but wonder sometimes, how many souls were lost in those lawless days? In the millions surely. If Yeshua isn't ashamed of us he should be. The Queen of Heaven, she goes way back, farther than the church. She's in Islam, Judaism, the church, there isn't one religion out there she doesn't have her fingers in. Semiramis, there's the earliest incarnation of her i could find.

I wish i could show you what i saw but you probably wouldn't believe it, i didn't at first either but i asked for it.

Read Jeremiah 7.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
Skipping persecutions and about 200 years of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire, we arrive at 325AD. Rome has fallen to the Barbarians and the Capital of what remains of the Roman Empire has moved 1000 miles away to modern Turkey--into the heart of Christian culture. Partly because of the barbarian situation in the west, and partly due to new teachings that had never existed before, a council of Bishops from around the old western empire and the existing one was called to clearly define Christianity.

This paragraph is misleading because of the phrase "Rome has fallen to the barbarians". There were brief incursions into the Empire in the third century, but the Empire had been brought back together by the line of emperors ending in Diocletian. The barbarian invasions which brought down the western empire did not begin for another century, and that issue had nothing to do with the calling of the Nicene Council. Rome had not fallen.

It's true that Rome was beginning to be something of a backwater compared with the more populous east, bt this was a gradual process. What really separated Rome from the eastern churches was the Lombard invasion of Italy three centuries after this Council; it broke the political and geographical contact between them, left the Roman region in isolation, and forced the Popes to appeal to the Franks for help. Hence, eventually, the Pope's coronation of Charlemagne on Chistmas Day 800, a key event in the history of the west.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by DominusIlluminatioMea

Except Catholics pray to Mary, do they not? Therefore making her an idol.

We ask her to intercede (help, pray) for us with the Lord. If we worshiped her that would be a different story. An idol is a false God.

"Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen"

Do you obey the 4th commandment? So does Jesus. He honors his mother, as should all of us. When Jesus was dying and gave Mary to John to be his mother, He also, through this act made her our Mother.

Marian dogma was not created without reason. When some people over time began to question beliefs about our Our Lady, then the Church made the dogma to clarify the Church's belief. The link discusses the four Marian dogmas.

www.netplaces.com...

BTW Muslims respect and honor Mary as the greatest woman. They believe Jesus was born to a virgin and the Koran talks in much greater detail about Mary than does the Bible.
en.wikipedia.org...

It a pity that so many Protestants ignore Mary. She gets more respect from the Muslims.

edit on 5/1/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Christians place no importance on Mary, for she is simply the blessed woman who gave birth to Jesus. But we choose NOT to ignore God's Second Commandment which the Catholic Church removed in order to allow idol worship;

4“You shall NOT MAKE for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5You shall NOT BOW DOWN to them OR WORSHIP THEM; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep MY commandments."

When one can say that they worship the One True God yet WILFULLY agrees to church dogma in direct opposition to the scriptures of the one they purport to worship, there is no justification. Veneration of Mary is stating that she was a blessed woman - no bowing, no image, no worship. Anything more is spirtuall fornication and the eating of foods (doctrines) sacrificed (worshipped) to idols (demons). Jesus is the ONE MEDIATOR between God and man.

"This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey GOD'S commandments and remain faithful to Jesus." Revelation 14:12

It is the crux of the argument. One chooses to obey God or man-made church dogma of the "Queen of Heaven".

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Why do Christians always use the Bible to make their arguments? Are you incapable of thinking for yourselves?

Use your own ****ing words, for God's sake!

edit on CTuesdaypm272748f48America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Do you obey the 4th commandment? So does Jesus. He honors his mother, as should all of us. When Jesus was dying and gave Mary to John to be his mother, He also, through this act made her our Mother.

Um, the 4th commandment is "Remember the Sabbbath and keep it holy.

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

edit on 1-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
The Roman Catholic Church is the original official "name" of the Christian Church (though it was at first simply called "The Way"). It was founded in the Roman Empire and the Creed speaks of the Catholic (universal) Church. But. . . it wasn't called anything but "The Way" until the city of Rome was sacked and nearly empty and the concept of a central office never existed, but there was only one "way" and its life was in a community called the "Roman Catholic Church". It wasn't until the organization now known as the Roman Catholic Church left the Roman Catholic Church that the Roman Catholic Church became known in general by the term Orthodox while the western organization headquartered in the fully barbarian-controlled Rome started calling itself the Roman Catholic Church.

You make the name issue uncessarily confusing, because the word "Roman" was never part of the "official name" of the early church.
In the beginning, it didn't need an official name, because a unique institution doesn't need a name to distinguish it from others.
When theologians began criticising the early local heretics, they referred to the main church as "Catholic", ie "universal", by way of contrast.
I think the western church in the middle ages would still have been calling itself "Catholic" rather than "Roman Catholic", and the word "Roman" would have been an additonal label originally imposed by the Protestants to distinguish it from their own.. I suspect the "Roman Catholic Church" accepts the label reluctantly even now, for the sake of discussion, regarding itself still simply as "the Catholic Church".

edit on 1-5-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Why do Christians always use the Bible to make their arguments? Are you incapable of thinking for yourselves?

edit on CTuesdaypm272748f48America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Our God is our sword and shield.

You have issues if you cannot communicate without swearing at people in anger and flaming them.

Hows that for using my own words?

You tell us to use our own words, yet you are the first person to run to the bible to go dig something out of the jewish Tenach to use against christians.

We use the NT to defend ourselves, you use the jewish OT to bash us with which isn't really applicable since the new covenant fulfillment, but you still do it anyway.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Mary was the mother of the Messiah in mortal form.

She was honoured by the Messiah, not because of who she is, but what she had sacrificed and give him while in mortal form - love and guidance, just like any other mortal mother who loved her child and equally honoured and reciprocated by all mortal child of mortal parents.

She had never wavered in that love, though thick and thin, stood by him, while some others derided the son of man of having pretensions of granduer, not out of blind faith, but the most precious commodity in the universe - love, more so of a son whom had done no wrong but brought truths and responsible freedom to initially jews only, but as his followers grew even to non-jews, to all mankind.

Today, we respect and honour Mary, the manner we honour our mothers, for their love, patience, 9 months of pain, and compassion for us all. Without mothers, none of us would be alive today.

Being followers of the Messiah, we honour him, as well as his teachings. Without Mary's efforts, things may well have been different, as we pitifully see amongst many dysfunctional families around us. We honour her efforts. She is no Queen of Heaven, as portrayed by some. She was the loving mortal mother of our Messiah.

There is no harm in seeking for Mary for intercession, although...it is absolutely unnecessary. It is our Creator, whom we should seek for, for He alone created all and fill us with His immortal spirit within us humanity. We are His creations, immortal children of His by His divine spirit in us all

The Messiah was one of us, our brother in spirit, with a higher responsibility, as the divine teacher, who through his mortal life and teachings which many whom were not jews, can relate to and know for sure through his love and compassion for ALL humanity can salvation and redemption be heard, a guide for us all just as the many other divine teachers sent our way through centuries of our Creator's civilisational guidelines with free will, an Almighty known by many names across time and space.
edit on 1-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I'm pretty sure you don't think for yourself.

Your entire post is a product of mass-regurgitation. Try NOT repeating after your teachers, little sheep.

Baa-aa-aaa.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Starchild23

Our God is our sword and shield.

You have issues if you cannot communicate without swearing at people in anger and flaming them.

Hows that for using my own words?

You tell us to use our own words, yet you are the first person to run to the bible to go dig something out of the jewish Tenach to use against christians.

We use the NT to defend ourselves, you use the jewish OT to bash us with which isn't really applicable since the new covenant fulfillment, but you still do it anyway.

That's because scripture is the only thing you'll listen to. And if it's used in any way other than YOUR interpretation, you still fail to see it.

I technically didn't swear. I gave the implication of swearing in order to convey my absolute exasperation that you don't think for yourself. Because you don't.

I have absolutely no respect for someone who is too afraid of reality to admit that they haven't a clue where everything comes from, or what lies beyond death. On top of that, you sacrifice your free will and your beliefs, all logic and reason, just for a glimmer of hope in a cold, cruel world. Even if its delusional. But for the sake of hope, you convince yourself that it is actually reasonable, thereby debasing your entire thought process. What's more, you've shown that you cannot be trusted, because if you are willing to believe in groundless proclamations, claims without shred of reasonable proof, then you've shown that you will listen to any lie that offers you hope. You cannot be trusted, because you are too weak to handle fear.

And that's what it comes down to. Christians are too weak to handle the fears of every day reality, so they have to invent a God and a backstory to help them sleep at night. And I find it repulsive.

I bid you a very glad goodbye.
edit on CTuesdaypm151523f23America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join