It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your only role here is to breath and not to resist. Everything else is Predetermined."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This lady who had a near death experience says there is no free-will and that our only role is to not resist (accept).

So not only are scientists (neurologists) saying that there is no free-will and that your choices are already made by your brain before you are even aware and you "think" that you are thinking about choice, but now on the SPIRITUAL side, this lady and many others are saying that there is a "soul-plan" or "destiny".

I know some people just do not want to ACCEPT that free-will does not exist (at least not here), but it is true.

Your soul already planned it all out before being here and all of your interactions with others - your actions towards them and their actions towards you... The only free-will you have is whether you will go with the flow of it or whether you'll resist and get beat up by it.

Here is the video I was talking about specifically:

edit on 30/4/2012 by kosmicjack because: fixed long title and capitialization

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I see, so it's all predetermined except the arising of resistance ? the soul doesn't know that we are going to resist ?
or is it a sadist that like to see us trying to resist ? if it's all predetermined where does free will arises from then ?
who scripted that ? who scripted the resistance to the script ?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Know Thyself.

If you know you cannot have original pop up thoughts, then just take a second to re-think your thoughts on your own terms.

FreeWill Does Exist. You must Understand the choices you have already made.

My Signature...
edit on 4/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nirvi
I see, so it's all predetermined except the arising of resistance ? the soul doesn't know that we are going to resist ?
or is it a sadist that like to see us trying to resist ?

The idea is you will either go with the flow of the script that your soul has planned, or you'll get beat up and dragged along.

The mind is free. You can think about a choice and even believe that you can choose one or the other but your brain already predetermined which one you'll pick. According to this lady the soul planned it.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Of course free will exists.
Free will is what is used to make the soul plan in the first place.
Our souls have lived many times over in different forms of life in different parts of the universe. Life is a lesson the soul needs to learn in order to move onto the next life, until the soul has learned all the lessons it needs..

If we're talking about resistance against government/banks/etc, perhaps it was pre-determined that this would happen, to free humanity from the grip of evil.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The idea is you will either go with the flow of the script that your soul has planned, or you'll get beat up and dragged along.

In years past I would have argued against that stand. But as time goes on, I'm thinking that could very well be the case. We have certain things that are open to free will, but a whole lot more that are outside our control. We are small and have no say in how much of anything turns out .... sure, the small stuff ... but I mean the really big stuff.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Every moment in "time" already exist.

No matter what choice you make, it was predetermined already. Free will is an illusion. No luck, no chance. Just divine math

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A person can have an overwhelming experience and completely misunderstand it. That's all I know about empirical evidence. The scientific experiment that you referred to (suggesting that the brain has decided .5 - 7 seconds before the conscious mind is given the memo that a decision has been made) is part of a large body of research that I've involved myself with, and the broader suggestion is that the Homo Sapien brain experiences a thing called Corporeal Conscious Awareness (CCA) and that this is experienced after the "mind" activity has been processed (mixed in accurate sequence with internal and external stimuli) and properly vetted for experience consistency, and then presented as immediate memory. This process can take between .5 sec and 7 sec depending on how fast the brain itself is, and is necessary to ensure consistency of CCA for the corporeal brain (and the mind that it generates as dynamic information).

People who do a lot of thinking about the act of thinking have noticed this separation between the mind and the brain and have invented things like the soul, and the spirit, to try to explain CCA. It's how the mind/brain relationship works to ensure moment to moment survival of the corporeal whole. If not for that process lag-time, sentience would be a crippling disorder. The smallest hitch in the process would create enormous confusion, and you'd never be able to reconcile the flashes of irregularity. A complete loss of immediate memory causes a person to be literally incapacitated.

You have the freedom to choose between available choices. Free will is too subjective a concept to even possess an adequate definition. Forget about determining if it can be achieved.

edit on 4/30/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

There aren't any lessons that needs to be learned. Your soul is a part of the all - the infinite intelligence, this idea that you must suffer through this life to "learn lessons" is nonsense... and don't get me started on the "karma" nonsense...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If we are not here to learn lessons or try and achieve a positive karma, why exactly are we here? Why do we put our soul through this physical existence if the point isn't to enrich it?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That is not true in the least.

That is just one example of our body suits and programming, the AI portion, of us. But lets say your body already decides to react under stress, in a bad day, to giving in to temper, and release, but your conscious mind, draws awareness to this, and while you innitially give in, pulls you back, so you stop, gain your center, apologize and explain you're having a bad day and are more fragile that way, and withdraw, when you're own history has shown you you don't normally pull back. And you do this more and more, and pass things through until it is a lot harder to get a reaction out of you. I know, was raised in a household with all sides arguing, and they still delight to be right, though they rarely are, and argue versus seeing the light in people and protecting their inner cores and seeing beyond all that.

Responding to anything is a buton, in your brain, a recording of your childhood.

We tend to run on auto mode alot, auto pilot.

Its living in the heart, and living consciously, taking it into prayer/meditation, using affirmations, turning something around, that works, not immediately but gradually.

And yes, bucking those programs is indeed Consciously Chosen Free Will.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I think soul and spirit was thought up from ancient times, and just like today, many many had OBE's, NDE's and shared them, not to mention natural psychedilcs.

And we're just nature too. It stands to reason animals experience the same.
edit on 30-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
La la la fingers in my ears. I refuse to accept this notion. What would be the point? If this is how things are I imagine that I being who I am would have devoted myself to breaking free. I will NOT color inside the lines!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by arpgme

If we are not here to learn lessons or try and achieve a positive karma, why exactly are we here? Why do we put our soul through this physical existence if the point isn't to enrich it?

It could be for no "reason" maybe it just happens and is something to experience. Or maybe it is to milk as much joy out of the experience as possible. These are just a few possibilities off of the top of my head.

When you think about it does it really make sense that you are here to learn? If your soul is from the all intelligent divine, why not just stay there if the information is already there instead of being born here and not knowing NOTHING and having to learn the simplest things such as how to talk? THEN to be born again and have it ERASED and to start from the beginning learning how to talk, when your soul comes from the divine with infinite intelligence, and even some people living NOW on this Earth know how to tap into certain portions of that infinite intelligence....

As for karma it is a way to keep people trapped to enslave them in a way... You will not get any "bad karma" because you decide to breathe killing all of the little organisms in the air. You will not get "bad karma" for killing and eating an animal or a plant, that is just the way life is for survival.

How does a cockroach get "good" or "bad" karma?

It is nonsense....

As for free-will...

If all things are already predetermined, then we are slaves to destiny...
If all things are not already predetermined, then we are slaves to chaos...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by arpgme

We don't put our soul through this, chaos and the very nature of chaos did.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Everything was predestined before our time, Just as Jesus was Crucified before the foundation of the World.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
no,

I have changed my destiny. Fate is fate. Like I can't avoid growing old. I can avoid being a grumpy, lazy, tired old man. People can just lay down and die all they like. I am not going without my damndest fight.

What you are saying goes against nature itself. Nothing just breaths and doesn't resist. Everything either fights or runs.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't believe that.
There are some things that are meant to happen but we have free-will to deal with them the way we want.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is no will but the will of the creator. Whatever you do, you were made to do.

Free will is an illusion for the same reason that you being separate from God is an illusion. You are the one making the choices because you are an expression of the creator. Sometimes it is the individual who has a tough time dealing with his/her choices, but this comes from a lack of understanding that the choices one makes are the choices one was made to make.

Some people say that when people say they don't have free will, they are just trying to avoid responsibility for their actions. I say, "living with the responsibility of your actions is another word for guilt." Knowing that you were made to make the choices you make, you become guilt free. You become accepting. You become fearless. You become respectful. You become a full participant. You see that life is a creative dance and you begin to understand the rhythms.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
All is one creation being expressed from one creator. The creator has free will. Since we are an expression of the creator, we have free will too. But the creator's will takes precedence over our own. Individualized free will is an illusion as individuality is an illusion. All is one. One will.
edit on 30-4-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join