It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Your only role here is to breath and not to resist. Everything else is Predetermined."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
OP, I mean no personal insult or anything. But I find this whole idea to be absolutely absurd.

I'll state one thing for the record first: I'm not religious; nor am I atheist. I believe in a non-specific cosmic entity, and that there is a purpose to everyone's life. But seriously, what would be the point of living if we aren't making our own choices? What the hell would we be learning if we were just basically living in a movie? That would be pointless. I would compare that to buying a video game, then inviting somebody over and saying "You play it while I watch, I don't want to bother doing it myself."

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

It actually it would be like you (Spirit) choosing an interesting video game, and then actually being able to be the character (Physical Human Being) IN the video. Of course it seems like free-will but the whole game is already scripted from start to finish.

edit on 1-5-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I've been saying this for years, there is no free will. I got the memo back in the early 80's, I don't know why it wasn't circulated LOL. I actually have a few post up here on ATS saying the same things, from months and years ago, oh well....

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Xaphan

It actually it would be like you (Spirit) choosing an interesting video game, and then actually being able to be the character (Physical Human Being) IN the video. Of course it seems like free-will but the whole game is already scripted from start to finish.

So basically what you're saying is it doesn't matter what choices we make or what path we walk because they will all eventually lead to the same destination?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

reply to post by KenArten

Resistance isn't really changing anything. It is you "trying" not to go with the flow of your own life script but the flow will drag you anyway so it makes not changes.

I tried to imagine this, me resisting but still being dragged. Unless me dragging was part of my script, how will this not effect me emotionally at least and a bear with a sore head has to be influencing something around him? Who is responsible for this reluctance? My soul, my emotions, me (whoever that is if not my soul in a body)?

You notice I have a lot more questions than answers.

Problem is with the concept of the soul and its purpose. The soul is only relevant in a religion context and is viewed differently by different religions and their associated dogma. So we need to define the soul with a religion qualifier and then one size does not fit all. The purpose of life is also different across religions and as the soul is an integral part of this purpose, the purpose of any soul's life-story script will be different. But most religions see life as some form of test or learning. If one cannot influence the result through free will, then life and its script are irrelevant. Then religion is irrelevant.

In any event, if souls and life are governed by physics with all its causality and built-in uncertainties (al la the uncertainty principal), then the course of any life is perceived differently by each observer. So whose version do we measure the soul's life script against.

... OK, I said I see it as a lot more complex than just a yes or a no, everything or nothing. And I will continue to believe that I still have some control over the 20W of brain power that defines my life story.

But as always, good to exercise our free will to examine the widest range of options - even if we were destined already to do just that.
KenArten

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by KenArten

Wow a new member to ATS with uncommon sense, welcome! You'll have to get in line for the questions though

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

It seems like "taking responsibility", in this context, is always another way of saying "setting yourself up for guilt".

Not at all. It means taking responsibility for the consequences of my actions and that is an acceptance, not any form of deflection or self-blame. And why is it assumed that these consequences cause any feeling of guilt? I similar vein, I would also not even think of these consequences that may be very positive (whatever that means) as deserving any pride. It is not about emotions. When I draw the bow and release the arrow, it flies with all my truth in its flight path. It is just truth, not anything else. No right, no wrong, just truth, my truth. But at least my free will decided that I let the arrow fly so that I can evaluate my truth by observing that path.

Also, Zen thoughts of godhood within, all accepted. This simply confirms that I do have an influence on the universe and a free will to shape that influence. To “enjoy existence” alone seems to divorce my actions from the consequences of my actions. I choose to stay connected, not because of guilt, but because my thinking should be able to measure the consequences and guide subsequent actions. Is this right or wrong? It is me and my choice.

Now
have a cup of tea

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

A woman tries to kill herself, her brain makes stuff up so she won't trie it again and you think that what she said is true.? are you insane.?

According to you, people can do anything and blame it on their soul.

I died when I was 8 years old, (because of a head injury) and I know more about the spark of life than you can imagine.

If I was living in the past, I would have either been burned at the stake or made into a prophet, with all the stupid visions, inventions and idea's I have.....yes I can have fun with it, but I would sooner be the boy genious I was in stead of what I am now....ordinary.

To everyone.........My excuse is brain damage ...... whats yours.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I have always seen denial of free will as an excuse for those with no balls to stand up for what they believe to do nothing and just float through life without making any tough decisions.

'I have no choice in the matter therefore I am absolved of any blame for standing by and doing nothing'

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
"Your only role here is to breath and not to resist. Everything else is Predetermined."

It just occurred to me. By this logic, homeless people would be the most spiritually advanced people in existence.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
OP, I mean no personal insult or anything. But I find this whole idea to be absolutely absurd.

I'll state one thing for the record first: I'm not religious; nor am I atheist. I believe in a non-specific cosmic entity, and that there is a purpose to everyone's life. But seriously, what would be the point of living if we aren't making our own choices? What the hell would we be learning if we were just basically living in a movie? That would be pointless. I would compare that to buying a video game, then inviting somebody over and saying "You play it while I watch, I don't want to bother doing it myself."

Actually, the soul is not capable of actively living out a human life because its real consciousness is way greater than the consciousness of the human mind. The soul is therefore not capable of understanding limitation, restriction, discrimination and therefore emotions(which are formed by feelings of restrictions).

This is why the soul possess human beings in order to learn about the various limited human qualities.
What the human reality is, is filled with simple lifeforms that souls can possess in order to learn and experience restrictions/limitations and human emotions.

If the soul is here to learn about limitations and restrictions in the human reality, then it really does not need to influence or change anything.

In order for the soul to learn about the slow action-reaction human reality, it had to slow itself down into linear time and then restrict its mind to forget about its real greater soul identity, in order to experience from the much smaller perspective of a human being.

The soul is only consciousness and is not attached to physical matter, so as hard as it may seem to accept, the soul really does not understand the limited physical matter or human reality well enough.

The human reality is already present, souls simply just need to possess any of the living lifeforms to experience such a limited kind of existence. If souls are here to learn about human reality, then it only just needs to study it and watch it like a scientist, it does not need to alter it in any way that will just affect what is already true and valid. Anything that happens in the human reality is just a valid scientific 'result' or 'conclusion'. For the soul to try altering the human reality is tantamount to contaminating the truth.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I know some people just do not want to ACCEPT that free-will does not exist (at least not here), but it is true.

Its very brave to claim what is true.

I thought we had reached a point on this planet where we just beginning to realise that nobody has any clue what is going on.

Many people have near death experiences. All very different.

What has convinced you that this is the right one. That this one is 'true' and the other ones are not 'true'

Why this one?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

All NDE's talk about a divine "mission" or "plan", so it is not JUST this NDE. All of them say it just in different ways. This NDE is very specific talking about "no free-will" the others just say they have to come back to continue living out the divine "plan" or "mission".

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

can't agree with you there. i have come across many videos of NDE's and some people have had very troubling and disturbing experiences. I haven't noticed a huge number that are very similar to this one.

i haven't come across too many either where the people involved become clairvoyant.

For the tiny sum of 100 dollars(per hour) this woman will nuture your soul and tell you all you need to know.
Donations are also welcome if you simply want to hand over money for nothing. if your that way inclined.
www.nurtureyoursoul.net...

edit on 1-5-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

All of the information and her wisdom is provided free on her YouTube channel. If you want a reading or something then that is your choice to pay. She has to make a living too, she is a single mom.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

All of the information and her wisdom is provided free on her YouTube channel. If you want a reading or something then that is your choice to pay. She has to make a living too, she is a single mom.

she is 100buck an hour psychic. thats pretty pricey. well above minimum wage.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KenArten
reply to post by smithjustinb

It seems like "taking responsibility", in this context, is always another way of saying "setting yourself up for guilt".

Not at all. It means taking responsibility for the consequences of my actions and that is an acceptance, not any form of deflection or self-blame. And why is it assumed that these consequences cause any feeling of guilt? I similar vein, I would also not even think of these consequences that may be very positive (whatever that means) as deserving any pride. It is not about emotions. When I draw the bow and release the arrow, it flies with all my truth in its flight path. It is just truth, not anything else. No right, no wrong, just truth, my truth. But at least my free will decided that I let the arrow fly so that I can evaluate my truth by observing that path.

Also, Zen thoughts of godhood within, all accepted. This simply confirms that I do have an influence on the universe and a free will to shape that influence. To “enjoy existence” alone seems to divorce my actions from the consequences of my actions. I choose to stay connected, not because of guilt, but because my thinking should be able to measure the consequences and guide subsequent actions. Is this right or wrong? It is me and my choice.

Now
have a cup of tea

Whether there is free will or determinism, either way, there will be actions and equal and opposite reactions. Either way, we will have caused the action to happen and either way we would be responsible for the action. But knowing that you were made to make the decisions you make, the action's reactions no longer get labeled as bad or good. They are seen for what they are- an irrevocable fact of existence.

To be clear, I'm not in favor of free will nor determinism. I actually support a middle ground argument that is a combination of the two. This requires the creator and creation to be one and all to be one. Once you take an individualized, specific form, you no longer have free will, you have a will within the limiations of your form and the influences of your environment. However, you are not only the individual, you are the unified all as a single shared consciousness. From that vantage point only, you have true free will.

Now, the actions and reactions are both yours.

The practicality of this kind of perspective of the combined free will/ determinist view is now there is an avenue by which we can understand the point of it all. Now we can see through the eyes of God and see what is really going on here. Now there is an opportunity for PERFECT harmony. Now there is wisdom in allowing free will versus working to gain control. God sees something you don't and God wants you to see it too, but you (people in general) restrict God's free expression in your minds, and you miss out on something unique, peculiar, subtle, and for lack of a better word, divine. Allow creation to express itself freely and you might see it. Accept whatever comes. Don't fear.

There is free will, but its not yours, but actually it is.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The difference between man and God is this:

Humans want to change things, God wants things to be exactly as they are- the way God created things to be.

If you make yourself open for what is to come while accepting what is, there will no longer be a doubt that God is real.

edit on 1-5-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The women in the video is very sincere, and much of what she says is accurate to a degree. Where things fall flat, and way flat, is where she references the Angel. Here is where the problem lies with her experience. In most NDE's, people actually run into their soul matrix, a profound experience. She ran into another being who schooled her in the art of slavery. I once met a man, the soon to be "most powerful man in the world" and he can kill me or anyone he wants with a mere pen stroke. He said, with the deepest sincerity possible, that when he became the most powerful man in the world, he'd close all the secret prisons and make government more transparent then ever before. He lied. People lie. And people without bodies, who are really, really well known - lie.

The Soul has ultimate free will, in fact, there is nothing but free will being expressed through the creators infinite experiences being had through the infinite expressions. It is impossible for people to be a part of that infinite free will and not be free will - not have it but be it. But people misunderstand what it is. If I decide to go sky diving, I execute my free will to do everything I need to get on the plane. Once on the plane I still execute my free will to fly to the drop zone. But, once I jump out of the plane I have committed to the free fall, and there is where the free will is altered from "I can quit at anytime" - which is what people ultimately think measures free will, to "I have used my free will to commit to this experience so I'll ride it out..." and you ride out the free fall and chute drop. Some experiences have longer fruition then others. seeing free will in the choice of a meal is easier then seeing in through the course of an entire life commitment, but choice is choice and everyone has it.

Free will is the only thing there is. The main issue for earther humans in understanding this is the illusion of time. Time distorts everything related to the soul's consciousness expression, as the isolation and limitation created by the belief in time is completely contrary to a timeless existence.

When you are asleep, you are far more awake then when you are awake and walking around. When you are asleep your connection to free will is far more obvious, as how many times have you just walked away from a dream (out of body) experience because you didn't care for it.

The lesson with this video and her experience is to understand there are a whole lot of scum bags floating around in the non physical near earth plane who seek to confuse and they must, absolutely must, be challenged. St. Germain is a common woo woo all around great guy, but if you read Bramly's account of said great guy (in Gods of Eden) you'll find he's another scum bag.

Challenge those who represent themselves a gods or angels or anything that is supposed to know more about life then you - challenge your soul too. And those who propound anything that smells like enslavement - just sit back and not resist, are to be laughed at and ignored, as if your Soul used free will to put the aspect known as "you" on the earth plane, then you have free will too.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We may have free will, elsewhere, the place we are from and where we go after.

But maybe not here.

So maybe we get to choose a set of paths to follow, and learning experience you could call it.

Maybe our higher self knows what it needs to learn and get better at in order to become more pure and closer to the source, so it chooses experiences that will play out that it can "live " through and experience in order to fully understand that thing in the universe or that certain understanding which they may lack and need to experience first hand so their high self can fully grasp the concept and move on.

^ That is how I like to think of it anyways.

I'm thinking the ultimate creator has free will, but also gave some of his creations the power to themselves, create things. The greatest gift of all I guess you could call it.

To be able to create like the creator. Isn't that what we are constantly doing here anyways.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join