It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain to me how Homosexuals are "born that way".

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
ok, not sure how this all fits together....and maybe this is off topic, but going to share this here...on the way home from doctors office with pops, we stopped for gas....normally pops would pump gas, but he wasn't feeling great, and i insisted he just let me do it, lol, gotta love men...and I do..♥

Anyways this guy comes up to me and asks if he can pump my gas, I presume cause he wanted me to give him money if he did this for us...he's clearly crazy, lol, at least more then most of us on the surface...so I say ok, cool...I could spare a few bucks, clearly this man needed some help...

So, me, being me, just point blank asked him, " what made you so crazy ?" well, he explains to me that 5 years earlier his wife died, he went bankrupt paying her medical bills, this man was in his 50's I'm guessing, and he started to get very chocked up, my Dad now gets out of the car, cause he is worried I am in over my head, lol, nothing new, and ultimately the men shake hands.

The point of this story is that we all need love and "money", at least the basics, and without them we go crazy and waunder the streets asking if we can pump someones gas....anyways,,,,gave this guy a big hug, a few bucks, and I hope respect...we all deserve that much...♫

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by libertytoall

Many gay people do reproduce.

Then again following the examples of Jesus, St Paul and the Pope might lead to zero reproduction.

Did they make grandchildren or not?

At least not according to any official form of Western Christianity.

What would Jesus do?

Well, He certainly never had grandchildren.

So if people are judged for being non-reproductive (which is in any case false when applied to the global gay community), then you are judging Jesus.

edit on 29-4-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Please explain to me how a gay couple reproduces. What planet are you living on?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Please explain to me how a gay couple reproduces. What planet are you living on?

Please explain to me why they need to?

Edit: Just in case you are serious and actually clueless to the answer - many gay men marry or procreate to hide their homosexuality.

Of course, a gay male can always just bite the bullet and have intercourse with a female in order to reproduce but I don't imagine they enjoy that very much either.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Please explain to me why they need to?

Edit: Just in case you are serious and actually clueless to the answer - many gay men marry or procreate to hide their homosexuality.

Of course, a gay male can always just bite the bullet and have intercourse with a female in order to reproduce but I don't imagine they enjoy that very much either.
edit on 1-5-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)
[/quote

Yikes that is probably soooo true, but man it's brutal.....was my baby made made with a man that bit the bullet? Damm it hurts......

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by libertytoall

Many gay people do reproduce.

Then again following the examples of Jesus, St Paul and the Pope might lead to zero reproduction.

Did they make grandchildren or not?

At least not according to any official form of Western Christianity.

What would Jesus do?

Well, He certainly never had grandchildren.

So if people are judged for being non-reproductive (which is in any case false when applied to the global gay community), then you are judging Jesus.

edit on 29-4-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

quit being blinded by your ignorance.

why ignore the post from the lovely lady who said she HAS A KID with a gay man.

ok now just ignore this because it answered your naive question.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, can't stop crying....just friggin brutal

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

you really need to stop crying, and find a happiness in yourself.
is your kid the greatest thing that ever happened to you?

welll b thankful everything in your life happened the way it did, because that is probably the only way you would have had your daughter.

id hug ya if i could.
please cheer up , change your perspective on life, and find those things that make your happy.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Yikes that is probably soooo true, but man it's brutal.....was my baby made made with a man that bit the bullet? Damm it hurts......

You never know - he may have been bisexual and loved it. Never-the-less, you have an amazing opportunity to be loved now by someone who deserves you

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Ok, so Rosie, our little dog came and kissed away my tears and told me, seriously, lol, she's a little "talker" get over it mommy we need you...I know God needs me to keep the faith......this song gave me strength....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Logically why would anyone choose to be gay. Would you choose to be gay if given the option? Why would anyone want all the burden, racism, hatred? So yes they are born with it.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
LMAO...I have officially lost my mind......hopeless romantic to the end.......

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I think your post is downright ridiculous. Gay people come from all walks of life, and no one social demographic produces more gay people than another. They are a minority compared to the overall persuasion of the populace, but that minority is roughly comparable throughout the entire world as equal in each country. Whether they are free to 'come out' is another matter.

We understand SO LITTLE about the totality of genetics, that your argument about heterosexual parents producing a homosexual child is instantly recognisable for what it is - 'a falsis principiis proficisci' (set forth from false principles).

Stirring up argument on ATS is never edifying. I should know!

edit on 2-5-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Psychology Today recently published a study that was fascinating on this question. The question researchers posed was what evolutionary advantage could there be to have homosexuality persisting as a trait, when that trait would lead to less breeding and therefore be self defeating to survival?

The answer was that the trait of 'loving men' goes on a continuum like all qualities. So there are women who LOVE men a lot, more than average women, and they tend to have more children than average women, and among those children is likely to be a son who will carry her genetic tendency to love men!

The win win for 'mother nature' is that since these women will bear more children, the fact that a few are males who love men, is worth it overall, as these women are more prolific breeders.

This is ONE theory among many but I think a really interesting one! The women I know with gay sons prove this out (I can think of two examples - they had 4 and 5 children and gay sons in each group).

Homosexuality has always existed, and exists across cultures, and even in animals. Nothing that consistent is without some biological underpinnings.

Nature is playful and experimental (or god if you want to call it that!), and what a bore if everyone came out cookie cutter.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

While I am no expert in human genetics, I can say that we are all born with certain instinctual habits and predispositions that are not governed by any social constructs or experiences – they are engrained with us from the very beginning. In an almost instinctual fashion, a straight male would naturally be attracted to a straight female, or any female for that matter. Whereas a homosexual male is attracted to other males. Some are "born that way", and are simply not attracted to members of the opposite sex, the same way that you are not attracted to members of your own sex. I do believe that there are some that take on that sort of behavior and it is "learned", but I have met some men and women that have never been attracted to a member of the opposite sex, even at a young age, and it has never been a question for them.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Resonant

I would be one of those that never had any attraction to women.

I was raised on a farm with my parents and siblings, we had no electricity and until I was fourteen I was homeschooled and literally never met another soul outside of my immediate family.
Yet when I was five I new something was different, my brothers would sneak my fathers playboy mags to the woods and go buck wild over them. I had no such desires toward those women in the magazines.

How would you explain my sexuality if not inherent?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hope everyone is well... I have really enjoyed participating in this thread...people are pretty special...♥

Ok, here's my story today, lol.....funny how things all seem to fit together if you look at it from a different perspective.

Years ago I entered a floral design contest, and had what I thought was a really great concept, well...when we all got there, there was a "twist" to the contest, we had to incorporate a bunch of "random" items into our design, rubberbands, toothpicks, etc.

My approach was to stick with my original design, and incorporate the required items on the "down low", I did not want to "deal" with these items...and in effect..."hide" them in my design.....

Well, the very cool gay guy that won the contest was able to not only incorporate these items, but actually changed his whole design to showcase the random objects...it was friggin brilliant...I wish I would have "gotten" it at the time.....

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Alright, let me start off by saying I do not by ANY means have hatred toward Homosexuals. Yes, you can see my avatar very clearly to the left - but make no mistake, I love Homosexuals with all of my heart, and so does God. I am a Christian, and though I do not approve of Homosexual relations (i.e. sexual relations between same genders, lusting, etc.), I classify it as any other sexual sin - i.e., fornication, sexual immorality, adultery and lusting. Yes, that means we are ALL guilty of sin, except for those who aren't attracted to ANYTHING, because apparently there are some people out there like that.

Well first off, many women are born with to much testosterone and many men are born with to much estrogen. This they can not help. It's your creators doing. They can use hormone therapy and try to reverse this process but the majority of time there body just produces to much. THEY CAN'T HELP IT...THEY WERE BORN THIS WAY!

The same is true with some people that produce to much cholesterol, It's a chemical imbalance. I don't understand why people who read the bible have to ask this question. It has been happening since the beginning of time, and you don't love homosexuals with all your heart or you would not even ask the question....you would just accept them for who they are. Sorry if I've offended you but I can see your agenda a mile away.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Personally, I believe that sexual orientation is the product of both genetics and the environment. The only choice in the matter is whether or not one acts on their attraction.

What I find very funny are the guys who get all uptight about being hit on by a homosexual male. Most of them aren't being hit on by women, so what makes them think that a gay male is going to find them any more attractive.

In all of the posts I read, I did find this statement to be the most bizarre.

Originally posted by garygnu

I know many females who won't do missionary because they refuse to get pregnant.

I sure hope these women do more than just refuse to have sex in the missionary position to prevent pregnancy. If they don't, they're going to be in for a very big surprise.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by erwalker

I know many females who won't do missionary because they refuse to get pregnant.

I sure hope these women do more than just refuse to have sex in the missionary position to prevent pregnancy. If they don't, they're going to be in for a very big surprise.

did someone really say that?

what was someone trying to prove in this thread with that statement?

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I actually agree with your analysis. Metaphysically it makes more sense to me than anything else and brings back the spirit into it, rather than the cold materialistic science(ie you are just born that way and have no control).
edit on 2-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join