It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Louisiana

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Blatant election fraud by the GOP? I know the solution, vote for a GOP candidate! That'll show 'em.

That makes as much sense as voting for a GOP candidate to end war and fight corporations.

LOL.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by charles1952

Will Ron Paul supporters vote for Romney if he turns out to be the only candidate in a position to beat Obama?

What would the point be, they're practically the same person. Most Ron Paul supporters aren't sellouts either so the answer is no.
edit on 4/30/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

Absolutely!

I'm an avid Ron Paul supporter and I see both Mitt Romney and Obama as nothing more than
two heads of the same coin.

The thing with most Ron Paul supporters (I believe) is that we don't buy into the two party system
paradigm. It is no longer left versus right, or conservative versus liberal.

The entire American ship is sinking and the two party system has us quibbling over details
and placing blame while the ship goes down. The Ron Paulites are shoving those people out of
the way and manning the bucket lines and fixing the hole.

I don't think I'm alone either, I'd like to hear other Paul supporters chime in. I will not vote for
Obama or Romney.

My Paul vote may be my last vote...if we can't push him thru to a win.

edit on 30-4-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

That's such nonsense... and spouted so frequently...

Here's a taste of Mitt Romney:

Take tax policy, for starters. Ronald Reagan, concerned about runaway deficits, raised taxes seven of the eight years he was in office. George H.W. Bush famously broke his “no new taxes” pledge in 1991 in order to help keep the nation’s fiscal house in relative order. George W. Bush broke new ground — Americans have never seen a chief executive launch wars and cut taxes at the same time — and left the nation with a $10 trillion debt. But Romney, instead of learning lessons from the Bush era, is eager to push the fiscal envelope past the breaking point. The former governor has presented a plan that not only makes all of the Bush tax cuts permanent, he also demands a 20% across-the-board cut on top of the already-lower rates. “Romney’s plan is George W. Bush’s plan on steroids," David Cay Johnston, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter, recently explained.

On education, the presumptive GOP nominee has encouraged students worried about rising tuition rates to simply “shop around” for a college they can afford — perhaps decent advice, because a Romney administration would cut Pell Grants and dramatically scale back the federal role in helping young Americans afford higher education. Such measures would have been considered ridiculous under Reagan and the Bushes. The list goes on. Modern Republican Presidents supported Planned Parenthood funding; Romney has vowed to “get rid of” the women’s health and abortion rights organization. Recent GOP heads of state left the U.S. Constitution alone; Romney has endorsed a constitutional amendment to prevent same-sex marriage. Bush signed McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform into law; Romney opposes practically all efforts to curtail the influence of money in politics.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ron Paul is the only candidate I will back in this election, period.

Mitt Romney is an establishment candidate who is purposefully being "propped up" as a straw man
for Obama to knock down. The recent race-baiting in the MSM creates a scenario where Romney
can be dismantled with ONE question:

Mr. Romney, as a Mormon, can you explain your church's view of the black race, and
whether or not you believe a black person can, or should be president?

And Romney implodes....Obama gets another four years.

----------

Even if I'm wrong, neither Obama or Romney will fix our economic problems. One the one hand
Obama has proven to be the MOST fiscally irresponsible president ever, increasing the American
debt-load more than any predecessor...by FAR. And from the example you post of Romney his
fiscal stance certainly doesn't bode well for the American economy either.

...Obama or Romney..... or tails, we all lose.

No, it is time to put partisanship aside. Forget right versus left...

It is US VERSUS THEM....the people versus corporations and banks...David versus Goliath

We are the underdogs....and I am rooting FOR US, fighting FOR US, and doing my best to
enlighten others to the predicament we are in. We have to stop the ridiculous infighting....

...the enemy is without, not within

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by captaintyinknots

What makes you guys shills is that you don't believe Ron Paul has a chance yet you still troll pro Ron Paul threads to argue. If you don't think he has a chance why waste your time? Ron Paul supporters don't troll the Obama threads (not that there are in since we have all seen who he really is in the last four years).

Please show me where I have "trolled", and where I have said I don't believe he can win. You all continue to throw out allegations, I hope at some point, one of you will back it up.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Ron Paul is the only candidate I will back in this election, period.

Mitt Romney is an establishment candidate who is purposefully being "propped up" as a straw man
for Obama to knock down. The recent race-baiting in the MSM creates a scenario where Romney
can be dismantled with ONE question:

Mr. Romney, as a Mormon, can you explain your church's view of the black race, and
whether or not you believe a black person can, or should be president?

And Romney implodes....Obama gets another four years.

----------

Even if I'm wrong, neither Obama or Romney will fix our economic problems. One the one hand
Obama has proven to be the MOST fiscally irresponsible president ever, increasing the American
debt-load more than any predecessor...by FAR. And from the example you post of Romney his
fiscal stance certainly doesn't bode well for the American economy either.

...Obama or Romney..... or tails, we all lose.

No, it is time to put partisanship aside. Forget right versus left...

It is US VERSUS THEM....the people versus corporations and banks...David versus Goliath

We are the underdogs....and I am rooting FOR US, fighting FOR US, and doing my best to
enlighten others to the predicament we are in. We have to stop the ridiculous infighting....

...the enemy is without, not within

Your "US" only constitutes 10% so what you are really saying is.....
Your insignificant minority wants to railroad your agenda over the majority.

No thanks, and the electorate has spoken also and said no thanks.

When Ron Paul finally crawls into his retirement after the convention, richer than ever from selling his Brand to the rookies of politics, we'll see who he endorses, and it won't be Obama.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

TextYour "US" only constitutes 10% so what you are really saying is..... Your insignificant minority wants to railroad your agenda over the majority.

Who says ten percent? I didn't...

The MSM lies. Believe of it what you want...I trust this poll more than any MSM poll...

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

TextYour "US" only constitutes 10% so what you are really saying is..... Your insignificant minority wants to railroad your agenda over the majority.

Who says ten percent? I didn't...

The MSM lies. Believe of it what you want...I trust this poll more than any MSM poll...

All that poll tells me is there will be a lot of disapointed people on ATS for their lack of denying ignorance.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Early reports indicate that Paul’s campaign won 5 of the 6 Congressional Districts in the Saturday, April 28 statewide vote, with a sixth district still up in the air. Analysis of the results estimates that upwards of 70% of the delegates to the Louisiana Republican Convention held in Shreveport, LA on June 2 will be composed entirely Ron Paul supporters. The delegates at the state convention then choose the majority of the delefates that get sent to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida later this summer.

The Louisiana results illustrate yet another example of a regular trend for this campaign cycle – Paul fairs well in the popular vote by usually taking second or third place and occasionally first, but then dominates the delegate process. As delegates are the ultimate decider of whom the party’s nominee will be, this technique was precisely the technique successfully used by President Obama’s 2008 campaign to defeat Hilary Clinton. As late as May 2008, then Senator Obama was still being referred to as unelectable in the media, until his delegate strategy started to show clear results.

policymic.com

More "bull" for you.

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
All that poll tells me is there will be a lot of disapointed people on ATS for their lack of denying ignorance.

You are one strange, funny little shill.
edit on 30-4-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Once Romney reaches the magic number of delegates for the locked up first round voting, it is over. They won't even have an actual vote because he will have them promised to him from the percentages he gets from the actual voter turnout. If he fails to reach that number, the GOP will just wipe the slate and truck in a new batch of delegates. It is their Party, they can make the rules up as they go along.

Paul junkies thinking they can win is more pathetic than Paul junkies spamming delegate assemblies pretending they are a majority.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Will Ron Paul supporters vote for Romney if he turns out to be the only candidate in a position to beat Obama?

What would the point be, they're practically the same person. Most Ron Paul supporters aren't sellouts either so the answer is no.

Absolutely!

I'm an avid Ron Paul supporter and I see both Mitt Romney and Obama as nothing more than
two heads of the same coin.

The thing with most Ron Paul supporters (I believe) is that we don't buy into the two party system
paradigm. It is no longer left versus right, or conservative versus liberal.

The entire American ship is sinking and the two party system has us quibbling over details
and placing blame while the ship goes down. The Ron Paulites are shoving those people out of
the way and manning the bucket lines and fixing the hole.

I don't think I'm alone either, I'd like to hear other Paul supporters chime in. I will not vote for
Obama or Romney.

My Paul vote may be my last vote...if we can't push him thru to a win.

Man, I can get behind that! The Old Boy school of a Two Party same same System is a sinking ship, they cannot even fire a good broadside at Ron Paul. Mitt still has sail, but his spars are falling, the other day he was in Ohio, my Home State, and heard Mitt Romney compared to our Governor, John Kasich...."two peas in a pod...."
These are Rich Lawyers, people. Are Lawyers/Attorneys/Advocates allowed to hold Public Office? NO! They are NOT ALLOWED!

The Original Thirteenth Article of Amendment To The Constitution For The United States

"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them." [Journal of the Senate]
Barefoot's World Website

Now let me see here. Who is a Good Candidate for President. Who is not a Lawyer, but instead an OBGYN Doctor, a true M.D. A man not afraid to show his Tax Returns, of personal income. A man who is all about American Freedom, something American citizens have been lacking of late. There is a lot of work to do to put American Business back on track, and attract new business in the process. Instead of subsidising corporations to relocate to China, or Mexico. We need a man who knows the 1788 Constitution For The United States, and the
Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union. Ron Paul will do that. Will Mitt Romney follow the Constitution? Or, will it be Business as Usual?

Americans are hungry, tired, and are in need of a strong leader. I see that leader in Doctor Ron Paul, and not in anyone else running.
I believe Dr. Paul as President, will clean house in Washington, DC, and the old boys know it too. You all see how the media tries their best to ignore Dr. Paul like he doesn't exist on the ballot. Too many hands in too many pockets. I say arrest them all.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

26 Presidents were lawyers.
Whatever kind of bolgna you're selling, it stinks.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Can't run a newsletter - can't run a country. Period. Why do you feel the need to make excuses for every vile thing that Ron Paul has published?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Can't run a newsletter - can't run a country. Period. Why do you feel the need to make excuses for every vile thing that Ron Paul has published?

Leave it to this guy to bring back the newsletters when he has nothing else to attack.
www.youtube.com...
That just might be you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Originally posted by Propulsion

RP will become the POTUS....

...And you would consider Obama or mittens instead? If so, "why"?

Absolutely: Obama is head and shoulders above Ron Paul in every way.

If you think Ron Paul has a chance in hell, you have another thing coming.
edit on 4/30/2012 by DrEugeneFixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by Propulsion

Originally posted by Propulsion

RP will become the POTUS....

...And you would consider Obama or mittens instead? If so, "why"?

Absolutely: Obama is head and shoulders above Ron Paul in every way.

Well you've certainly cleared it all up with that post, let's all vote for Obama now.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

lets not forget, Rp is an OBGYN that is NOT FOR WOMENS REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS. Does that not bring his character into question?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

lets not forget, Rp is an OBGYN that is NOT FOR WOMENS REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS. Does that not bring his character into question?

Because someone thinks abortion is wrong it somehow means their character is bad? That's what you're saying? I don't quite understand your logic, or rather your absence of logic.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Because someone thinks abortion is wrong it somehow means their character is bad? That's what you're saying? I don't quite understand your logic, or rather your absence of logic.

ahh yes, another ad hom from a cultist. Par for the course.

Any doctor who dedicates his life to women's health, yet doesnt think women should be able to make their own health-related decisions, has questionable character in my eyes. Not exactly rocket science.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

ahh yes, another ad hom from a cultist. Par for the course.

Any doctor who dedicates his life to women's health, yet doesnt think women should be able to make their own health-related decisions, has questionable character in my eyes. Not exactly rocket science.

Not when someone else's life is involved (the baby). So no it's not rocket science, or are you saying you can prove whether or not an unborn baby is alive? As far as I know nobody has done so because people have different ideas of what "alive" means. Also saying you don't have logic isn't Ad hominem, it's merely pointing out the obvious.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join