It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Louisiana

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

What makes you guys shills is that you don't believe Ron Paul has a chance yet you still troll pro Ron Paul threads to argue. If you don't think he has a chance why waste your time? Ron Paul supporters don't troll the Obama threads (not that there are in since we have all seen who he really is in the last four years).

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

That is so far from the truth.
I know because I was a dem that switched to GOP last fall so I could vote for Paul. I voted for Obama last time. I know of at least 5 friends that have done the same thing all independently of each other. A lot of us Paul supporters are former Democrats that have just recently switched, and the only ones that need to switch are the Dems in closed primary states. So all those Dems that support Paul in states that aren't closed primary will still be registered Democrat.

It has happened all over the US in that last year. Bluerepublican.org
There are tons of us, obviously you weren't aware, but your comment is totally baseless.

The problem with Paulites is that they live in a reality tunnel, where they associate with people with their same beliefs and so they think that when they know 5 or 6 people who switch to Paul from obama, that that is somehow representative of the wider society: it isn't.

I comment against the Ron Paul Candidacy because he is a despicable man with low morals and a messiah complex: a career politician who somehow runs as an outsider. A do-nothing who runs on his pure record, stuffing pork in bills while posing as ideologically pure. A man who panders to Klansmen and Militia Fools while he promotes policies that destabilize the economy and destroy the middle class. A man who is unfit for office.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

That is so far from the truth.
I know because I was a dem that switched to GOP last fall so I could vote for Paul. I voted for Obama last time. I know of at least 5 friends that have done the same thing all independently of each other. A lot of us Paul supporters are former Democrats that have just recently switched, and the only ones that need to switch are the Dems in closed primary states. So all those Dems that support Paul in states that aren't closed primary will still be registered Democrat.

It has happened all over the US in that last year. Bluerepublican.org
There are tons of us, obviously you weren't aware, but your comment is totally baseless.

The problem with Paulites is that they live in a reality tunnel, where they associate with people with their same beliefs and so they think that when they know 5 or 6 people who switch to Paul from obama, that that is somehow representative of the wider society: it isn't.

I comment against the Ron Paul Candidacy because he is a despicable man with low morals and a messiah complex: a career politician who somehow runs as an outsider. A do-nothing who runs on his pure record, stuffing pork in bills while posing as ideologically pure. A man who panders to Klansmen and Militia Fools while he promotes policies that destabilize the economy and destroy the middle class. A man who is unfit for office.
RP is going all the way to the republican convention as a republican. If he loses to Romney, he will than sign on as a third party candidate. RP and all his supporters are not going to roll over and vote for Romney if he wins. Not only will the Republican Party lose a boat load of their base to RP, but RP will also gain the independent voters and most of the Obama voters that will not vote for a republican, but will be willing to vote for someone else.

RP will become the POTUS....

...And you would consider Obama or mittens instead? If so, "why"?
edit on 30-4-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Career politician? yes..........whats wrong with that? he has tried to introduce more to save this country and battle the fed then ANYONE in his position.........

A do nothing but runs on his pure record? If he is a do nothing , then how does he have a record?

It seems his voting record actually holds up to his morals, which you say are low.........can you please show me some instances where is moral fiber were found wanting?

R on Pauls record-Washington Post

Paul goes to great lengths to practice what he preaches, refusing to register for his federal pension and returning unused money from his congressional office. He has also spurned federal funds as a physician, opting to work on Medicare and Medicaid patients for free.

^^ YEAH hes really morally corrupt

Promotes policies to destabilize the economy...........wow now thats a big one......it seems to me 90 percent of the policies he would like to enact would SAVE the economy.......do you know anything about how it works?

Paul has been a consistent champion of smaller government, calling for elimination of various departments and agencies such as the IRS, the Federal Reserve and the Department of Education. The first bill he introduced as a congressman back in 1976 would have eliminated the then-newly-formed Occupational Safety and Health Administration -- the measure failed to make it out of committee. The surging GOP candidate has argued for a gradual return to the gold standard. Speaking of President Richard Nixon’s decision to abandon the system, he said: “After that day, all money would be political money rather than money of real value. I was astounded.”

^^yeah that sounds dangerous the economy

Destroys the middle class............right.......the man who has introduced more ideas in his time in DC to help the middle class, and voted NO on more legislation that would keep the middle class down, is some sort of Destroyer of the middle class?

Are you even aware of his record or are you just drinking Kool-Aid thats handed out by people towing the party line?

Its clear you have NO idea what youre talking about............Id love to see how many people return unused funds in his position, and refusing their pensions...........Hes so MORALLY BANKRUPT!

edit on 30-4-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Just take a look at their post history, most of them are Obama supporters..(and you wonder why when they state Ron Paul has no chance, Obama will easily beat Ron Paul this "Obama squad" shows up to tell everyone this. But hey, if there is nothing to worry about just have a laugh....to me it shows their true agenda.)

You hit all the propaganda points, good job.

edit on 30-4-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I comment against the Ron Paul Candidacy because he is a despicable man with low morals and a messiah complex

LOL now I know for a fact your assignment has been switched to bash Ron Paul, how much more obvious can it get when you say the opposite of reality? The only despicable man here is you, attempting to discredit one of the only politicians of high moral standards that fights for your freedom.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by netwarrior

i too live in baton rouge la. all i saw at my caucus was ron paul people... did my part and voted slate 7!

wish i could have attended the victory party later that night to meet Dr. Paul. had to work...

i have tried hard to find any thing msm showing the delegates from la. santorum,,, come on... he is winning? not a chance...

it was amazing how many ron paul people i saw at the caucus and i was only there for 15 minutes...

RON PAUL 2012.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

i really am doing a happy dance and am very proud to know that the majority of republicans voted for RON PAUL.

i am definitely proud of the people in my state.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allenb83

Please tell me, what of his policies do you feel are delusional, and I will explain them to you.

Um nearly everything he proposes is crazy or wrong. Start with economics. His ideas about gold backed currency are silly and overwhelmingly rejected by economists and have a long history of prolonging crises and depressions. His default response to everything is "deregulate it". That's not always the right thing.

Just FYI on the newsletters and etc. Ron Paul is either 1: a racist who wrote newsletters under his name and then lied about it in 2011, or 2, A moron who published racist newsletters by mistake and lied about it in 2008. It's not merely the newsletters, but also the persistent involvement with racists such as the founders of Stormfront.org, and various former campaign associates who have Klan ties.

Our federal reserve system and the way that it is set up right now, was born to fail. The federal reserve is a private bank not bound by governmental rules or regulations. Our government receives money from the federal reserve in exchange for credit via bonds in the form of debt, which they sell to foreign entities in order to gain capital. The federal reserve was created in 1913 around christmas, when most of the government was at home under the christmas tree exchanging presents. Persons in the government that knew what they were talking about actually warned the people at the time of this flawed system. It started the nullification that gold and silver was the backer of our currency, and caused the first great depression in 1929. The more money our government prints into circulation, the less it is worth. Thats why our credit rating has been downgraded. The bottom line is, if our currency is only as good as the money it is printed on, then devaluation will continue and the system will fail. Ron Paul wants to provide the american people with a competing currency to the federal reserve note, one that is backed by gold and silver, and let the people decide which is best for them. Its called freedom of choice.

If you want to talk about prolonging recessions and depressions, look at what happened after 2001 and ask yourself if we have fully recovered yet, eleven years later. Ron Pauls ideas on a gold backed currency are overwhelmingly rejected by formal vice presidents and directors of strategic affairs at the FEDERAL RESERVE. Of course they are going to tell you a story, in order to keep their friends in business. And sure, if you believe your life will be more secure and prosperous if you let the government regulate it, then vote for Obama again and see where that gets you. Ron Paul believes that less government intervention into your life, your internet, your bedroom, etc. is a good thing. I think the contrary is getting more scary by the day.

If you name a newsletter after yourself like Ron Paul did with the newsletter, I guess its kind of difficult for people to differentiate between his name and the newsletter itself. Its like the difference between naming a donut shop John Carl's donuts or Donut Palace. You put your name on it. Its still a donut shop ran by other people. Thats what Ron Paul did. He was not the publisher, he was the owner of the company. He has since disavowed the racist remarks in the newsletters. He has said that he did not write them, and I believe the guy. His track record of treating people nicely, contributing money to many projects that support civil rights (rosa parks medal if my memory serves me), accepting invitations to african american and mexican american organizations during his campaigns, and speaking out against racism in america is more than enough to help me at least, to understand that his actions speak much louder than that. Its just not true.

And as far as [hate-site-nolink] goes, he had his picture taken with them. He has had his picture taken thousands of times with fans of his campaign, and many of them he doesn't even ask for their names, let alone what group they belong to. He is a very popular guy! So why should he be guilty of that? Unless you have some other proof to bring to the discussion... because I haven't heard of any. Wether [hate-site-nolink] supports him is their business, not Dr. Paul's. He doesn't get to pick and choose who supports him.

And campaign associates with Klan ties... haven't ever heard of any. Maybe you could enlighten me and others about this.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Just FYI on the newsletters and etc. Ron Paul is either 1: a racist who wrote newsletters under his name and then lied about it in 2011, or 2, A moron who published racist newsletters by mistake and lied about it in 2008. It's not merely the newsletters, but also the persistent involvement with racists such as the founders of Stormfront.org, and various former campaign associates who have Klan ties.

edit on 4/30/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Even though I clarified that these are 5 people that came to the same ideas as I did independently of me (meaning we did not have any influence on each other, I was surprised to find so many people I knew had done the same thing as me). It doesn't matter, because I was proud partisan democrat and I came to the decision to support Paul on my own. If I did, then of course there are others out there that came to the same conclusion as me. It is not a spontaneous conclusion there are things that factor in. They led me in one direction and the same things will lead others in the same direction. You are being a little delusional here.

I also linked you to an entire organization of these disenfranchised dems though I don't figure you gave it a look. This isn't a localized phenomenon it's a mass exodus.

Also.."he is a despicable man" lol. You have no reason to believe such a thing. He has great morals, and if ANY candidate has a god/messiah complex it is Obama. He even made superman references in regards to himself. People treated him like a messiah in '08. You need to snap out of it. You have been brainwashed by the MSM. Do a little independent research on Paul. Watch some videos of him rather than what the MSM tells you about him.I guarantee any Paul supporter knows more about their candidate than you know about yours. We know he is a decent man, with morals, because he is probably one of the most independently researched candidates in history.
edit on 30-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

What's more is your misunderstanding of his policy and your thinking that he is at all racist.
Of course he is not racist, that is just an easy angle to work against someone that is running against the first black candidate.. it was always expected. The newsletter was a small operation he trusted and was close to the people that published it. He wasn't aware what was published in it at all times and he knows he put those articles in. I doubt a former congressman (former at the time I believe) and presidential candidate controlled many aspects of the paper, if any at all. He just wrote for it occasionally and made money from it. He is not going to publish racist material knowing he will likely run for office and maybe president again.. He is not a racist, he used to give free healthcare to poor black families. He wants to end the war on drugs which locks up more poor minorities than anything else. It is practically a war in inner city blacks and he has spoken to this and received a lot of support from those communities because of it. It is ridiculous to make baseless accusations like that. Obama has associated with known black racists. Almost all candidates have because organizations like that almost always have a political side and you can't help who they support.

Also the gold/silver backed currency is what we NEED. It is sound. When our money stopped being backed by gold and silver was when all the problems began (that and the start of the FED). You do know that our money used to be backed by silver and gold right? Everything was fine then, why do you think it is some absurd notion now? Hell our coinage was silver until 1964, and in the 30's our bills were all backed by silver and gold. It is an absolutely great idea. Why do you think they pay a lot of workers in china in silver? Why do you think so many middle eastern countries want to trade in gold rather than dollars?

You need to research my friend.
edit on 30-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

More paranoia from RP supporters.

Yes, the whole wide world must be out to get you and ONLY you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

So in your mind, Ron Paul deserves 57% of the delegates when he only got 20ish% in the real primary? That is in anyones mind cheating when the delegate counts do not reflect the will of the people. But it is fine and dandy when the cheating is in Ron Paul's favor.

Laughable.

How about some reality?

1. There has been blatant election fraud in many states, so, in all likelihood, we have NOT been given accurate numbers relating to how people really voted.

2. We have had the same election system since this country began. Too friggin' bad if Ron Paul's supporters have acquired an understanding of the delegate process and are using it successfully for Dr. Paul's campaign. Supporters of every other candidate have this same opportunity and are free to do so if the desire. Apparently, the other candidates don't HAVE supporters who care enough to engage themselves in this process. That says something about the quality of the other candidates.....certainly doesn't speak negatively of Paul or his campaign.

BOO HOO, cry me a friggin' river about how Paul's supporters are doing what any INFORMED American has an opportunity to do. What's wrong? Does it piss you off that the American public isn't sitting back twiddling its thumbs anymore?

This is the tip of the iceberg, pal. If you don't like what you're seeing now, then you certainly are gonna hate what's on the horizon.

Sucks to be you.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

agreed. It is nice to know you guys are out there. amen. It must really suck to have gone against RP all this time to finally see that the all powerful are not so powerful. They haven't removed our will just yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by MidnightTide

More paranoia from RP supporters.

Yes, the whole wide world must be out to get you and ONLY you.

How strange to think that an establishment as large as the one behind the United States would want to do something to stop the one person who wants to do something to significantly change/abolish it...so paranoid! Any logical person would agree that the establishment behind the media and our government would be fully supportive of undoing itself.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
May I just sneak in for a minute, then you can go back to the discussion? I really haven't decided about liking Paul, I figure others will make that decision for me, my primary is past. Could you give me the answers to these questions?

Who has recieved the most Republican primary votes?
Forgetting delegates and all the other technicalities, shouldn't that person be the nominee?
The Democrat candidate is decided upon. The only real action is in the Republican race. Doesn't it make sense that Democrat supporters would do whatever they could do foul up the Republicans?
Perhaps the Democrats would like the divisiveness and expense of a primary campaign to continue. Perhaps they'd like to split the Republican vote with a third-party.
Will Ron Paul supporters vote for Romney if he turns out to be the only candidate in a position to beat Obama?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

As much as I disagree with some of RP's stances and past associates, I also disagree with the user who cited "despicable morals" as a reason not to vote for RP.

What a #ty reason.

If you think that there are politicians of high moral standard in the United States, get a group of them together and drop a $100 bill. They'll throw each other off, etc just to get that benjamin.

edit on 30-4-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Will Ron Paul supporters vote for Romney if he turns out to be the only candidate in a position to beat Obama?

What would the point be, they're practically the same person. Most Ron Paul supporters aren't sellouts either so the answer is no.
edit on 4/30/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join