It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins Louisiana

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

I can only speak for myself, as I understand what individual freedom is all about, but I tend to be more realistic than thinking Ron Paul is a victor. He is however a patriot that lights a fire in the hearts and minds of many of his followers who believe in all of the good things that have made this country great, and how people are trying to destroy that idea, every day. I think to hand the victory over to Romney when he hasn't won the delegates needed is a bit premature. That isn't an alternate dimension, its reality. I think the Ron Paul campaign was really smart to go after the delegates because that is what REALLY wins the republican nomination. I am not sure if Romney will figure this out before it is too late. I don't really need to hear about anyones predictions because I don't believe in fortune telling. Although I do agree there are sheep in this world, RP supporters are not a part of the flock, we are the exception. We wont be angry, we wont be confused, but we will carry on and we will remember and we will be wiser for it. And let it not be said that we did nothing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
lol the shills are out in force, must be getting worried

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by swoopaloop

There are many reasons to disregard the value of a Ron Paul presidency. His favored policies are delusional, and his record as a Representative from Texas is totally negligible. He has a history of pandering to poorly educated racists and the most paranoid and deluded of the republican base. His association with numerous fringe groups, such as the Mises Institute makes me think he's likely to put some of their nutty members in any possible cabinet. The fake eyebrows are creepy. Finally, his supporters have formed a strange cult of personality about him, more extreme than anything I have witnessed in this country.

That about covers it.

Please tell me, what of his policies do you feel are delusional, and I will explain them to you. I think you believe they are delusional because you don't understand them. Being a 12 term congressman is not negligible. It is actually pretty impressive to be elected 12 times in a row. It means people really trust you to do the right thing, for a very long time (24 years). He doesn't pander to anyone, especially not lobbyists, and if your referring to the newsletters, he didn't write them, so get over it. Appearances ARE negligible. I would not say that Ron Paul supporters are a cult, I would say they are a group of people that have really found something worth believing in.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Results for Louisiana Republican Primary (U.S. Presidential Primary)
Mar 24, 2012 (100% of precincts reporting)

Rick Santorum

49%

Mitt Romney

26.7%

Newt Gingrich

15.9%

Ron Paul

6.1%

Other

2.3%

That is from the AP

Ron Paul didn't win anything

This thread belongs in the hoax bin

You realize delegates are the only thing that matters? Ask your, "yes we can change absolutely nothing" president, he lost the popular vote to Hillary, or were you asleep?

I am under no illusions. I knew Dr Paul winning would be next to impossible. The deck is stacked against him or any non establishment supported, puppet candidate, many of you seem fine with that and I guess we'll all have to suffer because your uninformed poor decisions, sounds fair, yes?

He most likely won't win, I support his ideas and care very little about being on the winning team, this isn't a sporting event to me, it's much more important to me. Paul's ideas are catching on and I couldn't be happier. I am disappointed we couldn't do better, but beleive Paul in the end will go down in history as a man who reshaped history. Feel free to disagree, but this movement is in full force and isn't stopping any time soon, when the USD is completely worthless in 10 years and the debt crisis is no longer defendable, you'll all remember Dr Paul. Or when Obama is re-elected or mitt gets elected (zero chance BTW) and the US continues to have their freedoms and liberties destroyed under the guise of keeping us safe, Dr Paul will be seen as the patriot he is, unfortunately, most people are ignorant, but revolutions are always lead by the younger generations, this movement isn't going away, you can wish it away all you want.

His rallies alone, whether they translate to votes or not (suspect and debatable) prove that Paul has quite the following, it's millions of people, or at least hundreds of 1000's. His rallies have only been out done by the hysteria of Obama in 2008. The president can't out draw him now, neither can any of his rival GOP candidates. His support is real and you can't wish it away.
edit on 29-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1nox
so, if not supporting rp makes one a shill, what name shall we use for the people who start endless amounts of pro-rp threads?

More shills in that crowd than anywhere else on ats.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to dailycaller.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">sourcewww.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread835227/pg5#pid 14012526" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">post by TinfoilTP

Ok first off were still waiting on the State convention for the real delegate count for RP but going into the state convention he has 111 out of 150! Woo!

dailycaller.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
He also started a war in Libya.

Obama intervened decisively in an ongoing civil war against a brutal dictator, and correctly judged that a minmal outside assistance could tip the scales in favor of the rebels. Ron paul, on the other hand, would have done nothing.

He started a war in Yemen.

That's kind of an exaggeration, don't you think? Ron Pauls response? Do Nothing.

He is pushing towards a war with Iran.

Horse-Puckey. Just because he isn't bending over for the Ayatollahs like Ron Paul would like, that doesn't make him a saber-rattler. Ron Paul's response to Iranian nuclear ambitions? Do Nothing.

He openly talked about bombing Pakistan.

oooohh.. Well, open talk about bombing the country whose military was almost certainly harboring Osama Bin Laden. What insanity on the part of Obama. Of course Ron Paul would have done nothing.

Didn't close Guantanamo.

He did all he could on that promise without support from the house of Representatives, which would not allow it. Ron Paul wouldn't have been able to do so either.

Huge bank bailouts against the will of the people.

The bailout bill was passed by congress in 2008, before obama was even elected. I'm sure Ron Paul would have done nothing.

He didn't end the Iraq war, it ended on the previously set date
He was commander in chief of the military and had the power to extend the war if he wished, probably with support from the House and Senate. Ron Paul would have done what, exactly? Beat a hasty retreat no-matter the consequences?

The healthcare plan is a terrible one.

It is better than the status quo. The private insurance system prices were skyrocketing out of control, and would have failed catastrophically as people could no longer afford to pay for Health Insurance. Ron Paul would have just let the system explode and trust the free market to fix it.

This year he has made himself look like a fool with the Trayvon Martin thing (furthering the racial divide, as he did with the beer summit years before).

Get real.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

so, if not supporting rp makes one a shill, what name shall we use for the people who start endless amounts of pro-rp threads?

Who do you support and why? Instead of constantly attacking the one guy who stands for "something" defend your candidate of choice, I bet you can't. There is no defense for the other 4 candidates.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Ha I'm shivering in my boots.

Sorry that's not much of a threat: you never had any credibility to lose.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

Who do you support and why? Instead of constantly attacking the one guy who stands for "something" defend your candidate of choice, I bet you can't. There is no defense for the other 4 candidates.

You guys seriously must have a playbook. All the responses are the same.

As I've already stated (contrary to some liars' accusations), I don't support any candidate. I am boycotting the election, and the idea that putting anyone into a broken system will fix that system. We need systemic change, and the only way for that to happens is a) violent revolution, whcih I do not support
Or b) a boycott of elections by the american people.

I have issues with rp, but the truth is, I don't care if it were jesus christ running. He couldn't fix a athing.

The rp crowd is controlled opposition. Nothing more.

Eta: you are at least the third person to accuse me of "attacking" rp. Please show me where I have done so.

edit on 29-4-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Originally posted by MrSpad
See Ron Paul is the messiah, the people vote against him and he still wins. If any other canidate had done this it would be proof your vote does not count, the fix is in, TPTB had their candidate win, GOP agents had payed off people etc. But not Paul, he is just doing the will of the people even if they do not want him. The ATS double standard alive and well.

Do you guys hear something?

It sounds like someone is saying, "Blah, blah, blah, blah," but maybe it's just me.

Sounds to me like he is exactly right. Ron Paul is trying to win by spamming the county and lower level caucuses with loads of hyped up idiots, just like he spammed every straw poll before the elections began, along with every online poll concievable. I guess cults of personality are becoming a larger factor in the electoral process. Let's face it: if someone who got 6% of the popular vote in a duly constituted election can dominate the state's delegation to the national party, the election system is broken. Why? because the purpose of the primaries is to select a viable candidate for the general election. Scoring 5% should put you well out of the running.

I think he spammed the football stadiums and auditoriums full of people too. He might have even put a block on Romeny and forced his supporters to not show up, magic, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So, with that, you proved I was spot on. You'd much rather stick your head in the ground and hope it all goes away. Good luck with that XD

Unfair edit...maybe boycotting would work, but I'm almost positive that they'd just do their damndest through the media to "prove" that the elections were fair, and nothing would change. If Paul getting support hurts you so, there are more profitable ways to get your opinion out there, just saying.
edit on 29-4-2012 by finitedualities because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Allenb83

We wont be angry, we wont be confused, but we will carry on and we will remember and we will be wiser for it.

I'll hold you to that, and I hope you are correct.

link   

As I've already stated (contrary to some liars' accusations), I don't support any candidate. I am boycotting the election, and the idea that putting anyone into a broken system will fix that system. We need systemic change, and the only way for that to happens is a) violent revolution, whcih I do not support

Seeing as has you must have missed my previous post I will ask you a question here. What do you think will happen if the system is not fixed?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities

So, with that, you proved I was spot on. You'd much rather stick your head in the ground and hope it all goes away. Good luck with that XD

If you say so kiddo.

Go on and continue perpetuating what you claim to be against. Its working so well.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

So, you stand for nothing, typical. You're full of hot air like all the other Paul basher, news alert, he is the only one looking to change the current system. The rest of them are knee deep in the system and in full support of the status quo. Whether you support his ideas or not, there is no debating he is genuine and has the peoples interest at heart, forget the fact that he has plenty of good ideas.

He is the only one who is trying to protect you. You think Mitt Romney or Barrack Obama are interested in changing the system? They both take money from the lobbyist ground who keep the current system in tact.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you care to change the system, there is only 1 candidate that represents change at all, obviously he won't be able to do it alone, but if Paul happens to win, which is admittedly a long long long shot, he will have a mandate from the people, fellow republicans will have to support some of his ideas.

What scares you about Paul or what do you believe he is being insincere about? I'm all about a discussion on differing opinions of ideology, but if all you got is msm talking points, I prefer not to bother.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm with you on the other option, guy. We just disagree on plan b. At least you've thought this through, unlike the "Bugs Bunny" dude.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

Seeing as has you must have missed my previous post I will ask you a question here. What do you think will happen if the system is not fixed?

I must have missed it. I apologize.

I'm not sure what you mean by your question. I do not believe the current system CAN be fixed. Which is why I advocate the american people using their voice outside of it.

As it is, no matter who is elected, the path will continue, and america will dwindle.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities

Unfair edit...maybe boycotting would work, but I'm almost positive that they'd just do their damndest through the media to "prove" that the elections were fair, and nothing would change. If Paul getting support hurts you so, there are more profitable ways to get your opinion out there, just saying.
edit on 29-4-2012 by finitedualities because: (no reason given)

1)it would be impossible to overlook, if americans boycotted en mass.

2)I get my voice out there in many ways. This site is entertainment for me. Why do you assume its the only place I speak?

3)why would you think I care about profits?

4)rp getting support doesn't hurt me. Its makes me sad. The population is being played, once again, and led to believe that there is a candidate out there that can change things, and its simply a fairy tale.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allenb83

Please tell me, what of his policies do you feel are delusional, and I will explain them to you.

Um nearly everything he proposes is crazy or wrong. Start with economics. His ideas about gold backed currency are silly and overwhelmingly rejected by economists and have a long history of prolonging crises and depressions. His default response to everything is "deregulate it". That's not always the right thing.

Just FYI on the newsletters and etc. Ron Paul is either 1: a racist who wrote newsletters under his name and then lied about it in 2011, or 2, A moron who published racist newsletters by mistake and lied about it in 2008. It's not merely the newsletters, but also the persistent involvement with racists such as the founders of Stormfront.org, and various former campaign associates who have Klan ties.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join