It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian naval admiral: ‘If needed, we can move to within three miles of New York’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by real1tys8
reply to post by nake13

dude you uk people just went into a double dip recession. the only way you can make war is by carpooling and loans from america for ammo. they gonna skrew you too in the long run wait and see.

They already screwed us over and have been doing so since ww2,but I realise that this was down to succesive American administrations NOT the American people as a whole.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nake13

Originally posted by paradox

reply to post by paradox

to all americans, you are pissing off small countries 1 by 1 and alienating friends.

First of all, what do the AMERICAN PEOPLE have the do with it?
Where are YOU from?

Every country that is "pissed off" is third world with a #ty military, no experience in warfare, and no means to engage in combat with the best trained and most powerful military ever seen on this planet.

Also, please enlighten me to which "friends we are alienating."

I would just ignore a misinformed post like that Paradox,a lot of us in the UK at least,know that the American people can be distinguished from the politicians that are ruining your country,just as our politicians are doing to ours.

It's good to see some intelligence on here once in a while.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

the people vote them in. the people keep voting for them. the people do not do anything about it. thus the people are guilty through their lack of action. thus every single american is guilty of what their goverment is doing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

i wonder if there is statistics for lets say the last 3 or 499 years of which group of people, race country killed the most people through war. i bet america will be right up there with the biggest fallen empires. it would be even more interesting if it could be linked with the average iq of said group.

Once again, where are you from?

Are you too embarrassed to say?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

think he probably lives under a bridge with the rest of his kind,but hey i bet they could sail a boat near our waters but it going home or doing any thing of consequence or dammaging to our nation eh not to worried about it.and hey if the terrorists wanna bomb us again im sure we will invade a few more countries like we did last time so it seems kinda counter productive blow up two towers and wound the pentagon only to have the nations of Afghanistan and iraq got invaded and their governments overthrown and puppets put in place(after we hung their leader Saddam) so how exactly is more terror attacks gonna accomplish anything for them but getting bombed by superior air power and loosing control of their nations?
edit on 29-4-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

be a bit more specific. where was i born, or where did i grew up or lived or living at this stage.
agg hell. born in germany spend preteens in ireland and sweden. teens in japan and panama and later in south africa. then became a mercenary and traveled the world mostly africa and a few months in and around old ussr countries, now living in bankok.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

and another thing...although appearing in Herodutus' Histories, the exact phrase accusing the Persians of unjustly enslaving the Egyptians was supposed to have come from the mouth of the King of Ethiopia.

But it's still from an account that is very nearly 2500 years old and has little reflection on modern day Iranians and even those who rule there.

And I assure you I am no supporter of the current regime at all, quite the opposite.

So, who should I believe?

YOU

or

the King of Ethiopia.

Whoever you choose to, but I really don't know what exactly you are choosing.

Is it that you choose to believe a 2500 year old, at least second hand account, of what a King Of Ethiopia allegedly said about Persians being unjust slavers or me questioning it's validity and relevance when applied to modern day Iranians?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

and another thing...although appearing in Herodutus' Histories, the exact phrase accusing the Persians of unjustly enslaving the Egyptians was supposed to have come from the mouth of the King of Ethiopia.

But it's still from an account that is very nearly 2500 years old and has little reflection on modern day Iranians and even those who rule there.

And I assure you I am no supporter of the current regime at all, quite the opposite.

So, who should I believe?

YOU

or

the King of Ethiopia.

Whoever you choose to, but I really don't know what exactly you are choosing.

Is it that you choose to believe a 2500 year old, at least second hand account, of what a King Of Ethiopia allegedly said about Persians being unjust slavers or me questioning it's validity and relevance when applied to modern day Iranians?

you only think its a 2500 hundred years old account because that's what you were told. YOU don't know how old it is.

and it is telling you about the nature of the current regime. the only reality is here and now.

i trust my own judgement and no other.
edit on 29-4-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

was america not a slave nation too and a lot more resent? or is it again american logic that what you do to oter nations people do not count as crimes it only become a crime and relevant if you do it to your own people.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

be a bit more specific. where was i born, or where did i grew up or lived or living at this stage.
agg hell. born in germany spend preteens in ireland and sweden. teens in japan and panama and later in south africa. then became a mercenary and traveled the world mostly africa and a few months in and around old ussr countries, now living in bankok.

LOL, this is golden, we got a regular badass over here.

Stuff it, nobody here believes a word you have to say. For someone with your background you carry on like a mongoloid.

Sorry if that doesn't fit with the T&C, but this guy is laughable at best.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ATS itself is laughable. All these teenagers posting on here like they know how the world works based off of playing video games.

edit on 29-4-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Herodotus travelled extensively around the classic world and published his Histories in around 440BC.

His account begins with events from Ancient Greek mythology which inspired the cause of The Trojan Wars.
It then details the rise of The Persian Empire and it's conflicts with Ancient Greece.

As far as I'm aware the Histories have been pretty much common knowledge amonst the learned of the respective days from it's publishing date onwards.

Now if you are suggesting that there is something amiss in all that then I would be genuinely interested in hearing your theory in another thread.
I wouldn't dream of dismissing your theory without giving it due consideration but it would certainly be very controversial to say the least.

As for slavery, unfortunately it's been pretty much common place throughout human history since time immorial, most, if not all, succesful empires practiced slavery in one form or another, the Persian Empire was by no means unique or particularly cruel.

I understand that The Mullahs are using Islam as a tool to enslave and control modern Iran, but it's not really the same and can hardly be compared with The Persian Empire of aniquity.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thread has GONE WAY OFF TOPIC. As usual..................

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yip, apologies to everyone.

And something of a bitch fest....I'm out of here.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Herodotus travelled extensively around the classic world and published his Histories in around 440BC.

His account begins with events from Ancient Greek mythology which inspired the cause of The Trojan Wars.
It then details the rise of The Persian Empire and it's conflicts with Ancient Greece.

As far as I'm aware the Histories have been pretty much common knowledge amonst the learned of the respective days from it's publishing date onwards.

Now if you are suggesting that there is something amiss in all that then I would be genuinely interested in hearing your theory in another thread.
I wouldn't dream of dismissing your theory without giving it due consideration but it would certainly be very controversial to say the least.

As for slavery, unfortunately it's been pretty much common place throughout human history since time immorial, most, if not all, succesful empires practiced slavery in one form or another, the Persian Empire was by no means unique or particularly cruel.

I understand that The Mullahs are using Islam as a tool to enslave and control modern Iran, but it's not really the same and can hardly be compared with The Persian Empire of aniquity.

I know the officially recorded background of Herodotus' works.

What I am saying is that there is no time but NOW, no place but HERE.

You have embraced beliefs that serve no other purpose but to enhance darkness and backwardness. In my opinion.

I can't confirm that the Histories of Herodotus existed before the day I first stumbled across them in 1997; thus, i have no reason to believe that the stories they are telling apply to any time other than the one that I am currently in.

and now I see a good place to segue into how this applies. You seek to enforce a sequence of events or reality that no one could confirm. but you are certain of it.

you speak of things like slavery but don't explain how it is achieved.

the Iranians are experts at this. its what they do.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Is the Iranian Navy still using pontoon boats for thier Navy? I bet they could get a pontoon boat within 3 miles of the coast...Iran doesnt scare me one bit, i find these reports comedic more than anything...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by paradox

Bangkok?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
as a veteran of the US Navy (USS Jouett CG-29 - RIP), i can guarantee you that iran could not deploy war ships 3 miles off the coast of NY.

15 miles out is international waters, so any closer and they would be trespassing on our property so to speak.
our navy is THE most capable on the planet and there are battle groups everywhere connecting the dots to other battle groups.

there is no way iran could park their ships here unless they were invited. period.
edit on 4/28/2012 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

Totally agree (20 year veteran, US Navy, AC1 (AW) Ret.). There's no way the navy would let them get that close. I'll bet that statement solicited more than few laughs within the navy and Joint Chief's Staff member's...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It looks like a lot of people havent served in the armed forces!
...if you did, you would know never to underestimate the enemy...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikepopy
It looks like a lot of people havent served in the armed forces!
...if you did, you would know never to underestimate the enemy...

Absolutely right,underestimate your opponent at your own peril,however,in this instance the Iranian Admiral in question does appear to favour the rhetoric over the practicalities of achieving his aim of placing a vessel 3 miles offshore of the US coast.If such a move was practical a truly dangerous enemy would just do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join