It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby security breach closes NJ airport terminal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Where's the TSA forum?

Anyway, here's the story:

(04-27) 18:29 PDT Newark, N.J. (AP) --

A terminal at Newark Liberty International Airport was shut down for over an hour Friday after officials discovered that a baby hadn't been properly screened, Transportation Security Administration officials said...

TSA spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said a mother and baby went through a metal detector when the machine sounded an alarm. The mother handed the child to the father, who had already been screened. The mother was cleared, but the baby hadn't been properly screened. The parents and baby left the checkpoint and headed to their gate, Farbstein said...

The terminal and checkpoint were closed from 1:30 p.m. to 2:50 p.m.

Passenger Jennifer Pallanich said she was on a Houston-bound flight scheduled to depart at about 2 p.m. and boarding had been completed, but because of the breach, the passengers had to evacuate and go through security screening again.

Source

Damn, they were finally almost just that close to nailing their first terrorist....

edit on 4/28/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
IF and i say it's a big IF the security had a serious purpose it would be given to someone who knew what they were doing like say, Green Berets.

Not these misfit rejects from fast food providers.

They stuffed up! As usual.

They overreacted! As usual.

What were they expecting, an Uzi in the diaper

Good grief Charlie Brown

P

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
IF and i say it's a big IF the security had a serious purpose it would be given to someone who knew what they were doing like say, Green Berets.

Not these misfit rejects from fast food providers.

They stuffed up! As usual.

They overreacted! As usual.

What were they expecting, an Uzi in the diaper

Good grief Charlie Brown

P

You know, I hadn't thought of it that way. Green Berets. Good point.

And you're right: even the MSM quietly admit that it's not really security, it's security theater....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Okay, I'm starting to wonder whats up. This is the second time in a week they've gone bonkers over a small child being missed by some seemingly innocent action of missing the scan or contact with someone else.

Do they have a threat that fits close to this or something? They're sure being brain dead, even for these people. Previous public relations disasters have seen them chill out on a specific thing for a bit...but not this time. This time they seem to be more aggressive than ever. Hmmmmm

edit on 28-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh, that's right! The kid who passed her artfully concealed gun to Grandma disguised as a loving hug. Damn terrorists--put their poor innocent kids and granmas up to all sorts of nasty undertakings. Oughta be a law!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Thing is TSA is allowing drug smugglers through without a problem.

"The U.S. Attorney's office has filed indictments against 7 people, including two Transportation Security Administration Screeners and two former TSA employees, after federal agents set up several smuggling sting operations. The alleged smuggling scheme was revealed after a suspected drug courier went to Terminal 5, where his flight was departing, instead of going through the Terminal 6 checkpoint his written instructions directed him to. Court documents indicate the plan was to return to Terminal 5 through a secure tunnel after being allowed through security by the accused Screener. The courier was caught with 10 pounds of coc aine at the other checkpoint by a different TSA agent. If convicted, the four TSA employees face a minimum of 10 years in Federal prison."

News Article: www.cbsnews.com...

Was also discussed on Slashdot today: yro.slashdot.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

It is pretty bad, though, when you've got a "security" force so stupid, so inept, and so corrupt that you have to set up federal stings to try to keep them in line--and unsuccessfully, at that. It seems like no matter how many of them get caught doing those things, there's another one waiting to get caught next week.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Well this is just going to give the bad guys the idea to carry fake babies around with them.

Why not just give 'em a road map to thwart the lax security... They really need to do cavity searches on everyone from now on to fix this....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

"The mother handed the child to the father, who had already been screened"

Common theme in these TSA articles.Parent does not follow rules of the airport screening.Said parent then makes a big issue because they do not know how to follow rules.Non issue in my eyes.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

It should be a non-issue. It IS a non-issue right up to the point people are being told to evacuate the terminal out the checkpoints and the plane passengers get to deplane right before pulling away from the gate. Oh I'd be beyond pissed....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's what I'm thinking. Strip everybody naked, turn their clothes upside down and shake them, cavity-search them right where they stand, beat 'em silly, and spray 'em down with firehoses. I don't know where the hell the public gets the idea that they can just waltz through an airport and get on a plane as if it were just as normal as you please.

Everybody knows the FBI has already caught a number of terrorists by giving them encouragement, money, and explosives. How can the public expect to go about their business unmolested when there's so much incontrovertible proof of terrorists in our midst?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

It's simple.Going to the airport.You know what's going to happen.Don't make a big deal and you'll be on that plane in no time if you've got nothing to hide..To many people want to make it an issue.Stop holding the rest of us up and do what you're told.It will go that much smoother.I don't know maybe it's just me.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

It's simple.Going to the airport.You know what's going to happen.Don't make a big deal and you'll be on that plane in no time if you've got nothing to hide..To many people want to make it an issue.Stop holding the rest of us up and do what you're told.It will go that much smoother.I don't know maybe it's just me.

No. It's not just you. It's also THEM. They want you to do what you're told, do not ask questions, never--oh, God, NEVER--question authority. If everybody would just kneel and take their orders and STFU, and quit goddamn complaining, this would be a much better--and certainly a quieter and more polite--country.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

so do you always do what you are told regardless of why you were told to do it?

go stick your head in the oven.... its a matter of national security

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink

I do what I'm told when I KNOW I'd be holding up the public.Whether it's arguing with a cashier at the supermarket about a price or you know,holding up EVERYONE who's waiting to catch a flight.

I can tell it's the idiots like you that hold me up in public.I can tell from your post that you're the type that's just got to argue everything.Do me and the rest of America a favor...move somewhere else.Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I do what I'm told when I KNOW I'd be holding up the public.Whether it's arguing with a cashier at the supermarket about a price or you know,holding up EVERYONE who's waiting to catch a flight.

I can tell it's the idiots like you that hold me up in public.I can tell from your post that you're the type that's just got to argue everything.Do me and the rest of America a favor...move somewhere else.Thanks.

Uh-oh. We've breached the "i" word. Let's not start name-calling, boys. You might cause an inconvenience to the public....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Pretty sure telling me to stick my head in an oven is just as bad,so I responded in kind

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

Pretty sure telling me to stick my head in an oven is just as bad,so I responded in kind

OK. OK. You've got a point there. Let's just all be cool here. It's not for me to call for apologies, but let's just all cool our jets a little.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

i have no need to argue i refuse to fly
if i dont agree i dont participate
jumping to wild conclusions that will hopefully support your case shows a lot of class

what youre saying is no matter what it is you are told to do you will do it if its convenient... and its your right to do so but you cant expect everyone else to submit to wrongdoings simply to avoid confrontations for the sake of convenience

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

i have no need to argue i refuse to fly
if i dont agree i dont participate
jumping to wild conclusions that will hopefully support your case shows a lot of class

what youre saying is no matter what it is you are told to do you will do it if its convenient... and its your right to do so but you cant expect everyone else to submit to wrongdoings simply to avoid confrontations for the sake of convenience

It's not so much that I expect everyone to do so.I just think sometimes people do it...just for the sake of doing it.They've got to go against the "man" just to prove a point that they can't even make.In other words they do it just to make a scene.And more often then not they choose the wrong times.That's all I was getting at.
edit on 28-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join