It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

The views expressed in your post come from an extremest POV. This special brand of rhetoric is dangerous to a civil society.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by voidla

But here's the thing - look at the context - the event was about "TOLERANCE" and anti-bullying, it was not about Homosexual rights. If it was the latter, he'd be more in his rights to rant away (even if I don't agree with that message). Its the fact that he is trying to speak on tolerance while simultaneously being intolerant that is the most galling.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

very deep, visceral level, why some people hate Christians. I really do. Yet my understanding it, does not change the fact of the matter that, as far as I am concerned, hating them is wrong.

If we hate them, all it does is make their condemnation of us justified.

Wow. There is so much arrogant condescension inherent in this comment I wouldn't know where to begin, so I'll just say this.

These attitudes of which you obviously rise so high above, are not of most Christians. There is a group of "fundalmentalist" Christian that is not that big, but is very, very loud, and overbearing. Sometimes I wish they would just be quiet myself.

As for the speaker in the OP, I assume there were adults teachers in the room. They should have put a stop to this nonsense immediately. What wimps.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

How you came up with any of that off topic comment, I don't know. Apparently,..you are not reading.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Clearskies because: of derpage

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

What are you talking about? This thread is becoming an attack on each other. Who are you and why should I care what you have to say?

Can you please quote my hypocritical words please.

I'm so brain washed that I am a bi sexual christian that does not let sexuality run my life, NOT on my religious preference but on the fact that there is more to me than sex?

Stop attacking me. You are angry so you are throwing worthless words around.

I'm done with this stupid site. EVERY ONE HERE SEEMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING AND EVERY ONE ELSE IS A MISINFORMED SMALL MINDED IDIOT. I'M RIGHT YOUR WRONG IS THE "ONLY' THING THIS SITE IS ABOUT.

THIS PLACE IS FOR CHILDREN. HAVE FUN KIDS.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Hi tothe,
A kind reminder. You may not be aware.

When the government needed finances, some states began allowing interracial marriages or miscegenation as long as those marrying received a license from the state. So in other words, they had to receive permission to do an act which without such permission would have been illegal. Remember, in Black's Law Dictionary it points to this historical fact when it defines "marriage license" as, "A license or permission granted by public authority to persons who intend to intermarry." "Intermarry" is defined in Black’s Law Dictionary as, "Miscegenation; mixed or interracial marriages." Not long after these licenses were issued, some states began requiring all people who marry to obtain a marriage license, seeing that they could make a profit off of the Union of Marriage. So in 1923, the Federal Government established the Uniform Marriage and Marriage License Act (they later established the Uniform Marriage and Divorce Act). By 1929, every state in the Union had adopted marriage license laws, and by 1935, all states required licenses except Maryland, which soon followed shortly thereafter.

Marriage License Truth
macquirelatory.com/Marriage%20License%20Truth.htm

Let's examine the history of marriage license in America, and see how it came ... with the first being you, the second being the person you are marrying, and the ...
Cheers ljb
edit on 4/28/2012 by longjohnbritches because: lic

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Not the behavior I would expect from someone that is anti-bullying. I hadn't heard of this man until your post and it doesn't give me a good impression of him, but I have a question that is somewhat off topic - but related to your OP.

This is the second time today that I have heard of this "war on Christians". (I've heard it before, but the first time I heard it today it was regarding homosexual couples as well.)

I feel the need to ask you, why do you, and other Christians, refer to it as a war? Just because someone doesn't agree with your religious beliefs, and even speaks out against them (even if they do it in a cold, hateful manner) - how is that a war against you?

An atheist, a gay/lesbian person, a Muslim or person of another religion, or anyone for that matter, speaking out against Christians doesn't effect your ability to worship the way you want. It doesn't stop you from attending church. Your homes aren't being sabotaged, your cars aren't being bombed. Christians haven't been put on a curfew, their rights haven't been removed more so than anyone else in this country, so why is that term used so frequently?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That guy is so rude. Who let him in the door anyway? Was that a talk scheduled by NEA, GELSEN, or SIECUS? Or all three maybe. Perhaps Kevin Jennings arranged it himself. He was trying to be cute, but it backfired on him. I'm prety sure this type of thing has been going on across the nation. It is part of the whole Values Clarification process designed to attack the parental values being passed to their kids. Looks like these kids clarified their values for him.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

You mean we need to go back to gays hiding in the closets, too afraid to be who they are. Sorry - that's not going to happen.

Absolutely NOT, and nowhere in my post did I suggest that. Shame on you.

I'd like to hear your plan on how we stop prejudice against gays. We cannot deny that it exists - so how would you stop it? How would you successfully convince children to stop bullying other gay children? How would you successfully convince people to vote for equality for gays? How would you successfully convince people to treat all gays with respect and dignity? How would you convince people to allow two gays to walk down the street, hand in hand, without fear of being heckled, taunted, or laughed at?

Fighting for human rights is a difficult, painful, messy process. It may not feel good when someone is in your face, demanding - but sometimes that's what it takes to get people to hear it. The civil rights movement was difficult, painful and messy. But, it worked. There are books in schools talking about blacks being treated inhumanely. The history of slavery is taught in schools. There was a time when this was fought by many in the white community. They didn't want this black rights stuff shoved down their (and their children's) throats. But there is a new generation that is more tolerant of blacks than the older generation was. That didn't just happen magically by itself. It was hard work by individuals dedicated to fighting prejudice and intolerance. Those individuals are on the road to heaven, not the road to hell.
edit on 28-4-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

It would be Ironic if you didn't seem to notice someone in the video doing the very same thing. (and yes I get that he was doing it on purpose)

I don't agree with anyone behaving in this fashion. I want a civil society where neither would be accepted for this kind of behavior.

What I object to is the suggestion that this is an either/or proposition... it isn't. I am distressed with the polarization of our society. Some of you are so brainwashed that you really don't even understand that a middle ground is quite possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Take the stick out of your own eye before judging others. Just where do you think that your own 'morals' and 'beliefs' have come from? Every hour of television that you've watched, every hour of film, every hour of books, magazines, adverts... Speaking of Hitler - he had his Ministry of Propaganda & Indictrination which used newspapers, film, posters and radio to change the BELIEFS of his countrymen. Guess what? It's been done again to us. So when you BELIEVE the buzz word of tolerance, what you are supporting, in the long run, is the acceptance of worse and worse behaviour in your own society. You may draw the line against pedophilia - but what happens when another 1% of the population DEMANDS that THAT is normal and healthy? Will you just TOLERATE it? Our population, both Christian and non-Christian, have succumbed to the same propaganda and indoctrination techniques as used by Hitler - think how much MORE effective it is with a hundred tv channels and the Internet. Your beliefs, and many Christians modern day beliefs, are a direct result of those that despise Jesus.
Your beliefs aren't your own - they've been brainwashed into you as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
From the video I watched it clearly seems the majority(secular) was on this guys side, the minority(Christians) got up and walked out as is there right. There rights have been given by the majority(secular), yet this minority(Christians) wish to limit the rights of a even smaller minority(gays).

Its sort of ironic.

Edit: As long as Christians attempt to legislate there beliefs and attempt to limit the rights of others, I will not support these protections for them. This is not just towards Christians but all faiths. If you wish to limit freedoms and liberty and the pursuit of happiness you don't deserve these rights either.
edit on 28-4-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

That's an excellent point, and that's the whole problem, the government had no business ever getting involved in this process, other than to make sure that everybody was being afforded to same legal rights.

As soon as it become a legal institution, governed by the states or the fed, it should be uniform, provided to all citizens who are of legal age and able to make sound decisions.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

It is more obvious than ever that Christians are under attack.

No it's not but it is very obvious that xtianity is under attack, from those who choose to reason.

This chap savage makes it quite clear that he is defending himself , yes he is mocking the bibles and rightly so as these manuscripts make it perfectly clear that Mr Savage should be put to death!

So a few bible thumpers walked out of the meeting, so what ? What the hell were thy doing going to listen to someone who has made it quite clear that he has no respect whatsoever for their ridiculous supersticious beliefs ?

After centuries of persecuting, murdering and torturing gay people christians are now crying about their magik books being criticized and mocked, ah poor souls getting their feelings all hurt and that merely from words.

How ironic it is that if xtians actually practiced what they preach and forgave turning the other cheek then this thread wouldn't even exist.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I have already addressed this. It is quite simple. I want a civil society. Read tenth's post as I heartily agree with his position. (starred it!)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

As long as Christians attempt to legislate there beliefs and attempt to limit the rights of others, I will not support these protections for them. This is not just towards Christians but all faiths. If you wish to limit freedoms and liberty and the pursuit of happiness you don't deserve these rights either.

These are fine inspiring and more over, reasoned words which deserve a thumbs up and star

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
As a Christian, it is difficult to hear this attack against my faith from someone who has zero understanding of anything he cited - no less from someone that has his OWN moral code to enforce on society. He speaks of slavery, yet has no understanding that God makes it perfectly clearly that the entire world is already in slavery.

this just proves YOU didn't understand what he was saying, the gist of his argument is that christians pick and choose things they believe in, they no longer support slavery, though the bible doesn't condemn it, even going as far as codifying it. christians don't have to keep kosher, but they will scream about laws in leviticus on homosexuality where those same laws are found.
a moral code where we don't condemn consenting adults that love each other? what a horrible moral code! i tell you! it will destroy the world as we know it! oh wait it hasn't, just go check all the other countries allowing gay marriage.

"Tolerance" is the buzz word that forces people into submission. I applaud those young people for swimming upstream in a society fast being forced to accept any and all personal behaviour as 'normal and healthy' because of TOLERANCE.

yeah oh NO, TOLERANCE!!! ALLOWING PEOPLE WHO HARM NO ONE TO DO THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE, LOL.

Tolerance isn't love, tolerance is a blinding tool to the destruction of civilisation.

name me a single civilization that has been destroyed from tolerance, just one.

Gay advocates for years denied the warnings that it's acceptance wouldn't lead to other forms of sexual acts being recognised as 'normal' - and right on cue, psychologists have been writing journal articles suggesting that pedophilia should be reclassed from a mental illness to a sexual practice.

name me one psychologist who is advocating changing the status of pedophilia.

People can't see the slow destruction of our morals - the tendency of sin is downward to greater degradation and misery, it's a spiral and gains momentum as it descends. It's one of the most important lessons in this Bible, and that the speaker will never acknowledge it because he's so wrapped up in justifying a sexual practice as a "lifestyle" that he berates children for not choosing IT over the Bible. That is the crux of his form of bullying - coercion based on the human inclination to not be seen as 'different'. Evil loves company as they say. He has no concept of the meaning of Biblical slavery, for it he did, he'd not be up at that podium.

never seen a single gay person call it a "lifestyle" christian morons call it that, so you wouldn't see any of them justifying it.
really? where did anyone berate anyone again? or is this just more thin-skinned moaning? oh yes, he is such a bully for criticism of a book! you must have been listening to a different video than me, because i didn't hear bullying i heard criticism of christian hypocrisy
he has no concept of the meaning of bibical "slavery" because he was criticizing the double standard christians seem to have.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

In the words of Gandhi:

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

No, he's being truthful about some Christian people.

If you think that's intolerance, then that's because you're choosing to follow the Christian religion.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
reply to post by voidla

But here's the thing - look at the context - the event was about "TOLERANCE" and anti-bullying, it was not about Homosexual rights. If it was the latter, he'd be more in his rights to rant away (even if I don't agree with that message). Its the fact that he is trying to speak on tolerance while simultaneously being intolerant that is the most galling.

he can't talk about anti-gay bullying? there is a lot of that you know, and christians use the bible to bully people.
where exactly does it say that you can't be critical of peoples' ideas or beliefs yet allow them to hold them? that is tolerance by the way, the allowance of holding ideas you find stupid.

when did people start believing that tolerance is letting people do whatever they want, even harmful things or oppressive things without criticism or scrutiny?
that to me isn't tolerance, no one should tolerate things that oppress or harm people even when people wax on about tolerance.
also where exactly was he being intolerant? he was obviously pointing out how pathetic some people are about getting criticism from the people they criticize all the time. that is intolerance to you? as i said, tolerance is allowing people to hold stupid ideas, not be free from being criticized for holding those stupid ideas.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join