It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Is christianity completly above reproach? No, christianity is a disgrace and theres no other way to spin it.

The true moral here is be careful of what you say because your own words can be used against you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
From the time Mr. Savage says "Let's talk about the bible..." to the time the first "christian" walks past the camera shot is 20 seconds, 20 whole seconds, and not one "curse" word or vulgar word has been said yet. The outrage from these "christians" is utterly manufactured, they are incensed that someone who has been put down and suppressed has dared to point out that many "christians" have used their book to do so, I think there is a bit more to it, maybe a some guilty consciences from those walking out? Mr. Savage is utterly right in this speech, there was no bullying by Mr. savage, he simply disarmed the "christians" by pointing out the hypocrisy, the problem arises when the thin skinned attendees, which many of are with big smiles on their faces and laughing with one another, walk out.

The moment the bible is mentioned, you can see a few students from the area those that walked out came from turn their heads and start talking to each other, mere seconds into Mr. Savage's commentary on the bible, before even anything is really said about the bible. I wonder how many were told to walk out if the obviously gay speaker mentioned the bible, the main tool used by those posing as "christians" to batter down and justify their bigoted actions. There is nothing in the video that can be even remotely considered cursing, by any but the most fragile and thin skinned of people (pseudo "christians" mainly), those that under any other condition we would rightly describe, as Mr. Savage did, as "pansy assed".

It is funny how the majority of the audience supported what Mr. Savage had to say and agreed with him, yet this is only an issue because a small percentage of pseudo "christians" who don't like their justification for abuse being taken away from them were probably told to get up and leave if mention of the bible as a tool for abuse was made.

This is not anti-christian, this is someone pointing out the selective use of the bible to abuse people, and how it is wrong. The only people I see being offended by his speech, are those that like to use the bible selectively to abuse people.

Homophobia, the fear that a gay man will treat strait men the same way strait men treat women.
men/women are interchangeable in this instance.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Climax

Is christianity completly above reproach? No, christianity is a disgrace and theres no other way to spin it.

The true moral here is be careful of what you say because your own words can be used against you.

This 47 year old bully ambushed / attacked a room full of teenagers.

As they fled the scene of the ambush he hurled defamatory names at them.

I would like to see Dan Savage give that same speech to a room full of 47 year old

men and women.

Does he have the courage to do that?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

great post, star for you!
2nd line

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

reply to post by Chance321

Dude, Dan wasnt bashing the students, he was bashing the idea that in the bible (you know what the bible is right?) it tells how and when its righteous to commit atrocities!
Dan was pointing out how many of these "holy regulations" are not taken literally or seriously anymore and thats a good thing, because they are recognized now as evil, truely truely evil acts condoned by the holy bible, which is obviously flawed, so so obvious.

I cant believe a single female walked out on the idea that it is wrong to stone them to death if their husband accuses them of not being a vigin on the wedding night. Do these poor girls really believe thats what holiness is about?

Seriously christians, you need to get your # together cause the more you talk and the less you listen, the deeper down the hole you sink.
Address these issues, make reformation, equality is required for all who wish to be members, there are ALOT of homosexuals who want to follow the word or your Christ, they are some of the most loving people on the planet and a natural ally to the cause of LOVE, what is your beef? Any male should be thrilled to have other males taken out of the mate race, especially today, homosexuals are the solution to overpopulation.

Christianity from what I see here is more about hate than love, admit it, if a single homosexual got into Heaven it would be ruined for you, am I right or wrong?

This is all very easy to decode.

The whole hollywood gang - loves - to attack the Christians.

Christians are - against - gay marriage and abortion.

What? Are you a tool or something?
Got any examples of how hollywood is openly attacking christ? What has hollywood ever done to you, or any other christian you personaly know?
Hollywood is out attacking christians as much as dinosaurs are out attacking christians...Jesus Christ

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

4000? Maybe if you count every single moron from the dawn of time yeah but in this day of age...get real dude.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

Don't go off topic.

This thread is about Dan Savage and his attack on the teenagers.

Lets see if Dan Savage has the courage to give that exact same speech in front of

47 year old men and women.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
For those who do follow the Christian faith there are so many more nuanced positions that are not even being considered here. Really there is no black and white in this world. Everything is a shade of grey.

www.gaychristian101.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This 47 year old bully ambushed / attacked a room full of teenagers.

As they fled the scene of the ambush he hurled defamatory names at them.

I would like to see Dan Savage give that same speech to a room full of 47 year old

men and women.

Does he have the courage to do that?

There was no ambushing or attacking done here, anyone who is part of a presentation by a gay man on bullying KNOW that Leviticus for sure, and the bible in general will be brought up as a selective tool for abusing people, there is no ambushing unless the people being "ambushed" are too stupid to know whit is in the book they base their belief system on.

The only attack here was an attack on the ideal that the bible is an acceptable tool to be used to abuse people.

As these "christians" ran from the truth, there were no insults or defamatory names hurled at them, Mr. Savage did rightfully describe them as [SNIP], as they had thin skins that prevented them from facing their own hypocrisy.

I would like to be in the crowd hen Mr. Savage gave that speech to room full of adults, I would be one of the majority that cheered and supported Mr. Savage's position.
edit on 4/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed Snip content.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Amen to that brother! As Gandhi once said,"If every christian acted like Jesus, we would all be Christians."
It is sad to me that the extremist in any group are the ones who get attention, they are generally the minority of most groups but I guess the radicals get noticed by main stream media.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
His job;

Savage was supposed to be delivering a speech about anti-bullying

He failed.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Christians are also - in favor of - slavery and the stoning of women.

I KNOW this to be true, because it says so in the Bible. Can you deny that?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Poor "persecuted" :Christians" (aka Right wing fundamentalist, not Christian at all in my experience). They are upset because someone refuses to accept others trying to force their hypocritical morality upon the rest of us. The kinds of Christians in America today are the type that will accept torture gleefully as they tell the victim with a smile, "All you need to do is to exercise your freewill to accept [our version of] Jesus. It's for your own good."

American Christians are the closest thing the U.S. has to the Taliban.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Make sure you get your facts straight here.
Let's have a source here.
Do you have a news link to Christians stoning anyone?
Have you been stoned OFTEN??

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

That is the Old Testament. We also don't sequester ourselves away during menstruation
or marry our dead husband's brother, anymore. Romans believed in slavery and pedophilia, should we bully Italians?

link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
His job;

Savage was supposed to be delivering a speech about anti-bullying

He failed.

He did a wonderful job actually, pointing out the hypocrisy in "christians" using the bible in a very selective manner to abuse and bully people, his examples are spot on, it is just too bad that the "christians" who had been conditioned to walk out at the mere mention of the bible did not have the opportunity to learn from his words. This video is actually a great example of conditioning, and indoctrination, in that the mere mention of the bible by Mr. Savage had the "christians" running for the exits.

link   

Originally posted by graphuto

reply to post by graphuto

"Sh!t talk you".... who? Who specifically was being directly insulted intentionally by the speaker?

The speaker was talking about the bible, the complaint was more focused at the authors of the bible who wrote of terrible things that are to be followed by believers.

Its like they dont believe the things that are said in the very thing they worship, nevermind they arent supposed to be giving that much worship to a book, a book that they themsevles are selectivly loyal to contradictory passages.

Do you see how deranged this is?

So are you supposed to love everyone, even your enemies, or arent you?
Is it for you to judge, or is it for your God?
Your problems dont come from anywhere else other than from within your own thoughts and belief.

Either way, no one has to listen to anything they don't want to.

So why make an ordeal out of this? Obviously there is something worth fighting for, and the fight looks like equality vs inequality.

So which side are we all on? Equality or inequality?
edit on 28-4-2012 by Climax because: unfinished sentence completed

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This government-wide anti-bullying campaign has a hidden agenda.

To silence, supress freedom of thought, of expression excluding the more politically correct ideologies.

GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Poor "persecuted" :Christians" (aka Right wing fundamentalist, not Christian at all in my experience). They are upset because someone refuses to accept others trying to force their hypocritical morality upon the rest of us. The kinds of Christians in America today are the type that will accept torture gleefully as they tell the victim with a smile, "All you need to do is to exercise your freewill to accept [our version of] Jesus. It's for your own good."

American Christians are the closest thing the U.S. has to the Taliban.

Sounds like some very nasty hyperbole to me, and painting with a ridiculously broad brush.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Maybe some were running (actually walking...) from his bullying, because they weren't hardcore Christians and might've hurt the guy accidentally or on purpose?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join