It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Avengers Movie, Hidden Plotline Delivers Final Blow to World Religions..Spoiler Alert.. Read

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by Oxygenation

It's just a film though isn't it?

Maybe you have over analysed it.

Yeah, I agree with you. I mean, look how long Loki and Thor have been around, thousands of years, so Hollywood just now decided to create to characters that "are gods"? I mean, really.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
"Towards the back end of the movie Loki is speaking to the Hulk and says "you can't do this, you cant win, we're gods!" or something to that extent at which point the Hulk just grabs him and bashes him from side to side in an almost comical but also quite sinister way.

Comical in as much as it garnered the strongest combined audience laugh of the whole movie. "

Tho i believe that cinema as well as televison are, and can be used to influence the general public, i think this scene was purely for the effect it got.. laughs.... Bruce Banner, as The Hulk, has limited comprehension of understanding complex thoughts, so in this scene it would merely be a reaction to Loki. Kind of like, "i don't understand what you are saying, so.... SMASH!!"...
Remember he done the same thing to Thor, and that garnered a whole cinema of laughter as well...
I do understand where you are coming from, but in this instance i think you are reading too much into it, imo..

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
i'm not sure if i mentioned it earlier....

HULK SMASH!

-subfab

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The two best laughs in the movie are when Hulk ragdolls loki, and when hulk punches thor for no reason whatsoever. I'm not sure how far I read into it as far as the god bashing part, put the movie was epic none-the-less...Legend even!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
here is a great home made video of hulk vs. superman. it's better than anything hollyweird can dream up.

part 1
www.youtube.com...

part 2
www.youtube.com...

-subfab

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

It's just a film though isn't it?

Maybe you have over analysed it.

This, and maybe if they were trying for symbolism there, the writer/director was trying to convey worshiping false idols and not the actual creator. Lots of ways to interpret.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The movie had nothing to say about GOD in the context of a single all powerful being. That wasn't the theme. The theme was:

-secrets will come to light.
-if we band together, work together, we can defeat superior alien foes (even those who think themselves gods).

Its the same basic theme as all the other Alien invasion movies (except skyline)

I suspect Prometheus will have a similar message with an off world horror setting. With courage and sacrifice we can meet and beat those who think they are gods.

Given its a money spinner it seems to be a theme we all like.

The hype is justified in this case. As a piece of popcorn cinema it is up there with the best. I may go and see it again and there are few films i'll do that for.

edit on 28-4-2012 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

maybe its just being faifthull to the story arc or the origional avengers comic-books

its that long since i read them - i cannot remember - but i amsure someone who is an expert on the marve storylines will be able to chime in

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wow!!!
Can't wait to se that movie!

But, on a more serious subject, i do not believe that it was meant as anti-religious; Loki is the villain, so he is more of a Lucifer than a God. Thor, on his side, admire the humans at the end, seeing their potentials.
In fact, i think that Marvel is one of the rare franchise to escape the Illuminati's plan to bring us down. Look at the the X-Mens: Marvel proves that humanity can become even more evolved than simple humans; Skull, in Captain America, seems to refer to the Skull and Bones society, one that is supposedly under the Illuminati (and the Illuminati paid Hitler and the Nazy in their domination); Tony Stark is everything that the Illuminati don't want us to be: ultra riche, can build anything by himself, offer a kind of government because of his protection and money; etc.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

A star for you mate.
A group of friends will always defeat even a group of bad guys.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

You are right. I have documents leaked from the Illuminati that says exactly that. The cinema is the only way new styles, ideas, moral protocols, are instaured into a mass (a society).

You have documents leaked by the Illuminati?....that say what exactly?

Care to share these "documents"?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I'll have to post around 20 pages of text. They are in PDF format, so it means they won't copy here.
One of the page say, ''control the mass using Hollywood and keep the movie's plot to below a sixth grade intelligence level''. That means, all the movies we have seen yet are desingned to keep us dumbed-down as a sixth-grade kid. Revolting.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Post a link to them then......where did you get these "leaked documents" from anyhow?

If it's out there on the web....you can link to it!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

It's in the middle of a lenghty book called ''behold a pale horse''.

Here is a pdf download. ephraiyim.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hawkeye shouldn't be in this movie.

It should be Giant Man and the Wasp.

Still I really want to see this movie.

I just hope Joss keeps out his usual writing bits. I'm very wary of watching this movie because while I am a fan of some of his series, he has certain writing cliche's that I'm actually frustrated with seeing.

One of those is how he treats parents. Almost every single character he writes about has parental issues of some sort. So far I've only seen one of his characters with kind and loving/supporting parents.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Most movies are made with one very basic goal in mind. That being, to make the maximum profit possible. I think the movie will be highly entertaining and I plan on seeing it. But, I'm not sure that its designed to do more than entertain me enough to be glad I helped the studio make a profit.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Hell -- by this logic -- me an my 71 friends completely destroyed the concept of organized religion when we marched through the elemental planes, and killed every god in the universe -- just to see what kind of loot it dropped -- back in 2003.*

*in a video game called Everquest.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
The point where the words "we're your gods" was taken and used as a platform to obliterate and destroy and make void of any compassion the idea that gods are in fact to be taken serious and that it was ok to just beat up on the idea of gods or god.

You're reading far too much into this. If you knew anything about Loki, you'd know that that depiction of him is entirely fair. Loki was a lot like the Joker; truthfully, in fact, I tend to view them as pretty much the same archetype.

Stan Lee apparently liked the Aesir (Norse Gods) and therefore wanted to write about them. Depictions of Thor and Loki fighting each other, and fighting monsters (which the Hulk qualifies as, depending on who you ask) is an entirely consistent depiction of them, and isn't disrespectful in the least. The Aesir are warriors; it's what they do.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

The movie cost $220 million dollars to make. With that kind of price tag it's very difficult to make the kind of profit the studios demand. First it has to recover the cost of making it before it can bring in the profit. I predict that it won't make a lot of profit and it will be declared a flop.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation
The point where the words "we're your gods" was taken and used as a platform to obliterate and destroy and make void of any compassion the idea that gods are in fact to be taken serious and that it was ok to just beat up on the idea of gods or god.

Not saying there is or there isnt, its not really a religious rant but more a deep observation. It is something i felt intrinsically like a knowing that the audience bought it hook line and sinker.. and their psyches were conditioned to laugh at gods being tossed from side to side humiliatingly.

I think the reason why people laughed has nothing (unconsciously/subliminally or not) to do with it being about god at all.... I think the point is that Loki (egotistical, nasty prick LOL) is so used to people bowing down and getting his own way... that he actually stands there and shouts at the Hulk and tells him to obey him because he is a god (in his own world).... and Hulk just picks him up and smashes him like a rag doll.

It's an hilarious scene and people laughed because it was funny.

Hulk.... this beast, this pure, raw, primal animal... is gonna listen to a puny idiot like him because he shouts?

I found it hilarious.

I do see what you're saying but you're way over-thinking it and seeing ulterior motives and conditioning where there is only humour and comic book movies.
edit on 29/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join