It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minorities are attacked or ignored by "truthers" and "free thinkers" in the movement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm sure this is a conspiracy , but I don't feel the need to do researcher at the moment.
A few before commenting :

1.Someone stating "well you're generalizing because I don't do ..xyz" to me - nullifies the input as someones personal experience can not be agreed or disagreed with. And is really apart of the problem to demonstrate

2. I will mention Ron Paul - but I am not arguing for/against him (in this thread) - I am merely using the BEHAVIOR of his SUPPORTERS in the truth movement as a one of the vehicles to arrive at my point. Thats for any distractors -

Now:

The biggotry that has been implied by the majority of "truthers" seriously leads me to believe that MOST of these people (you) are ones who cherry pick conspiracies to validate that the "status qoe" is being manipulated. You fail to admit, or worse DONT CARE, that the "status quo" was never peaches and creme for everyone else.

This observation was spawned by an attitude that I relentless encounter within ANY Ron Paul thread. Now I actually LIKE RP for what its worth. I believe that a Kucinich / Paul ticket would rock the worlds socks, However as a minority and woman ..I have some concerns. Though it is admirable that he believes that states should essentially control everything ( as allowed in the orignial Constitution drafted by slave owners) the logic completely fails to be honest that we do not live in an ideal world , and mankind should always move onward in moral evolution!

I am perplexed when as a black person I am told - SO what if he IS racist towards blacks- He's a moral man-Look at his record! His record says corporations should have the power to pay whomever they want whatever wage. Women should not get paid the same as men if the employer doesn't want to (verbally confirmed).As a woman how am i suppose to feel about that? The intelligent truthers state that I shouldn't care. they ask "why don't you bend over all ready?"

I notice that any topic that seeks to enlighten or explore traditional pyramids of power are attacked or not commented on. You are a Christian and seek to enlighten others to the good news , yet REFUSE to acknowledge factual evidence that Jesus was a Negro man. Or you go - who Cares? Well if no one cares, why is it so hard for you to be honest about it?

You are a patriot seeking to restore America, but implodes when reminded that America was built as a dream meant grow and progress. Not remain stagnant. You want us to return to the 1950s?

I'll stop right there with examples as I believe the point is made.

Just want to give a little friendly reminder that white,male,american,heterosexual,christian are not the ONLY people looking for truth and invested in the fight for a better world.

Cheers,
FP
edit on 27-4-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2012 by femalepharoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Honestly, it took you that many words to say you don't really like Ron Paul? Your backhanded "now don't get me wrong, I like RP" doesn't say anything other than you can't just be honest about not liking the man.

This is the 2nd time you've brought up the "racist newsletters' (2nd that I know of).

What's the point of this thread?

Boohoo...I'm a minority (actually - the white male is now the minority), nobody cares that I'm searching for truth. I'm special too.
edit on 4/27/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

you just demonstrated. It's NOT about Ron Paul its about his SUPPORTERS and how they try to invalidate your feelings and what you should care about.

I also brought up Jesus and Christians - another well known conspiracy.

Also , how did you find this particular thread , in the rant section so quickly after attacking me in the other thread? are you following me??

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by femalepharoe

you just demonstrated. It's NOT about Ron Paul its about his SUPPORTERS and how they try to invalidate your feelings and what you should care about.

I also brought up Jesus and Christians - another well known conspiracy.

Also , how did you find this particular thread , in the rant section so quickly after attacking me in the other thread? are you following me??

I'm not attacking you. I'm just finding fault in what you say. Why does it have to be about being a minority? Nobody knows you're a black woman unless YOU TELL THEM. That's the beauty of the internet.

YOU are the one making this about you being a minority.

I didn't touch on the Jesus/Christian topic because it doesn't affect me. I don't care what religion you choose to follow.

This appeared on the "New Topics" page. I haven't replied to the other thread in over a day. You're deluded.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Also with the exception of washignton Dc - which is not a state - and Hawaii - white people are by no way in danger of being a minority.

As a "truther" why would you display such fabricated information??

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Honestly I always thought blacks were "truthers" more than whites? I'm a white male btw. I've been told by many blacks about what they believe as in what's going on in the world and it goes along with what is talked about on ATS everyday. Except most of the white people I am around believe the whole government system is out for their own good. I'd say at least 50% of the blacks I've met have touched base with me on conspiracy and 8% of whites have been able to touch base with me.

I really haven't done the extensive research into Ron Paul.. But I mean wth.. Who else in the race do you think is going to fix this country? Or at least try to that is.. 3 sellouts or a guy who isn't paid by these bankers?

I really think we need to forget about this race thing though.. the more we fight against it the more we will see.

When a white person see's a black person (like the black panther's all over cnn) they are seen as racist bigots wanting special treatment for what happened in the past and that puts a bad mindset for a brainwashed white that see's it.

When a black person see's a white person going against a black person for the reasons above, then well you start noticing a pattern here..

I have a feeling this post will be removed due to the honesty of it.. But I mean no harm..

The moment everyone fights for equality is when we will all see it, but as long as we are both still pointing fingers.. then who is to blame? All of us.

Claiming Jesus was black, white, green, yellow, orange, w/e is all up to the person btw. I don't think I remember anything about what actual color he is in what I did research.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

its not about KNOWING if I was black.It's about ASSUMING that I was White.

That is the beauty of the internet, exposing unconscious biggotry.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Also with the exception of washignton Dc - which is not a state - and Hawaii - white people are by no way in danger of being a minority.

As a "truther" why would you display such fabricated information??

Awesome...now you're labeling me. If you're going to label me. At least provide me with a definition of what "Truther" means to you.

ETA: 2008 Article - White Male Always Minority in America

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

thanks for the honest reply.

the thing about race is that it is nothing but a power structure. That's it. Only until we acknowledge it can we remove it. If Jesus is a factual person , why is it a personal desicion to choose what culture he was? It's like saying Ghandi was from Kentucky. Yes it wouldn't change his works, but why do such a thing in the first place?

On RP - honestly if he just said - "yeah I felt that way before about race but I've grown" - Much like Senator Byrd it will be all good.

But anyway - clearly we can see that it sends people into attack mode.

Why would it be removed? Can we not be honest on a conspiracy sight in the "rant section"

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

lOl. its a RANT what sources are you requesting?????

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

its not about KNOWING if I was black.It's about ASSUMING that I was White.

That is the beauty of the internet, exposing unconscious biggotry.

You're just solidifying your ignorance to me. I never assumed anything about you from our discussions other than you supported Obama and did not like Ron Paul. You demonstrated that by your words.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I agree with Pelvi. I think more "minorities" are truthers. I quote because who IS a minority anymore? I don't feel like minorities are attacked by truthers. I have very few truther friends, but the ones who are all happen to be hispanic or native american.

I feel the way people handle issues is by using the it's out of sight, out of mind type of thinking. I'm mixed. African American and White (Irish). I get into a lot of conversations. It's interesting how white people will be blunt with me since I'm not "full black". I have a friend of sorts who is a huge Ron Paul supporter. I brought up the racial issues that have seemed to follow RP around. He said that those issues don't affect the majority of people. I was thinking, "No... it just doesn't affect YOU. So it doesn't bother you." I think SO MANY people have unfortunately become desensitized and if it doesn't affect them, then they don't care.

The here and now. The impulsive. Nobody looks at the big picture. How will this one thing affect EVERYONE/EVERYTHING and how will it affect the future. Whether it's what you're having for lunch to who is going to be our next president.

edit on 27-4-2012 by PassedKarma because: edit!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

Race is a very touchy subject when it comes to ATS, so attacking both races because how they fuel each others fire I figured it would be a deeeleeeete.

Reason why I think people should be able to believe Jesus is any color they want is because if Jesus and God do exist, I think race is the last thing they would want to express when it comes to what "jesus was".

Reason being is because if he was white, whites would feel more superior.. If he was black, blacks would feel more superior.. When neither is superior.. So I kinda think that part being left out was a good idea if god/jesus exist.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

LOL. WHO said I supported Obama??
I havn't main one obma comment - in the thread in question I even stated that he is believed to be a groomed CIA agent! Unless you think I want a possible manchurian candidate for president i guess? o_0

It doesn't matter, because you obviously want to hijack the conversation from the behavior you are displaying to race. but just to give you a reality check:

White people are 72.4 percent of the US.
quickfacts.census.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Ok....Just follow me on this one...

The majority of people's first image of Jesus. Is one of a white man. Including myself. And it had NO weight what soever on my religous convictions...so why is it impossible for it to be reversed.

Being honest about our differences and reality has to bring us together. Being deluded because it is convienient keeps us in the dark.

Being honest takes courage and humility.

I didn't care that Santa was white. I still left cookies...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It doesn't matter, because you obviously want to hijack the conversation from the behavior you are displaying to race. but just to give you a reality check:

NO! You put in the freaking title "Minorities are attacked". YOU made this about race.

White people are 72.4 percent of the US.

White people NOT the white male.

I will bow out of this, as I'm really not intending to have a misguided argument. I will leave it stated that I believe your title and the point of this thread is a fallacy.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've never thought Jesus looks "white". He looks Jewish...

Most pictures I saw as a kid depicted him looking middle Eastern in a way. I never associated Jesus = White. And I grew up in very "white" churches!

I do get what you're saying about that though. But like Pelvi said, I'm sure they left the race card out for a reason!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Don't declare ignorance on someone just because they don't have the RP avatar and waving the RP flag...

Actually the minority depends on the region of the country, there are some places in the good ol Usa that you can't find many people that don't speak spanish. Want sources?.. Go to Miami..

I really do hate the "deny ignorance" motto of ATS.. Because it seems like the ignorance is the ones calling people ignorant.. I mean you're literally calling someone ignorant either for stars or to make yourself feel better about someone slapping the dumdum card on you in a past thread..

Everyone has a different opinion.. always remember that..

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by femalepharoe

The reason why Jesus is depicted as more of a white male is probably because white's make up most of the population of compared to other races as a whole. So you could call it "mainstream Jesus" or something..

I mean if a high percentage of the population here was Spanish (if the races were swapped from the beginning) then Jesus would probably appear to be Spanish.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi

Don't declare ignorance on someone just because they don't have the RP avatar and waving the RP flag...

I really do hate the "deny ignorance" motto of ATS.. Because it seems like the ignorance is the ones calling people ignorant.. I mean you're literally calling someone ignorant either for stars or to make yourself feel better about someone slapping the dumdum card on you in a past thread..

Everyone has a different opinion.. always remember that..

And I will call you ignorant as well for not following the discussion properly. Reintroduce yourself with the definition of the word. Allow me:

ig·no·rance/ˈignərəns/ Noun: Lack of knowledge or information:

Now, let us go back to what was said:

its not about KNOWING if I was black.It's about ASSUMING that I was White. That is the beauty of the internet, exposing unconscious biggotry.

and my reply:

You're just solidifying your ignorance to me. I never assumed anything about you from our discussions other than you supported Obama and did not like Ron Paul. You demonstrated that by your words.

Now, I am leaving this thread with the reminder of why I stay out of these threads to begin with.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join