It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

I have to defend Autowrench on this one. He didn't just post this because he felt like it. There are many of us who asked him to share his point of view in this matter so we could discuss it thoroughly. Although I take a different position on the afterlife than Autowrench, this discussion will appeal to different people in different ways, and although it seems reasonable for each person to defend their own position, hopefully most people will take the time to do their own research to try to find the answers for themselves. No argument or discussion is going to change anyone's mind in what they believe in until they have they're own personal experiences. Hopefully, this will encourage people to develop their own personal experiences and continue to ask questions for the rest of their lives. It's a lifelong process of questions and discovery for everyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So you're going to defend someone whose response to "hey your science was wrong if you correct it you might have a better case"
"Well I'm not a scientist"... and other statements blaming the audience if they don't get the message.

I was trying to help, and he came up with multiple excuses as to why it doesn't matter that he got the science wrong.

You can't help anyone if you put forth wrong information.
All you can do is lead them down the wrong path.
If the message is so important, it should be important enough to get it right.
If only for the fact that when people do go out and look up points he made they aren't looking up bad information.
Bad information could either make them stop looking once they realize the information was bad, or they could never find out the info was bad and not reach the conclusion the OP was trying to guide people to.

To defend someone when they put forth wrong information is in itself wrong.
Especially when I wasn't attacking his position with my first post.
I was trying to point out that he could make a few corrections and make his position stronger.

When he responded in a way that blamed the audience if they don't get the message I attacked.
His dismissal of science even when it was in an effort to help him makes his case weaker.
It makes him a Snake Oil Salesman, and down that path there be monsters.

If someone is going to make a spiritual claim that's fine.
If someone wants to use science in their spiritual claim that to is fine, as long as they use the science correctly.
If they don't they do more damage than good, even though their intentions may in fact be good.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pigraphia

I understand what you're saying now, and I agree.

This is why it's so important for people to do their own homework to make sure that any claim is true or reasonable.

I guess I wasn't considering any scientific claims that Autowrench might have been making versus spiritual ones.

Thank you for pointing that out. I guess I should go back and review those claims for myself.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Your soul isn't formed in your body, your soul wears the body like a suit, for lessons. I can remember, and have since early childhood, entering, beaming in like a sun ray, a shooting star, and taking the womb, suddenly in a warm cozy place, which was roughly 2nd or 3rd trimester. And I've had HS contact since early childhood including being led to the Christian faith, but with a thinking mind, that knew all the rest was something else, all those wars, smitings, children and babies murdered after conquest, all that is not God.

I remember glimpses into my past life and even duties, ie. in a kind of guardian position here. Watching over nature, and recognize people all the time.

I've prayed to the Highest Love and Goodness, to God, to Dad/Mom nearly all my life, and all I can say to you is, the Juddaic beliefs, included reincarnation as did the early Christians, the bible is a code. Metaphor. With a lot of wars and very bad directions in it. When you read it, you're meant to take the good, but question the rest and graduate beyond it.

Everything here is a trap, all the ISMS. Which does not mean you have to walk away from the best in your faith, but it does mean not to put your consciousness to sleep, or under the tryanny of all the lies, to use DISCERNMENT. Our own hearts tell us God would never tell Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, our own hearts are the guides.

Stay in your heart, and turn Love up to the highest frequency, then turn that dial some more, for Family has Love and Goodness, far beyond the frequency we can imagine. And then read and weigh things.

What is Love: Kindness, Goodness, Giving, Humility, Tenderness, Understanding, Faithfulness, Generosity, Forgiveness, Walking In Another's Shoes, Carrying Burdens For Each Other, Non Retaliation, Acceptance, Virtues Not Laws, Never Forcing, Caring, Listening, Teaching/Modeling, PEACE.

Turn that dial up to the highest level on those attributes.

Family is Love and Goodness.

And we are infinite beings.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by sled735

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by autowrench

Your post reminds me of EVERY Sylvia Browne book ever written. Check one out at the local library, and you will see that you have described the afterlife almost exactly the way she has.

I would take this as a compliment, AutoWrench. Sylvia Browne is an extremely wise and gifted individual. I love her books.... and her.

Sylvia Browne is a liar. She is a psychic medium that the Bible warns people against. I got caught up in all of her crap too for a few years until I caught her in a lie and a contradiction of her own words. I called her out on the lie, she never responded, and I threw all of her books and every New Age book I owned away. It's all deceit made for modern times to appease people.

I'm curious as to what this lie was. Can you tell us?

I remember watching Sylvia Browne on the Motel Williams show. On one particular show she told Montel that she was not able to see anything past the year 2025. Well, less than a year later, she came out with a book talking about what the earth was going to be like clear up until approximately 2050 - 2070 (I can't remember exactly). When I tried to contact her through her foundation and her website, no one would reply to me as why Sylvia all of a sudden can see further into the future.

So, here's why everyone should be leary. I grew up in the church and I grew up a Christian and I was totally sucked in by Sylvia because she too claimed she was a Christian. I was naive to think that anyone who claimed to be Christian or was teaching Christian doctrine was really doing so. It's not just the unbelievers who are capable of being deceived. I got sucked into the New Age movement myself, thinking it was of Christianity, until I realized that a lot of it didn't match up with what was in the Bible and God pointed it out to me. It wasn't until I renewed my relationship with Christ and started reading my Bible like I was supposed to that I ended up noticing the deceit and figuring it out.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
the Afterlife World has no pollution, no crumbling buildings, torn up forests, Fast Food restaurants everywhere.

No Dunk'n Donuts? No Friendlies IceCream shoppes? No takeout Chinese noodles or pizza delivery? I might have to change my mind on this 'after life' thing. I want a freak'n cup of coffee and a chocolate donut and can't have it here .... and now you say I can't get it 'there' ?? I'll have to think about it ....

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Your soul isn't formed in your body, your soul wears the body like a suit, for lessons. I can remember, and have since early childhood, entering, beaming in like a sun ray, a shooting star, and taking the womb, suddenly in a warm cozy place, which was roughly 2nd or 3rd trimester. And I've had HS contact since early childhood including being led to the Christian faith, but with a thinking mind, that knew all the rest was something else, all those wars, smitings, children and babies murdered after conquest, all that is not God.

I remember glimpses into my past life and even duties, ie. in a kind of guardian position here. Watching over nature, and recognize people all the time.

Can you elaborate more on your past life and duties, so we can analyze them further? Can you start by telling us how or what you did to remember them?

I've prayed to the Highest Love and Goodness, to God, to Dad/Mom nearly all my life, and all I can say to you is, the Juddaic beliefs, included reincarnation as did the early Christians, the bible is a code. Metaphor. With a lot of wars and very bad directions in it. When you read it, you're meant to take the good, but question the rest and graduate beyond it.

You're praying to your Mom and Dad too? Yes, there's a lot of things that the early Jews and Christians all believed that didn't necessarily match up to what their scriptures were telling them to do or believe. Jesus pointed this out many times to the Jews. Yes, there are parables used in the Bible, but you're meant to decipher them through the Holy Spirit, not take what you understand and throw out or question the rest. Only question it as much as you need to in order to discern what it is being said, don't discard it.

Everything here is a trap, all the ISMS. Which does not mean you have to walk away from the best in your faith, but it does mean not to put your consciousness to sleep, or under the tryanny of all the lies, to use DISCERNMENT. Our own hearts tell us God would never tell Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, our own hearts are the guides.

Your heart may be telling you that God would never ask Abraham to sacrifice his son, but he did. If you remember the rest of the story, you'll know that God stopped Abraham from committing the sacrifice. It was all a test of faith to see how far Abraham would go for his faith, but it didn't require sacrificing or killing Isaac in the end.

Stay in your heart, and turn Love up to the highest frequency, then turn that dial some more, for Family has Love and Goodness, far beyond the frequency we can imagine. And then read and weigh things.

It's about LISTENING to God. If you want to call God's voice or the Holy Spirit a frequency, that's fine, but don't substitute it for some other frequency that may include interference.

Once again, I'll refer back to the story about the blind man that Jesus healed. The parable in that story (John 9) is all about using your ears and not your eyes to see. How many times did we hear God say, "HE WHO HAS EARS, LET HIM HEAR"?! This is where the discernment is. It's in the Bible. God's word. Listen to what God is telling you and not what your eyes are seeing.

That is for sure.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

First of all, I never give up anything for others to analyze, I share for those who are being nudged within, so they might start to search themselves, because I've been so grateful in my own life, for my own wake up call, and the Teamwork it takes to get through this, how whenever I've needed the door open, to the next step, it comes, and its someone I recognize in spirit. And they usually don't hand the answers out, but there is something there that is recognized, and then take it into contemplation/meditaton, and Higher Self steps in. For we are called to seek, and knock, then the door is open.

So to share, the past life seemed more as watcher group, as a child, and the disaster was long ago, not Atlantis, but millions of years, mars and lemuria, being taken from my family, not sure if it was in body or out, but it was all real and was on a craft, and a river of sorrow so intense, the very fabric of the universe was this river, and all we want to do is put that river out, to heal it. Overseeing earth that at the same time of this cosmic tragedy, was undergoing a huge deluge. So much sorrow.

A forest fire, not near us, but the smoke and that day it was green trees, I could sense the sap, nature perishing, animals in danger, as this scent hit me, instantly wanted to leap out of my body, for I knew I had to protect nature and remembered something to do with song/frequency, vibration, holding it. Was really shocked when I looked down and realized I was in human form, and could nothing. I could pray and ask for it, envision it, but there was something else I was supposed to do.

When the dolphin song reached my ears from youtube video, I touched the screen and said, Yes, Yes, Yes, you will be freed. We are here now, I am here now! I could understand everything said, inside, with an overlay, this seil. We are slivers of our Consciousness, with a barrier of denser awarness, that we're in now. Yet we're never separate from ourselves.

These are just examples. Also I know people here, family who I'm so proud of and grateful for, every steppign stone, that opens the next step, and just how wonderful they are, some of them doing such wonderful things, but them I'm always so proud of many people around, much of the time. Love them.

One day, was standing in the school hallway, waiting for my sons special needs team meeting (he has apraxia, physical and verbal, etc and had a team), there was an influx of young students, perhaps to the library. And suddenly was on serve and protect mode, I saw myself literally draw a light sword, there was an intense danger.

I knew I had to protect the children, and looked behind, there was the Queens mug shot, she's in every school in Canada giving access to what operates through her, Legion or whatever type of dracos it is.

Shocked the heck out of me, but this was a known threat to my soul, recognized as something very familiar.

As for the other stuff, in the bible, the Pyramid version of spirituality, obeying, God asked Abraham to do something that no being of Love would ever do, Goodness doesn't lie, play games, or ever ask anyone to sacrifice a child, only the enemy does that. Goodness doesn't ever behave in any way other than to HEAL, FORGIVE, ENCOURAGE and PROTECT. PERIOD.

Christ told them who their father was and they killed him. If, and only if, that wasn't metaphor too.

My faith in Goodness, and Christ goes beyond the words in the bible.

We are called to seek within, not without.

Genesis 32 30:

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Matthew 6 22

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Its all metaphor, and alot of it is actually bad stuff. ie. codes for their NWO.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Thank you, Deetermined, and I have to say, publicly, that for a Christian, I find you to be refreshingly respectful, and very tolerant of other's beliefs, religious faith, and belief system in general. I salute you for that, and think every so called "Christian" in here might take a lesson here. Aren't Christians supposed to be like this at all times?

And yes, several of the membership who read me asked me, kindly, to please post my thoughts on the Afterlife. I am at the service of Humankind here, so their wish, is my command.

And Pigraphia: If you wish to engage me in conversation, please stay on topic. This topic could go in many directions, and I think it bet to stick to the original thought, what exactly is the Afterlife like? If you wish to discuss applied Physics and Mechanical Engineering, that is another topic altogether.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What is Love: Kindness, Goodness, Giving, Humility, Tenderness, Understanding, Faithfulness, Generosity, Forgiveness, Walking In Another's Shoes, Carrying Burdens For Each Other, Non Retaliation, Acceptance, Virtues Not Laws, Never Forcing, Caring, Listening, Teaching/Modeling, PEACE.

Family is Love and Goodness.

Unity, what can I say.....? You and I are kindred spirits. Always just the right things to say. My wish for this day is a giant blessing just for you.
A song for you, and for everyone reading here. It is time we all came together in Love.
Turn Speakers up Loud!

Here is a song, that every time I hear it, it reminds me of the Human Soul, and the prison it seems to be trapped within.

I love you ALL!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I may be wrong here, but I have always read her as being a Christian Gnostic, not a Fundamental Christian like yourself. There is a very big difference. For instance:

From the Gnostic viewpoint, the answers to all of life’s mysteries can only be found when one “opens oneself to this divine current and allows oneself to be penetrated by it to the point where one is fully transformed and illuminated by it.” [2] From the viewpoint of many early Gnostic communities, this divine current was perceived as the feminine, healing and nurturing energy of God’s Holy Spirit.
source

Gnostic Teachings

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

the Afterlife World has no pollution, no crumbling buildings, torn up forests, Fast Food restaurants everywhere.

No Dunk'n Donuts? No Friendlies IceCream shoppes? No takeout Chinese noodles or pizza delivery? I might have to change my mind on this 'after life' thing. I want a freak'n cup of coffee and a chocolate donut and can't have it here .... and now you say I can't get it 'there' ?? I'll have to think about it ....

Actually, whatever you can possibly want is yours. If you want a row of McDonald's and Burger Kings, so be it. (That doesn't sound like a bad idea, either!)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You're praying to your Mom and Dad too?

In Unity's defence, please do not humanize the Divine Father and Mother.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Wow, thank you very much. The first song really made my day, that is wonderful. Much Love back, and Love to everyone, every song in existence, every consciousness/intellect, everyone everywhere, loved and called to be love.

By the way when the first was playing, felt this rose colored energy flow out through our galaxy and every galaxy, held over the universe, every system.

The second song has alot of coding. But our soul in cages, or the white dove/Sophia/Wisdom in cages even. Then there is the NWO code to it, akin to this recent emergence of put downs of the white race, occurring everywhere, the middle class and equality being attacked, with tools of the cia invovled in their trojan horse takeovers, I absolutely do not empower that. So that last song has some layers in it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Not exactly a gnostic because that has more organization behind it, whereas I see all organizations as traps. More of a christian mystic/seeker.

We're all called to be Buddha and Christ, the seeker and the one who has found.

Christ could even be the one who becomes his Higher Self and ascends, so many codes, but to me also, he is like Michael (though not a Jehovah Witness type), for both are symbolized in the sun, the True Light.

This solar system has the coding for Christ, and is also like a book to read, with the purpose of this school written in the stars.

But all the groups that lure people in are distortions in my mind, best to strive for pure of heart.

To me, Christ is also Mother, Sophia, the Inverted Pyramid, the Challice, the Equality, Unconditional Love and the Way Back Home.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Actually, planet Earth has been "recycled" at least 3 times before. The evidence is clear to me, anyway.

Prophecies like the Hopi might as well be translated hints stored in DNA about how life came to be, which people in the past were able to decipher and translate to others. First micro life in the form of bacteria on a barren world, on to more complex lifeforms swimming about in the primordial soup becoming fish, moving on to the 3rd world as land creatures.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I just saw this thread and wanted to stop in to thank you for writing it.

It takes a lot of guts to write about personal experiences such as this and I commend your courage. I'll have to take the time later to read the responses, but thanks again for this fascinating thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I had a personal message today from my Guides, and its not what I was expecting either. Have always pictured my dream home back in my home town area, and have been reaching through layers of yearnings, childhood wishes to try and sort through life goals, for I want a change to take place and want to move not only from the coast due to it being the wrong climate for me and increasing our health problems, but also due to Fukushima. The sunny interior with less than 10 inches of precpitation and my childhood home is calling me.

However our Guides don't even think like that. The concept of changing our life by focusing on businesses to start for my sons, to live primarily to serve them for that would help me best in my old age, as their success and land purchase would be good for me to tag a yurt, cob cabin or trailor, not to set goals for me, but for them. So 2012 is the year of starting the business for my sons, and to think of not putting all our eggs in one basket, so a beginning not an end to anything, a good coding to throw in the matrix if you ask me.

We should never see endings or empower their cycles either. But see upgrades, changes and good always.

Our Guides have different ideas than we have. That's all I can say. For I was out in the sunshine, and had a direct connect again.

Direct feeling of the team or council and it was being pointed out to me, that every place I liked the most to live in, was wonderful, perfect for home life, dreams coming true, and just relaxing and living life, note I like rural areas best, but near cities, and small towns, strawberry patches, and long hot summers with lots of lakes nearby.

In fact, was given me every one on earth feels like this, from eco farms dreams, to survivalists, to your own island, we all want that here and ASAP.

But our Guides don't think like that. They say, whatever creates unrest, whatever affects our lives to force us to look at the bigger world, whatever is less safe, less ideal, less hobbit like, they are more like Gandalf forcing Bilbo on his journey, and so Fukushima coastal area is seen as better than my hobbitsville, and now I'm really wondering what I'm truly supposed to be planning for.

It was as if, no, you need to keep on your toes and start to see what is going on, not just enjoy life, life isn't about that.

I really wasn't happy with todays message, but it was very real, and given with Love.

No this doesnt tie into what the bloodlines are doing either, for we are meant to live natural good lives, but due to them we are being forced to see things out of our comfort zones.

We have a team of Guides in this life and if we're striving to do the right thing always and seeking within, we really get answers that come.

The Hobbit of 1977: Soundtrack - That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

Everythign was fine until that jerk Gandalf and those mean dwarves showed up!

www.fortunecity.co.uk...

Chip the glasses and crack the plates!

Blunt the knives and bend the forks!

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates -

Smash the bottles and burn the corks!

Cut the cloth and tread the fat!

Pour the milk on the pantry floor!

Leave the bones on the bedroom mat!

Splash the wine on every door!

Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl;

Pound them up with a thumping pole;

And when you've finished, if any are whole,

Send them down the hall to roll!

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

So, carefully! Carefully with the plates!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The second song has alot of coding. But our soul in cages, or the white dove/Sophia/Wisdom in cages even. Then there is the NWO code to it, akin to this recent emergence of put downs of the white race, occurring everywhere, the middle class and equality being attacked, with tools of the cia invovled in their trojan horse takeovers, I absolutely do not empower that. So that last song has some layers in it.

Ha! You saw it! You are right, there is hidden code in the song.
A "bird in a gilded/golden cage" is a woman "kept" in a nice apartment by a wealthy man, so the gilded cage, by extension, means a relatively comfortable kind of servitude or bondage.
She has all that she needs, but is held by her master, in a cage without bars or locks.
"White bird,
dreams of the aspen trees,
with their dying leaves,
turning gold."
She dreams of the beauty of a better day, even though in reality the present day wilders, and is dying. But no matter, for her dreams turn to Gold. Her Afterlife is as she always wished it to be.

Gazing at people, some hand in hand
Just what I'm going through they can't understand
Some try to tell me, thoughts they cannot defend
Just what you want to be, you will be in the end

source

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Agreed. To me it is a lot like Buddhism, "Find the Buddha within."
to a Gnostic it would be "Find the Christ within." To a Wiccan it would be "Find the Goddess within." Think about it, they are all much alike, no? It's all about finding "The Divine" within.
Once found, Ego dies, and with Ego goes Lust, Greed, Anger, Envy, Pride.....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join