It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is the Next Ronald Reagan:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Oh yes, because people who don't know every single facet of history shouldn't be able to vote! And isn't " NO basis other than some fragmented historical ideas [non-truths] pulled from Google [the GREAT Censor]" what ATS is all about? So are you saying I cannot have my own opinion because I don't know everything about Ronald Reagan? And the things I don't know about him, have nothing to do with this post!

Hmmm... pretty sure I never said you can't vote.

To answer your question; NO, pulling crap info from Google and injecting your own uneducated opinions is NOT what ATS is all about. It's about the spread of TRUTH & Information. You've already plainly stated that you know hardly anything regarding History, so for you to tell anyone how "Romney is the Next Ronald Reagan" is to infer that your statements can be discounted entirely as false.

I'm still waiting for my check!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4REVOLUTION
To answer your question; NO, pulling crap info from Google and injecting your own uneducated opinions is NOT what ATS is all about. It's about the spread of TRUTH & Information. You've already plainly stated that you know hardly anything regarding History, so for you to tell anyone how "Romney is the Next Ronald Reagan" is to infer that your statements can be discounted entirely as false.

I'm still waiting for my check!

OK I didn't say I didn't know anything about history, but it's true I don't know much since I am not a history major, and have no passion for it. This was written by a blogger not me! I added modern day stuff to it, and if you read my post you would have known that as its the first sentence on there!

Really? I have seen more BS on this site than most news sites and I can tell you ATS is not littered with truth! Most of this stuff on here is sensational BS much like the MSM and people even get debunked in their own threads. If there was any truth to most of the crap on here, ATS would have been shut down years ago!

So on top of telling me I cannot vote because I don't know anything about history you are telling me that I am not allowed to have my own opinion based on a blog post I found on Google and wanted to share it with people. I bet you wouldn't be this insulting if I had posted something positive about Ron Paul, Mr. Revolution
edit on 27-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

OK I didn't say I didn't know anything about history, but it's true I don't know much since I am not a history major, and have no passion for it. This was written by a blogger not me! I added modern day stuff to it, and if you read my post you would have known that as its the first sentence on there!

Really? I have seen more BS on this site than most news sites and I can tell you ATS is not littered with truth! Most of this stuff on here is sensational BS much like the MSM and people even get debunked in their own threads. If there was any truth to most of the crap on here, ATS would have been shut down years ago!

So on top of telling me I cannot vote because I don't know anything about history you are telling me that I am not allowed to have my own opinion based on a blog post I found on Google and wanted to share it with people. I bet you wouldn't be this insulting if I had posted something positive about Ron Paul, Mr. Revolution

I know some history and i know of him... I don't have time to look up things that happened before I was born! I'm also not a history major.... since you don't make much money studying past events. You make money creating new ones

Requoted and Highlighted your post again... As you can see, you've inferred that you're too busy making money to bother learning anything of value and importance; two things which can help your fellow man out immensely in this screwed up nation. You're obviously also to busy to READ as I can't seem to find anywhere where I said you can't vote, nor inferred that. Hmmmm...

So let me get this straight. You've taken the liberty of altering someone's blog, posting it here, admitting you know nothing about the actual History of Ronald Reagan, and then when proven to be full of it, you go and make the excuse that everywhere else is full of crap, so it's ok that you're uninformed?! Just... WOW!

edit on 4/27/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: Fixed Coloring

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4REVOLUTION
Requoted and Highlighted your post again... As you can see, you've inferred that you're too busy making money to bother learning anything of value and importance; two things which can help your fellow man out immensely in this screwed up nation. You're obviously also to busy to READ as I can't seem to find anywhere where I said you can't vote, nor inferred that. Hmmmm...

So let me get this straight. You've taken the liberty of altering someone's blog, posting it here, admitting you know nothing about the actual History of Ronald Reagan, and then when proven to be full of it, you go and make the excuse that everywhere else is full of crap, so it's ok that you're uninformed?! Just... WOW!

edit on 4/27/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: Fixed Coloring

yeah you definitely insisted that I shouldn't be voting or even posting on ATS right here just because I don't know some history about Ronald Reagan. It doesn't matter does it? This guy has researched the similarities between Reagan and Romney that I find interesting.

What do you think information and truth is as defined by the people of ATS? What posts do you consider truth? Because as far as I can tell you don't like the conclusions of this blog post so you are calling me stupid for posting it and sharing it instead of making constructive criticisms about it. That's not called being proven wrong dude, that's called you having a sensational emotional opinion about a different opinion!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

It's still viable. I've gotten plenty of opportunity in that field even during the recession.

"Even during the recession" is a moot point because the recession is still going on. But of course there you go again with your selfish attitude that I have pointed out. This country isn't about YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU. Just because your area was ripe with opportunity, though I'm sure you simply managed to get lucky out of the flooded IT market place, there were areas that had complete industries shattered and to this day, have not yet recovered. IN FACT, they are getting worse.

But obviously you don't care because you have proven through your words that you literally care about nobody buy yourself.

I never assumed any of this. Most of what you wanted to do in a hypothetical situation of course, is stupid and ridiculous by anyone's standards.

You just made an assumption, after saying you weren't assuming anything. "It is stupid and ridiculous by anyone's standards" is wrong and is a fallacy. None of those things are stupid and ridiculous by MY standards so you are proven wrong right there. Also, any other person who believes in individual choice would realize that as "stupid and ridiculous" as it might be to someone (though definitely not EVERYONE) IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK.

And nobody wants to marry their brother. If you think otherwise, you are living in lala land!

Brother and Sister want to get Married

Brother and Sister, and Lovers

And that is just a couple of brave people in public who have decided to say screw the social taboo that people have created, and come out anyway. A simple Google search will go on to tell you that in private, there are quite a many people that want to marry their siblings but cannot - and it should not be the choice of the government to step in and tell them whether or not they should be allowed to do so.

What other statements of yours can I prove wrong?

What's the difference again??? You think just because we have a different system things will be less corrupt? Really? ALL people everywhere will suddenly become happy and free and loving and peaceful and there will be utopia?

The difference is that life will be natural again, and yes, less corruption is kind of the point. There will never be a utopia short of a complete change in the mindset of everyone, but it will certainly be a better world to live in then we have today.

The only reason you don't see it is because you denote better world with material wealth, gadgets, and useless technology when it should be based more around meaningful relationships, getting to keep the fruits of our labor, and having the freedom and choice to decide when, where, and how we do things. You are blind if you don't realize that you don't have those simple things in life today.

Romney might not win, but I sure hope he does. NO Revolution is coming! And I wouldn't want your revolution to come anyway.

As I said about your opinion on change. I don't care. It is coming whether you like it or not. Your contentment is not worth the suffering of millions of others no matter how entitled your brain thinks you are. Bout time you got over it.

edit on 27-4-2012 by gwydionblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Mitt Romney is the Next Ronald Reagan

I'm sure Romney will do his utmost to make everyone think he's the next Ronald Reagan.
But he doesn't come close. Romney may be better than Obama .. but not by much.
And he certainly isn't another Reagan.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

"Even during the recession" is a moot point because the recession is still going on. But of course there you go again with your selfish attitude that I have pointed out. This country isn't about YOU YOU YOU YOU YOU. Just because your area was ripe with opportunity, though I'm sure you simply managed to get lucky out of the flooded IT market place, there were areas that had complete industries shattered and to this day, have not yet recovered. IN FACT, they are getting worse.

What's your point here. My field is the IT/business world. You are getting off topic here and I'm not sure where you are heading. Yes, I feel sorry for those people in those fields, but what do you want me to do about it? There's nothing I can do about the mess. All I can do is vote for my conscious and vote for the people who hold my values.

The difference is that life will be natural again, and yes, less corruption is kind of the point. There will never be a utopia short of a complete change in the mindset of everyone, but it will certainly be a better world to live in then we have today.

You never answered my question or proved me wrong here. How exactly would this happen under libertarian rule? Please tell me in specifics, not generalizations.

The only reason you don't see it is because you denote better world with material wealth, gadgets, and useless technology when it should be based more around meaningful relationships, getting to keep the fruits of our labor, and having the freedom and choice to decide when, where, and how we do things. You are blind if you don't realize that you don't have those simple things in life today.

But I have the freedom to like material wealth, gadgets, and awesome technology! I have meaningful relationships and I like to work in industry! It is still up to the individual in this system to make themselves viable to the world, make themselves friends to their friends and family, and be happy themselves. I am doing all of these things myself. So are you telling me I shouldn't be happy because I have succeeded where others might have failed?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Mitt Romney is the Next Ronald Reagan

I'm sure Romney will do his utmost to make everyone think he's the next Ronald Reagan.
But he doesn't come close. Romney may be better than Obama .. but not by much.
And he certainly isn't another Reagan.

Romney looks more like Gordon Gekko.

He is the perfect 99% / 1% poster boy for David Axelrod.

Mitt Romney even has off shore accounts.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

And nobody wants to marry their brother. If you think otherwise, you are living in lala land!

Brother and Sister want to get Married

Brother and Sister, and Lovers

And that is just a couple of brave people in public who have decided to say screw the social taboo that people have created, and come out anyway.

It's against social norms and even animal nature to want to be attracted to your brother or sister. But that doesn't mean a select crazy people will try to do it. They most likely were abused as children or have some sort of mental disease. But I do admit, I was wrong about nobody wanting to marry their brother...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Would just like to point out that "running the country like a business" is not only not appropriate, it is exactly what we do not want.

Keep in mind there is no "freedom" inside a business. And businesses in their most natural form are inherently, non democratic.

Support for Romney is support for larger government. He can tout all the normal conservative rhetoric, but he will not be fighting for the middle class, or the poor, from his oval office.

Romney is the rich families watchdog for their money, he is bought protection. As long as he wins, he will make sure that none of the money stolen by the rich from the poor and middle class go back to the poor and middle class.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Mitt Romney is a flip-flopping idiot.

He is no Ronald Reagan.

Ronald Reagan had charisma.

Ronald Reagan cared about people.

Ronald Reagan was a true conservative, not a Neo-Con.

Ronald Reagan would have never said "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt"

Ronald Reagan would have met both parties in the middle to get something done.

Sorry, the Republicans you thought you knew left when Bush took office. If you want corporations to keep governing our social policies than sure... vote Mitt Romney.

You say Romney is a business man, I say he was born into money and the businesses he ran straight into the ground profiting all the while.

Vote an inconsiderate, robotic, tool into office. That is your choice.

I hope you consider yourself a "True Patriot" by voting someone in who used Cayman Island tax loops.

Romney Parks Millions in Tax Havens

How the (Expletive) is that Presidential at all?

I will vote Obama just to keep that idiot out of our office. Our country would be screwed.
edit on 4/27/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
You complained that the video I linked showing his flip-flops was rhetoric, which proves to me you have zero idea who or what this guy is. He is a corporate puppet, and you can almost see the hand up his ass that controls him. He doesn't answer questions correctly because he doesn't know HOW he should answer them. He stutters because he's caught constantly between what he WANTS to say, and what he is TOLD to say. How can you not see this?

He's a Corporatist that listens exclusively to special interest groups. He actually said that he votes the way the special interest groups want him to. He's bought and paid for. Why would you support someone who does that?

I've listened to your case, I read the blog. I almost threw up in my mouth because I could see it was completely false line by line. His voting record IS his truth. And that is a sad, sad truth.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but calls itself a staunch conservative, I can still tell you what it really is. Can you not see this?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You are getting off topic here and I'm not sure where you are heading.

You are the one who made the comment about my education not being "viable" and now you try to demonize me for defending myself saying I'm going, off topic?

You never answered my question or proved me wrong here. How exactly would this happen under libertarian rule? Please tell me in specifics, not generalizations.

This is very simple. There would be less corruption because there would be less government. And the government we did have would be more effective in doing their jobs they were supposed to be doing - such as protecting the country, making sure the economy is sound, and making sure that each person has an equal shot in the markets. To be more specific would be to list every single federal government department that could and should be disbanded and every bit of personal entitlement that should be taken away from the American people.

There would be two sub groups that life would get worse for unless they changed their methods - the fulthy rich and the lazy entitled poor who live off the system. The rest of America would benefit from the chance of a sound economy, the possibility of easy entrepreneurship, and plenty of jobs available to the workforce - FOR ALL DEGREES OF STUDY.

You don't need specifics to understand how this would happen, you only need to look at history, something you have already said that you wholeheartedly ignore, to know that it is regulations against the public that kill economies and create class systems. Capitalism is not allowed to work the way it should so long as regulations are in place that support large corporations and hinder the common man and small business owner - should libertarian values take office - things like this would cease to exist and a FAIR MARKET POLICY would exist in America once again.

It is up to you to do a little bit of research to understand what that means.

But I have the freedom to like material wealth, gadgets, and awesome technology! I have meaningful relationships and I like to work in industry! It is still up to the individual in this system to make themselves viable to the world, make themselves friends to their friends and family, and be happy themselves. I am doing all of these things myself. So are you telling me I shouldn't be happy because I have succeeded where others might have failed?

No one is telling you not to be happy. You can be happy doing whatever the hell it is you want. What I am telling you is that your happiness does not hold precedence over the happiness of the rest of society, and based on the last couple of polls I saw - America is a pretty damn depressed country.

In summary, because you are happy with your current situation, you are willing to ignore the state of thousands, and possibly millions of other people who live in poverty and depression, unable to become "viable" as you say, and vote for a man that will ensure that YOU remain happy regardless of the consequences for the rest of society.

You are a selfish, egotistical person. You can remain happy yet still care. You obviously just don't give a damn about anything but yourself and your own.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And you will lose again like you did in '08. Some people just never learn.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is very simple. There would be less corruption because there would be less government. And the government we did have would be more effective in doing their jobs they were supposed to be doing - such as protecting the country, making sure the economy is sound, and making sure that each person has an equal shot in the markets. To be more specific would be to list every single federal government department that could and should be disbanded and every bit of personal entitlement that should be taken away from the American people.

Again, how will this happen? The Magic of the constitution?

The rest of America would benefit from the chance of a sound economy, the possibility of easy entrepreneurship, and plenty of jobs available to the workforce - FOR ALL DEGREES OF STUDY.

Again how????

You don't need specifics to understand how this would happen, you only need to look at history, something you have already said that you wholeheartedly ignore, to know that it is regulations against the public that kill economies and create class systems. Capitalism is not allowed to work the way it should so long as regulations are in place that support large corporations and hinder the common man and small business owner - should libertarian values take office - things like this would cease to exist and a FAIR MARKET POLICY would exist in America once again.

Yes. I need specifics. You cannot say everything will be fine and dandy with no regulations. Especially in a global society such as ours. People will want different governments and there are different systems out there. Fair Market policy??? Isn't that government? And that sounds like communism to me. Which failed because leaders got too greedy, who's to say it won't happen again? What you are describing is communism under the disguise of the free market. it doesn't work!

In summary, because you are happy with your current situation, you are willing to ignore the state of thousands, and possibly millions of other people who live in poverty and depression, unable to become "viable" as you say, and vote for a man that will ensure that YOU remain happy regardless of the consequences for the rest of society.

No, I help those that are important to me. My friends and my family. I don't give much to charities unless they are free of corruption, and I have yet found one that is NOT. So, what do you think I should do about the problem? What does caring about the rest of society mean to you? I have already acknowledged the problem, we are talking about it on here. What more do you want from me? All my money that i worked hard for? Not a chance! That makes me a hard working American, the ones you claim to be sticking up for! Not egotistical.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RowdyAmerican1

And you will lose again like you did in '08. Some people just never learn.

RP Lost too! Or did you forget that?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This isn't about RP, remember?

Try to keep on topic.

This is about Romney.

You are pro-Romney, you even compared him to Reagan. If you watched the video I linked (you know, the one that you called "rhetoric"), you'd know he was for quite some time AGAINST Reagan. Only when everyone jumped on the Pro-Reagan bandwagon did he do just that.

Flip-flop. He even flip-flops on unimportant things like Reagan. Come ON!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
This isn't about RP, remember?

Try to keep on topic.

This is about Romney.

You are pro-Romney, you even compared him to Reagan. If you watched the video I linked (you know, the one that you called "rhetoric"), you'd know he was for quite some time AGAINST Reagan. Only when everyone jumped on the Pro-Reagan bandwagon did he do just that.

Flip-flop. He even flip-flops on unimportant things like Reagan. Come ON!

Not worth posting anymore in a thread in which the OP is overly biased towards Romney, refuses to accept FACT over his OPINIONS, and shows heavy prejudice towards Ron Paul. Just check out another thread he started...

Forums or websites without Ron Paul supporters?

Ignorance is bliss.

**EDIT**

I see you've already found that one! LOL

edit on 4/27/2012 by 4REVOLUTION because: Ninja'd!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well I respect the OP's right to create such threads and all that. I mean that is up to them. I jumped in here with a video showing who he really is but that was rejected, his voting record history was rejected, and now we end up with a Reagan comparison about a guy that was anti Reagan.

If you make a claim like the title states, expect some backlash. Especially if it is complete bs.

If you are pro-Romney, show me one thing he does that doesn't suck. Just one.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm thinking willful ignorance... or paid shill.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join