Mitt Romney is the Next Ronald Reagan:

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 


I'm glad you enjoyed it. As the comic Mark Russell put it the international task force that went in to Grenada was comprised of 3,000 Marines and the Bimini volunteer fire department.

Want another? In response to a reporter asking Reagan if we were going to pay Nicaragua $70 million awarded to them by the world court for our having interfered in their internal affairs, your hero responded "We only abide by those decisions with which we agree."

And still people wonder why the world hates us!




posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I think this was a great write
up, and blog OP..

The added information was very accurate
and made it read very smoothly..

Mitt Romney has some potential,
the potential to be a REGAN like
man in office. Romney would run
this country 10x's better then Obama.
REGAN would be rolling in his grave
if he saw how this country was being
ran, raped, and pillaged for money
from the people..

The draconian laws, the IT factor
of the man screwing us over, all
the scandals.

Romney needs to get in office,
then he will have to earn that
title of being a true REGAN conservative.
I think he could be the next REGAN, lets get him
in office.


Glad you liked it. Again not my work, just the added [] brackets talking about this year's primary and the highlighted portions. Glad I can clear some things up for you. Just like Reagan earned his way when the GOP was against him as well. Romney is the same story almost. Except more business experience.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so we can look forward to double digit unemployment, a bannking scandal, and a selling arms to Iran ?


Yes! If Obama is elected...



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by roaland
I will not vote for Mitt Romney. I will not vote for someone whose own state healthcare system was used a baseline for Obamacare. I'll vote for Ron Paul even if i have to write him in! I am sick of voting the lesser of two evils, not this time, not when the Constitution is so close to going out the _ Mitt Romney will loose in a race against Obama. You can quote me on that after the election.


MItt Romney has said time and time again, he will repeal Obamacare. He said he would never do it on a national level. Has Ron Paul ever specifically stated what he will do with ObamaCare? I have never heard him specifically say he will repeal. Just how bad it is.


How many times have we been told a candidate would do this and do that. Why would he repeal Obamacare when his very state made Romneycare? More then likely, he'll just rewrite it and we'll still have a version of Obamacare only this time with Romney's name on it. I don't trust anyone to repeal Obamacare when they sponsored something so close to it in their very own state. Not a chance. You can vote for who you wish, but Romney can not win against Obama. As it stands now, Obama only needs to win one state to get the electoral College. Your entitled to your opinions friend, as i am mine, but Romney does not have the Constitution in his best interests or he never would of thought about Romneycare...



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 



And still people wonder why the world hates us!



I could care less about the world view of America which Obama has ruined btw. First we need a President who will unite America. Obama is not that person. Romney is. We are already seeing liberals and moderates going towards Romney. That's a good thing, unlike what most conservatives will tell you. We need unity first.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so we can look forward to double digit unemployment, a bannking scandal, and a selling arms to Iran ?


Yes! If Obama is elected...


read your reagan history, LOL



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland
How many times have we been told a candidate would do this and do that. Why would he repeal Obamacare when his very state made Romneycare? More then likely, he'll just rewrite it and we'll still have a version of Obamacare only this time with Romney's name on it. I don't trust anyone to repeal Obamacare when they sponsored something so close to it in their very own state. Not a chance. You can vote for who you wish, but Romney can not win against Obama. As it stands now, Obama only needs to win one state to get the electoral College. Your entitled to your opinions friend, as i am mine, but Romney does not have the Constitution in his best interests or he never would of thought about Romneycare...


You seem to be confused about how laws work, the state wanted it 90% of the state is liberal. So therefore, Romney is a liberal???? That's some great logic there!



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Conservative.

adjective

1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

Source: Dictionary.com.

Yes. Mitt Romney is indeed conservative in the fact that he very much wants to preserve existing conditions and institutions.

Sorry - the term "Conservative" has lost all meaning with Republicans these days. It is a talking point that no longer means anything that it is supposed to. Ideally, it stems from "conserving" or using less of something, which is why traditionally the Republican party was indeed the "Party of less". But you can't have less of a few things and a bunch more of other things yet still be considered "Conservative" by definition.

In all honestly, true Conservatives should be be involved with the second part of that definition "to restore traditional ones (conditions and institutions)", but the party has become so convoluted in the modern era that it no longer is anything about that and the Libertarian and Constitutionalist parties have has to step it to uphold the true "Conservative" mantle.


Mitt Romney, like all the hand picked republicans to come out of the woodwork for the past decade and a half, are all Neo-Cons, the answer to the Progressive Democrats on the other side, both having the same end goals, the same morals and ethics, and the same agendas, they just run things a tiny bit differently on the road to get there.

And by the way - it was your boy Ronald Reagan who was arguably the first Neo-con to start the chain. The man who Republicans seem to herald as a God is actually cause to a good portion of the mess we are in today, with FDR, the Progressive God responsible for the other half. It is all one big cesspool of human ignorance because most are too stupid to see through the shame that is one party politics.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

read your reagan history, LOL


I don't know much about the history but I DO know this. It took Reagan some time to get the dems to agree to any plan about the state of those numbers. You know that 1983 peak you're proud to mention? The reason it's the PEAK is that it started back DOWN then - immediately upon implementation of Reagan policy.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Conservative.
Yes. Mitt Romney is indeed conservative in the fact that he very much wants to preserve existing conditions and institutions.


IDK about you, but I pretty much like the way the world and america works today. I have freedom, my college degree, my life, my family, my friends, and opportunities waiting around every corner. I don't want to radically change the system. I have nothing to fear from this system or nothing to gain from that change.

Why do you?



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by roaland
How many times have we been told a candidate would do this and do that. Why would he repeal Obamacare when his very state made Romneycare? More then likely, he'll just rewrite it and we'll still have a version of Obamacare only this time with Romney's name on it. I don't trust anyone to repeal Obamacare when they sponsored something so close to it in their very own state. Not a chance. You can vote for who you wish, but Romney can not win against Obama. As it stands now, Obama only needs to win one state to get the electoral College. Your entitled to your opinions friend, as i am mine, but Romney does not have the Constitution in his best interests or he never would of thought about Romneycare...


You seem to be confused about how laws work, the state wanted it 90% of the state is liberal. So therefore, Romney is a liberal???? That's some great logic there!


Did they put a gun to his head and force him to talk up Romneycare and the importance of getting it passed for the betterment of the state or did he do that all on his own? So the people wrote the bill and forced him to sponsor it and parade around the state urging state leaders to get behind Romneycare and push for something that had none of his own words or ideas in it huh?



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Romney will never be president! There is no way the Sothern Baptists will come out and vote for a Mormon cult member......

Remember Obummer and his preacher?

I can't wait until someone starts pointing out how absurd some Mormon ideology really is?

God, "the physical father" came down from Kolob and had sex with Mary....


and you really think Christians will support him...

HA HA HA HA I don't think so!



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Romney will never be president! There is no way the Sothern Baptists will come out and vote for a Mormon cult member......

Remember Obummer and his preacher?

I can't wait until someone starts pointing out how absurd some Mormon ideology really is?

God, "the physical father" came down from Kolob and had sex with Mary....


and you really think Christians will support him...

HA HA HA HA I don't think so!


As a pagan, I'm gonna stand up for the Christians on this one. Why bring up someones religion? I don't care what color a candidate is, i don't care what religion a candidate is, what i care for is principles. I could care less if he worships George the Doorknob.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

Did they put a gun to his head and force him to talk up Romneycare and the importance of getting it passed for the betterment of the state or did he do that all on his own? So the people wrote the bill and forced him to sponsor it and parade around the state urging state leaders to get behind Romneycare and push for something that had none of his own words or ideas in it huh?


Since I wasn't there in Mass to answer your hypothetical questions, I'll just say this. I'm trusting Mitt Romney to repeal ObamaCare, well if the SCOTUS does it then it doesn't really matter. If the SCOTUS or Mitt Romney cannot get it done, sure I'll ridicule him for that. However if he turns around the economy and does everything else I've been talking about. Then, that's just one red mark in my book, which makes a pretty fine Presidential Record.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

As a pagan, I'm gonna stand up for the Christians on this one. Why bring up someones religion? I don't care what color a candidate is, i don't care what religion a candidate is, what i care for is principles. I could care less if he worships George the Doorknob.


He's been targeted for hanging out with and employing gay people by those on the far right. Don't care about that either.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

read your reagan history, LOL


I don't know much about the history but I DO know this. It took Reagan some time to get the dems to agree to any plan about the state of those numbers. You know that 1983 peak you're proud to mention? The reason it's the PEAK is that it started back DOWN then - immediately upon implementation of Reagan policy.


hey, you googled it no fair ! I am not proud of it, just pointing out the romance usually evoked by his name only tells part of the story. oh, and we learned the best way to answer a question in court when you are guilty is to say this: "I cannot recall"

brilliant



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think Mitt Romney is as conservative as Richard Nixon, now HE was a real republican!



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Romney will never be president! There is no way the Sothern Baptists will come out and vote for a Mormon cult member......

Remember Obummer and his preacher?

I can't wait until someone starts pointing out how absurd some Mormon ideology really is?

God, "the physical father" came down from Kolob and had sex with Mary....


and you really think Christians will support him...

HA HA HA HA I don't think so!


As a pagan, I'm gonna stand up for the Christians on this one. Why bring up someones religion? I don't care what color a candidate is, i don't care what religion a candidate is, what i care for is principles. I could care less if he worships George the Doorknob.


Religion is part of the Republican litmis test.... not mine.

Hell, most Republicans don't even know that Reagan rarely went to Church.....

This is an election and you honestly don't think that this will be an issue? If you open your eyes and mind you will realize that just because it doesn't make a difference to that others will not think about it.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77
 






Since when is a candidate who believes in lower taxes, smaller government, secure borders, energy independence, a strong military, federalism, and conservative Supreme Court justices - considered to be moderate or liberal? I challenge anyone to point to anyone of his stated policies which indicates he is liberal or moderate.



Since his track record proves he is none of the things it is claimed he believes in. Geeze don't you people ever look at track records before you buy the bullship fed to you over the media?... Romney is anything but conservative and he is no Ronald Reagan that is is just insanity to even suggest... Sigh!


edit on 26-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

Originally posted by roaland

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Romney will never be president! There is no way the Sothern Baptists will come out and vote for a Mormon cult member......

Remember Obummer and his preacher?

I can't wait until someone starts pointing out how absurd some Mormon ideology really is?

God, "the physical father" came down from Kolob and had sex with Mary....


and you really think Christians will support him...

HA HA HA HA I don't think so!


As a pagan, I'm gonna stand up for the Christians on this one. Why bring up someones religion? I don't care what color a candidate is, i don't care what religion a candidate is, what i care for is principles. I could care less if he worships George the Doorknob.


Religion is part of the Republican litmis test.... not mine.

Hell, most Republicans don't even know that Reagan rarely went to Church.....

This is an election and you honestly don't think that this will be an issue? If you open your eyes and mind you will realize that just because it doesn't make a difference to that others will not think about it.



I don't let what other people think or do effect my opinion on a subject. I make up my own mind and i could care less how other people decide to form their opinions. I speak my mind and vote on principles and ideas without really caring what the Jones Family down the street is gonna think of me. If more people thought this way we wouldn't be in half the mess we are in now my friend.





new topics
top topics
 
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join