It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney is the Next Ronald Reagan:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

edit on 4/26/2012 by BubbaJoe because: Double post

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Hypothetically speaking, I want to marry my brother (I'm male by the way) while doing lines of coc aine, hiring prostitutes for all the guests at the wedding, and then I want to take my legally purchased pair of UZIs out and shoot a boar, while not in season, to roast over the fire for the feast.

This was gold hahah! It definately made me laugh pretty hard. Excellent way to put it there!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Yes, because in 2006 the Information Technology field was in complete shambles and was not very "viable" at all. It was only the fastest growing market at the time. But then 2008 and the incompetence of our leaders to handle a crisis and because of that, four years later, we continue to hurt from it and things continue to get worse.

It's still viable. I've gotten plenty of opportunity in that field even during the recession. In 2009 I was helping turn offices into paperless systems. And I was in high school!

You assume just because someone, somewhere, at some point in time has done bad things on coc aine, and has done terrible things with automatic weapons - then maybe it is best that the rest of society be banned from having anything to do with any of it, and once again that line of thinking is wrong and UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

I never assumed any of this. Most of what you wanted to do in a hypothetical situation of course, is stupid and ridiculous by anyone's standards. Well, maybe not coc aine and the boar. But you get my point...And nobody wants to marry their brother. If you think otherwise, you are living in lala land!

There should be just reasoning for every single law applied to me, and when asked why such a law is applied - I should be able to be given a solid justifiable answer that is able to be associated with society here and now.

Really? Really? So police would be judges???? How the heck would that type of system work? This is honestly one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. The me, me, me mentality! In that system, if you shoot your mom and rape your sister all within the same time period you can go on to say that your mom was annoying you and your sister seemed really really pretty and was just asking for it. I don't want to live in a system like that. No thank you! You may leave me alone in your little freak world, but how are you supposed to keep people from taking advantage of each other under your ideal little world that will NEVER happen anyway?

Your current system spits on the virtues of everyone else as all Democracy does.

The great thing about a true free Republic is the you would be able to live your live exactly how you see fit - with your job, your friends, your college education, and all those nice things that make you happy - including your bigoted beliefs that make you feel superior than others.

What's the difference again??? You think just because we have a different system things will be less corrupt? Really? ALL people everywhere will suddenly become happy and free and loving and peaceful and there will be utopia?

When Romney doesn't win the election, and when either Ron Paul does or Revolution comes to these states - things will change. So sad that some people are selfish enough only to think of themselves.

Romney might not win, but I sure hope he does. NO Revolution is coming! And I wouldn't want your revolution to come anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Actually, Romney is the next Dukakis.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

George Bush is an idiot and he was the POTUS.

Enough said.

So what does that have to do with Romney being an idiot? Are you Obama or something?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by roaland
I will not vote for Mitt Romney. I will not vote for someone whose own state healthcare system was used a baseline for Obamacare. I'll vote for Ron Paul even if i have to write him in! I am sick of voting the lesser of two evils, not this time, not when the Constitution is so close to going out the window. Mitt Romney will loose in a race against Obama. You can quote me on that after the election.

MItt Romney has said time and time again, he will repeal Obamacare. He said he would never do it on a national level.

Looks like you didn't watch the video you quoted earlier in the thread. Because he clearly says at 5:20 in the video that he would apply what he did in Massachusetts to the rest of the country.

www.youtube.com...=306s

How many lies does it take for someone to be a liar? For me he's far over that threshold, maybe you have lower standards for that sort of thing though.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So reading this, I am assuming you want lots of laws against what you think is bad, and none against what you like. The feds should control nothing except what I want them to control. Yeah sounds like a simple uneducated, unintelligent republican, doing nothing but repeating talking points of Limbaugh. There is no constitution involved here, you want everyone to be like you and if they are not they are bad. You seriously need to expand your mind and realize all is not black and white, but there are a lot of shades of grey. In the case of our founders 2/3's of them were good enough for black people.

actually think it was 3/5's, but getting old can't remember back that far.

edit on 4/26/2012 by BubbaJoe because: poor memory

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

So reading this, I am assuming you want lots of laws against what you think is bad, and none against what you like. The feds should control nothing except what I want them to control. Yeah sounds like a simple uneducated, unintelligent republican, doing nothing but repeating talking points of Limbaugh. There is no constitution involved here, you want everyone to be like you and if they are not they are bad. You seriously need to expand your mind and realize all is not black and white, but there are a lot of shades of grey. In the case of our founders 2/3's of them were good enough for black people.

No there should be reasonable laws against reasonable things like not raping anybody you feel like, not using any drugs you feel like, and not ripping anybody you feel like off. Humans are greedy by nature. They will take advantage of the system, just as they do now. All of those things would happen under your system. The constitution does state things you cannot do as well. So you want to go back to a time where blacks and women were not equal citizens? They couldn't vote or own property during that time. Or what would the constitution say about hacking laws, environmental laws, terrorism etc...

Exactly there is shades of grey and the constitution isn't a one stop fixes all solution. There needs to be laws and there needs to be a free market! They need to work side by side to come together to solve issues! Such as terrorism, technology and environment. These things were rudimentary in the days of the founding fathers or did not even exist.
edit on 26-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

No there should be reasonable laws against reasonable things like not raping anybody you feel like, not using any drugs you feel like, and not ripping anybody you feel like off. Humans are greedy by nature. They will take advantage of the system, just as they do now. All of those things would happen under your system. The constitution does state things you cannot do as well. So you want to go back to a time where blacks and women were not equal citizens? They couldn't vote or own property during that time. Or what would the constitution say about hacking laws, environmental laws, terrorism etc...

Exactly there is shades of grey and the constitution isn't a one stop fixes all solution. There needs to be laws and there needs to be a free market! They need to work side by side to come together to solve issues! Such as terrorism, technology and environment. These things were rudimentary in the days of the founding fathers or did not even exist.
edit on 26-4-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

No I want to move forward, however the Republican Party you are touting so forcefully wants to move backwards, they want no regulations on business, want to control reproductive rights for women, wants to end affirmative action, do away with the American with disabilities Act, tax breaks for millionaires, reduce help to the poor, see low income people pay more taxes, etc etc. I honestly believe that the old rich white dude party of the Republicans would like to see people starving in the the streets of America, and after serving this country, that is something I would not like to see. Bankers do not create wealth, they manipulate it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

No I want to move forward, however the Republican Party you are touting so forcefully wants to move backwards, they want no regulations on business, want to control reproductive rights for women, wants to end affirmative action, do away with the American with disabilities Act, tax breaks for millionaires, reduce help to the poor, see low income people pay more taxes, etc etc. I honestly believe that the old rich white dude party of the Republicans would like to see people starving in the the streets of America, and after serving this country, that is something I would not like to see. Bankers do not create wealth, they manipulate it.

Well, I see you didn't answer any of my questions. You are just spouting off all of the liberal talking points right there. And most of those things are wrong, but since you won't listen to anything I say anyway, there is no point in talking to you anymore. Have a nice life in lala land.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Finally the 1 Romney supporter steps forward.
I knew there was one out there.
Hmmm, the next Reagan huh.
Well Romney lies so much I am havinbg a hard time finding a comparison, even if you are comparing him to the Reagan that was bed ridden the last years of his life with Alzheimers and a tumor the size of a volley ball on the side of his head.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Conservative.
Yes. Mitt Romney is indeed conservative in the fact that he very much wants to preserve existing conditions and institutions.

IDK about you, but I pretty much like the way the world and america works today. I have freedom, my college degree, my life, my family, my friends, and opportunities waiting around every corner. I don't want to radically change the system. I have nothing to fear from this system or nothing to gain from that change.

Why do you?

excuse me?
you like the way the world works today?

err.... no more questions, yerhonour.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It doesn't matter.

The ideals that Mitt speaks of, and has during his campaign, most likely won't mean crap if he gets in office.

I would think more people would get it by now.

They aren't going to do a darn thing they say they are.

That's why i like Paul, at least i can trust the guy.

These puppets will say anything to get into office.

I mean, since when has a decision on a VP mostly come down to what kind of voters they'll attract?

I'm surprised anyone would support this git.

But i try not to blame anyone, i guess people can just be ignorantly gullible.

RP or bust.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I know some history and i know of him. I know why he is important to the GOP, I'm not a fanatic tho. I don't have time in my daily life to google everything about every man in existence. I am a very busy college graduate and young executive. I barely have time to keep up with the daily happenings in the news as it is. So forgive me, if I don't have time to look up things that happened before I was born! I'm also not a history major, since you don't make much money studying past events. You make money creating new ones

Obviously the Elite's plan of dumbing down the Nation has worked.

I'm kidding... But really, your post is quite uncalled for. I can say for certain I know plenty of people that make a substantial amount of money [millions] that have never stepped foot inside a University, so bringing that up doesn't help your case and doesn't prove intelligence.

To waste everyone's time by starting this ridiculous thread in which you have NO basis other than some fragmented historical ideas [non-truths] pulled from Google [the GREAT Censor] and your own uneducated opinion, is downright insulting to yourself and anyone else viewing this thread; those who have actually taken time to learn their (true) History.

The ONLY things you need to know are: 1) Actions speak louder than words, and 2) Those who do not know History, are doomed to repeat it.

You're welcome! That will be $65k made out to 4Revolution's School of Thought. Cash, Check, or Credit is all accepted!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ronald Reagan is going to lose in an electoral landslide to Obama.

Seriously, this guy draws no passion in his statements, can't draw a crowd worth a damn, and is about as insider as you can get.

1. When Romney talks, the crowd falls asleep. He has trouble sounding passionate about his ideas and oftentimes will speak in a monotone drag. He is BORING!

2. He fails to draw a moderately sized crowd, demonstrating that he has no passionate base. He is the man of the party official, not the voting masses.

3. Romney is the insider's choice. Nearly all of the republican power-structure supported him or made it easier for him to win. Even with gimmicks and tricks, he almost fudged it to a NOBODY with NO money, NO power, and NO endorsements.

4. Romney was selected by Democratic strongholds. Look at the map of states he won, then look inside the states that were close. He wins by winning counties that are democratic strongholds.

5. Romney is putting even more states up for grabs than Mccain. Straight from the horses mouth, Rove&Co. created a map that showed even SOUTH CAROLINA up for grabs. Even more recent polling shows Arizona being a tossup. Republicans used to not have to worry about these states AT ALL. And when they do, their odds of winning go straight into the tank.

This man is no Reagan by any measurable standard. In fact, he is so pathetic he looks set to LOSE to a weak incumbent. I can't believe the arrogance of the Republican party for thinking that nominating a man more detached than any Democrat in the past 100 years would give them a chance to win.

PS : Ron Paul was the only chance to rip Obama's base out from under him.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wow, Mitt Romney is definetely NO Ronald Reagan, Looks like the MSM have really taken the OP for a ride, and I'll also bet you get your information from Fox News. OP its not your fault, this is what the media does to people that cant see through the lies and thier establishment to control mass amounts of people through desception.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Romney is Goerge Bush.

I like to call him Mittens though.

Romney speaks French and has surrounded himself with Bush's Foreign advisors!!!! HAHA!!

Yes, we are sure to find more WMD's under a Bushny Presidency!
edit on 27-4-2012 by MiddleClassWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4REVOLUTION
I'm kidding... But really, your post is quite uncalled for.

To waste everyone's time by starting this ridiculous thread in which you have NO basis other than some fragmented historical ideas [non-truths] pulled from Google [the GREAT Censor] and your own uneducated opinion, is downright insulting to yourself and anyone else viewing this thread; those who have actually taken time to learn their (true) History.

Oh yes, because people who don't know every single facet of history shouldn't be able to vote! And isn't " NO basis other than some fragmented historical ideas [non-truths] pulled from Google [the GREAT Censor]" what ATS is all about? So are you saying I cannot have my own opinion because I don't know everything about Ronald Reagan? And the things I don't know about him, have nothing to do with this post!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Wow, Mitt Romney is definetely NO Ronald Reagan, Looks like the MSM have really taken the OP for a ride, and I'll also bet you get your information from Fox News. OP its not your fault, this is what the media does to people that cant see through the lies and thier establishment to control mass amounts of people through desception.

Um, this is from a blog you dope! I fail to see how the MSM has anything to do with this person's and my own opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear12346

1. When Romney talks, the crowd falls asleep. He has trouble sounding passionate about his ideas and oftentimes will speak in a monotone drag. He is BORING!

2. He fails to draw a moderately sized crowd, demonstrating that he has no passionate base. He is the man of the party official, not the voting masses.

PS : Ron Paul was the only chance to rip Obama's base out from under him.

I see you only spouted off your opinions and didn't use many facts but I will address these points.

1. That is also your personal opinion I personally fall asleep when RP speaks because its the same thing every time. Bring down the fed yadda yadda yadda

2. is your personal opinions and crowd size doesn't mean anything. It's literally the last comparison Paul supporters have to make it seem like they are winning when in fact they are still in last place!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join