It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Not As Close As Gaia's Disciples Feared

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
Makes me angry to know that my country only produces 1.4 per cent of global emissions, yet we get taxed like we're the #1 villain.

CLIMATEGATE WIKI

Yep, is that not just maddening! In the end, all of the Nations are going to be taxed
to death to fund the Climate Research that is all just a bunch of hooey to start with.

They dont know what the freak they are doing, but hey, lets freaking make new taxes,
make a Carbon Credit and then put the Credits on the Stock Exchange, and
trade em!

Sounds like a goverement corruption racket if I have ever seen one.

This is a massive fraudulent scam!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I agree with you regarding the need to 'redesign society' but it will never happen without some event that drastically reduces our numbers and stuns the survivors sufficiently to be able to agree with one another.

So I guess that means a survival rate of six max!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoparrot
reply to post by petrus4

I agree with you regarding the need to 'redesign society' but it will never happen without some event that drastically reduces our numbers and stuns the survivors sufficiently to be able to agree with one another.

So I guess that means a survival rate of six max!

Population reduction is what is currently in the works. Someone else mentioned us being force fed genetically engineered meat. That is the entire point behind GM food. It's both to kill us and contaminate the food supply so that we can't continue to grow our own. They will tell us whatever lies they need to, in order to get us to accept it, but it is all the same.

And yes, it is an agenda. It goes back at least three hundred years, and possibly tens of thousands, depending on who you ask. They want to recreate the sort of system they had going in ancient Egypt, except with a much more highly concentrated elite to slave ratio.
edit on 26-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone see that this is a gamble. If you take the side that global warming is real and make all the investments only to find out that you were wrong, then all you lose is money, resources, and time.

If you choose to believe that global warming is false, and therefor do nothing, and you are wrong. You lose the planet.

It's a gamble, it amazes me how many people are willing to take that bet with their lives and the lives of future generations!

I'd rather play it safe, make the social changes nessicary to stop polluting and break our reliance on fossil fuels. Even if it turned out to not be as big a problem as thought, we would still be in a much better place socially and economically.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theorytripper If you take the side that global warming is real and make all the investments only to find out that you were wrong, then all you lose is money, resources, and time.

Actually that and a whole lot more to be honest. If they proceed with Geoengineering
the atmosphere, and find out it never needed it in the first place.

Your logic is full of holes.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Ok so we should just keep on going as we have been for the past century, business as usual. I mean after all the fossil fule industry would never manipulate this argument to their benefit, would they? If there is a conspiracy then it has to be the scientific community, because big oil is in this for the betterment of man kind.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Theorytripper because: Spelling[/

Also, I am in no way for geoengineering the atmosphere, or messing with aspects of our planet that we don't completely understand. I am for changing our energy habits, to better, cleaner technologies that will allow us to grow and prosper without poisoning ourselves or our environment.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Theorytripper because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Theorytripper

Well, I am certainly all for honest "green" when at all possible.
However the idea that the Earths Atmoshpere is warming up, and will
hit a crisis point, aka incontrovertible global warming has not been proven,
and those who spent decades calling wolf are now backing off and saying
they mad a mistake.

Yet billions, and untold trillions have been spent now, already wasted money
on something that did not exist. What do we call that.

I call it FRAUD.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Theorytripper

Doesn't anyone see that this is a gamble. If you take the side that global warming is real and make all the investments only to find out that you were wrong, then all you lose is money, resources, and time.

If you choose to believe that global warming is false, and therefor do nothing, and you are wrong. You lose the planet.

It's a gamble, it amazes me how many people are willing to take that bet with their lives and the lives of future generations!

I'd rather play it safe, make the social changes nessicary to stop polluting and break our reliance on fossil fuels. Even if it turned out to not be as big a problem as thought, we would still be in a much better place socially and economically.

Here's a little something that's even More amazing !!

Take a look at this wild gamble. All for the greater good of mankind itself of course.

Chicago has the Chicago Climate Exchange.

It's a financial Market just like the futures exchanges and stock markets.

They trade credits for Money, not for anybody's environmental protection.

The only "protection" they desire is their own money, nothing else.

This is a standard con game, nothing else.

Big money involved. Don't get suckered into the pathetic environMENTAL BeeEss.

Or the wild extremism from the maniac liberal left wing dingers who are responsible for the current financial breakdowns worldwide.

Chicago Climate Exchange

The pollution is a problem, but the Corruption is a bigger problem.

If you take the side that global warming is real and make all the investments only to find out that you were wrong, then all you lose is money, resources, and time.

Then you would agree that all proceeds should be held in escrow accounts.
When proven wrong, all proceeds will be returned to the payers, not stolen by the con artists and snake oil salesmen carpetbaggers....I mean what's right is right....Right ?

I wonder if Doctor Lovelock is willing to return the million$ of dollars he has amassed ?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Whats more dangerous?

So called man cause global warming or mans so call omnipetence that he thinks he knows everything and "trys to fix it"

Man may think he is God

But is no where near.

Global Warming or Climate change has but one goal destroy trillion dollar industries to promote green corporate fascism

Once upon a time in America a group of people ran around telling and legislating use and buy everything electric which destroyed older technology put people out of work line corporate pockets and now?

Line corpoate pockets agian rinse and repeat....

And no doomsday is not near

edit on 28-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Good point.

And sometimes the intellectual "fix it" solutions can do more damage than the "problem".

Especially when normal people end up paying big money for a dream.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Money is an intellectual construct used to facilitate trade, air and water are real commodities required for our survival.

And god forbid we do something to hurt the oil industry, I mean they have been so good to us, haven't they?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not saying we know everything and can just fix it. I'm saying if you poop in your drinking water, chances are your going to get sick...so maybe we should stop pooping in our drinking water. Maybe we should figure out some better ways fuel our society, that has a less harmful effect on the planet.

If we put as much effort into building new technologies like solar as we did in trying to drill in deeper part of the ocean for harder to get at deposits of oil we would be able to power our society in a cleaner and less expensive way.

It is not for a lack of stones that we grew out of the stone age...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Nice analogy but

They are pooping in the water and making this nation sick so much that it is destroying trillions of dollars of wealth making every single citizen in this country even more sick by trying to fix it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
/sarcasm

Or it could be there really are space going dinosaurs that are going to come back to the earth and try to eat us, but with the GMO crops and meat not to mention radiation and various other poisonings we are subjected to.....

We'll be safe from them coming back and eating us into oblivion.

Or maybe it's all just a game of which politician can kill the most of us off before Dec 21, 2012.....

Or maybe the Republicans/Democrats/Independent/Fascist/Sectarian/Oiliarchy(WTHellOtherParties) want the Resurrected Robotic Overlord Space Dinosaurs to find a dead planet.... when they come back to enslave us.

Or maybe it's HAARP making them vote the way they do.

Or maybe we'll all drown and or choke to death on industrial waste.....

Or maybe the OP has a grudge against the current President

Who can tell?

/end_sarcasm

M.

edit on 28-4-2012 by Moshpet because: Not enough sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Or maybe some scientists are no better at science and facts than your post,
which is itself, ridiculous and absurd.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It is my great hope that Nature is cyclic, and that re-wilding will happen and reverse the damage to the planet. The Pleistocene's return is a kind of hope, however literally or figuratively we take that idea. For those standing up for freedom against the New World Order, let the Cave Bear Mother be our motto!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm still buying my 2012 Ford Focus EV. It will feel nice not to have to line the pockets of countries like Saudi Arabia who treat women like they are complete dogs. That and the fact that I despise paying ridiculously high fuel taxes here in Canada.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join