It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Doomsday Not As Close As Gaia's Disciples Feared

page: 1
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Doomsday Not As Close As Gaia's Disciples Feared


www.theaustralian.com.a u

"BEFORE this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable." Had any centre-right political or religious leader made such a prophecy in 2006 they would have been ridiculed from one end of the planet to the other -- especially if they followed it up with a book entitled The Vanishing Face of Gaia: A Final Warning: Enjoy It While You Can.


(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
MSNBC
www.humanevents.com


Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Climate Change Is The New Global Terror, Says Al Gore

Bill Gates Backs Climate Scientists Lobbying For Large-Scale Geoengineering
edit on 26-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)




posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The Earth, Dr. Lovelock concedes,

has "not warmed up very much since the millennium" even though he expected us to be "half way towards a frying world" because of increased CO2.


Even more inconvenient for the cult of Global Warming,
Dr Lovelock has singled out former US vice-president Al Gore's

An Inconvenient Truth as "Alarmist".

Seems the new stance of the global warming faithful, is that they claim they need a
few more decades of data before they can say what is happening.

Funny, in maddening sick sort of way, they used to fear monger and make the
"villian" so called "deniers"
who said data was uncertain, and indeed time would tell.

Well, I'll be.....

Where does this leave all of the Dr. Stangeloves, and Bill Gates and his SRM Blimps,
and the Coalition that wants to Geoengineer the Earth's Atmosphere?


www.theaustralian.com.a u
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 





The Earth, Dr. Lovelock concedes, has "not warmed up very much since the millennium" even though he expected us to be "half way towards a frying world" because of increased CO2.


I suppose I should read the link before posting, but it's refreshing when someone can admit they were wrong.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
it's refreshing when someone can admit they were wrong.


Whew, yes just in time to stop years worth of planning on Geoengineering the planet,
the Carbon Credit Exhange, and Billions and Billions spent on just how to
apply a "sunshade" to the atmosphere.

Oh.....wait...


“In recent years there has been a decline in the support for weather modification research,
and a tendency to move directly into operational projects.”

~World Meteorological Organization, 2007 coto2.wordpress.com...



edit on 26-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by burntheships
 





The Earth, Dr. Lovelock concedes, has "not warmed up very much since the millennium" even though he expected us to be "half way towards a frying world" because of increased CO2.


I suppose I should read the link before posting, but it's refreshing when someone can admit they were wrong.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I was rather put off even seeing him on the TV earlier when Fox ran this story until I realized the same thing. He was making his statements of..Apology? Well.. Close enough if not outright. A couple others have over the years... The former head of Greenpeace, as I recall... The Weather Channel guy who got run down a rail for arguing the religion of Global Warming. There have been a few, but oh how rare they are. Most just seem to vanish and just aren't heard from in public ways.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 


I like his quote talking to msnbc:

Here’s what he says, as reported by MSNBC:

“The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing. We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books – mine included – because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened,” Lovelock said.

“The climate is doing its usual tricks. There’s nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now,” he said.

“The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time… it (the temperature) has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising -- carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that,” he added.

second link in OP

He's still afraid of the climate fascists:

This is exactly the kind of stuff that gets reasonable people denounced as the equivalent of “Holocaust deniers” by the enraged primitives of the global-warming cult. Later in the MSNBC interview, Lovelock says “I’m not a denier,” even though he did, in fact, just deny the whole rotten anthropogenic global warming con job.


You know they are in trouble now...

... rats and sinking ships and all that...

Great find BTS



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

You know they are in trouble now...

... rats and sinking ships and all that...


Yep, I'll say.


the professor admitted in a telephone interview with msnbc.com

that he now thinks he had been “extrapolating too far."


Usually we would say better late than never, but quick, someone
needs to tell David Keith, and call in the ......
levitating nano particle "sun screens"



And what is Bill Gates going to do with those SRM Blimps now?

***There goes all of those SRM pilot jobs***

edit on 26-4-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
We are ten years away from Soylent Green. If we haven't reversed course in a decade, we won't.

Global warming isn't the issue. Pollution and the current, ongoing extinction event are.
edit on 26-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
(Quote from article):

Australia, which produces 1.4 per cent of the world's carbon emissions, has no reason to inflict disproportionate hardship on itself.


I remember reading about some emails wikileaks got their hands on regarding "climategate" essentially saying that certain scientists in that field actually manipulate data, or only show findings that support the idea of climate change, and shun the findings that say otherwise. Makes me angry to know that my country only produces 1.4 per cent of global emissions, yet we get taxed like we're the #1 villain.

CLIMATEGATE WIKI



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships
 


The world is warming. We are in big trouble. The prophecies of old religions are being fulfilled through human greed.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


It may be he knows its time...(how old is he 95?) to set the record
straight before he exits stage left.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 




ongoing extinction event

What ongoing extinction event are you referring to?



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by petrus4
 




ongoing extinction event

What ongoing extinction event are you referring to?


The World Wide Web's Most Comprehensive Source
of Information on the Current Mass Extinction



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm not sure how us layman without access to all the data can determine the facts. We have big money on the Green side pushing things like carbon tax and failed ventures such as Solyndra. We have big money on the side of Oil and other Corporations that don't want to be held accountable for environmental destruction. There's claims that both sides have paid for data to be manipulated in their favor.

The only thing I can say 100% is that it doesn't hurt anything to be greener, to leave less of a mark or to be more environmentally responsible. But it could be harmful to be less responsible and most likely is.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I'm not sure how us layman without access to all the data can determine the facts. We have big money on the Green side pushing things like carbon tax and failed ventures such as Solyndra. We have big money on the side of Oil and other Corporations that don't want to be held accountable for environmental destruction. There's claims that both sides have paid for data to be manipulated in their favor.

The only thing I can say 100% is that it doesn't hurt anything to be greener, to leave less of a mark or to be more environmentally responsible. But it could be harmful to be less responsible and most likely is.


We need to completely redesign society from the ground up. If we don't, we're going to become extinct. The current social model was designed by the psychopaths, of the psychopaths, and for the psychopaths.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 


First you have to get rid of the psychopaths,then you need a new model,then you need a new plan.We have accomplished none of these objectives.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
(Quote from article):

Australia, which produces 1.4 per cent of the world's carbon emissions, has no reason to inflict disproportionate hardship on itself.


I remember reading about some emails wikileaks got their hands on regarding "climategate" essentially saying that certain scientists in that field actually manipulate data, or only show findings that support the idea of climate change, and shun the findings that say otherwise. Makes me angry to know that my country only produces 1.4 per cent of global emissions, yet we get taxed like we're the #1 villain.

CLIMATEGATE WIKI


Only 2 months to go...




posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
We are ten years away from Soylent Green. If we haven't reversed course in a decade, we won't.

Global warming isn't the issue. Pollution and the current, ongoing extinction event are.
edit on 26-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)


You waste your time. All these people will just say there is nothing going on and continue living their lives. People would rather die than change. They prove it everyday. How many people die of heart attacks after their doctor tells them to eat right? How many people die of lung cancer after year of "cancer sticks will kill you"? The examples are endless.

We just had a huge thread about mutations in the Gulf of Mexico due to the oil spill and most of these people will tell you to go drill more. It's nonsensical. I just assume they have a deathwish.



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Does this mean I can have a regular toilet now, one that goes baaaa-woooosh!?

Does this mean I can use regular light bulbs now?

What about all that money I spent in taxes and other crap, do I get that back now?

"Better late than never" Nah, can't agree with that this prick took my money by lying to other people and forcing those folks to take my money. I eagerly await him warming his grave...

I swear, people are so ready to accept an apology. "I know I put you through years of hell, and made you do horrible stressful things. But I am really sorry, I am gonna keep everything I made and you lost, but I am really sorry.

Now, if you will excuse me I am going to go buy an SUV to drive around...Oh wait, I don't have any money left. I bet I would if those damn green laws etc never existed, just like this didn't exist.

PS: Who want's to bet my "eagerly await his death" causes a stir? (I won't be responding to comments regarding it..)



posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 


You may be right, I think of all of the Genetically Modifed meat they
are making, I dont know what to call that....carp?

Of course, they state the reason we should eat that carp is because the
real meat production causes "incontrovertible warming"...
which we now know is not the case.

Which exposes Soylent Green to be an agenda rather than a "solution".



new topics

top topics



 
8
<<   2 >>

log in

join