It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Said When He Would Return to the Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Parture

how will your views change when you learn of all the "books" that were excluded from the bible, what information do they hold that you have not concidered?

P.S. your last 3 post were disgusting...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If by hell you mean free thinker surrounded by in the box thinkers. If by hell you mean people who live poorly and do not take advice on how to fix the worlds problems. If you mean hell as in being someone who is glad to help but no one cares to help. If by hell you mean real friend surrounded by back stabbers. I'm here I'm doing my sentence. How's your punishment going?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Parture

I looked at the thread and I would say you're working too hard to make your point. Here's the easy way.

Matthew 24 and the fig tree Parable.

Assuming the rebirth of the nation of Israel was a end time event as predicted in Ezekiel 37 and other prophesies then I would point out a timer started. The generation of Matthew 24-34. Or restated the average lifetime of the people being born at the time of the first event of the Apocalypse.

So as of May 15th the generation will be 64 years old at a minimum. Noe look how Psalms 90-10 defines a lifetime.

The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

70 to 80 years. So the generation of Matthew would appear has a time limit. So based on that I put the 1000 year reign of the saints as starting no later than May of 2028. But could be up to 3 years sooner. August of 2025 at the other end of the range. So the 7 year agreement of Daniel 9 should start between 2018 to 2021.

Now here is the 2nd prophecy that sets the Apocalypse as ending in the 2020's.

To answer that question you have to ask the following questions.

1."What Happened to the Jews in the first century AD?
2. Why is there such a large gap between the 69th week and the 70th week of Daniel 9?

To put it simply those questions are answered here in Malachi 4.
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And this explains why Jesus Christ flipped out on the Pharisees in Chap. 12. And why the disciples noted with surprise that he was talking to the crowd in parables.

Matthew 11.
7 And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
8 But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses.
9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

It turns out at that time Jesus Christ had realized John the Baptist was dead. And the curse of Malachi had been triggered. So then the problem was figuring out the details of the curse. So to start with you need to look at Leviticus 26. The covenant made between the Israelites and their God in the desert with Moses. Essentially it's a contract. Uphold your part of the contract as a nation and people and God will be beneficial. Don't meet your obligations and bad things happen.

Now look at the history of the last 2000 years. The death of Jesus Christ. The destruction of the temple and Jerusalem in 70AD. The 135 AD Bar Kochba revolt and the Diaspora. The various pogroms and problems with Jews with various countries. The Inquisition. WW2 and Hitler. Even the current problems with the Palestinians. So then the question becomes "Is there a long term Leviticus 26 curse in action"? And the answer is YES there is. Found it in the book of Hosea. While the entire book of Hosea appears to be devoted to describing the curse it's verse 6-2 is the important verse. The timeframe of the curse.

1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

What are the 3 days? Well, they are in the presence of the Lord. And there is 2 verses in the bible that deal with that.
Psalms 90-4
4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2nd Peter 3-8
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Those days are thousand year periods of time. It would appear the Curse of Malachi is 2000 years long. Followed by a 1000 year "day of Jezreel" as Hosea 1 puts it.

Continued in next post.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
So to put it simply. 2000 years from the death of John the Baptist puts the end of the curse in the mid 2020s.

So there is 2 prophesies that put the Apocalypse in the 2020s.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Bible thumping has been steadily getting louder 2000 years in anticipated wait. Getting antsy yet? Dont hold your breath.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Oh dear, oh dear.
I've got an on-going thread about the futility of date-setting, and now this one will have to join the list.
The flaw in this kind of calculation is the assumption that God is doing the same kind of thing, that he runs a kind of spritual tape-measure over the timeline of history, muttering to himself "I must fit this exact time-interval between that and that".
I don't believe for one moment that this is how God works.

I've also got a series of threads systematically covering the various chapters of Revelation.
Unlike you, I don't claim to understand every line (though my angriest rival thinks otherwise).
However, if you need any assistance "I am here to help you".

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parture

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

I saw a video where it took only 2 years to build. And the Temple could be built right along side the Dome so that from the Holy of Holies through the gate points directly to the mount of olives.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2012 by Parture because: (no reason given)

yea i'm sure God would be okay with that, seeing how he always had israel tear down the asherah poles, baal temple or any other worship sight.

He is not ok with it, but Rev. 11.2 says don't measure the outer court during the Tribulation. Obviously when Jesus steps down on the mount of olives He will have the Dome destroyed if not before then.

Why would he destroy the Dome? He is supposed to take charge of the Christians and the Muslims to fight against the anti Christ. Seeing how Jesus more than likely doesn't have fond memories of the Jews isn't it more likely the Temple will be destroyed instead?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

The 3rd Temple will be completed by April 20, 2016, the 3rd day inspection of the lamb. There are 2300 days (Dan. 8.14) from April 21, 2016 to Aug. 7, 2022.

The middle of the Trib (Rev. 9.1) when the Antichrist stands in the 3rd Temple is Feb. 25, 2019.

so you expect me to believe that, in four years that one of the most holy spots for muslims, the place where they claim muhammad recived his visions, will be turn over to the israelites with out a world war erupting.

actuly it would have to be less than four years in order to give time for the temple to be built.

edit on 25-4-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing. Also, I thought that I read in another post on ATS that the rapture isnt really from the bible but something contrived by someone later??

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Manunnaki

Thought I read that hell was also never specifically mentioned in the bible but was contrived later??

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
For Jesus to return at that time he'd have to already be born. Nothing is coming to earth unless it is an extraterrestrial without being born through reincarnation.

If you want to explain something please tell us how a physical deity that is a human being can walk across water. Then explain to be how this is not witchery and why hundreds of women and some men had to die during witch hunts at Salem and in England.

Those people could not walk on water. Neither could Jesus. It's time we start taking our religious faith and thinking logically for once. Rather then letting the priests of old use their deceptions that still keep us in the dark to this very day.

To show you what I mean the church knows Jesus is going to be born through reincarnation. Why do you think their is a giant statue of a pine cone at vatican sq? Yet they tell you nothing about spiritualism ie pineal gland and reincarnation.

Thought I read somewhere that the language the scriptures was written in was symbolic and we (because of organized religion) make the mistake of translating them literally. Theres a book called The Mystic Christ that presents this case well. The alternate translations I read in that book point more to Christs message being about how we are spiritual beings that never die and that the point of the crucifixion was meant to prove that. There are various other alternate translations that point to the same principles expressed by Buddhism.

I am left thinking that the church/roman govt selected the traslation that suited their agenda.

That book was an eye opener and raised profound questions for me. I highly recommend it for those questioning the motives of the church.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

As to witches, etc, and getting killed, people do horrific things to each other. You should appreciate we are all sinners in need of the Savior Christ Jesus.

The church really pushes this original sin idea. I find it to be a well thought out way to enslave people in a belief system. The idea that we are inherently sinners goes against common sense. It gives you comfort in knowing that when you do something negative that its natural and therefore forgivible only by practicing christianity. Pretty odd way to think. I know kids growing up that were from messed up (or "bad") parents that turned out to be totally different than their parents because they were raised by people (non-christians) that were very loving. There are many examples of how we are shaped and influenced to be different based on what we are exposed to as the brain developed. This suggests that we are born "sin" free and are steered by the things we are exposed to.

I was brainwashed at an early age into beleiving as you do. It was only through objective thinking, experience and research that I was set free. I find myself being happier not feeling guilty all the time. I am not as guilty of negative actions/thoughts as I was before this transformation. I only wish that others could feel as good as I do regardless of their beleif system.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
it quite simple at the end of the day the only thing you christians have is hope. religion is bought and sold and up till this day still has not delivered, i wish you patience will you wait

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

i think you need a hobby!!!
most of these obsevances didn't exist in jesus' time!
are you taking into consideration that the jews use a different calender?
our last 2 calendars are roman devices!!! (kinda like christianity!!!)
it is year 5772 in the hebrew calender.maybe you can re-do your math and work backwards from this date!
have fun,and good luck!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Parture

There is no such thing as a pre-tribulation rapture. Considering that you factored that into your prediction means that your whole prediction is off. The Rapture Cult was invented by failed Anglican priest Nelson Darby in the 1800s. It is totally unscriptural as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Manunnaki

I look into the forest and see perfection in the imperfection. What we have been led to believe as perfection is a lie. I see that our senses have been jeopardized. I will give an example with the following story.

I was trying not to hurt nature and wanted to acquire dead wood from my property for campfires and emergency heat. I had an old dead oak tree that was standing in the back that was perfect for burning to cook food on the campfire. I decided that this is ECO-friendly compared to cutting down a live tree. I got my Husqvarna out and trimmed a few low branches and started to cut make the notch. It was fall and about ready to snow. All of a sudden a flying squirrel came out of a hole in the tree and crawled onto a branch. It looked at me with groggy eyes and glided down to the ground. It looked back at me and scooted into the woods. I now had to finish cutting the tree since the notch was very deep and a wind would knock it down.

The inside of the squirrels home was lined with some sort of green moss. His heat kept this moss alive and helped to keep the nest smelling sweet. I saw evidence that he had spent time remodeling his home and that I had destroyed his chances of a comfortable winter lodging. I had seen in his big eyes something that stirred my awareness of nature to a different level. My understanding of ECO friendly was not the same as natures. I have since become more aware that nature is about as perfect as it can be. Even an old dead tree is a creation of god. It's purpose did not end after it died. What it had created had lasted long after it had left this world. So has the story of Jesus.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
reply to post by rickymouse

Look around you do you see a perfect creation? therefore the creator must not be perfect and if the creator is not perfect then his physical counterpart is not going to be. That's why we need to apply logic. btw did anyone know that Jesus killed before traveling to the east to learn spirituality?

I do see a perfect creation! All is perfect. Our free will is what has corrupted things. Outside of that, yes, the world is perfect.

So, I am guessing that you do not believe that Jesus Christ is your savior and redeemer; correct? The reason I am asking this question is because you are making very snide remarks concerning Him. My advice is to fear the one that created you and gave you life for He can surely take it away. It is important to give thanks, prayer and glory to God the Father in Heaven. If not, them I feel sorry for you. Don't feel sorry for me though. I am filled with God's love and that is why I replied to your comments. I don't want you to make the biggest mistake you could ever make; blaspheming the name of God and His sacrifice He made for you and everyone else.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Parture

"Very simply He returns on the 2,520th day (end of Daniel's final seven) from when the Tribulation starts. 2,520 is the smallest number divisible by all numbers from 2 to 10 as a basic prophetic working unit, and it is 7 years x 360 days per year."

Sorry I haven't got time to read the whole thread and see if anyone else has pointed this out yet but there are 365 days in a year, not 360. 366 in a leap year too

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Even though I am not as "Eco" minded as you, I did appreciate that story. Thank you for sharing it!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
it's too bad what they did to the bible, could have been a good thing if not for being written to control and manipulate the masses. it's akin to putting rapists in charge of the virgins and it continues to this day. i feel sad for all the people who read and quote much of it, although some good things remain, it's but a hollow remnant of what the original teachings were.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stooge247
reply to post by Parture

"Very simply He returns on the 2,520th day (end of Daniel's final seven) from when the Tribulation starts. 2,520 is the smallest number divisible by all numbers from 2 to 10 as a basic prophetic working unit, and it is 7 years x 360 days per year."

Sorry I haven't got time to read the whole thread and see if anyone else has pointed this out yet but there are 365 days in a year, not 360. 366 in a leap year too

I see where your confusion is. I do not agree 100% with the OP, but let me explain something for you. In the Old Testament they used the Levitical/Lunar Calendar which has 360 days in it. In the New Testament they used the Gregorian/Solar calendar which is 365.24 days. Being that the OP is dealing with a prophecy from Daniel he is correctly using 360 days because that book is in the Old Testament. In order to figure out the correct time of the prophecy you have to convert the number given in the prophecy to a Solar Calendar.

That is simple to do. 360 / 365.24 = .9857 .So take the number given in the Old Testament and multiply it by .9857 and you will get the number to use to count from the beginning of the prophecy to find the end. This is very important concerning prophecy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join