It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News WTF??!!??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here's the thread from a couple of weeks ago about this story for anyone interested .
American scientist admits the existence of Reptilians
Oh and the American scientist doesn't admit the existence of Reptilians .

Fear Me

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If I may ask, when was the air date of this news cast?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by sam_inc

There were a few threads posted on this...here's one...

"Claim: Advanced dinosaurs may rule other planets"

Smith just Fox'd it up is all. Pretty much, it is theorized that if life begins similarly on other planets and said theoretical other planets never had an event that brought the dinosaurs (reptileesque species) to their demise (as it seemingly occurred on Earth), thus allowing primates/mammals to assume the top rung of evolutionary advancing, then theoretically, they could become the more evolutionary advanced species.

Where the imagination goes from here however, is solely one's own choice.
edit on 4/25/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

That about sums it up. I suspect, (not really... I'm sure) that the Fox clip has undergone some surgery, even though the story was being hammed up by Fox, in their attempt at humour, anyway.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I get the feeling that its just some light hearted humour that they threw out there for us.

I remember reading about a zombie outbreak,or what to if one happened,from a very serious U.S. organisation but was not supposed to be taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What if they were really like this?

edit on 26-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: Trying to get mobile formatting correct

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

A new study eh? By who? Tin foil hat University?

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. I mean honestly, how can they rationally predict which any degree of certainty that the most common type of alien would be "dinosaur like"... I would like to see this so called study.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Pretty much, it is theorized that if life begins similarly on other planets and said theoretical other planets never had an event that brought the dinosaurs (reptileesque species) to their demise (as it seemingly occurred on Earth), thus allowing primates/mammals to assume the top rung of evolutionary advancing, then theoretically, they could become the more evolutionary advanced species.

That would first require that most life bearing planets out there are suitable for dinosaur-like life to evolve. It also assumes that even if the conditions are right, that evolution will only ever happen in one predictable way. Study fail.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sleep Tight?

LOL.

Think that was on the teleprompter?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Whenever the MSM makes a sketchy announcement, like this, I like to take the complete opposite into consideration. Which makes perfect sense to me, the ET's are benevolent. Thanks FOX News!!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is kind of off topic but....

This actually reminds me of a weird "end of the world" dream I had when I was a kid. The dream started with them announcing on the news that a meteor had fallen to earth, the media went out to investigate it and it was the size of a baseball. The thing made a high-pitched screeching sound. Eventually more and more were falling. The scientists figured out it was because a space dragon was coming..... this space dragon happened to be bigger than the entire earth. They showed an animation of it breathing a giant breath of fire that engulfs everything on earth and if that wasn't bad enough, the power of it blows us directly into the sun.

The whole time the face of god and the devil were in the sky like two moons. God was seated so that we only saw the back of his head. The devil was facing out but he was sleeping. I walk outside and he opens his eyes and looks at me me. He says, "Do you know me?". I reply no, and he says, "You will."

So I freak out and go back inside to watch the news. It says more meteors are falling and the dragon is coming. The screeching starts and I wake up like what the hell was that.

On topic...

It is funny FOX reported something like this. "We'd be better off NOT meeting them." Be good everyone, or TPTB will unleash the space dinosaurs!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ha that's funny since FOX news
is a dinosaur as well.
Teetering and about to fall into oblivion .
Dying throws bring whack stories.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
More like, Be Good, everyone, else we'll show you who we really are..

Muwahahhaha!!!1one!

something like that.

My grandfather (who was in the Air Force at the Nevada test site and DID see things) told me that surprisingly, these things are true but not in the way portrayed. They tell the truth but they tell it in a lie. Hiding in plain sight is a requirement for them to perpetrate and continue operations. Total deception is "against the rules" as it were. We are supposed to have free will at the conscious and subconscious level to either rise above the deception and see things as they really are, or believe the deception and be dragged down.

He was a smart man, apparently who saw amazing things on his tour of duty. I prize what I learned from him both directly and indirectly.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
seriously people, what the hell is going on? Remember this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... Now this?? I don't know about you all, but i believe something really strange about to happened this year

edit on 25-4-2012 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

i think i may have thought about this once, like if the dino's hadn't all died, where would they be now?

how smart would they be?

maybe crocodiles are very intelligent, as well as cockroaches, but they are so in tune with nature that they don't care about communicating with people, and aren't interested in the same stuff as us?

anyone ever watch men in black? good movie

but seriously, i would LOVE it if Fox News decided to put more things like this on, its a massive step up from what they normally air.

i like news like that... well, thats why im on ATS

other than the fact that i believe the freedom is stronger here.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
What if they were really like this?

edit on 26-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: Trying to get mobile formatting correct

wow! the animation is EXACTLY like captain planet.

why did i never see this before?

i think its weird how some people see dinosaucers, and some see captain planet.

some see roco's modern life, and some see REAL monsters

some see Zaboomafoo, and some see the Amanda show

some see keenan and kell, and some see rugrats

why is like usually like, one or the other?

maybe the higher ups air cartoons and t.v. shows to whoever they want in different combinations to create a different mindset in kids while they are still growing up?

passive brainwashing at its finest? ever see that picture of "hey arnold" and theres "cat dog" in the comics, even though the show wasn't created yet?

creepy stuff!

well all i have else to say about the dinosaurs in space is this:

Yip Yip Yip Yip Yip Awww haww Awwww hawwww.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

It would be an honor to be eaten by a dinosour

More like the other way around, I bet roasted dinosaur is mmmm gooood!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It would appear someone has been watching way to many "V" reruns.

Or just maybe the asteroid didn't kill "all" the dinosaurs after all. Maybe the smart ones saw it coming and left. now they are comming back to re-claim their home planet.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Funny and interesting. Disney/Pixar has a dinosaur project in the works called Good Dinosaur. Hmmmm... The plot thickens.

What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? This hilarious, heartfelt and original tale is directed by Bob Peterson (co-director/writer, "Up;" writer, "Finding Nemo") and produced by John Walker ("The Incredibles," "The Iron Giant").

www.comingsoon.net...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There is actually a Star Trek voyager episode where dinosaurs evolved, escaped earth, and live as a nomadic space faring race.

Star Trek Voyager: "Distant Origin"
www.imdb.com...

Storyline A saurian scientist finds the remains of a Voyager crewman who died on the planet where the crew was exiled by the Kazon during the two-part episode "Basics". An analysis of the remains' DNA shows links to his own DNA. While tracking and studying the Voyager crew, the scientist and his aide are discovered; they eventually pool their knowledge and conclude that the saurian is an evolved dinosaur from a species that left Earth more than 65 million years earlier. The scientist is thrilled to be able to prove his Distant Origin theory (that his saurian race originated elsewhere in the galaxy), but the rulers of his society place him on trial for heresy against the doctrinal teachings of their heritage, the central tenet being that they originated in the Delta Quadrant. The outcome of that trial threatens the Voyager crew as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I wouldn't go as far to say that it's reporting. LOL

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Originally posted by dashen
A new study eh? By who? Tin foil hat University?

This theory was ripped off from an episode of Star Trek Voyager.

Seriously though, it's nice that fox employs the mentaly retarded.
edit on 25-4-2012 by dashen because: (no reason given)

ACS News Service Weekly PressPac: April 11, 2012
Could “advanced” dinosaurs rule other planets?

“Evidence for the Likely Origin of Homochirality in Amino Acids, Sugars, and Nucleosides on Prebiotic Earth”
Journal of the American Chemical Society

Ronald Breslow*
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10024, United States
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134 (16), pp 6887–6892
DOI: 10.1021/ja3012897
Publication Date (Web): March 25, 2012
Copyright © 2012 American Chemical Society

New scientific research raises the possibility that advanced versions of T. rex and other dinosaurs — monstrous creatures with the intelligence and cunning of humans — may be the life forms that evolved on other planets in the universe. “We would be better off not meeting them,” concludes the study, which appears in the Journal of the American Chemical Society.

In the report, noted scientist Ronald Breslow, Ph.D., discusses the century-old mystery of why the building blocks of terrestrial amino acids (which make up proteins), sugars, and the genetic materials DNA and RNA exist mainly in one orientation or shape. There are two possible orientations, left and right, which mirror each other in the same way as hands. This is known as "chirality." In order for life to arise, proteins, for instance, must contain only one chiral form of amino acids, left or right. With the exception of a few bacteria, amino acids in all life on Earth have the left-handed orientation. Most sugars have a right-handed orientation. How did that so-called homochirality, the predominance of one chiral form, happen?

Breslow describes evidence supporting the idea that the unusual amino acids carried to a lifeless Earth by meteorites about 4 billion years ago set the pattern for normal amino acids with the L-geometry, the kind in terrestial proteins, and how those could lead to D-sugars of the kind in DNA.

“Of course,” Breslow says, “showing that it could have happened this way is not the same as showing that it did.” He adds: “An implication from this work is that elsewhere in the universe there could be life forms based on D-amino acids and L-sugars. Such life forms could well be advanced versions of dinosaurs, if mammals did not have the good fortune to have the dinosaurs wiped out by an asteroidal collision, as on Earth. We would be better off not meeting them.”

portal.acs.org... &__uuid=2e8054fb-29fb-43b2-a66b-85313c461873

edit on 4/26/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: quote

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join