It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help convincing my family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I, like all of you, fully believe 9/11 was an inside job. I have talked it to death with my parents, at least everything I know and they think im full of it. What is some sure fire way I can convince them?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Start by showing them the multiple threads about it and various hour- 2 hour long videos on it showing the facts and having the experts talk about it.

Dont try and change their view points but just to educate them with your views and let them have an open mind about it and judge for themselves what happened.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

Not everyone here believes 9/11 was an inside job and unfortunately for your wants your parents my never believe that either. If this is something you really want to debate with them, I would pull up the evidence that makes you believe that most that 9/11 was an inside job. When first sharing this knowledge with them, do not pull up the most scientific evident. Pull up the simple things that make people start questioning the OS. If the simple things make their minds wander, they will be able to do their own research and formulate their own opinions of what really happened that day. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, though and they may listen, research, and still believe what they believe.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. I feel your pain, trust me I do. I get into debates with my mom every other day on topic concerning the government, 9/11 and the wars currently going on. People are going to believe what THEY want to believe, The best you can do is give them all the information you have and let them sort it out on their own. My mom is really old school born in the 1940's. She knows deep down inside that I am correct but she doesn't want to hear it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky

Dont try and change their view points but just to educate them with your views and let them have an open mind about it and judge for themselves what happened.

This here is key. Educate them the best you can. At the end of the day, they need to evaluate the evidence and reach their own conclusion. The second you start telling them they are wrong, or close minded ( or anything else), realize you are causing them to block you out.

Present the evidence, and let the evidence speak for itself.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Daemonicon because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Building 7

But do not assume that by "all of us" that means everyone here on ATS agrees that it was an inside job as that would be incorrect.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I, like all of you, fully believe 9/11 was an inside job. I have talked it to death with my parents, at least everything I know and they think im full of it. What is some sure fire way I can convince them?

Exactly how is it that they respond to you? I can't imagine that they just blurt out "you're full of it". Did you ever consider that they may be correct? Do you think they are too dumb to understand simple evidence? If not then you must consider the possibility that what you are presenting may not be true.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know the feeling man.

Its difficult to come to the realization that your family has been effected by the governments virus and now they are braindead zombies who can't think for themselves.

The cure is there but you gotta beat it into them if you wanna save them from the sickness.

Watch the movie "They Live". It will show you how much you have to fight to get others to know the truth.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Just say this.

2 planes.
Hit 2 buildings.
3 buildings fell down.

Can you explain that? When they can't....because no one can. Not even NIST....then move onto the other parts of your argument.

Make them give you answers on the topic, that do not have answers.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I agree!!!

WTC Tower #7 is the most simplistic and telling point of the entire 9/11 conspiracy.

After that quick and easy proof, try the documentaries "Fahrenheit 911" and "Loose Change".

Peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You would be telling them something that they already know is not true.

Why bother?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Are you trying to convince them of some kind of conspiracy

or are you trying to explain to them that an airliner cannot destroy a skyscraper 2000 times its own mass.

The conspiracy side of the so called Truther Movement contains a lot of wackos and even the "rational" theories are mostly speculation.

Fiziks is Fundamental!

www.youtube.com...

psik

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Start with the truth. Truth can not be dispelled.

It was NOT an inside job.

Start there.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Inside job, outside job...

Nut jobs?... crazies?...

Throw OFF-TOPIC and personal attacks all you like.

You are only ignoring what I said.

• Why did WTC #7 collapse? NO plane hit it.

• Why did WTC #7 collapse in an identical fashion to a controlled-demolition implosion?

I am not discussing anything else. I have no agenda to promote. Is this crazy to question WTC #7?

Peace.

edit on 4/25/12 by Sahabi because: Changed word "nothing" into "no plane"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

• Why did WTC #7 collapse? NOTHING hit it.

it was hit by the collapse of the north tower. so that is false. You probably are cognizant of that fact, so in that case, your statement would be a lie. In case you are ignorant of that fact, it would serve you well to read some of the threads about building 7, or just the Wikipedia page.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

Make them give you answers on the topic, that do not have answers.

In other words, ignore any answers that don't fit the silliest of the conspiracy theories- controlled demolition.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FenderWolf
What is some sure fire way I can convince them?

Get a Phd in structural engineering and with a focus in dynamic modelling of unstable structures, and then show them your doctoral thesis.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

Firefighters For 911 Truth has dedicated an entire page with evidence illustrating that WTC #7 was a result of controlled-demolition.

The WTC #7 conspiracy page on Wikipedia says this:

In 2009 a paper by nine scientists described their discovery and chemical and physical analysis of small "red/gray chips in all the samples we have studied of the dust produced by the destruction of the World Trade Center," which were collected at four separate sites. Such chips "have apparently not been discussed in previously published reports. It is worth emphasizing that one sample was collected about ten minutes after the collapse of the second Tower, so it cannot possibly have been contaminated by clean-up operations." "We conclude that the red layer of the red/gray chips we have discovered in the WTC dust is active, unreacted thermitic material, incorporating nanotechnology, and is a highly energetic pyrotechnic or explosive material." Others have analyzed 9/11 dust samples and reached similar but more extensive conclusions.

P.S.
English is not my only language. I'm sorry. I wrote the word "nothing" but in my mind I was thinking "no plane". The amount of debris that struck Tower 7 and the fire could not cause a building to implode on its own footprint at near free-fall speed.

Continue on with the personal attacks, or acknowledge what I am discussing. Please talk to me with respect, I find it more pleasant. We're both humans here, part of the same mankind family.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
First, you can not force someone to be objective or convince someone of something they do not wish to discuss. You should only engage people who are willing to openly discuss this topic with you. You are better off not discussing this topic with people who are not ready or willing to review the evidence with an open mind.

You should research it yourself thoroughly also. As to not add to the confusion by stating too many of the different theories or trying to explain unverified evidence. It's always a good method to explain and expose the possible motives for a suspect to commit such a crime.

Explain some of the details that happened before 9/11. Explain the origins and the connections between the CIA, Bin Laden, Saddam Huessien, Al Qaeda, Suadi Arabia, the Bush family, Larry Silverstein, PNAC, NWO, WTC insurance policy and asbestos problem, "put options" by banks in the stock market on airlines.

There are many ways you can approach the events of 9/11. But it makes no difference if you don't explain why this might have happened. You need to show some history and explain a motive. Explain what a false flag event is. Discuss Ruby Ridge, Waco, Oaklahoma City, Iran/Contra affair, first Iraq war, Gore/Bush elections.

It's all relevant material. It really takes a lot to open someones eyes. Explore the subjects of controlling the masses by the media and marketing. The creation of the Federal Reserve, the Great Depression, the true history of WW1 and WW2. The history behind the war monger Bankers, capitalism and communism.

You really need to take your time and discuss the other aspects of politics and history to get them to open up their mind to idea that they might want to take a second look at the evidence from 9/11. Most of all it's probably best to not overwhelm anybody with too much at once. It will take time and many discussions. Eventually they may be open minded to exploring the other theories and re-examining the evidence.

I will post a few videos that might help you. I recommend you watch them by yourself first and take notes of key points you think are important. These videos are very long and not everybody can sit through a 5 hour video.

This video is a starter to the NWO

This video details the events of 9/11 and much more

This video shows the way big corporations and the government has tried to control and guide society

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wow I got a surprising amount of responses, ive read EVERY one of them thru and I thank you all very much for the help.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join