It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm considering doing a Ouija board with my friends

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm still very young, but I am intrigued about Ouija boards and how they worked.
I want to try one to try and find out more stuff but it's the demonic side that scares me.
I was considering doing this with some of my friends.
My dad told me he has done it before but with somebody who was experienced and who was a medium. He said he spoke to his Mum and he was sure it was his mum because it spelt out things that the medium would not know. He also said that the medium's daughter was there (who died when she was 2) and did a 'party trick' which she does every time the medium has somebody round. She started lifting the table around the room and my dad said it was real and he wasn't doing anything.
I want to try doing one, but I don't have the money to go to a 'pro' so I was considering doing it with my friends???

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Following its commercial introduction by businessman Elijah Bond on July 1, 1890,[3] the Ouija board was regarded as a harmless parlor game unrelated to the occult until American Spiritualist Pearl Curran popularized its use as a divining tool during World War

en.wikipedia.org...

Who knows though? Might be fun.
edit on 25-4-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Also I realise there is a risk with Ouija boards, what about pendulums?
- Is that meant to be spirits controlling the pendulum?
- Is there risks in using a pendulum to ask questions?
- How do I use a pendulum or what can I use instead? (I don't have a pendulum)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Arrrr just go for it, tis only a piece of plastic/wood, lemme know I'd there's any paranorm goin on

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

do not go near it or you will regret it

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by vister74

I'm not sure what to do, there's a mixed view on ouija boards.
What do you know about pendulums?

link   
reply to post by jNormal

Any of the MYSTICS activities like ouija opens your soul/internal energy/spirit to potential non positive entities-beings-interdimensionals-demons who may wish to take advantage of you. Even if they can only get a glimpse into the modern realm for a few seconds the energy you give them may be unwanted. I am not saying don't do it,I don't recommend it unless your spirit/soul/internal energy is strong enough to FIGHT the unwanteds off. Good luck what ever you do and be safe.
edit on 4/25/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

link   
It's really up to you, but I would never ever try it in my life.
I've heard several ouija bord gone bad stories only a few with deaths though.
The board itself is not dangerous, but the form of communication that you are attempting often is.
Most often the spirits whom are contacted through the Ouija are those whom reside on 'the lower astral plane.' These spirits are often very confused and may have died a violent or sudden death; murder, suicide, etc. Therefore, many violent, negative and potentially dangerous conditions are present to those using the board.

I wouldn't try it, if I were you.
But that's my opinion

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

I personally don't advocate possibly opening doorways in the first place, but with what I've seen I'd say to couch it as a test. Blindfold all the Ouija (or other 'divinatory') participants while recording the session on video and having an external witness observing as well.

Let us know what kind of results you get, if you decide you want to go forward with it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It has been proven to be FAKE. their has been numerous college and university studies on how it works and it is just a trick of the mind that can be explained with science..

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ouija boards are like picking up a phone and dialing a random number if there are no spirits hanging around you already.

If you explore this route, look into some sort of protection or prayer before doing it.

You just dunno what might or might not happen, but it much better to be safe than sorry later on.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
It has been proven to be FAKE. their has been numerous college and university studies on how it works and it is just a trick of the mind that can be explained with science..

I have a very simple question for you.

Do you believe people can contact spirits?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity

Quick note - just because alternate explanations do exist in at least some cases does not mean those same explanations apply in ALL cases.
edit on 4/25/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
go ahead and do it, ive done it and didnt see #. its just a toy there are no demons. on the other hand, the mind is a powerful thing and it will create visions, sounds, smells, feelings, whatever you subconsciously believe. but they only exist in your mind.

you are going to get alot of responses from religious wackos saying, DONT DO IT! THE DEVIL WILL GET YOU!

thats how religions control you, through fear.

have even more fun by drawing a large pentagram on the floor and 666 in blood on a mirror.

if this crap really worked dont you think governments and bussineses would be using them to gain more power?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

I think the Gov already does, on a much more complicated level than ouija.

It is also well known that Reagan consulted astrologers etc.

So yep, Gov does.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Use the search function here on ATS and look for ouija threads...lots and lots of them. I'm not going to repeat all the things I've posted previously about why you should NOT!...mess with ouija boards. Please do your own homework and u2u me if you have any queries. I will be more than willing to help but I don't want involved in a thread debate.

Cait x

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I have not had any experiences with Ouija boards, but have heard stories of friends using them before. One friend claims to see an apparition of an old plantation owner occasionally. Another claims to feel a presence over their shoulder every second of every day. My advice? STAY AWAY!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ouija boards have a history of opening portals for spirits from other dimensions...

But you'll never know unless you try.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

Do you have any sites or anything to back this up? I would be interested in reading about how they are not real, mostly because I have friends who have done this first-hand and have some very paranormal occurrences.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've done it before, and I'll admit, there was a moment where my hands felt paralyzed, and my fingers went numb. But keep in mind, it's just a Hasbro board game... there's no guarantee your really channeling anything. If I were you, I would choose a paranormal "hotspot" and do it at night. It's nothing to be afraid of, but might actually be a memorable experience. It depends on the atmosphere. I say, go for it... man the f*** up. Lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join