It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm considering doing a Ouija board with my friends

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Originally posted by definity
It has been proven to be FAKE. their has been numerous college and university studies on how it works and it is just a trick of the mind that can be explained with science..

Quick note - just because alternate explanations do exist in at least some cases does not mean those same explanations apply in ALL cases.
edit on 4/25/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)
No not alternative. It's the only explanation. It is all science and psychology. No spirits, No daemons, No souls... End Of.

The fact it was made by a CON MAN and has been proven to be Science should halt this conversation any further.
edit on 25-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ask to speak with Valac, will be very responsive to you! Let me know how it goes.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

Well, I know you are wrong in your assessment.
But that is just me and what I know. Far be it from me to change your perspective.

I have used the board a few times through-out my lifetime, with mixed results, but I can say that when a spirit is present and moves the pallet, you know it is not you. There is a distinct feeling of energy when the pallet moves, much like static electricity or magnets pushing and pulling.

I know from experience.

I have been there when it moves, and when it does not move and you get no response.
That is not to say that some people don't move it just to freak the other people out, but there are times when it is a real spirit.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think the OP is making the right choice not to play with it as they are inexperienced and do not want to accidentally start something they do not have the knowledge to deal with.

Even with the knowledge on how to deal with spirits, sometimes there are things way beyond human minds to understand. Dangerous?

Maybe, I am still alive though.

As my path has taken me into direct contact with the spirit world, I come from a place of experience and I still don't know what is happening half the time. I don't think anyone does, we just kind of find how it fits into our own views of the world we live in.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yeah. Id like to jump out of a plane without a parachute too...to see what happens.

DONT! Please. Please. IT IS NOTHING TO FOOL WITH. Belieive me. IT IS NOT A TOY.
Dont.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by jNormal

Any of the MYSTICS activities like ouija opens your soul/internal energy/spirit to potential non positive entities-beings-interdimensionals-demons who may wish to take advantage of you. Even if they can only get a glimpse into the modern realm for a few seconds the energy you give them may be unwanted. I am not saying don't do it,I don't recommend it unless your spirit/soul/internal energy is strong enough to FIGHT the unwanteds off. Good luck what ever you do and be safe.
edit on 4/25/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Sorry - but that is such a load of crap. You are no more or less protected from "bad spirits" right now than you are if you decide to use a Ouija board. All the Ouija board does when it works, is set up something for your unconscious to work with. If you want to speak to anyone on the other side, you can just as easily close your eyes, meditate and ask questions that way. The trouble is, it's not as easy. The Ouija board simply gives people something concrete to work with, to project the answers onto. If you're really that worried, just say "I decree that only benign entities as evolved or more evolved than myself may contact me." Any 'bad spirits' are drawn to you by your belief in them.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
Also I realise there is a risk with Ouija boards, what about pendulums?
- Is that meant to be spirits controlling the pendulum?
- Is there risks in using a pendulum to ask questions?
- How do I use a pendulum or what can I use instead? (I don't have a pendulum)

The pendulum is, by default, your own intuition moving it. This doesn't mean it's a hoax or a scam because it's actually a great way to find out what you really know. This is how it is "divining". It's the same way Tarot works, in general. Of course, there is a caveat in that statement and that is that you can conjure help with divining in any divination tools. You can summon help with a pendulums and you can request the presence of spiritual denizens with Tarot (my favorite method).

However, with Ouija, there seems to be a bigger "hijacking" rate than with other forms. For this very reason, I've never touched one. Even the most skilled spiritualists I know have had uncontrollable experiences with the Ouija.

My recommendation, if you are just wanting to dip your feet into something you completely (can) control, I'd suggest getting some real books on Tarot and other divining methods. If you find you can master these pretty well and that you are not too much of a conduit, then maybe give the Ouija a try.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The time is now.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Please don't. It took me a year to clean up the mess I made.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Well, I know you are wrong in your assessment.
But that is just me and what I know. Far be it from me to change your perspective.

I have used the board a few times through-out my lifetime, with mixed results, but I can say that when a spirit is present and moves the pallet, you know it is not you. There is a distinct feeling of energy when the pallet moves, much like static electricity or magnets pushing and pulling.

I know from experience.

I have been there when it moves, and when it does not move and you get no response.
That is not to say that some people don't move it just to freak the other people out, but there are times when it is a real spirit.

I know the things you felt because science has documented them...

It's called the Ideomotor effect (Wiki ) It basically means you think your not moving something but you are. also another thing that will leave will prove this is fake is "Derren Brown: The Seance" In fact that is the most single thing that will show you that contacting dead people in any form is all fake, never give anyone money or your time to these con men to do it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

There are frauds and fakes,and then there are the real deals.
I won't try to convince you though.
Your mind is already made up.
I can point you to a thread where I contacted someones former friend,
but something tells me even then,
after reading what was said in public, you will still deny it

but here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can only see what happened in public, and the response,
but that is about as much proof as I can supply you.

The rest was private.

But it WAS documented here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
go ahead

the only time anything happens is when someone cheats

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

I recommend you don't even touch it. You'll regret it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is up to you but be prepared for what may follow you if you do.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

No not alternative. It's the only explanation. It is all science and psychology. No spirits, No daemons, No souls... End Of.

The fact it was made by a CON MAN and has been proven to be Science should halt this conversation any further.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is - your opinion.

As you should be able to tell from my previous post, I definitely do not believe all supposed paranormal experiences or communications with other entities are genuine. But I also do not believe that none of them are.

And that's just MY opinion, granted - but to try to argue that you know absolutely one way or the other the reality of all claims will be nothing less than an exercise in futility, for several reasons - and despite your feeling and intent, is quite the opposite of denying ignorance.

Take care.

edit on 4/26/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is - your opinion.

As you should be able to tell from my previous post, I definitely do not believe all supposed paranormal experiences or communications with other entities are genuine. But I also do not believe that none of them are.

And that's just MY opinion, granted - but to try to argue that you know absolutely one way or the other the reality of all claims will be nothing less than an exercise in futility, for several reasons - and despite your feeling and intent, is quite the opposite of denying ignorance.

Take care.

edit on 4/26/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

LOL at opinion, which part of "Scientific Fact" do you not think is correct?

Opinion and "Scientific fact" are 2 different words/phrase's completely, which defines them as 2 different meanings.

I did not say opinions I said "Fact" which is defined by Dictionary.com as the following:

"something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact"

The Fox sisters are the women who invented the the Ouijia board, And after they played their con one of them even admitted it was psychological fraud. But Con Men/ Mediums carried it one to make money and which by the time it spread it was too big to be denied as a lie. hence why people now think it is real.

edit on 26-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I'll give the OP my honest opinion and recent experience involving a ouija board(beginning of April). I always wondered if these things actually work. This is kind of a long story, but read it, and form your own opinion on whether a Ouija Board works or not:

My college friend moved into a house with 4 other friends. Strange noises and things happened in the house, a lot of emotional duress, people got depressed, people talked suicide(me including, for one night and it was really freaky and it passed the minute I was outside of the house), I fell down a flight of stairs under wierd conditions, and a general feeling of being watched in the upstairs room.

After a major fight with my friend, I stopped going to the house(it's in another city), and about a month after, I had feelings of being watched in my apartment(never had these feelings in the 5 years of being in my apartment), seeing shadows move in the corners of my eyes, and my cat acting strangely. This was followed by a very wierd string of bad luck(3 months of this). Ultimately, someone I talked to told me it might be related to the house.

So under their suggestions, I went back to the house to investigate the "haunting." I'm a professional videographer, so I came equipped with my Canon XH-A1, and I even bought an audio recorder to try to get EVPs.

Me and a roommate who didn't believe in ghosts investigated the rooms and did encounter paranormal activity. I spoke to my other friend who'd suggested the whole idea, and they suddenly suggested I should try a Ouija board session and see if I get some response from whatever is in the house. They gave me a contact who had experience and we talked, and I researched as much as I could on how to use it and what precautions to take and what signs of danger to look for. I spent a good 12 hours making sure I knew what I was doing before I did it.

We used the board on 2 nights. The first night, it was 3 of us, and nothing seemed to happen for a long while until suddenly the planchette moved and tried to go off the board. I stopped it. It tried again, I stopped it again. We asked for a name, and it started with an F, then tried to go in a circle. Thinking this was BS, I tried to force the planchette in the opposite direction and it refused to move. Needless to say, we all got # scared and stopped for the night. My camera exposure failed in the low light, even though I had checked it when I started recording...

The next night only the other roommate who still thought it was BS said we should try again. When I brought out the board, we noted the temperature dropped big time in the room(cental heating was on). This time, we did it together, both of us touching the planchette. It worked, and we got answers indeed. At one point both of us tried to force an answer of No to a question where we didn't want to see the answer Yes, and the planchette refused to move in that direction. During the session, the door in the room opened and closed on its own. Among the things discussed we got these answers:

-It gave us the initial E.R., and refused to give a full name. It played with us over the age and refused a straight answer.
-It told us there were 9 spirits in the house, and that we'd encountered a stronger spirit in another room(knocking sounds in the basement). It told us it was the weakest spirit of the group.
-It repeatedly told us it hated the camera, and called itself a "Hag" when asked why.
-It told me it pushed me down the stairs for fun and was proud of it. Also said it wouldn't do it again.
-Told me one of the spirits had followed me, said it was angry at me. It also told me this wasn't the first time something had followed me in my life(only my closest friends know I had experiences in my old apartment years ago).
-We asked it about people who had been to the house, and it said everyone was good except me, said I did something to anger the spirits and refused to answer what I did. It did say it hated everyone in the house though.
-It told us one of the roommates would commit suicide soon.
-Then we asked if another spirit was there that we could also talk to. We got the response of a knock on the other side of the room.
-The next spirit said it was of the moon, and gave the name FEICB. We had a brief pointless chat and ended the session.

My camera recorded nothing. I have a full blank tape of nothingness. My friend was not told we had done this. When they came back to the room for one night three weeks later, they reported an apparition appearing across the room, and a prescence standing beside the bed that night. I still didn't admit what we did.

The good news? When I returned home, all the strange happenings were gone and I have not had any wierd feelings of being watched and my luck has taken an upswing.

So it doesn't mean doing it is the end of the world. But before you do, make sure you do your reasearch!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Don't do it. That door is easy to stumble through, very difficult to close.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
play it at a hotel, just incase if sumthing does happen it wont stay at your house

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi,

ouija-board-gift-took-coast-to-co ast-host-to-brink-of-unfathomable-chaos

To the OP...

The POWER is bigger than you can currently see or imagine!

Just because the MAJORITY laughs at and denies that DARK POWER exists, don't mean it ain't REAL!

Once you open that door it never closes. You will lose your current world and find yourself in another. There is no going back.

IF you are ready to completely devote your ENTIRE life to living 24/7 within and studying that insane EVIL POWER then go ahead. Otherwise leave it well alone.

George Noory fortunately got rid of the board, but recently I heard George mention on Coast-to-coast that the normally hard working technician who got the ouija board was later dismissed from the station. George coincidentally met the technician who said that since taking possession of the board his life had went to hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join