It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm considering doing a Ouija board with my friends

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i'd ask for lottery numbers

link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
go ahead and do it, ive done it and didnt see #. its just a toy there are no demons. on the other hand, the mind is a powerful thing and it will create visions, sounds, smells, feelings, whatever you subconsciously believe. but they only exist in your mind.

you are going to get alot of responses from religious wackos saying, DONT DO IT! THE DEVIL WILL GET YOU!

thats how religions control you, through fear.

have even more fun by drawing a large pentagram on the floor and 666 in blood on a mirror.

if this crap really worked dont you think governments and bussineses would be using them to gain more power?

Why recommend this to a young mind???
edit on 4/25/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jNormal

i know nothing about the process but i know people that have done the process and regret it. humans are curious about all things on this planet leave this alone for the other people to mess with.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You should also try a Devil's Toy Box.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think you're going to get many opinions from many people. Some will have experience and know what they're talking about...some won't. I'll share my opinion and I do have personal experience, for whatever that's worth on the value of my opinion.

First....I won't say stop..don't do this... danger danger danger! lol..... You wouldn't have stopped to come ask advice if you needed that part, right? Plenty of others will surely start and stop with simply saying 'don't'. Kinda worthless and makes ya more curious, huh?

Instead.. I'll tell you that I started using one in an effort with friends to prove none of this stuff existed. We were all young teens and looking to "do" something in the occult..but not really believing any of it was real anyway. Ouija and a few other obscure and dark black type ceremonies are what we tried...with various levels of success (or failure, depending on how one views the aftermath)

The long and short of it is....The aftermath from the Ouija lasted in direct effects we had to deal with for almost a year. Things from feeling a presence coming into the room to make itself known in a very aggressive way to one of our friends being "pushed" down the top of her staircase at home. We went hunting for the worst, and we found it, thanks to the Ouija. Getting out of the situation required a Wiccan Coven's intervention and that carried years of 'terms' to the help that saved our butts. It's also where and why I became Wiccan myself. Helping others as we were helped once has become something of a side hobby.

Bottom line to MY way of thinking and experience? If you are going to do this...just, please do 3 things...

1. Research, Research and Research some more!! In the late 80's when we got into deep crap with it, we didn't have the net to learn all about it in advance. There are plenty of books and 1st hand accounts of the good and bad with Ouijas. I'd strongly say..take half a day and really learn the good and bad others have had and how the Ouija is used by some as a professional tool. It DOES work.

2. DO NOT...EVER..EVER..EVER...Oh and did I mention, EVER? EVER be drunk. stoned or otherwise compromised while using or EVEN IN THE SAME ROOM as people who ARE using a Ouija. I can't possibly be strong enough on this. The Ouija isn't a demon board...it's just a portal if used properly. It opens to good and bad equally, depending on circumstance. If the people using it are not 100%, what is being contacted WILL have real fun with that and it won't be 'FUN' to those it's done to.

3. Don't ever use one alone. It's kind of a Hollywood movie line, I know..but it's damned true and for very good reasons too. Ouija DOES work in my experience..it CAN tell you things you didn't know or you weren't aware you knew (subconscious). If you're with others, you have reality checks if what your contacting starts playing you hard. If you're alone, you have no checks or balances and being taken for a ride takes on entirely new meaning in THIS context. Focusing on this will sound unbelievable fast, so I won't try. Simply leave it lay if alone.

Enjoy the experience and let us know how it turns out for you. Just please, go into it fully informed and..if possible..with someone else who not only takes Ouija seriously, but has been around to know the pitfalls and traps.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In Jr High I brought an Ouija board to school and at lunch me and a friend of mine talked to an old miner named Jack who was kicked by his mule and died.

Ouija works with the right people use it. It is a tool, much like tarot.

I think it has a lot more to do with the people using the board, if they are open and have a psychic knack for things, the board will most likely work.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I played with them a few times. Most notable at a friends house a God's age back when I was 16.
Anyway, nothing remarkable to note, I'm certain I did most of the sneaky planchette pushing, admittedly I also arranged YOU WILL DIE on his mums fridge that night in those magnetty letters. Fun times, skeered the bejesus out of him.

Oddly though he did die, slipped in the bath age 37 last year.

edit on 25-4-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
One of the first mentions of the automatic writing method used in the Ouija board is found in China around 1100 AD, in historical documents of the Song Dynasty. The method was known as fuji 扶乩 "planchette writing". The use of planchette writing as a means of ostensibly contacting the dead and the spirit-world continued, and, [color=cyan]albeit under special rituals and supervisions, was a central practice of the Quanzhen School, until it was forbidden by the Qing Dynasty. [9] Several entire scriptures of the Daozang are supposedly works of automatic planchette writing. Similar methods of mediumistic spirit writing have been widely practiced in ancient India, Greece, Rome, and medieval Europe.[10]

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Cheers for you once again my friend Wrabbit.

This is along the lines of why I don't even tinker with door opening anymore. One time I broke a promise to the tarot, using it in a very unorthodox fashion having just held the cards and praying for just a basic idea of how my life would go over a drawing of ten cards - I had a great life at the time, 16/17 years old, loving family, cheerleader girlfriend and so forth.

Flipped the 10 cards, and with just the face pictures/representations I was happy - assorted randomness, happiness, nothing to obviously bother anyone just on the surface, altogether actually pretty positive from a superficial view.

So then curiosity gets the better of me and I decide to try another card to see if it was just chance. Death. Another card - the Devil. And another - Defeat. I apologized, put the deck away, and left my friend's house.

Within a few months, the girlfriend and I broke up in unpleasant fashion, and were kept apart by her family afterward. I made stupid decisions and ended up in jail and then on a suspended sentence. My next girlfriend died in a car crash on her birthday, and this ruined my first year of college (haven't been back yet). Insert various other ruinous life changes here.

I know most of these and other bad turns in my life were my choices, and my own fault. But I always think back to that afternoon and wonder what the hell happened to my decision making and my personality over such a short time for such a swift change in course.
edit on 4/25/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
doubletap, apologies.
edit on 4/25/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your experiences and Praetorius I'm sorry about what happened.

Because of the stories I've heard/seen, I think I'm just going to get a pendulum. If a ouija board did make my life worse I'm still very young and don't want that happening.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

The reason you don't want to do this is because you are very young. You could easily ruin your life with this crap.
That's all I have to say.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Ya pal, wait until later in life when you're writing your bucket list, that way you do not risk carrying around negative energies throughout your life. I would assume you would not want to carry around negative energies at all at any point in your life, but who am I to judge.

edit on 25-4-2012 by xZodiacx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Wow, now that is quite an experience and I must say, I fully understand why you avoid anything of the sort. These things work in subtle and downright nasty ways, don't they? Hollywood has people expecting to see a giant being of evil intent standing before them...and figure nothing happened when that isn't the result. Oh..ye of little faith..the effects may not be fit for a movie but like you say, they're no less.....unpleasant.

I think the point you highlight in your last paragraph is the worst part though. We're all left to wonder if things happening in life are related to some big mistakes of the past..or not...or is it self-induced by just expecting bad by what came before? It's enough to go nuts over...and all by the fact 'fate' works in such subtle ways.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I myself would never use it, as it's been said above many time. But like other said too, it's up to you.
Ive heard a lot negative experiences associated with oujia, not many positive ones. From what ive heard you're practically opening a doorway, but ive also heard you can close that door at the end of a session.

Hope if you try everything goes smoothly, careful though, you never know whats going to be behind that door.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysWary

Yes, if you open the door to the spirit world, you better be sure that you close it at the end of the session!!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Praetorius

Wow, now that is quite an experience and I must say, I fully understand why you avoid anything of the sort. These things work in subtle and downright nasty ways, don't they? Hollywood has people expecting to see a giant being of evil intent standing before them...and figure nothing happened when that isn't the result. Oh..ye of little faith..the effects may not be fit for a movie but like you say, they're no less.....unpleasant.

Indeed, agreed. So I've adopted the better safe than sorry policy for myself.

I think the point you highlight in your last paragraph is the worst part though. We're all left to wonder if things happening in life are related to some big mistakes of the past..or not...or is it self-induced by just expecting bad by what came before? It's enough to go nuts over...and all by the fact 'fate' works in such subtle ways.

*nod* This being one of the reasons I am trapped in my past and live with every stupid thing I've done in my life constantly hanging over me...and it is very much the sort of thing to make one nuts. Perhaps someday I'll learn how to let go and live in the present while merely remembering the LESSONS of the past.

Be well, friend.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm going to give you my own personal account of my experience with ouija boards.

It all started when I went to an all girls boarding school and for kicks we decided to set up a ouija board by cutting out letters A - Z and 'YES and NO' in paper and arranging them in a random circle. Then a few of us sat around the table with our fingers on a plastic cup, asking ridiculous questions and low and behold the thing moved!! Of course everyone present insisted it was someone else moving the cup, but who knows really, it certainly wasn't me moving that cup!!

Moving on a year later, I was at home during the school holidays with a few friends and one night we decided to 'play' the ouija board. At first we started out in family room but decided to move to my bedroom when we realised that there were quite a few glass objects in the family room that could be hurled at us if we 'got a bad one'. (I'm sure you've heard the 'stories' of angry spirits attacking by throwing stuff, maybe not but I had.) So we decided to move, and this is when it got scary. My mother's African Grey parrot lived in the family room, I don't know if any of you know the sound a AG parrot makes when they're scared but it's like this (title of the vid is coincidental
)

Anyhoo, we had just finished re setting up our little bits of paper in a neat circle in my bedroom after moving from the family room (it was about 2 am at this stage), when all of a sudden the parrot starts making that noise, over and over and over, 'something' was scaring him and he wasn't really an easily frightened bird. Needless to say I wouldn't venture back into the family room and ended up waking my mother to go and deal with the terrified parrot. Granted it may have been coincidental that something else scared him that night, could've been a spider, but him making that noise was very rare and usually reserved for the vet. After about 5 minutes my mother had got him to calm down and had gone back to bed, stupidly we decided we would carry on with the ouija board and contacting spirits but as soon as my hand touched the cup the parrot started again and again my mother had to go calm him. We called it a night after that and I have NEVER touched a ouija board again. I never did feel comfortable in that room on my own again and after we eventually moved the people that bought the house said they were convinced they saw the ghost of a man in the family room. I did wonder if it was my father, he loved that room or if it was whatever we 'awoke' that night, I have no idea and I have NO intention of ever going back to find out.

Ultimately the choice is yours, but just be aware of what you may be getting yourself into, it's certainly not something to be treated as fun n games. Thankfully, I don't think I've suffered any bad effects from my experience but it did teach me not to mess with sh#t I know nothing about.

OT: I was 'told' during one of our ouija sessions that there was a 'bad/evil' presence around me with the intials HTH (pool chlorine
) but after pressing for more info we got the name Hiopi Tis Hrir. Sounds kind of Arabic and I've done numerous google searches now and then and never come up with anything by that name, anyone else know? PM me, I'm just curious, not obsessed or possessed

edit on 25-4-2012 by HighMaintenance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

I also wouldn't recommend playing with Ouija for reasons already given here. But as far as I learned dowsing with pendulum or rods has nothing to do with ghosts or spirits. Just like Remote Viewing u tap into "the unconscious" (believe in it or not...). I for myself KNOW that there is something to it.
And just like Remote Viewing everybody has the ability to learn it. Only difference here is : In RV you use pen+paper, Dowsing tools amplify very weak micromovements of your mind-body system.

So you asked:

- Is that meant to be spirits controlling the pendulum?
NO, as explained above

- Is there risks in using a pendulum to ask questions?
NO, other than you are that clumsy and poke your eye out using it

- How do I use a pendulum or what can I use instead? (I don't have a pendulum)
The material absolutely doesn't matter, no crystals,copper or whatever needed.
There are many videos on youtube, try search term like "dowsing,l-rods,pendulum"

You can build a working pendulum out of a needle, twine, and some good ole tinfoil to give the needle more mass.
On how to use them, don't want to advertise here so i suggest you to browse the internet for words like"Paul H. Smith, Dowsing, SRI " The military apparently used dowsing since vietnam, where they successfully searched for enemies and tunnels hidden underground.

edit on 25-4-2012 by easy12 because:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

Like any "tool" available for contacting the "afterlife", disincarnated beings, spirits, ghosts, and so on Ouija boards as pendulums, rods, etc, you are the one who is really making the experience. The positiveness or negativeness you may get as its outcome will entirely depend on you, based upon your mental's and soul's stability.

The special thing about Ouija is that if there is somebody near you while working the Ouija board, if that somebody is not a balanced person, then the degree of negativeness will be directly proportionally linked to such person's unbalance. You might that person, think about it before opening something you will not be able to close or control.

By the way, you can create your own Ouija board drawing it in any suitable drawing sheet. For the pointer you must use a dielectric pointer (made of wood or crystal like a cognac cup or small tequila shoot glass).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join