It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm considering doing a Ouija board with my friends

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Listen to me and listen to me well, NEVER USE AN OUIJA BOARD! The problem with it is that it summons up a random being, you could get an angel or you could get a very powerful and evil demon, when my friend used it, she wasn't very lucky and we had to spend a long time getting rid of what came out of there...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommy61157
Listen to me and listen to me well, NEVER USE AN OUIJA BOARD! The problem with it is that it summons up a random being, you could get an angel or you could get a very powerful and evil demon, when my friend used it, she wasn't very lucky and we had to spend a long time getting rid of what came out of there...

I'd like to hear more about this. People's Ouija Board experiences do interest me alot ever since we messed with one...

Care to elaborate on what your friend dealt with?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
I'm still very young, but I am intrigued about Ouija boards and how they worked.
I want to try one to try and find out more stuff but it's the demonic side that scares me.
I was considering doing this with some of my friends.
My dad told me he has done it before but with somebody who was experienced and who was a medium. He said he spoke to his Mum and he was sure it was his mum because it spelt out things that the medium would not know. He also said that the medium's daughter was there (who died when she was 2) and did a 'party trick' which she does every time the medium has somebody round. She started lifting the table around the room and my dad said it was real and he wasn't doing anything.
I want to try doing one, but I don't have the money to go to a 'pro' so I was considering doing it with my friends???

Bad idea... your not ready to play with a ouija board and your "fear" puts you at a high risk of manifesting something unpleasant.

My partner and I only use the ouija board because our spirit guides protect us. It is the only safe way.

If you want to use a ouija board you need to do more research into what and why it works and most definately overcome your fear.

Tarot cards are a good entry level tool and a great way to learn and develop your skills.

You could try communicating with spirits or reading people.

At the end of the day the easiest and safest wat to learn is from someone who knows.

Inexperience leads to bad things happening.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

LOL at opinion, which part of "Scientific Fact" do you not think is correct?

Opinion and "Scientific fact" are 2 different words/phrase's completely, which defines them as 2 different meanings.

I did not say opinions I said "Fact" which is defined by Dictionary.com as the following:

"something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact"

OK - let me try to clarify this for you. Yes, you are correct that there are facts, and then there are opinions. If you'll refer back to my prior statement, I acknowledged that not all supposed paranormal experiences are that, and to spell it clearly for you, with that I'm acknowledging that Ideomotor effect and various other things are absolutely real and definitely valid explanation for at least SOME cases.

Hopefully you're clear on that bit so far.

My problem is when you say things like this:

No not alternative. It's the only explanation. It is all science and psychology. No spirits, No daemons, No souls... End Of.

THAT is assumption, and nothing more than opinion. Providing an explanation to some cases does not automatically extend the same explanation to ALL cases. That is akin to acknowledging that some ATS users are confirmed as obviously ignorant and overly opinionated, and then inferring that by extension ALL ATS users are the same.

It's no less an assumption that presumes too much based on limited observance. It might possibly be true, but is *not* fact.

The Fox sisters are the women who invented the the Ouijia board, And after they played their con one of them even admitted it was psychological fraud. But Con Men/ Mediums carried it one to make money and which by the time it spread it was too big to be denied as a lie. hence why people now think it is real.

Considering that automatic writing and a whole host of other alleged divinatory practices and tools have been around for likely thousands of years (ouija just being a variant), this doesn't really do a whole lot for me.

So, to clarify - yes, hacks exist. Yes, there are mundane explanations for at least some claimed instances. No, it is not fact or proven that ALL claimed instances have mundane explanations, although one can assume that if they choose - but that is a big assumption to make against the great weight of innumerable anecdotal accounts and testimonies, regardless of how utterly valid it might eventually end up being.

So, thanks, but I don't need any more dictionary definitions or lessons in the obvious - although it is appreciated. I merely hope that you'll recognize your opinion is simply that, and that others who disagree carry every bit as much weight until they deny that which actually CAN'T be denied - that some cases are indeed mundane.

Be well.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have a ouiji board tucked away in storage. I remember being upset that they released a glow in the dark one just after I bought it.
I used it with my sister and a friend and it did move, who knows...maybe one of them was moving it. I never got it to work by myself. I asked if I will get married one day and it said yes...IT LIES!! well, maybe some day
Anyways, how many people have bought one and used it? a ton of people, and how many awful stories about it can be verified...none. If I had to guess I'd say it is safe to use.

edit on 3-5-2012 by Sunglower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I used to stay clear of Ouija boards because of all the stories associated with them etc but tried them out of curiosity and then did them lots on Ghost hunts, and to be honest have never had a bad experience with them at all! we have had times when nothing moves and we are sat in the dark wishing something would happen, and we have had times where the thing is flying all over the place, but none of these ( in my opinion ) overblown and exaggerated happenings that you hear about from word of mouth and stories etc

My advice would be, if you are scared, then don't do it! not because I believe it's a tool of satan or you're gonna get possessed etc but purely because of its psychological affects! which can scare people even before they touch a board! in which case like I say, it's probably not worth the extra worry it may put you through! especially since you say you're young! just leave it be, have a play around with other things, there's lots to do out there!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Hmm...too bad those astrologers couldn't warn Regan about the Iran-Contra affair.

Now to answer your question. It's perfectly safe to play around with the board. We all hear these stories from people god knows why. When I was a kid they all said the same thing..Oh no its dangerous ect ect..But yep we played with that parker brothers board all the time and it was just fun. I am talking about years ago at least 30+ and nothing bad ever happened to me or my friends. No demons, no flying glasses, nada. It was just fun for us girls to scare eachother. And of course there was always that one gullible chick that believed everything that the board said, but that is just part of the fun.

Enjoy yourself!

edit on 8-5-2012 by jenlovesturtles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jenlovesturtles

Glad you didn't have any bad experiences, I never had either, weird ones, but never anything bad. That is not to say it couldn't happen, just never did. I often wondered if it was purely subconscious leaking out onto the board. Now, many years later, and many spirit contacts later (without ouija) I am of the opinion that it is like a random phone call if there is no spirit waiting to talk. As I found out over the years, lots of times spirits come through the subconscious when they want to talk,which could explain why I thought back then it was mental. Because it is, but not quite what a lot of people think. Ouija is a strange game, be it purely friends messing with you, or channeling your own mind, or actual spirit contact, it is odd. But then, so is almost any other form of spirit contact from what I can tell. I just don't know if it is dangerous, or not, so because I dunno, I would advise against it personally without understanding how to protect yourself.

But that's just me.

edit on 8-5-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jNormal

DON'T@@@

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jNormal
I'm still very young, but I am intrigued about Ouija boards and how they worked.
I want to try one to try and find out more stuff but it's the demonic side that scares me.
I was considering doing this with some of my friends.
My dad told me he has done it before but with somebody who was experienced and who was a medium. He said he spoke to his Mum and he was sure it was his mum because it spelt out things that the medium would not know. He also said that the medium's daughter was there (who died when she was 2) and did a 'party trick' which she does every time the medium has somebody round. She started lifting the table around the room and my dad said it was real and he wasn't doing anything.
I want to try doing one, but I don't have the money to go to a 'pro' so I was considering doing it with my friends???

SECOND SIGHT NYC RADIO SHOW

STOP everything that you are doing and LISTEN to this RADIO SHOW it may SAVE YOUR LIFE!

Listen to how a TOUGH BIKER GUY is SCARED to sleep in his own bed at nights!

How his son is a WALKING ZOMBIE!

ALL due to the son dabbling in the DARK ARTS with absolutely no idea of what he was doing!

SECOND SIGHT NYC RADIO SHOW

edit on 19-5-2012 by neotech1neothink because: layout

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join