It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism promotes Nihilism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
reply to post by Iason321

and I still like your avatar, promoting homosexuality among christians. Emancipation at last!
it's a better image than the one used by another of those tolerant christians trying to spread a totally uninformed image about atheism. That image depicts a tool of torture, your cross.

I totally agree..

I think the OP's amazingly gay and raunchy avatar depicting Jesus this way, is a bold and positive step forward for Christians.

WTG OP

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I am so glad to have a christian to help me to understand what it is i actually mean.
thanks for the attributes in your other reply, it's so nice of you to illustrate what tolerance means for a christian.

now here's a sincere question for you: what is your purpose with treads like this one? as you really don't care for replies that disagree, tell me?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Make people think.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Is that the same reason you have the Gay Jesus avatar?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I don't know, are you a fool who lacks any real wisdom or knowledge and is that why you quote Nietzsche in your sig?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Blupblup and neverseeingeyes:

It's obvious from your avatars, your attitudes, your posts, things you say, that you both subscribe to Nihilism.

I think it's comedic you both claim atheism but deny nihilism while exhibiting character traits of a nihilistic mindset,

Deceived, deceived, deceived you are!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I just think it's really nice that you're embracing the Gay Jesus man.
It's not often that Christians openly display jesus in such a manner.

Kudos to you my friend.

You're such an enlightened being.

God would be proud...Maybe Gay and Proud?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If he's a true Christian, then he'd follow the commandment, thou shalt not bear false witness. It doesn't matter what the rest of the verses says, this is a commandment, the one law above all else that must be obeyed.

Jesus was not gay.

And personally I do find it offensive.

You can laugh all you want, but this is something I wouldn't do to you guys.

That is to say, I wouldn't turn one of your homosexual heroes into a heterosexual.

I find that sort of thing repulsive, that is to turn somebody into something they are not just to offend someone or just to legitimize by beliefs.

And really, offending people never makes them think, they always end up taking it personally and then resenting you even more.

So really, what does offending Christians and others accomplish?

It accomplishes nothing but building more and more resentment.

You want people to respect you, you treat them with respect, and stop trying to turn others into something they're not.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Oh wow,

If you two only knew how God is viewing you right now.....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Well I'm sorry but the OP is an absolute moron.

They made a nasty, stupid troll thread to bait people into arguing about whether Atheists were evil, nihilists and blah blah blah.

It's pointless crap.

when people said no they weren't and were just as compassionate and nice as everyone else... that's not good enough so the argument has to turn into "The lord sayeth this" and quoting BS passage after passage.

The Bible is mostly a forgery.

That is an absolute FACT,

Every single thing written about (gay or straight) Jesus is BS and hearsay with no basis in history or reality.

And to be honest... people are sick an tired of this kind of BS thread being posted on ATS.

It serves no purpose other than to flame, bait and troll.

There are a couple of fantastic FACT BASED thread on ATS right now showing how the Bible is a cobbled together forgery and stating exactly HOW and WHY it is/was forged.

But the point is... morons like the OP are not interested in the TRUTH because their minds are made up.
Their minds are closed and nothing you say will make them think critically and objectively about their nonsensical belief in BS.

So after being insulted (in the OP) and watching the OP offer more crap and insults to people... the only way to diffuse this now is to joke around and take the piss.
Turn the tables on the OP.

So all atheists are nihilists and cold, uncaring bastards huh?

Cool.

Jesus (as shown in your avatar OP) was gay... and you're helping to show that.

See... we can all play silly little games.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Blupblup, I feel it necessary to tell you something:

Jesus Christ, your God and my God, loves you.

He loves you no matter how much you've hated him, no matter how much you trash His word, none of it matters, He can change you and take away your pain and anger if you turn to him.

Blupblup, out of genuine love of a fellow human, I'm asking you to let go of Satan and evil and embrace Christ and Love,

I don't care how you respond to this,

it's not a message from me, it's from the Spirit within.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

One more warning:

Calling the Sovereign LORD a homosexual and other names is not wise.

You may want to stop openly blaspheming your God in public, it's probably not in your best interest to do so.
edit on 4/26/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I don't type out of anger and hatred...

More boredom and frustration.... you're like a clone of every other religious idiot who has graced ATS

I've seen 20 or so posters like you come and go on ATS.

You're boring.

You waffle on about love and compassion and Jesus.. you pretend you're open and honest and want to discuss..

While posting some of the most stupid, spiteful and antagonistic crap on the site.

There is no place for this **** on ATS.

The isn't biblegateway.com or whatever.

There is no reason to post the kind of crap you do.

Anyway.

You carry on.

Good luck.

I'm sure Jesus will be proud and fill you with...er... whatever he's filling you with in your avatar I guess.

edit on 26/4/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Your spirit is completely darkened,

I'm trying to shine light on you,

You're reacting violently to it,

I'm used to this.

It doesn't affect me, I used to react the same way when people preached the Gospel to me,

When the world is your best friend and you are your own god, it throws off your equilibrium when people preach the Word to you

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I agree with you that the OP is mostly trolling.

I don't agree with you that the bible is mostly a forgery.

Because there are several faults for that way of thinking.

One of the big ones is: the writers of the Bible had to know of the earlier Greek myths in order to plagiarize it. And being a few thousand miles and years away from ancient Greece and others, I don't see how they could've known.

what people are confusing plagarization is that of familiar elements from other stories.

to give you an idea, Battlestar Galactica is similar to Star Wars in that it has similar elements, a rebellion fighting against a tyrannical regime seeking to wipe out humanity. But the story is very different.

And the bible does have quite a few stories that are quite different from ancient myths and legends.

For example, Balaam, the talking donkey. To my knowledge there has never been a talking Donkey in any of the ancient Greek or Roman myths. Or talking animals for at least as far as I know.

So I personally don't see the Bible as a plagarization.

Another thing that people who criticize the Bible tends to ignore or forget is this too: one of the things that ancient story tellers loved to do was retell a story and try to one up the other story tellers. So often the core story would be left intact but there would be a rewrite.

In the modern age there are plenty of examples of that. For example, the Spider-Man movies. In the comics, he built mechanical webshooters. In the movies, they are biological. There was no Gwen Stacy who was the first love of his life until the third movie. In the comics it was Gwen Stacy whom the Goblin knocked off the bridge, and when Spidey webbed her, he accidentally broke her neck. That was never in any of the movies. So on and so forth.

That's how I see the Bible.

But I am getting really tired of the Christian vitriol towards atheists and unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to convince them they're wrong that atheists don't deserve that kind of hate and mistrust and all they reall are are people too and don't deserve to be demonized all to hell and back like the Christians constantly do. They have too much of an emotional interest in doing this, and refuse to listen to reason.

Ah well.

C'est la vie.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Why are you always trying to piss atheists off? You dont even know these people and are calling them nihilists. Why can you not accept there is a whole world out there that doesnt revolve around you or your beliefs? Get over yourself.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Make people think.

if that's your intention, that's a nice one. I'll cheer your every attempt.
please let me know when you start doing so.

dear mr Jesus lover
why is it that you carefully avoid dealing with the actual content of my (first) reply and instead opt for the other strategy, calling me names?
please don't exhaust yourself trying to answer this question. In case it wasn't obvious, it's a rhetorical one.
The reasons are clear to anyone who's honest and isn't trying to push an agenda and annoy people who don't share the need for the imaginary friend: If you were to reply sincerely the whole purpose of this thread would be in vain, wouldn't it? You would have to be honest and admit that your assumptions (if you don't have an imaginary friend, your life is without purpose. Only the admirers of the imaginary friend are moral beings) are plain wrong.
Trust me, my dear blessed person, my life is full of purpose and morality. I'm not going to repeat why it is that I claim this to be true. Why should I? You don't care, do you?
Actually you start to piss me off, mr Jesus lover. Who's the arrogant person here?

but do not fear, my dear mr Jesus Lover, you won't have to deal with my arrogance, my pride anymore as I will do what seems the best for all: neglect your pile of crap. Go eat it.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Your god is a psychopathic murderer who suffers from Baron Munchausen syndrome.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

May God have mercy on your soul.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join