It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 year old suspened for "sexual harassment"

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

What is this, more of that sarcasm? Somehow, I find it hard to believe you are inundated by children standing on your feet and grabbing your legs.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Frapping A.

The world used to be disciplined. There's a reason.

Adults held children responsible for their behavior.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Five boys, two girls. Well-behaved.

Smacked when they needed it.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Suspended and psych evaluation is going overboard.
Why don't they just treat it as a learning experience? To teach him you are not allowed to just go around grabbing people? The system goes to far sometimes.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by FortAnthem

Frapping A.

The world used to be disciplined. There's a reason.

Adults held children responsible for their behavior.

I think we all miss those disciplined days of the Dark Ages. Lord knows how disciplined the Egyptians were when building the pyramids. Hell, not so long ago in America there were the cotton plantations and their discipline. If only we had more disciplinarians. That's exactly what this world needs. More disciplinarians.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

reply to post by TKDRL

Five boys, two girls. Well-behaved.

Smacked when they needed it.

Just never taught the fine art of sarcasm. Smacking good humor that sarcasm, too bad you were "seen and not heard" as a child, you might know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I guess you haven't noticed all these great kids who became adults.

They can't live without electronics.
They go to job interviews in blue jeans with earrings and rings in their noises and tattoos all over them.
They throw tantrums in the workplace when they don't get their way.
They quit at the drop of a hat.
Their work ethic is non-existent when they do "work".
They're proud that they don't read books.

Yeah, great job there baby boomers.

Hippies. They were worthless in the 60's and they are still.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Pigraphia

Too bad, so sad.

Suck it up, buttercup.

We aren't going to tolerate inappropriate touching.

It's not a matter of tolerating or not tolerating...

Are you dense?

If the punishment is beyond the scope of what the child can understand they won't learn the lesson.

Your little word play with "too sad", isn't even a valid argument.

It's as if you know nothing on the difference between children and adults.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Sorry that society didn't turn out to be an autonomous,boring, robotic, utopia you hoped it would be.
Wait, no I'm not, that would be boring as hell

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Wow it seems like rtyfx is just very old and very cranky.
If rtyfx isn't even middle aged anymore all the more sad.

I haven't forgotten.

I had discipline beaten into me.

It works.

Um wow...
Speaking as someone who had to cut their own switch, and was hit with a cane you are just warped.
I was disciplined, it seems with the way you say "beaten into me" that you weren't disciplined you were abused.

I'm all for corporal punishment, when it fits the crime.

You just don't seem to have a proper grasp on how children do and don't learn.

When I had to cut a switch, it was because I did something really bad.
When I had hot sauce put in my mouth(cayane pepper didn't work they realized I liked the flavor) it was becuase I had gone above being a smart alec and had talked back way too much.

Complaining that people have tattoos, and piercings?
Really! how fundamentalist can you get?
Next you will complain that sex is on the rise among consenting adults oh heaven forbid.

You seem completely divorced from reality.

Because his parents didn't teach him at a young age that you don't touch people who aren't your family.

Even your statement there...
The kid is 7, he is still learning.
If you don't think 7 is young where is your cut off?
Do you think children of age 5 should be tarred and feathered for crimes against decency?

Honestly, you aren't quite right in the head.

I'm all for accountability, and corporal punishment.
Having been abused, and having had corporal punishment I know there is a difference, and what you seem to be advocating with "beating discipline in" is beyond punishment.

Please seek help.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

What I see when I'm out and about are bratty kids throwing tantrums because they don't get what they want at the store.

I see kids running riot.

I see kids tearing the branches off people's trees.

I see their graffiti. I watch them do doughnuts in the Wal-Mart parking.

I'm sick to death of children who don't know me stepping on my feet and grabbing my legs.

Shall I continue?

Children have always been this way, at least for the last 50 years or so (my frame of reference).

I'm just guessing, but your childhood wasn't so great was it? i wouldn't be blaming today's kids because you didn't have any friends or fun.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by Aisling

Originally posted by Xaphan
reply to post by UdderlyInsane

Pfft... "No-contact schools".

That's a good way to make sure a kid grows up emotionally unstable and anti-social. Maybe that's the way the system wants it...

What's next? "No-verbal communication schools"?

I would star your post ten times if I could!

Long story short, a friend of mine was telling me about how her daughter's teacher didn't allow the kids to communicate with one another in her class. They can speak with the teacher and that is it.

Anyone can go to college and study education, graduate, and become a teacher, but that sure does not make them a teacher, a person who likes children, or possess the mental faculties that should be present in common sense and logic when dealing with children.

This proves to me that one of the ulterior motives of the public school systems is to strip kids of all personality, creativity, and individuality. You can tell that the idea of creating little lifeless worker-drone robots excites them to no end. Public schools are just a cookie cutter system. John Lennon ranted and raved about this immensely. The only difference is, it's much worse now than it was back then, and it will continue to get worse, decade after decade.

I am reminded of this scene from The Simpsons. It was intended to be funny, but sadly it's actually becoming a reality...

Originally posted by Aisling
I would star your post ten times if I could!

Good news, you can! Just go make nine additional accounts!

edit on 26-4-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Love your post!
This is my opinon as well. We are sending our kids to a brainwashing factory by sending them to public school....I woke up to that fact and pulled my son from school.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Why did this kid do this?

Because his parents didn't teach him at a young age that you don't touch people who aren't your family.

Piss poor parenting.

coop dont listen to this posteer, he is just trying to bully and stir you up. None of this persons posts have been helpful or constructive in any way. He just throws out insulting post after insulting post. Im willing to bet this person doesnt have kids (and probably never will, he seems bitter and alone).

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Yeah, great job there baby boomers.

Hippies. They were worthless in the 60's and they are still.

You are out by a generation. Someone who was, say, 15 in 1960 would have started having kids in 1970 - on average.
The young kids creating havoc today are the kids of the latter. In some cases even their grandkids. You can't go on blaming so called 'baby boomers' forever.
That said, late 'baby boomers' (1965) were a tad young to be 1960s hippies.
Suggest you do a maths course and have that chip on your shoulder surgically removed.
Not that any of this has ANYTHING to do with the OP's post.

edit on 28-4-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
So just to illustrate something that people generally miss, just as often as it is the boys fault for some kind of sexual harrassment, it is also the girls. When I was you sons age OP everyday at recess I would have one girl who would chase me endlessly around the playground and if she caught me she would kiss me. I told the teacher and she laughed and ignored it. So what is the difference? Sexual Harrassment is any unwanted contact in a sexual manner. Regardless of gender, yet all these people would not freak out as much if it was a girl who did that to a boy, that I can guarantee you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

So you had it beaten into you huh? Were you just whacked on the behind? Smacked in the back of your head? Well I'll tell you something, when you come inside with your hands bleeding from hauling hay bales around which were wrapped in thin twine, then you can talk about having discipline beaten into you.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

What I see when I'm out and about are bratty kids throwing tantrums because they don't get what they want at the store.

I see kids running riot.

I see kids tearing the branches off people's trees.

I see their graffiti. I watch them do doughnuts in the Wal-Mart parking.

I'm sick to death of children who don't know me stepping on my feet and grabbing my legs.

Shall I continue?

You're right to be concerned - because nothing good can come from doing doughnuts in parking lots. Except maybe fun

You don't like kids - do you?

:-)

Criminy - how must you feel about dogs, cats...pigeons - or anything (or anyone) that doesn't mind you?

edit on 4/28/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

First, to clear something up in my prior post, when I put "continuing on..." I meant that my reply to your post was over, so I never wanted to imply "lawyering up" was meant for you specifically. Sorry about that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the incident happened during a recess or other function when the children were not inside the classroom. And it was a one-time incident by one child. IMO unless there was a rash of such incidences by other students, I don't think a teacher should be using it as a "teaching moment".

Besides, if those teachers are so grossly incompetent, the less said the better.

MY REPLY IS NOW OVER, and I want to add another thought. Yes, it could be embarrassing for a male child to be chased around the playground, cornered/caught, and kissed by a girl. This is why males suffer from society imposed ideas of appropriate/inappropriate behavior. Society agreed that a male child would find that behavior acceptable, so the boy has the problem, according to others.

Fast forward 20 years. Women were/are exclusively viewed by society as the victims of spousal abuse. Men victims of spousal abuse either suffer in silence because such abuse is thought not to exist or told to "be a man" and deal with it, as "head of the house". Also, men can be victims of abuse at a work site.

There are times when society is wrong about what goes on. It is probably painful for some to see a cultural rule change, but what is seen as acceptable/unacceptable can change. Old habits and outdated ideas die hard.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

continuing on...I am shocked at how many were quick to dismiss the boy's actions as innocent per reason of age, yet few came to the defense of the girl. She was portrayed too often as close to being a slut, just asking for it. Apparently, few have observed how young children's' butts can be exposed innocently at play, often due to ill fitting clothing on little bodies. Maybe your own butt was exposed at play as a seven year old but no one cared. OTOH if a child's parents dress the child inappropriately for school, then it is up to an adult at the school to inform the parents, to avoid embarrassment to the child.

I have to agree with this desert

throughout this entire conversation - the one thing that keeps hitting me over the head is how quick adults are to judge these kids - completely forgetting that they're kids

not only can a seven year old boy be punished for sexual harassment before he has a working understanding of what that even means - but then, in his defense we see the people who would defend him because, well - her disgusting little butt was showing

I can't help but worry about how kids are supposed to make any sense of all this - how can they help but feel that they're somehow bad children?

I keep trying to imagine how all this works out from a kids point of view

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I understand your sentiment. As a parent our goal is to provide our kids with the social skills and discipline they will need to be adequately prepared for the world. In this situation, the reason people were saying things about the girl showing her 'disgusting butt' was to give the OP the ability to counter the girls parents accusations of sexual harassment. I know that as a father of both a boy and a girl, this reaction taken by the little girls parents was -way- over the top. This could have been handled with a lot more tact that wouldn't have confused the two little ones involved, and without the amount of stress this added to the OP who is already stressed as it is being a single working father. This was a complete overreaction.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join