It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 7 year old suspened for "sexual harassment"

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Let me guess.... your son is white and the girl is black. Am I correct? I know I am. I don't need to ax no more questions.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
All I'm going to say about this is....god damm idiot Americans....seriously what planet do most live on....in any other country this would be laughed out of court.

Only a few months ago a school force fed a child chicken nuggets.....no the child had a normal salad sandwich, juice box and i think some fruit, but teacher said she needed protein. For feck sake...chicken nuggets....have they not seen how those are made.....the scrapping of chicken left over....hardly healthy.

America is WAY to PC for its own good.....by the way I support America usually but stupid stories like this just annoy the hell out me and others

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

This is weird. No better way to give children the wrong idea about sex than to draw their focus to such things at that age. Sounds to me just like children at play, and as has been suggested as well, someone being helpful.

Unfortunately institutional thinking can only evaluate what can be measures with a ruler. Please do not expect real evaluation of the event and even less, an objective decision. The rule book is a good excuse. If it is section A, part 4, then consequence if B. No debate.

How do the leaders (term used rather loosely) in these places get where that are? Good luck getting through the brick wall. Even better luck dealing with the fallout that a wiser and more subtle response would have avoided. I wonder if your son has any idea at all about what this fuss is all about. I hope not, so that it can be explained to him in more rational and kind ways. Sounds like two lives being messed about. I hope the confidentiality that minors should enjoy is being respected. If not, that would be really unfortunate.

control that is out of control I think

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Pulling up a girl's pants for her is not an acceptable excuse.

Let's say I saw a girl with her thong showing in the back. Can I help pull her pants up? Can I help tuck the thong a little lower so it's not showing? What age is it okay to do so? At what age is it okay for a boy to help a girl with her pants without her permission??

The age doesn't matter. Adults need to be clear whats okay and what's not okay. This is a lesson learned.

The kid may have innocent intentions, but the lesson needs to be learned.

Would you have rather he lied to me? Not me. Im glad he told the truth. Should he have touched her? No. But he did not lie about it. Some of the posters must really think some kids are just horrible pyschopaths.

Yes lesson needs learned. I really hate people that comment on stuff when they may not have kids or that have kids and make it out like their kids never do anything wrong. ALL KIDS MAKE MISTAKES. If you have have kids and claim they never mess up, youre lying.

so it was verified to you by the school that the little girls pants were hanging down her butt exposing her underwear? how short was her shirt? all your son did was pull her pants up? and the school still got all in a huffy about it? did he do it in a rough way or something? maybe her parents just got all freaked out about it and went crazy on the teacher or did the teachers catch your son in the act and notify the girls parents. have you ever personally seen the girl looking like this? thats pretty sad that the girls parents let her look like that at 7 years old. well on the bright side at least he wont have a sexual harassment charge on his record.

Yes, it was verified by the principle who was told by the teacher at recess who witnessed it. I do not know the girl and was told they would not give out that infomation, also, apparently the little girls parents were not told who my son was either. The teacher who called(not the one who witnessed the incident) me initially misinformed me on these details and on a few other things. She is the one who flipped out more then anyone from the way it sounds.
edit on 27-4-2012 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
reply to post by coop039

Let me guess.... your son is white and the girl is black. Am I correct? I know I am. I don't need to ax no more questions.

I honestly dont know the race of the little girl. But yes, my little boy is white.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The teacher who called(not the one who witnessed the incident) me initially misinformed me on these details and on a few other things. She is the one who flipped out more then anyone from the way it sounds.

That's even worse, I would have requested an apology.
If she was asked to call you and let you know you need to come in that's one thing.
To go off and threaten you with CPS, which from your OP distressed you...
She needs to be reprimanded, and apologize.
Teachers at least at the school I volunteered at have a script when calling parents and aren't supposed to deviate or ad lib, or soap box, let alone make threats.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia

The teacher who called(not the one who witnessed the incident) me initially misinformed me on these details and on a few other things. She is the one who flipped out more then anyone from the way it sounds.

That's even worse, I would have requested an apology.
If she was asked to call you and let you know you need to come in that's one thing.
To go off and threaten you with CPS, which from your OP distressed you...
She needs to be reprimanded, and apologize.
Teachers at least at the school I volunteered at have a script when calling parents and aren't supposed to deviate or ad lib, or soap box, let alone make threats.

I tend to agree. On the one hand, I'm sure you just want to move on, as it has obviously been stressful for you. On the other hand, I think it would be good if the principal would make this teacher call you back personally to take back what she said about DFS, and apologize for the unnecessary stress she caused you. Talk about someone needing to learn a lesson - this teacher made a serious mistake and needs to learn her lesson!!

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That's just sad!

Does a 7 year old boy even have knowledge about what "sex" means, or even further, what "sexual harassment" means?
Even if so, it's beside the point because what did (if according to his parent), it's a perfectly accepted behavior for a child.

This world is getting crazier and crazier...

edit on 27-4-2012 by Rotas because: spelling

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
People today are such drama queens in today's world. They make a big deal over stuff, they probably did when they were young. People will do anything to get attention. Your son was right by what he did. I understand hes young but next time he should just tell the person to pull up their pants.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

i hate to dwell on the subject but didnt your son tell you who the girl was? have you seen the kids in his class? have you ever seen any kids with their pants falling down or was this an isolated incident? well hopefully your son learned a lesson that in no way should he have pulled her pants up for her, its just not appropriate. if he had a problem he could have told the girl or the teachers that he felt it was offensive. i am sure you are glad the stupid charge of sexual harassment which was totally overboard in my opinion, was reduced. you guys can now get over it and move on.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wow. Just wow.
That's really f**d up man. I really hopes this turns out well because the system is really crazy.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

reply to post by coop039

i hate to dwell on the subject but didnt your son tell you who the girl was? have you seen the kids in his class? have you ever seen any kids with their pants falling down or was this an isolated incident? well hopefully your son learned a lesson that in no way should he have pulled her pants up for her, its just not appropriate. if he had a problem he could have told the girl or the teachers that he felt it was offensive. i am sure you are glad the stupid charge of sexual harassment which was totally overboard in my opinion, was reduced. you guys can now get over it and move on.

The girl was not in his class so I wouldnt know her even if they told me her name.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by coop039

Sounds to me like OP has been excluded from info she should be privy to. Everyone reading this knows the girls parents know exactly who her boy is and she is just being kept out of the loop. It was probaqbly a conscious game to get the OP to freak out unnecissarily.

OP tell your kid to get verbal to defend himself as opposed to physical things (like grabbing the girls pants). They hate it when the kids do that as there is no reprimand for words/concepts a child does not understand. It will also help him to build confidence among that specific set of peer and possibly take his alpha position.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

reply to post by coop039

The girl was not in his class so I wouldnt know her even if they told me her name.

Dont worry, conspiracy nut is just doing his job to help try to keep programming you into submission. Now you have this nice mark on your kids record. It was reduced, great! Now you still have that mark but its less of a mark. Now fall back in line until something else comes up down the road then they will throw it in your face. RTemember, just do what your told. And make sure you act happy lol, wouldnt want them doing anything more or "upgrading" your childs mark.

These people are #ing up your psych and it will in turn fall onto your programming of your kid. Just keep in mind that there are tricks all about OP. I may sound harsh but im on your side, you need to protect that kid from system predators. Just be aware when people say things and take actions. Make sure they are not telling you one thing and doing another. I hate to see them mess with families, I imagine all the future horrors they will create with their games. Protect your kid.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
is the school going to do anything about the girl wearing her pants low? did they at least acknowledge that the girl did in fact have sagging pants showing her underwear? so after all was said and done do you still believe that your son did was innocently pick up the girls pants? if she wasnt in his class did he know the girl? i'm just saying if he didnt know the girl it would have made it even more inappropriate. did your son learn his lesson to keep his hands to himself?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by strangedays

i'm sorry i hate to play devils advocate, i'm just sayin i know parents can go into protective momma/poppa bear mode when these things happen and its very easy to believe your son/daughters version of events. i have a son and if this sort of thing happens i will be sure to look at it from all the different sides and as bad as it sounds i will not so quick to defend or believe what my son tells me 100% i was a kid once too and i know how one can pull the wool over ones eyes. i always said that the sexual harassment charge was way out of line, but that doesent change the fact that kids need to learn to keep their hands to themselves. i have a cynical personality and i am a firm believer in the there are 3 sides to every story. my story, your story and the real story.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

is the school going to do anything about the girl wearing her pants low? did they at least acknowledge that the girl did in fact have sagging pants showing her underwear? so after all was said and done do you still believe that your son did was innocently pick up the girls pants? if she wasnt in his class did he know the girl? i'm just saying if he didnt know the girl it would have made it even more inappropriate. did your son learn his lesson to keep his hands to himself?

You have got to be kidding.

You want to teach a seven year old a lesson by suspending him for five days?

Also, you do realize the adults created this whole mess?

This should of been handled with a simple reminder to the young man.

In my experience you have to tell a 7 year old child at least a 1000 times to Keep his hands to himself.

This is a huge over reaction by the school.

They even threw in the old "we will call protective services". Clearly a veiled threat.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i totally agree that they overreacted, and the suspension as well as the initial charge were way over the line. i remember a kid brought a playboy to school and showed all the other kids, his nickname after that was bush lol!!!! i cant remember exactly how long but he did get suspended for a few days. later in junior high the punishment for fighting was usually 3 days. one thing is for sure i bet the kid in question wont be "pulling anyones pants up for them" anytime soon. lesson learned, move on, but if the kids dad keeps having a my son didnt do anything wrong attitude it will be sure to rub off on his son and maybe he wont learn his lesson.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by karen61057

Do you think it is alright for 6 yr old girls to run around school with their butt crack showing?

You think this boy was the only one who noticed? How much teasing was going on here, and was this regular dress for this girl?

The boy was 7, and doing the silly things children do at that age. Tell him not to do it, send him to the principle and a good lecture, but don't suspend him, and turn it into a criminal case, that is ridiculous.

At the same time, do something about the girls dressing habits. She shouldn't be running around school with her butt crack showing. That is probably more damaging to her than what the boy did.

edit on 25-4-2012 by poet1b because: add n't

Lets not make excuses for the kid. If I saw a kid with her panties showing I would descretely tell her to pull her pants up. Even if it happens every single day of the week the boy was still out of place in putting his hands on the girl. If it happened every time they went out for recess it would still not be ok. It will NEVER BE OK.
The girl probably didnt know her panties were showing. I am sure she was not flaunting her little Dora The Explorer panties for everyone to see.
Next you'll be saying she was pole dancing around the monkey bars and so deserved this and more.
The woman in the short skirt is not asking to be raped. Dont blame the clothing. Or say that she deserved this because of what she had on. Its the same thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Blah blah blah, an adult, trying to put themself in the shoes of a kid, and think they would react the same as they would now. Kids don't think like adults, and I feel sorry for you if you do not know that. With your years of experience in the world, you know it. A 7 year old does not.
edit on Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:26:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join