It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issa calls Obama admin. ‘the most corrupt government in history’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Issa calls Obama admin. ‘the most corrupt government in history’
By Stephen C. Webster -- The Raw Story
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 16:54 EDT

U.S. Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) was interviewed by Bloomberg Business and had some very very interesting points about past, current, and future investigations involving the Obama Administration.

He seems to focus on the Obama "Appointees" who need to be held responsible for all the fiascoes and boondoggles and criminal corruption that appears to be rampid and out of control.

The article has the entire interview (7.5 minutes) at the end of the story.

Issa makes the "most corrupt government in history" comment at around 6:20 in the video.
(he insinuated that it is his opinion, but then again he would know)

An opposing view is mentioned in the article that the Reagan Administration has the dubious honor of being the most corrupt.
(according to opinions in a book)

The Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform thinks that the Obama administration is “the most corrupt in history,” and he’s not afraid to say it.

Speaking to Bloomberg on Tuesday, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) insisted that the president’s political appointees must be held accountable for their actions, citing the recent General Services Administration graft scandal and a failed solar power company, Solyndra, that the Obama administration had invested in.

“If they reported to the White House and the White House did nothing, shame on the White House,” he said. “But even if they didn’t report to the White House, we still have to say, ‘Why weren’t they doing their job of protecting the American people?’ Political appointees cost a lot of money to the taxpayers. If they’re… giving awards for bad behavior, they’ve got to go.”

He added: “But again, we’re very busy in Washington with a corrupt government, with a government that I said a year ago, because of the money, because of the TARP and stimulus funds, was going to be the most corrupt government in history, and it is proving to be that.”

Has the Obama Administration gone completely Nuts ?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Do you ever get tired of beating this dead horse?

2nd question: Is Romney going to solve all our problems?

You create dozens of anti-Obama threads, is there a candidate you support, or something you feel the people should do to fix the mess we're in? Or is it just going to be the same thread day after day, week after week?

edit on 25-4-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I knew this 3 years ago so i do have to agree and a litte known fact is that most of the tarp money has been repaid which begs to ask where is that money now?

Can't answer that can we?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yes of course, congress says the executive administration is the guilty body of government responsible for all of the corruption in government. Because congress does not have any say in anything. Congress does not vote on anything. Congress does not draft the bills and approve them. Congress is innocent. It is the other guy.

The whole government is guilty, corrupt, and shares in the responsibility.
edit on 25-4-2012 by emberscott because: spelling

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Issa is elite business man trying to get tax policies put into place that will
further enrich him and his friends, what else do you expect him to say?

Exports are up 34%

All negative -

Oh

and I'll disagree -

W Bush was more corrupt than Reagan and Obama -

Last I checked neither of those guys lied to get us into a two trillion dollar war,
or looked the other way while the banking industry demonetized the monetary
system for 8 years.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well the DOE guaranteed the solyndra loan and other green loans that have failed and the white house blocked congressional sobpena attempts.

So Yeah that is on the Executive branch.

campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 25-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I knew this 3 years ago so i do have to agree and a litte known fact is that most of the tarp money has been repaid which begs to ask where is that money now?

Can't answer that can we?

Wheres the 2 trillion that got blown in Iraq blowing up people?

That's four times as much money

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

Same place 120 trillion dollars is for those social programs democrats love so much.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Currently spending over 2 trillion on social security and medicare Social Security is broke and left with a 15 trillion dollar IOU Followed by another 20 trillion for prescription drugs follows by 82 trillion for medicare and of course

everything that has been spent in the last 50 years.

it would be nice if some people would actually stick to the topic being discussed.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Correction!
It is the most transparently corrupt government in history.
The biggest clue was when Pelosi came out and said it would be the most ethical Congress ever, before she lost.

Anyway, here is part of the reason for the corruption.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Same place 120 trillion dollars is for those social programs democrats love so much.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Currently spending over 2 trillion on social security and medicare Social Security is broke and left with a 15 trillion dollar IOU Followed by another 20 trillion for prescription drugs follows by 82 trillion for medicare and of course

everything that has been spent in the last 50 years.

120 trillion???

That's the GPD for 10 years -

Medicare is fully funding (until conservatives find a way to sabotage it of course)

But see, there is a difference supplying old people with healthcare and blowing up
peasants in a country half a world away. I can't believe you could compare the two
practices.

A bomb dropped in Iraq doesn't go to buying food or supporting business in the US.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This guy must be a idiot then if he think the obama Gov is more corrupt then say the Gov of Somalia, Afghanistan, Myanmar, iraq....

You are quite clearly anti obama and this thread is like other, over sensationalism

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The two big government entitlement programs, Medicare and Social Security, are going broke sooner than expected Read more: articles.businessinsider.com...

articles.businessinsider.com...

Yeah "fully funded".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Do you ever get tired of beating this dead horse?

2nd question: Is Romney going to solve all our problems?

You create dozens of anti-Obama threads, is there a candidate you support, or something you feel the people should do to fix the mess we're in? Or is it just going to be the same thread day after day, week after week?

I don't write the news stories, the media does, so NO, I'm not tired.
All the Obama stories exist because there is a lot of corruption being exposed day by day.

I don't know about Romney solving problems. Not much to go on. All speculation.
He never held a national office that I know of.

All people need to do is to watch for and recognize the corruption and avoid the traps.
But that's hard to do with an extreme left wing agenda controlling so much of the economy.

The only recent fix was the conservative economic boom of the early and mid 200_'s.

But that was shot down by the worldwide Ultra Left Wing financial collapse of 2008.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
reply to post by xuenchen

This guy must be a idiot then if he think the obama Gov is more corrupt then say the Gov of Somalia, Afghanistan, Myanmar, iraq....

You are quite clearly anti obama and this thread is like other, over sensationalism

And what exactly does Somalia, Afghanistan, Myanmar, iraq have to do with Obama Inc. being corrupt and criminal ?

I am anti Obama Corruption ... it is wide spread and rampant.

His own brand of revised Marxist policies and agendas are obvious.

The entire administration is infested and so are all the "outside" consultants and advisers.

edit on Apr-25-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I believe that when they killed Kennedy that's when they infiltrated the WH. After all, Kennedy warned ...by name...the Military Ind. Complex.

A current list of Bilderburg should give you the culprits and the History behind them and how they all connect. That would make a great book.

Regan=Bush=Clinton=Bush=Obama....

Bush started a lot of what's going on and so did Clinton and so...each person accelerating the plan.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

I believe that when they killed Kennedy that's when they infiltrated the WH. After all, Kennedy warned ...by name...the Military Ind. Complex.

A current list of Bilderburg should give you the culprits and the History behind them and how they all connect. That would make a great book.

Bush started a lot of what's going on and so did Clinton and so...each person accelerating the plan.

You've got it all wrong! There was no corruption in the American government before 2008, everyone knows that! (With the exception of Clinton of course)

There was no Iran-Contra. There was no Patriot Act. There weren't trillions wasted on Iraq and Afghanistan in the name of oil.

Republicans are saints, Democrats hate freedom and if you disagree you hate America and capitalism, simple as that

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I do love their arguments "it was always corrupt"

but its now even more corrupt so no big deal.

Doesn't matter what the great big O does he always comes out smelling like a rose.

Meh

PS!

Pelosi promised the most ethical congress and government in this nations history drain the swamp and all that crap.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

I think it started with Lincoln. Big fat fed land/money/power grabs cloaked as something else

Anyway, what irks me so much is that this administration seems so blatant about it. It really is in our faces and the evidence is there laid plain to see, but most folks dont bother. Its business as usual pretty much unless youre one of the folks who has lost their home, business, medical, etc... and then you have a quiet voice by time your best laid plans have been destroyed. People are still living as if there is still an American Dream.. even I am guilty of it.. when all signs point to disaster ahead.
Obama.. Bush.. just different flavors of the same BS. Our govt is so entrenched in this whole mindset that it wouldnt matter if we raised Thomas Jefferson from the dead... there wouldnt be any headway to make without unseating every last one and starting over as was intended, being led by the common man among our citizens and not this "new elite" in America.. which just isnt that new at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join