It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April exports up 34% at $24 bn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The current financial year (2011-12) began well for the country’s exports which grew by an impressive 34.4 per cent annually in April at $23.9 billion. Imports reached $32.8 billion, up 14.1 per cent compared to the same month a year ago.

However, exporters have said while exports are growing in value terms, the high cost of credit is eroding their margins. In April, the balance of trade — the difference between a country’s exports and its imports — in April stood at $ (-) 8.9 billion, according to the initial estimated released by Commerce Secretary Rahul Khullar here today. The figures could be revised once the official data gets released on June 1.

www.business-standard.com...

Let's Hope this continues to keep moving in the right direction. I think Americans goods will have a
resurgence, people here and abroad understand that American goods are the best and there is
something to be said about quality.

I only hope credit and gas prices do not impede this trend too much.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Not negative enough???

We are all gonna die!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Exporting natural resources is a hallmark of a 3rd world country.

During April, the sectors that did well in export are engineering that grew 109 per cent, gems and jewellery 39 per cent, electronic goods 48 per cent, petroleum products 53 per cent, plastics and linoleum 30 per cent. In imports, petroleum products grew 7.7 per cent, pearls and precious stones increased 19 per cent and gold 60 per cent.

So our petroleum exports grew 53 per cent, but our import of petroleum products grew at 7.7 per cent....hmmmm

How can we export engineering at 109 percent??

edit on 24-4-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

During April, the sectors that did well in export are engineering that grew 109 per cent, gems and jewellery 39 per cent, electronic goods 48 per cent, petroleum products 53 per cent, plastics and linoleum 30 per cent. In imports, petroleum products grew 7.7 per cent, pearls and precious stones increased 19 per cent and gold 60 per cent.

LOL

Engineering grew 109% - even electronic goods... Don't be too enthused

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

So our petroleum exports grew 53 per cent, but our import of petroleum products grew at 7.7 per cent....hmmmm

How can we export engineering at 109 percent??

edit on 24-4-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

That is related tech and goods

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
[
edit on 24-4-2012 by neo96 because: link broke

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

WASHINGTON (Reuters) — The nation’s trade deficit widened slightly more than expected in December, as stronger economic growth lifted imports to the highest level in three and a half years, the Commerce Department said on Friday.

www.nytimes.com...

Woohoo! up only 34% be still my heart pay no attention to that 300 billion dollar trade deficit with China.

I see you are looking at data from December - I think you like it when America does bad, that
is the really crappy thing I notice about your outlook. That is a sad way to look at the world and
it says nothing about your ideas that you have to promote bad news to make your desires look
palatable.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

That was dated 2 months ago and the link broke so.......

Anyways we need to be exporting a lot more.
its working agian

That is a sad way to look at the world and it says nothing about your ideas that you have to promote bad news to make your desires look palatable.

pot calling the kettle
edit on 24-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

That was dated 2 months ago and the link broke so.......

Anyways we need to be exporting a lot more.
its working agian

That is a sad way to look at the world and it says nothing about your ideas that you have to promote bad news to make your desires look palatable.

pot calling the kettle

Still stands, exports up 34% aren't you happy for you country?

My personal ideology is about optimism, I don't think all downtrodden people are leaches, that's you.
If I call you out on your negativity, that's fair, you are really anti- people, just read your own posts.
edit on 24-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Exports are up and normal persons first queston is "How much are we importing?" followed by "What is the trade deficit".

Because that is jobs which means wealth which means loss of revenue to the economy and lost of taxes to fund the Government.

My ideology is about optimism, I don't think all downtrodden people are leaches, that's you.

1 offtopic
2 could care less personal comments are not relevant to the topic being discussed.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Exports are up and normal persons first queston is "How much are we exporting?" followed by "What is the trade deficit".

Because that is jobs which means wealth which means loss of revenue to the economy and lost of taxes to fund the Government.

My ideology is about optimism, I don't think all downtrodden people are leaches, that's you.

1 offtopic
2 could care less personal obeservations are not relevant to the topic being discussed.

Does it matter? It is is more than 20% - if an average person got a 20% raise they would be stoked.
But I see you are gonna find a way to make something positive into a negative.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Its good that Exports rise.

Unless the Job Market rises with it,the Average American wont see the benefits.

Will Jobs Grow, Too? Now remember, the president's secondary goal with the increase in exports was to also add 2 million jobs. Cowen says growth there has been a bit more sluggish. "Companies have become more productive by shedding workers and lowering costs," he says. "So I don't, at the moment, view exporting as a way of creating a very large number of jobs, but it will create a lot of output and profits." So not every business or worker is necessarily benefiting from the export boom in the U.S., and Cowen says that could ultimately lead to a polarization of economic outcomes. "If you're an owner of capital, a business ... or someone with technical skills that works with smart machines, I'm extremely optimistic," he says. "[But] if you're someone that is not that skilled and faced with dysfunctional education and healthcare systems, then I'd say I'm fairly pessimistic."

Made In The USA: An Export Boom

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Its good that Exports rise.

Unless the Job Market rises with it,the Average American wont see the benefits.

Will Jobs Grow, Too? Now remember, the president's secondary goal with the increase in exports was to also add 2 million jobs. Cowen says growth there has been a bit more sluggish. "Companies have become more productive by shedding workers and lowering costs," he says. "So I don't, at the moment, view exporting as a way of creating a very large number of jobs, but it will create a lot of output and profits." So not every business or worker is necessarily benefiting from the export boom in the U.S., and Cowen says that could ultimately lead to a polarization of economic outcomes. "If you're an owner of capital, a business ... or someone with technical skills that works with smart machines, I'm extremely optimistic," he says. "[But] if you're someone that is not that skilled and faced with dysfunctional education and healthcare systems, then I'd say I'm fairly pessimistic."

Made In The USA: An Export Boom

The job market has risen for the last 20 months, using the same exact data set that they have
been using for over a decade. I'll be it not very fast, but it is rising -

""If you're an owner of capital, a business ... or someone with technical skills that works with smart machines, I'm extremely optimistic," he says. "[But] if you're someone that is not that skilled and faced with dysfunctional education and healthcare systems, then I'd say I'm fairly pessimistic."
edit on 25-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

It isn't really all that positive. It is good but not good enough. The best news would be that imports are down while exports are up. It does little to no good for exports to go up when imports are going up as well. And both parties have had decades to address our trade deficits and chose to do nothing about them. It is a big factor in why we have lost so many jobs, and now we are getting to the point where 6 or 7% unemployment is considered full employment level.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

It isn't really all that positive. It is good but not good enough. The best news would be that imports are down while exports are up. It does little to no good for exports to go up when imports are going up as well. And both parties have had decades to address our trade deficits and chose to do nothing about them. It is a big factor in why we have lost so many jobs, and now we are getting to the point where 6 or 7% unemployment is considered full employment level.

This is a step in just that direction - it means that orders in US manufacturing lead to more
hours and orders.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I would think the increase in exports was due to oil.

Take oil out of the equation and maybe it's not as good ? I don't know.

If oil played a major role, we need the Keystone pipeline to be completed, as well as The US Desperately Needs An East-West Pipeline

I would also think the increase in exports did very little for the employment debacle.
And perhaps if employment levels were as good as the 2006/2007 levels, maybe the "imports" are higher ?

The vast majority of 2011 "production" was done with people already working.

But I do see some positives with the report.

It tells me that at least some conservative businesses have found ways around the anti-business climate motivated by the ultra liberal left wing destructive financial agendas that continue to plague the entire nation.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I would think the increase in exports was due to oil.

It tells me that at least some conservative businesses have found ways around the anti-business climate motivated by the ultra liberal left wing destructive financial agendas that continue to plague the entire nation.

God, you are truly a party operative all day and all night.

The anti business climate was created by banks destroying the western economic system,
remember

April, the sectors that did well in export are engineering that grew 109 per cent, gems and jewellery 39 per cent, electronic goods 48 per cent, petroleum products 53 per cent, plastics and linoleum 30 per cent. In imports, petroleum products grew 7.7 per cent, pearls and precious stones increased 19 per cent and gold 60 per cent.
edit on 25-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You do realize that the Keystone pipeline will in fact raise gas prices in the nations breadbasket right? You do understand what that will do to food prices right? This is on top of putting the possibility of a hazardous disaster right on top of the largest aquifer in the country. Just what do you think what will happen if there is a leak and it gets contaminated? I'll clue you in, the Great Lake states will tell them the same thing they tell the Southern States "screw you". All this for a pipeline that will create minimal permanent jobs, and increase our exportation of natural resources. Which while were talking about it, just why are we exporting oil when the Republican Party is screaming we need to drill more here to lower fuel costs? Need any help putting that "kick me" sign that you seem to want on your back?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by xuenchen

You do realize that the Keystone pipeline will in fact raise gas prices in the nations breadbasket right? You do understand what that will do to food prices right? This is on top of putting the possibility of a hazardous disaster right on top of the largest aquifer in the country. Just what do you think what will happen if there is a leak and it gets contaminated? I'll clue you in, the Great Lake states will tell them the same thing they tell the Southern States "screw you". All this for a pipeline that will create minimal permanent jobs, and increase our exportation of natural resources. Which while were talking about it, just why are we exporting oil when the Republican Party is screaming we need to drill more here to lower fuel costs? Need any help putting that "kick me" sign that you seem to want on your back?

I wasn't aware of the pipelines raising gas prices here in the U.S.

I'll have to find some research.

I though a lot of new jobs were associated with the pipelines ?

Need any help putting that "kick me" sign that you seem to want on your back?

I might, I just might.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

God, you are truly a party operative all day and all night.

The anti business climate was created by banks destroying the western economic system,
remember

I rarely mention specific political parties, where did I this time ?

Now why would "the banks" all by themselves kill off business climates ?
What do you think was their reasoning and/or goals behind that brilliant idea ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join