It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April exports up 34% at $24 bn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The housing market suffered some real bad news today I guess.

Sales of new homes fell in March by the largest amount in more than a year, indicating that the U.S. housing market remains under strain despite some modest signs of improvement.

The Commerce Department said Tuesday that sales dropped 7.1 percent in March to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 328,000 units. That followed a 7.3 percent increase in sales in February. This figure was revised up from an initial estimate that February sales had fallen 1.6 percent.

The weakness in March could reflect that a warmer-than-normal winter caused sales that normally occur at the start of the spring sales season in March to occur in February instead.
US new-home sales down 7 percent in March

Devastating news !!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by braindeadconservatives

God, you are truly a party operative all day and all night.

The anti business climate was created by banks destroying the western economic system,
remember

I rarely mention specific political parties, where did I this time ?

Now why would "the banks" all by themselves kill off business climates ?
What do you think was their reasoning and/or goals behind that brilliant idea ?

Greed - plain and simple, it was a miscalculation, but that doesn't matter when you
get filthy rich, does it?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The housing market is going to continue to decline. Those that work in housing construction are going to find themselves on the receiving end of the Chinese paycut. People can't afford to buy houses so anyone in a related field (construction, and those producing materials) is going to face shrinking wages until new homes are priced for people to buy. This is the price we pay for 8 years of economic policy designed to run entirely on the housing market, while everything else stagnated.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The housing market suffered some real bad news today I guess.

Sales of new homes fell in March by the largest amount in more than a year, indicating that the U.S. housing market remains under strain despite some modest signs of improvement.

The Commerce Department said Tuesday that sales dropped 7.1 percent in March to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 328,000 units. That followed a 7.3 percent increase in sales in February. This figure was revised up from an initial estimate that February sales had fallen 1.6 percent.

The weakness in March could reflect that a warmer-than-normal winter caused sales that normally occur at the start of the spring sales season in March to occur in February instead.
US new-home sales down 7 percent in March

Devastating news !!

So you are gonna come in the thread and post so negative stuff so you can eclipse positive stuff?

Do I do that in your constant stream of negative threads?

March will be adjusted like Feb. just like Jan was adjusted - all UP

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by xuenchen

The housing market is going to continue to decline. Those that work in housing construction are going to find themselves on the receiving end of the Chinese paycut. People can't afford to buy houses so anyone in a related field (construction, and those producing materials) is going to face shrinking wages until new homes are priced for people to buy. This is the price we pay for 8 years of economic policy designed to run entirely on the housing market, while everything else stagnated.

I disagree, housing will not decline, it has picked up in my area, three new developments within
three blocks.

Prices will normalize, but it will come back, the data has been moving the same way for over a year
now consistent with how housing has predicted economic trends for decades.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by braindeadconservatives

So you are gonna come in the thread and post so negative stuff so you can eclipse positive stuff?

Come now.

There's good news with the bad,in EVERY thread.

Sheesh,quit moderating your OWN thread,and let those post what they want.

Or call a MOD to do it for you.....

Because April was a good month,doesn't mean the last 20 years,hasn't had its ups and downs.

Props though,on looking at the good side of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Nope it is perking up, but it is heading for collapse again. We are still following the same policies we were before, with slightly more oversight. Banks love to give loans to people that have already filed bankruptcy, because they have years before they can again.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I disagree, housing will not decline, it has picked up in my area, three new developments within
three blocks.

Prices will normalize, but it will come back, the data has been moving the same way for over a year

Question.

Is this indicative of the current Administration,helping out our economy,or is this indicative of those who own businesses,doing what they do best?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

three blocks.

Question.

Is this indicative of the current Administration,helping out our economy,or is this indicative of those who own businesses,doing what they do best?

IT's indicative of alot - Most importantly is that the economy is coming back.

It was also a campaign "promise" of the Muslim president, to increase exports, so it
might be due to some of his policies.

It is also indicative of American success

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

three blocks.

Question.

It was also a campaign "promise" of the Muslim president, to increase exports, so it

the economy isn't coming back, it's stagnant, unless you believe the hedged numbers the dept of labor puts out. there is only 58% of able bodied people working in our country right now, only 1 in 2 degree students coming out of college has gainful employment. the top 10 banks are leveraged at well over 300 trillion dollars, more than 3x the world GDP for 3 years.

the mexicans are leaving for lack of work and the reason for exports going up has more to do with the depreciating dollar than anything else, along with oil exports. if the koolaid tastes good by all means continue drinking it my friend.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

three blocks.

Question.

the economy isn't coming back, it's stagnant, unless you believe the hedged numbers the dept of labor puts out. there is only 58% of able bodied people working in our country right now, only 1 in 2 degree students coming out of college has gainful employment. the top 10 banks are leveraged at well over 300 trillion dollars, more than 3x the world GDP for 3 years.

the mexicans are leaving for lack of work and the reason for exports going up has more to do with the depreciating dollar than anything else, along with oil exports. if the koolaid tastes good by all means continue drinking it my friend.

IT is coming back, it is just not booming - The department of labor numbers have used the
same metrics for over a decade. I think the main reason economic activity is not picking up
more steam is psychological more than functional. Look at this bloody place, it thrives on
negativity... Look at the contributors to this thread, they went out of their way to promote
negatives basically to market their political outlook by blaming this lackluster economy on
their rivals - The communist muslim president -

All this economy needs is a change in perspective, that's it, you'll see...

As far as the long term structural problem - things will take their course. But economy I live in
is much better than it was, I'm not gonna lay down and die, you can walk around with a storm
over your head that you follow around to make sure it always raining, that is your right, brother
edit on 25-4-2012 by braindeadconservatives because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

three blocks.

Question.

IT is coming back, it is just not booming - The department of labor numbers have used the same metrics
for over a decade. I think the main reason economic activity is not picking up more steam is psychological
more than functional. Look at this bloody place, it thrives on negativity... Look at the contributors to this
thread, they went out of their way to promote negatives basically to market their political outlook by
blaming this lackluster economy on their rivals - The communist muslim president -

i don't thrive on negativity, i thrive on truth and reality, whether it's good or not good. i could go on with reality figures but i'm not a sadist. i hate what i see, not fun talking about it at all, but walking around wearing them rose colored glasses, like our lying govt's doing, isn't going to help either.

we will get it right one day, but so much will have to happen in the interim that speculation on "the good times" is many years premature, hell we haven't even fell off the cliff yet.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

three blocks.

Question.

IT is coming back, it is just not booming - The department of labor numbers have used the same metrics
for over a decade. I think the main reason economic activity is not picking up more steam is psychological
more than functional. Look at this bloody place, it thrives on negativity... Look at the contributors to this
thread, they went out of their way to promote negatives basically to market their political outlook by
blaming this lackluster economy on their rivals - The communist muslim president -

i don't thrive on negativity, i thrive on truth and reality, whether it's good or not good. i could go on with reality figures but i'm not a sadist. i hate what i see, not fun talking about it at all, but walking around wearing them rose colored glasses, like our lying govt's doing, isn't going to help either.

we will get it right one day, but so much will have to happen in the interim that speculation on "the good times" is many years premature, hell we haven't even fell off the cliff yet.

Well what do you say to up tick in exports?

Those are orders that are filled by workers and transported by Americans to ports.

That is truth and reality and what I see here is a damn sight better than three years ago,
not due to rose colored glasses, I see it, parking lots are full and there are lines again...

But in the end nothing will change until peoples attitudes change, that is the magic in economics
that cannot be quantified with data.

Why don't you try it for a spell, the world needs more smiles anyways

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

i smile everyday for myself, right now i'm grateful for what i have, i weep everyday for what my kids and grand kids are looking at if Americans keep smiling and waving and thinking everything's ok, nothing to see here, go back to baseball and american idol. that's why they are able to steal and destroy everything good, because people are too busy worrying about smiling and feeling good, instead of educating themselves and caring about what thing are truly like.

i admire your zeal for good vibes and i too enjoy it, but i cannot ignore the quagmire of dire situations we have right on our door steps, it just wouldn't be responsible if i can't tell my kids i did the best i could to keep them free and able to have a life.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

i smile everyday for myself, right now i'm grateful for what i have, i weep everyday for what my kids and grand kids are looking at if Americans keep smiling and waving and thinking everything's ok, nothing to see here, go back to baseball and american idol. that's why they are able to steal and destroy everything good, because people are too busy worrying about smiling and feeling good, instead of educating themselves and caring about what thing are truly like.

i admire your zeal for good vibes and i too enjoy it, but i cannot ignore the quagmire of dire situations we have right on our door steps, it just wouldn't be responsible if i can't tell my kids i did the best i could to keep them free and able to have a life.

Well we shall see who is right soon enough, if in five years things are better, I hope you will
remember my optimism and your skepticism. In the end, they cannot get blood from a stone,
you remember that. So they depend on this construct to survive, I think they care for this construct
more than physical money itself, so don't under estimate their desire to keep this going and the inevitable
return of the dream. After all, this is ALL a dream, everything you buy is priced with a dream figure
that someone constructed, the computer you use and its value is only knowable when you size
it up to other things that are constructed with speculative prices affixed to them.

We are all tangled in this mess, but I assure you, this mess has been going long before we were both
born and somehow this "get better".

If this system falls down, then the sooner we get to cleaning it up... Lastly about your
fears - I do not look around and see the actual agents who will take away freedom, it
takes men to do that and I do not see them lurking. They will get us with our wallets,
so eventually we have to accept this entire system or cull it completely. You cannot
say you champion freedom when you support a system built upon foundations that
are corrupt no matter how pure the initial ideas were,when the beacons of light are the most
corrupted and they in turn are the source of the corruption. You cannot fix anything
until you look at the poison light, because anything your place before them will meet
the same fate.

Take care and when I say smile, I don't not mean drool, I mean recognize that you are in
the middle of the only life you have, you have love and you have food you have all you need.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join