It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 20, 2012 - A Significant Date

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

People say similar things about the pyramids and other stone structures that have been built. When people give up imaging how to be clever they think that people could not have made these things.

When people have to stoop to wacko ideas on how crop circles are made it simply is an admission of not taking the time to think. I'm sure that many of the techniques employed in making crop circles are elegant and often simplistic appearing. Yet it is the clever application of simple methods and of course practice that makes these installation art events interesting.

If someone claimed that they were magicians making crop circles then we would all wonder what "trick" they employed. Where was the misdirection? How did they do it? The same applies to crop circles. How do they convince you that it involves huge numbers of people? How do they convince you it is a small number of people? It's art. How do the artists do this? They are clever.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have to be honest. I woke up this morning wondering when they next doomsday thread would be. You have answered my prayers. I eat this stuff up!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
I stumbled on this in regards to that date

PLPL

Cool! Thanks for posting that video.

I wish the YouTuber who posted that video would've explained where that image was from, carved in a wall or drawn in some book? Either way, here's "roughly", the dialogue from the video with a few extra statements.

The picture shows an angel descending from heaven in a conjunction between the sun and moon (which is nothing but a solar eclipse). The picture shows also the alchemical symbol to reference the constellation Taurus the bull. In fact the next annular solar eclipse is a conjunction between the sun and the moon which will take place on 20 of the bull or Taurus. The angel descends from heaven on May 20 during the conjunction or eclipse, it appears naked on a meadow or Earth. The angel holding two swords on his left is attacked by the phoenix, symbol of the spiritual world, and we see here a man holding a sword in combat skills and menacing on which rests a phoenix. On the right side also shows a man, but benevolent and service skills to the angel.

While the fighting spirit world takes the fallen angel, humanity and the material world is at your service. Look at the garment of the men in the picture, his clothes are old, military-style and very similar to clothing worn by the men during the Middle Ages.

It could be military or Knights Templar. The angel who appears in the picture and the two men and the phoenix are on a large meadow, the background can be seen that the place is surrounded by forests and wide mountain ranges. Image also appears in two sets of wings that indicate only one thing; that the angels on this day have descended to earth to come into contact with humans and with the spiritual world there prevails

Interesting how various sources point to this date of May 20, 2012 and there's all these stories that go with this particular eclipse. I guess THEY are ALL wrong cause stereologist says so.

Thanks again for posting the video Minori!

edit on 4/24/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I guess THEY are ALL wrong cause stereologist says so.

You are furthering a hoax by:
1. Posting a false claim about the Mayans
2. Posting a false claim about a Nostradamus quatrain.

Here is what you wrote

Nostradamus DOES give the date. He refers to "in the month of May, Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus: Venus also. Cancer, Mars in Nonnay (cero)." When looking up that particular celestial occurance it points to May 2012. And the 2nd quatrain specifies the day of the 20th; " Sun twentieth of Taurus".

Here is what I wrote

So how does this identify any particular year?

Taurus is May to June. Mercury and Venus are close to the Sun and therefore near Taurus in May of every year. Mars is in Leo. Saturn is in Virgo. Jupiter is over by Pisces.

So how does this Nostradamus quatrain indicate this year?

The 20th of Taurus is the 20th of May? How did you get that? Did you count from the start of Taurus or the first of May and disregard Taurus altogether?

So in fact this does NOT indicate the date. The quatrain CANNOT mean this year.

Interesting how various sources point to this date of May 20, 2012 and there's all these stories that go with this particular eclipse.

This is not true is it?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

I didn't watch the video, but the image is a woodcut of Hermes carrying 2 caduceus, one in each hand. The woodcut is found in Second Key of Basil Valentine. Here Hermes is a healing god. The Sun and Moon are planted on Earth. No eclipse here. The wings are also on the ground. Above Hermes is the symbol for Mercury.

espacoastrologico.org...

The man to the left symbolizes the Fixity of the Dissolvent (confirmed by the snake, curled around the sharp sword), while the man to the right symbolizes, power of Volatilization (the rapid flight of the Eagle towards the Sun – the animus of alchemy, and the Gold of the spagyric search).

Sounds like you found yourself another hoax video.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hey guess what, you can make a prophecy too and here's how:

1. state a random math equation. (2+2=4, or 8 million/2 years times 8 moons, whatever)
2. state random words. ("The sun will dog up a rainbow" for example)

then put them together.

"In 8 moons, the sun will look like a dog shooting a rainbow."

viola!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Here's the facts:
1. Nostradamus wrote the quatrains I posted; many people interpret those quatrains to point to May 20th, 2012 due to the astrology references in the quatrains.

2. In 2005 & 2010 there were crop circles made by men, aliens, or spiritual beings that use Mayan imagery to point to May 20, 2012 and this particular annular eclipse.

3. There are many people, including Gerald Celente, that have commented on or posted videos about May 20, 2012 on the internet.

4. NASA confirms there will be an annular eclipse on May 20, 2012 and that the Earth, Sun, Moon, and the Pleiades will all be in alignment.

Those are FACTS. That's how I presented them.

Now ONCE AGAIN, I am NOT saying that the doom and gloom stories tied to this date will happen. In fact, I stated that I believe these stories are just that, stories added to these celestial events not to be taken literally but as alagories. Just as I believe the Bible and all it's stories are ALSO alagories for celestial events.

There is no need to attack me personally by saying I'm posting BS and that I'm saying "I don't think anything is going to happen" to "cover my ass" or whatever you spewed.

Whatever dude. You're boring. If you don't like the thread than move along and don't waste your time here.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Here are the real facts.
1. The astronomical conditions in the quatrain are not met. The unnamed people you refer to are called hoaxers and you could have verified that this was a hoax by checking to see where the planets were. Try www.astronomy.com next time.

2. Crop circles are made every year by people as installation art and they use all sorts of interesting motifs. Some of the symbols are Mesoamerican which are often Aztec and not Mayan. Sometimes they are modern New Age whatevers. The crop circles do not indicate particular dates. It is hoaxers that shovel this manure towards the gullible that make the claim.

3. There are lots of hoaxers, charlatans and frauds that make all sorts of ridiculous video claims because they know that the gullible are lazy and will slurp at the trough of baloney as long as it comes in video form.

Those are FACTS. That's how I presented them.

The fact is that you reposted ludicrous material that I have pointed out as faulty. Instead of defending these clowns you should consider doing your own research and not accepting all of the claims without a thought.

Now ONCE AGAIN, I am NOT saying that the doom and gloom stories tied to this date will happen. In fact, I stated that I believe these stories are just that, stories added to these celestial events not to be taken literally but as alagories. Just as I believe the Bible and all it's stories are ALSO alagories for celestial events.

I already pointed out that you made your post with a hedge. You also defended this junk. You defended the quatrain without checking it out. You also defneded the Mayan wacko stuff despite Xcalibur254 pointing it out as phoney.

There is no need to attack me personally by saying I'm posting BS and that I'm saying "I don't think anything is going to happen" to "cover my ass" or whatever you spewed.

Don't take it personally. Then again don't attack those that point out what a failure these claims are.

All I had to do with that idiotic video of the woodcut was to search images in Google and Yahoo. I knew the video was junk because of the caduceus int he woodcut. I thought the people might be Spanish. I checked the symbol and pretty soon a combination of a few possible keywords: Spanish pestilence disease woodcut Mercury and I got a hit.

Research is like making crop circles. Be a little clever and things happen.

Whatever dude. You're boring. If you don't like the thread than move along and don't waste your time here.

Maybe the thread should be moved to hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The title of the thread is "May 20, 2012 - A Significant Date"
It's a significant date because there's an annular eclipse; that's no hoax.
It's a significant date because there's some internet interest in May 20, 2012... no hoax there either.

People have theories about the date. That's all. Faking a film of bigfoot and trying to pass it off as true would be a hoax. I'm done replying to you.

edit on 4/24/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Watch Chicago on May 20th.

I didn't know about all of the other things you mentioned but I have posted here many times about the 'Clintonville Booms'.

It began on 3-20-2012. I was afraid something may have happened this past weekend but luckily nothing did.

So if you are in or around Chicago on May 20th just be on your toes.

2012 is getting creepy!!!!

edit on 24-4-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovemyworld
That means we have less than a month to go! It will be a NO MOON day here on that day.
If the earthquake comes true, We can expect the June6 date too will come true!

I'd be surprised if there was a great earthquake. We WILL have an annular eclipse, and the Earth, Sun, Moon, and Pleiades will be aligned on May 20, 2012 ...and on June 6th Venus will cross in front of the sun and that's probably all that will happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Watch Chicago on May 20th.

I didn't know about all of the other things you mentioned but I have posted here many times about the 'Clintonville Booms'.

It began on 3-20-2012. I was afraid something may have happened this past weekend but luckily nothing did.

So if you are in or around Chicago on May 20th just be on your toes.

2012 is getting creepy!!!!

I'm 40 miles south of Clintonville, WI. I have many friends and family in the Chicago suburbs. The G8 and NATO summit are in Chicago May 19-20 so there's already a lot of craziness going around in that area as the date draws nearer. Are you saying you think there may be an earthquake in this region around then?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Not completely true, my friend. Nostradamus was both:
Long regarded as an astrologer and the greatest prophet of the middle ages, not until recently was it realised that he had impressive credentials as an observational astronomer, and had actually invented the telescope before the birth of Galileo.

www.asnsw.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Thanks for point out the video that lied about the wood cut.

Thanks for pointing out the lie about the Nostradamus quatrain.

Thanks for pointing out the lie about the Mayans.

Thanks for pointing out how hoaxers have found gullible people that think that there is something special about an eclipse or an annular eclipse. I observed the one in 1994. It is interesting to know that it happened. Since the bulk of the path is across the Pacific few people will observe this event.

What you have observed is that every idiotic hoax has a kernel of truth such as a predicted eclipse in this case. Then the hoaxers pretend all sorts of things are tied into the event. The gullible repeat the hoaxes without thinking. It's what the gullible do.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Have you checked to see if the Pleiades will be aligned on that date? Sicne so much of what you posted has turned out to false I suspect this is also false.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MoEskiMo

That is a hilarious spoof. The folks that wrote that were really quite adept at writing humor. Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed it.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

That would be a big relief. Just in case, suppose a real earthquake of a bigger magnitude happened,
what would be everyone's reaction? Would all the Mayan prophecies turn out true? Nostradamus turn right?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I don't know but there are some strange things going on up there.

Probably coincidental but reading this thread really gave me the creepies.

I don't know anymore than you guys just trying to put the puzzle together.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

The op posted this in: 2012: Discussion and speculation related to the potential end of the world prophecies surrounding the year, 2012.

The op even eluded to the fact that they think this is all speculation. How can speculation be debunked?? If he had said "all of these things are facts" then sure, debunk away.

it's easy to debunk speculation, if it's completely unfounded.

Just because you are not presenting something as fact, doesn't mean that you cannot be way off base. I get that he said he doesn't necassarily believe it. But multiple people, who know a lot about this subject have weighed in.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lovemyworld

That would be a big relief. Just in case, suppose a real earthquake of a bigger magnitude happened,
what would be everyone's reaction? Would all the Mayan prophecies turn out true? Nostradamus turn right

The simple answer is no.

If I suggested that since all cows in the world are blue there will be a 6.6 quake or larger tomorrow. Suppose there is a quake. Are we now going to suppose that all cows are blue? Certainly not, just as Nostradamus' quatrain meaning the 20tyh of May when it is clear that it can't be due to the mismatch of astronomical conditions. Are there Mayan prophecies for 2012? Sort of. There is a Mayan calendar that predicts a shortage of squash of corn this year. Then again that calendar is a short term calendar.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join