May 20, 2012 - A Significant Date

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos
Yeah, great fresh doom and just less than a month to go.

Cant wait...

Another date to look forward too. It has been a couple months since we had a date to count down too.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Allow me to direct you to find any information you would like: Bing or Google, pretty cool tools. I just picked one statement and copied and pasted about Nostradamus bing both an astronomer and astrolger. But, tell you what, you search and pick which you like, okay?
I don't care if you do or you don't, BTW, so please do not report back that you will, won't, did, don't....okay?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MoEskiMo

Sorry if you didn't realize that the link you provided was a joke. The article was written by an Italian named Professor Pasta. The first name of this Pasta was al dente.

The joke continues after the name. It was very well written don't you think?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MoEskiMo

Sorry if you didn't realize that the link you provided was a joke. The article was written by an Italian named Professor Pasta. The first name of this Pasta was al dente.

The joke continues after the name. It was very well written don't you think?

That's Professor Aldenté Pasta, University of Bologna (an accredited university, no doubt)

Also this

Painstaking analysis of the rest of his verses reveals the same - i.e., first-class observational astronomy in code. President George W. Bush is rumoured to be so impressed that he has proposed naming a new telescope in Austin, Texas, after the great Astronomer, while soothsayers world wide are making appointments with their shrinks for urgent therapy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The joke link that was provided about Nostradamus is an excellent example of how funny claims can be made. The link has everything needed for a joke.
1. A fake person supposed to be an authority
2. Claims he invented something long before it was
3. Odd claim that language could not describe convex and concave
4. Access to lost knowledge
5. Anachronistic claims

I love this interpretation of the quatrain according to the lost document Galileo was supposed to have.

"Near the Bear Constellations and near the Milky Way, Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Mars, Jupiter and the Sun will burn up the great plain. Woods and cities, letters hidden in the candle light" - Here he complains about urban light pollution which was hampering his observations even in the 16th century.

Or what about this last sentence.

President George W. Bush is rumoured to be so impressed that he has proposed naming a new telescope in Austin, Texas, after the great Astronomer, while soothsayers world wide are making appointments with their shrinks for urgent therapy.

That one makes more sense than any of the claims made in this thread.
www.asnsw.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead

Originally posted by AllUrChips
On a serious note, what makes you so certain Nostradamus was referring to THIS May?

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Evildead

First, those quatrains from Nostradamus mention no date.

Nostradamus DOES give the date. He refers to "in the month of May, Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus: Venus also. Cancer, Mars in Nonnay (cero)." When looking up that particular celestial occurance it points to May 2012. And the 2nd quatrain specifies the day of the 20th; " Sun twentieth of Taurus".

edit on 4/23/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

Nostradamus does not give the date. He gives the astrological chart. Taurus is not May; Taurus is also in late April, according to our calendars. Here he speaks of the little marks in a star chart called degrees, not days. The 20th degree of Taurus. So, it is not "May 20th" by the quatrain. That is an invented fact, a jump to conclusion using a square calendar instead of the round one.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Sandalphon because: formatting

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I wonder if there will be anything else environmental happening on that date?. I dont think so because just as we cant predict the end of time we cant predict natural events

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
this date has been significant to me since i was a child

lol no bs i remember the exact moment it became significant

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rathyas

I would love to know what caused you to remember this specific date?
If you wish to share.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thanks OP, for your rather interesting beliefs and logical presentation.

Fact is, there is no way to prove you right or wrong. The future is never an exact science that repeated analysis can prove through as other facets of science could.

In any case, it is always good to be aware of the date, just as any other day in our lives, for each day is precious. None knows what will happen the next second. But we cannot and must never allow to live our precious gift of life in fear or take life for granted.

Whatever calamity that will come, as had came before, is only a matter of taking precautions and preparedness. Know what to do by instinct will save one's and even others' lives.

If one suddenly feels a building shaking, run out immediately and do not take anything with you. Life is more important than material stuff..
If one is driving on the road and feel tremors or get a tsunami warning, park the car at the side of the road so as not to block emergency vehicle, and run for you life to high ground.
If one is trapped underground, use a stick to always tap on metal surfaces to alert rescuers of your location.
If one sees an unattended bag left alone by the road, on the subway or bus, inform the authorities to check on them.
If one sees a lone gunman firing at others, leap at him, bring him down. You will die anyway, Better to die taking him down than letting him to continue murdering others.
When air raid sirens blares, get into shelters and keep the cellphones conversations short, so that others may have a chance to connect to others without jamming networks.
Get involve in disaster relief excercises, so that you may be more aware of what to do when SHTF if ever.

In democracies, no matter the disasters, there will be a gov to coordinate relief efforts, beginning with yourself, your community, state to the federal authorities, no matter whomever at the top is not around. The next guy takes over in the chain of command. So no need to panic or live in fear. Tune in to the radio always, as it be the only means of communication if phones and land line networks are disrupted.

Good luck, and may 20th May be just another day.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Fact is, there is no way to prove you right or wrong. The future is never an exact science that repeated analysis can prove through as other facets of science could.

The fact is that the "clues" used are wrong. That has been shown to be wrong such as the Nostradamus quatrain and the Mayan prophecy claim. If the basis for the claim is false, then the conclusion is without support.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thank you. I agree with everything you say.

I just came across this date of May 20, 2012 while researching eclipses and Jewish holidays/events and noticed there was interest beyond eclipses for this particular day. It sounded interesting. There IS an annular "ring of fire" eclipse on May 20 and Venus will transit the Sun on June 6th but the prophecies and stories attached to those events aren't meant to be taken literally... they were just trying to emphasize or bring attention to that date because of the astrological significance, that's all.
It's how they were able to pass on the information... the astronomy... the secret knowledge that only the educated knew.

I could go on but I have to go watch Survivor, Ghost Hunters, and South Park.
edit on 4/25/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

good thread, connecting things that are seemingly unconnected is the way to expand one's consciousness beyond the self imposed limits we put there. Certain dates are symbols for places where consciousness, both that of the individual and the collective, have ascribed a form of change or awakening. Some forces are not encouraged by those dates and seek to distract the focus from expansion to contraction via fear, pain, etc. Last year I pointed out to many that March 10-15 was an expansion zone and folks should look for something during that period that will whack the hell out of someone, someplace and create a lot of pain. Could be the 20th will be the same, but my sense is the real whack comes closer to the Olympic Games period.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The Crop circle video is interesting and there have been artifacts found supporting the return of the gods at the end of the 13th B'ak'tun, One of these is a pillar with some of the writing missing and another is a brick with the info encoded on the reverse side (in other words to hide the info from certain eyes but maybe for the eyes of future discoverers).

The nostradamus info is completely wrong. Just using Stellarium you can tell this info does not pertain to this period, in fact, it did apply to the year of 1549 when in May those planetary positions were in place and in November of that year was the large EQ and hailstorm. A quick google search also revealed this info.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
While I am quite familiar with this information on a personal level, I only wanted to add that while May 20, 2012 is indeed a date to note, we should begin to add the recent reports of Russian and foreign troop training in Denver CO set to begin on May 21-24 to protect American assets against domestic elements.

The Denver Airport along with NSA and CIA assets will be supposedly physically taken over and controlled by such foreign troops in an effort to protect such sites from being taken over by outside elements that threaten the existing regime in power.

Chicago on May 20 will begin the series of events and any possible false flag or acts of supposed terrorism that occurs on May 20, will later be used to justify the actions of the Russian troops, set to begin the very day after May 20, 2012 on May 21-24.

This timing is too coincidental to ignore and while this thread makes good use of other events that will occur on May 20, 2012, we should only see this date as a start date for future events that will lead to the Russian troop utilization.

We must begin viewing May 20 events as a designed and detailed planned event with follow on events that will support the initial act of terrorism or any such false flag event where foreign troops would be needed to quell American unrest and or protect American interests key to TPTB.

May 20 is an important date, but since its only the beginning, May 21-24 for the Russian troops can be seen as elements involved starting the day after Chicago and whatever events occur on that significant May 20 date in Chicago.

Not until we give this date and the follow on events more thought, will anything of what I just stated become self evident, because any major event of so called terrorism has the potential to justify Martial Law and on a personal level, I have always contended that no round ups or any processing of lists can occur without Martial Law being invoked so as to conceal the round ups from public knowledge and or discussion at a time when the public is in a complete communications black out due to the existing Martial Law.

Thanks for the thread, but this May 20th date has much more in store for us than just some Solar Eclipse, some Big Red X and interesting historical event references. Much more awaits us than just May 20 events. Much more indeed.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

The nostradamus info is completely wrong. Just using Stellarium you can tell this info does not pertain to this period, in fact, it did apply to the year of 1549 when in May those planetary positions were in place and in November of that year was the large EQ and hailstorm. A quick google search also revealed this info.

Good find. So Nostradamus possibly wrote those quatrains in relation to what he had witnessed. He didn't die until 1566. We can definately scratch the Nostradamus quatrains from May 20, 2012 then... unless someone finds different quatrains of his that point to that date lol Star for you LightAssassin.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Tortuguero Monument 6 is not a prophecy. What it describes is a religious ceremony. The Comalcalco bricks simply make no reference to 2012. What you have on the Comalcalco brick in question is a Calendar Round date. A Calendar Round date is both the Haab and Tzolkin date. These repeat every 52 years. So there is no way to tie it to 2012. Even if you could the CR date doesn't even math up with that for December 21.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There may be a Russian exercise.....in Denver,on may 20-21

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
There may be a Russian exercise.....in Denver,on may 20-21
www.eutimes.net...

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join