It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 20, 2012 - A Significant Date

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

As I stated in the OP I came across the May 20, 2012 date while researching the relation of eclipses to the biblical calendar. Once I started searching for Jewish holidays or events that coincide with the eclipse forecast for May 20, I started seeing all this other info about May 20, 2012 and crop circles, Nostradamus, the Mayans, etc.

For all we know, NOTHING will happen on May 20th, 2012 except a few celestial alignments and a solar eclipse. All of the doom and gloom stories from the crop circles, Nostradamus and the Mayans may just be alagories or metaphores for these celestial alignments and the eclipse, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Nostradamus DOES give the date. He refers to "in the month of May, Saturn, Capricorn, Jupiter, Mercury in Taurus: Venus also. Cancer, Mars in Nonnay (cero)." When looking up that particular celestial occurance it points to May 2012. And the 2nd quatrain specifies the day of the 20th; " Sun twentieth of Taurus".

So how does this identify any particular year?

Taurus is May to June. Mercury and Venus are close to the Sun and therefore near Taurus in May of every year. Mars is in Leo. Saturn is in Virgo. Jupiter is over by Pisces.

So how does this Nostradamus quatrain indicate this year?

The 20th of Taurus is the 20th of May? How did you get that? Did you count from the start of Taurus or the first of May and disregard Taurus altogether?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The Maya eclipse of the Jaguar Serpent is May 20, 2012. The Maya even built the marker into the side of the Kukulkan pyramid in Chichen Itza so that the serpent appears to move down the steps of the pyramid during the Spring equinox.

Here's a video somewhat explaining what the Maya knew would happen on May 20, 2012

What a BS video! It explained nothing at all. Instead it makes a short number of unsubstantiated claims. Where is the marker it refers to? Frankly I want to see some evidence for any of their claims including the alignment with the Pleiades.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

OK. So maybe he was off a few degrees in his positions of the astral bodies lol did they observe leap year in Nostradamus times?

Yes. Look up the Julian calendar.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I find it so humorous that the cereal bending installation art called crop circles is taken to be something more meaningful than what it is - large scale art.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Yeah, OK. Apparently you watched only the least important video posted and didn't bother watching the NASA video that talks about the alignments and eclipse lol Geesh stereogist, I dont have time to spell eveything out for you. Get off your lazy ass and research it yourself and if you're not motivated enough to do that then just move on to something else. I'm no expert. I'm just presenting this info. and some videos about May 20, 2012 that many other people seem to think is significant.

Like I stated in an earlier post you probably didn't bother to read, " I think NOTHING major will happen on May 20, 2012 and I believe Nostradamus, the Mayans, crop circles, etc. just add doom and gloom stories to these alignments and eclipses as alagories or metaphors for these celestial events.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Excellent Thread OP - thanks for sharing - I just love the mysteries of life. S&F

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Get off your lazy ass and research it yourself

Apparently you can't justify that the quatrain refers to 2012 because as I pointed out the planets are not where the quatrain states. You get an F for effort.

Apparently you ponder whether or not leap years were in use by the time of Nostradamus instead of doing the research. You get an F for effort.

Had you done the type of research Xcalibur254 has done then you'd know that your claim of a Mayan prophecy is false. Instead you post some you tube video. When I point out how ludicrous it is you try to pretend it is not important.

I have a long standing tradition of not watching videos. They tend to be short on info. Most of them would result is a paragraph of writing if they were text. Watching videos is not research.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yeah, OK. Apparently you watched only the least important video posted and didn't bother watching the NASA video that talks about the alignments and eclipse lol Geesh stereogist

I watched the NASA video and it had nothing in it I did not know about eclipses. Please tell me why it has anything to do with alignments?

Alignments in general are for the pseudosciences. They are nothing special to astronomers except when it leads to alignments of the Earth, Sun, and Moon.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You (plural) are excused. Please also excuse my lack of desire to expend futile efforts in casting pearls before swine. I do admire Stereoligist for his replies along those lines.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The op posted this in: 2012: Discussion and speculation related to the potential end of the world prophecies surrounding the year, 2012.

The op even eluded to the fact that they think this is all speculation. How can speculation be debunked?? If he had said "all of these things are facts" then sure, debunk away.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
im gonna remove this post - its rubbish!

edit on 24-4-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think people think to much. If the world is going to end then let it end I personally don't want to know and don't care to and why because it would be chaos. People say they would kick back and have a beer and maybe some would, but you and I know that most would go and kill and steal and who knows what. I say better to leave that date in God's hands. But it is fun talking about all this 2012 stuff I like the two sun thing my self. live love laugh

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

before this one goes, I want to thank you for that honey badger post, it was by far one of the best posts on this thread. that was hilarious, and a fine comparison.
star for you.

On subject: I don't know what to believe about crop circles. Some are pretty amazing, and can't be explained simply by saying a few people snuck in during the middle of the night and did that with wood. The size of some of those are huge, and that would require a lot of people to get the job done, but then there would be evidence of a lot of people, and there isn't, besides, a big group of people could not be that accurate at night without bumping into each other, and breaking, or crushing a lot of the stalks. So I sit on the fence with these, until more comes to light about them. It's almost ignorant not to stay skeptic about this, and be one minded, and have it all figured out. "It's art" Pffft,
It is to a point, but how did it get there. If people think they have it all figured out then I think they are wrong. This is a pretty deep mystery when you look at all the signs from a historic point. But what do I know, I'm just rambling......

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

The op posted this in: 2012: Discussion and speculation related to the potential end of the world prophecies surrounding the year, 2012.

The op even eluded to the fact that they think this is all speculation. How can speculation be debunked?? If he had said "all of these things are facts" then sure, debunk away.

The OP posts a number of big errors such as a particular quatrain indicating a particular day by way of counting and astronomical conditions. It seems that the astronomical conditions are not met. Is that a problem for you when I point out that the claimed conditions do not exist? Is it a problem when another poster points out that the counting is done form the wrong date as I pointed out as well? Is it a problem for you that another poster pointed out the fallacious claims of Mayan prophecies.

This is an open forum for discussions.

I also noticed that the false claims were also followed up with a hedge. It's the sort of hedge people use when they know they are wrong or are posting suspicious claims.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I stumbled on this in regards to that date

PLPL

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That means we have less than a month to go! It will be a NO MOON day here on that day.
If the earthquake comes true, We can expect the June6 date too will come true!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't know about y'all but I CANT WAIT!!

That's less than a month, and if NOTHING at all happens, we get an eclipse. lol

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join