It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is falling apart: are you ready?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+126 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
US In BIG Trouble With Fukushima Radiation

Thirteen months have passed since the Fukushima reactors exploded, and a U.S. Senator finally got off his ass and went to Japan to see what is going on over there.

What he saw was horrific.

And now he is saying that we are in big trouble.

See the letter he sent to U.S. Ambassador to Japan Ichiro Fujisaki, Secretary of Energy Steven Chu, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and NRC’s Chairman Gregory Jaczko here.

But what is so ironic about this is that we have been in this heap of trouble since March of 2011. March 17th, to be exact, when the plume of radioactive materials began bombarding the west coast of California.

More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

And Oregon. And Washington. And British Columbia. And later Maine, Europe, and everywhere in between.

Independent researchers, nuke experts, and scientists, from oceanography to entomology and everywhere in between, having been trying to sound the alarm ever since.

The scientists most upset are those who have studied the effects of radiation on health. I’ll say it again, so its really clear: we are in big trouble.

The most preliminary reports of soil contamination are starting to come in from the USGS, who has seemed reluctant to share this information. Los Angeles, California, Portland, Oregon, and Boulder, Colorado, so far have the highest radioactive particle contamination out of the entire US.

That being said, every single city tested across the country showed contamination from Fukushima. What is even more alarming, however, about the numbers coming in, is that they are from samples taken April 5th, of last year.

The Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, has only recently confirmed that there were three meltdowns, and they have been ongoing, unabated, for thirteen months, and no effort has been made to contain them.

No one seems to care about this anymore but this is going to be really bad and now it's been confirmed! This has been going on for a year and now confirmation of 3 meltdowns going on for 13 months!!!!!!

TEPCO just keeps dumping water on them, after which they let it pour into the ocean, and steam up through the ground, every second of every day. The jet stream, and a highly dynamic portion of our atmosphere called the troposphere, have been swirling around massive amounts of radioactive particles and settling them out, mostly in rain, over the entire northern hemisphere, especially the west coast of North America, from Alaska down to Baja and even further.

Maybe you have heard about sick seals, polar bears, tainted fish, mutations in dandelions and fruits and vegetables, possibly even animals already, and seaweed. In fact the kelp from Corona del Mar contained 40,000,000 bcq/kg of radioactive iodine, as reported in Scientific American several weeks ago.

If you don’t know your becquerels, its a lot. That’s what your pacific fish feed on. And that was only ONE isotope reported. There were up to 1600 different isotopes that have been floating around in our air, pouring out of the reactors, and steaming out of the ground, every second of every day, for 13 months.

And there has been silence from our mainstream media, for which the depths of depravity are so severe I will devote an entire article just to the “why” at a future time.

But back to the research: reports in the past week indicate the pollen in southern California is radioactive now too, and it is flying around, and if you live there and go outside, you are breathing it in. And so are your children.

Lies, lies and more lies and here it takes over a year for them to say yea your [SNIP]. All water and food has been contaminated at this point and there is still 3 more reactors to eventually meltdown. Still think nuclear energy is a good idea??? Might be wise to get a medical degree cause cancer rate are gonna soar!!

Along with fission products blowing over from Japan. And radiation in your drinking water. And in your rain. And in the fish you are eating. And your vegetables. And the milk supply. And its happening every second, of every day. For 13 months. Are you starting to see a problem here?

Problem is, that’s not even the biggest problem. The biggest problem is what Senator Wyden is all bent out of shape about, even though independent researchers and nuke experts have been warning about this for a year.

And that is that the Reactor #4 building is on the verge of collapsing. Seismicity standards rate the building at a zero, meaning even a small earthquake could send it into a heap of rubble. And sitting at the top of the building, in a pool that is cracked, leaking, and precarious even without an earthquake, are 1565 fuel rods (give or take a few), some of them “fresh fuel” that was ready to go into the reactor on the morning of March 11th when the earthquake and tsunami hit.

If they are MOX fuel, containing 6% plutonium, one fuel rod has the potential to kill 2.89 billion people. If this pool collapses, as Senator Wyden is now saying too, we would face a mass extinction event from the release of radiation in those rods.

That is, if we aren’t in one already. Nuke experts like Arnie Gundersen and Helen Caldicott are prepared to evacuate their families to the southern hemisphere if that happens. It is that serious.

So now you know, if you didn’t before. We are in big trouble.

The mass extinction event already happened, now comes the extinction process.

edit on 23-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Dang, I had almost forgotten about that all that pesky radiation from Fukishima.

Subscribed.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This situation is far from over.

The question might be is it just beginning? When will the indicators no longer be able to get covered up?

For all the news stories that get under-reported Fukushima has to get ranked #1 on the list.

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The only way to make a difference is if we can get the governments and corporations to reverse their act and actually do things the right way, even if it is the harder way.

If these entities are not willing to even admit there is a problem, we are screwed because they have all of the resources, technology, manpower, etc, that is required to actually make a difference in a disaster of this nature.

Also we would need the entire scientific and inventor communities of Earth to work together to help develop new technologies to aid in clean up efforts, and then for the governments and corporations to invest in them and get them out in the field making a difference.

+35 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Nope. They will keep covering it up to save face.

Until their faces all melt off.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just reading through the links below the story and apparently there is a typhoon on its way and the Fukushima reactors are not prepared ... great

endthelie.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Should of been evacuated Japan near that site.. There was enough time smh.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

This is the kind of information that makes me want to stick my head in the sand and go LALALALA.

Not that I didn´t already know this but.

Way past the point of no return.

The thought alone is sickening.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If they are MOX fuel, containing 6% plutonium, one fuel rod has the potential to kill 2.89 billion people.

One MOX fuel rod can kill 2.89 billion people?? Definitely worth the risk right?

One day people will look back and eh who am I kidding, we'll all be dead.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The radiation levels in number 2 are 10X's immediate lethality.

The robots they have been using are crapping out in minutes the radiation levels are so high.

And that's just number 2, numbers 1 and 3 are also far from fixed.

If that storage pool collapses we are really in for it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I know potassium iodine is good protection for radiation, I bought some kelp powder in April 2011 - it's supposed to have a good source of iodine. Although it sounds like kelp is being radiated as well so who knows anymore. I wish the world's leaders at least acted like they were doing something to help the situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I know it would be rather expensive, but I think the only 'solution' would be to find a way to send those rods into space. I know it wouldn't be cheap, hell even doable, but that's where I think we should send that stuff. Idk, find someway to get the rods into a 'pool' on the ship, and blast it off into space. I'm praying for all my family and friends on the west coast...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

I feel the same way, makes me sick hearing this
I had radiation treatment for cancer and it was horrible, I can't think of a more horrible way to live as at many points during treatment I wanted to die.

+58 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Between Fukushima and BP our food supply is simply unsafe. So what to do about it? My guess is that given the amount of toxins that have become absolutely impossible to avoid we should all stop worrying. It no longer matters that if we eat GMO foods, do drugs or have casual unprotected sex.

I am convinced that humans have begun one of two processes. 1. Rapid evolution on a genetic level. 2. Extinction.

There are simply to many things wrong to get out of this gig alive. It is amazing the amount of destruction humans have been responsible throughout the ages. The last one hundred years has been particularly destructive.

I wonder if Moore's Law can also be applied to the destructive tendencies of our species.
Every six months we double our capacity to do double the damage to both our neighbors and our planet.....

I no longer recycle, I no longer eat only organic, I am no longer want to live forever. I am embarrassed to be a human...............

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IanPaul

I know it would be rather expensive, but I think the only 'solution' would be to find a way to send those rods into space. I know it wouldn't be cheap, hell even doable, but that's where I think we should send that stuff. Idk, find someway to get the rods into a 'pool' on the ship, and blast it off into space. I'm praying for all my family and friends on the west coast...

I absolutely agree, there is no known way to dispose of it - they've tried burying it, storing it, nothing really works.

Plans to store the majority of our nation’s spent nuclear fuel and other highly radioactive waste at a central repository underneath Yucca Mountain in the Nevada desert 80 miles from Las Vegas were first hatched in the mid-1980s. But the project has languished primarily due to opposition from Nevadans who don’t want to import such dangerous materials into their backyard. Critics of the plan also point out that various natural forces such as erosion and earthquakes could render the site unstable and thus unsuitable to store nuclear isotopes that can remain hazardous to humans for hundreds of thousands of years to come.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Some things in life are not to be played with.

Exploding an atom and now we are at the eve of destruction, seriously stop [SNIP] with the tree of knowledge people.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I´m sorry to hear that.

I hope you are doing better now.

Damn that awful disease.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

Thanks, cancer free but the treatment took out a lot of the normal functioning parts of my body that didn't have cancer so I'm stuck on hormone replacement pills for the rest of my life - (thyroid, cortisol, etc..) and that's not cheep, remember their motto treatment over a cure.

Radiation treatment was like nothing else, they put you in a room a half a football field away strap you down to the machine and monitor you on camera. The light hits you and penetrates your whole body, I saw black squiggly lines, turns out those were the blood vessels in my eyes I was seeing.
edit on 23-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well good to hear you beat the disease. I guess I don´t have to tell you to be happy with what you have now, even though it may still suck from time to time.

I´m sure you are happy to be functioning an able to enjoy life again.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have a serious question! Would any of you cancel your Hawaii Trip In May because of the situation? Hypothetical

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If one fuel rod is capable of killing more than a couple billion souls then we've had it.

Nuclear power should be banned globally until we find a way to safely dispose of it's waste, it's just common sense really.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join