It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerial Phenomena Research Team recruits hoaxer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Antonio Paris has recruited Shane Sovar, the hoaxer responsible for the infamous "Men In Black" hoax video, to be "Field Researcher and Investigator for Canada." We now learn that Mr. Sovar "has been interested in UFOlogy since the age of seven and has personally witnessed two UFOs since then." Odd that no mention is made of Mr. Sovar having been the hotel employee who "leaked" the "Men In Black" video.

Let us review Mr. Sovar's credibility as a witness. The new revelation of his life-long interest in UFOs removes some of the innocence the reports show. When Mr. Paris' slipshod "investigator" researched the case, she did locate a news article that mentioned the sighting:

www.niagarathisweek.com...

She did not, however, complete her due diligence by tracing the newspaper article back to its source, the report Sovar filed with Brian Vike:

www.ufoinfo.com...

In this version of the story, he claims the UFO was 25 to 30 feet long. By the time Aerial Phenomena Investigations got to it, it had grown to 250 feet long! More important is this little detail:

It wasn't until the weekend that I found out there was a newspaper article in regards to the object on the same evening that we saw it.

Unfortunately, this detail does not check out, as I have demonstrated here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In fact, it suggests that Mr. Sovar, at the very least, tends to embellish his stories. This makes him an unreliable witness. Perhaps he did see a UFO that night... but why add the detail that he had read about people seeing the same object? It turns out that there was an article about a UFO report in the paper the weekend prior to the sighting, which suggests this may be a copycat report. Mr. Sovar's flair for improvisation lands him in further trouble.

When he presented to Aerial Phenomena Investigations team, he dangled the "Men In Black" video in front of them. Surely Mr. Paris, with his worldliness, would recognize that the video itself was nothing more than a random scene from a hotel lobby, with a couple of Orthodox Jews returning to their room. But a less experienced, untrained junior researcher took up the case. What sold it, of course, was Mr. Sovar's brilliantly improvised story, as immortalized on the video's soundtrack. Unfortunately, his tendency for unnecessary embellishment tripped him up again. His fictional dialog was so intoxicating that he said that people thought it was a Halloween prank.

The problem there is that his only reported UFO sighting took place on October 14, too early for anyone to be playing a Halloween prank... so he had to invent a second, unreported, UFO sighting. Since he could not risk naming a specific date without running the risk of being betrayed by weather records, he had to be deliberately vague, as explained here:

Not to mention other discrepancies in either Mr. Sovar's story or the investigator's reporting:

Why has Mr. Paris invited a clumsy hoaxer to be part of his Aerial Investigations Team?

Note to Mods: I am aware of the potential legal blowback of this post. Please move to RATS if you deem it too sensitive. --DJW001

edit on 23-4-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Top notch work as usual...

Why would they want a hoaxer on their team if they want to stay legit...
Perhaps they bought into the whole thing, or just want to believe so bad...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Top notch work as usual...

MegaMind deserves most of the credit, but thank you.

Perhaps they bought into the whole thing, or just want to believe so bad...

I have a feeling that when they re-open the investigation, Mr. Sovar will no longer be a member of the team.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No-one wants to defend them?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

The same reason security firms will hire former criminals.

They know the game. Who better to find a fraudulent claim or hoax than someone who makes fraudulent claims and hoaxes?
edit on 23-4-2012 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

The same reason security firms will hire former criminals.

They know the game. Who better to find a fraudulent claim or hoax than someone who makes fraudulent claims and hoaxes?

The problem is, they still have not admitted that it was a hoax.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Plus, I wouldn't really call Sovar a top notch hoaxer. All he did was create a story with no evidence to back it up and then presented a video he had no hand in producing. He hasn't really demonstrated the skills that would allow him to identify other hoaxes. He's merely a sub-par storyteller with a penchant for overembellishment that got lucky with guests that were staying at the hotel he works at.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I only scratch my head in amazement why Paris would hire such a pitiful person of demonstrated limited capabilities in the field of audio/video hoax. The two conclusions I can come to is that there is something hidden in plain sight or that Shane Sovar's name brought 15 minutes of fame to the Aerial Phenomena project? I don't know.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
These tall "MIB" dudes are not Orthodox Jews. Do you see any of them having long beards? Nope... Does these tall "MIB" dudes look like Orthodox Jews? Nope. These tall "MIB" dudes look waaay too mysterious and suspicious wearing their 1920/1930 gangster style hats.

You don't know wether this case is a hoax or not, beside, www.abovetopsecret.com... Beside, 'DJW001' admitted that the video is not a hoax.
edit on 23-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

You don't know wether this case is a hoax or not, beside, www.abovetopsecret.com... Beside, 'DJW001' admitted that the video is not a hoax.

I admitted what, where?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I admitted what, where?

If you want me to show it to you, then you better promise not to start crying boy, but here it is www.abovetopsecret.com... "Men in Black on Security Camera - Following UFO sighting in Maryland - MIB , page 24" , "reply posted on 22-4-2012 @ 07:15 AM by DJW001" were you said >>The video is not a hoax

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2012 by Snakedoctorjw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snakedoctorjw
This is what he said

The video is not a hoax. The story about the video is a hoax, remember?

You forgot that you or 'DJW001' don't know wether the story is a hoax or not. It is just 'DJW001's ridiculous attempt to discredit this case, but unfortunately for 'DJW001', 'DJW001' did not succeed...
edit on 23-4-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
1. The MIB video has not been scientifically proven as a hoax.

2. The OP of this thread dropped the ball by not making a clear point or providing any clear statements about how he/her came to such a conclusion.

3. There is nothing anybody has pointed out so far that points to the MIB video being a hoax.

The original poster of this thread was not able to be convincing at least to me. Very sloppy work indeed and basically a slap job done.

Very unimpressive work you guys! Very sloppy!

You could have provided evidence to back up your claims.
edit on 23-4-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki10

I admitted what, where?

If you want me to show it to you, then you better promise not to start crying boy, but here it is www.abovetopsecret.com... "Men in Black on Security Camera - Following UFO sighting in Maryland - MIB , page 24" , "reply posted on 22-4-2012 @ 07:15 AM by DJW001" were you said >>The video is not a hoax

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Antonio Paris has recruited Shane Sovar, the hoaxer responsible for the infamous "Men In Black" hoax video, to be "Field Researcher and Investigator for Canada." We now learn that Mr. Sovar "has been interested in UFOlogy since the age of seven and has personally witnessed two UFOs since then." Odd that no mention is made of Mr. Sovar having been the hotel employee who "leaked" the "Men In Black" video.

Let us review Mr. Sovar's credibility as a witness. The new revelation of his life-long interest in UFOs removes some of the innocence the reports show. When Mr. Paris' slipshod "investigator" researched the case, she did locate a news article that mentioned the sighting:

www.niagarathisweek.com...

She did not, however, complete her due diligence by tracing the newspaper article back to its source, the report Sovar filed with Brian Vike:

www.ufoinfo.com...

In this version of the story, he claims the UFO was 25 to 30 feet long. By the time Aerial Phenomena Investigations got to it, it had grown to 250 feet long! More important is this little detail:

It wasn't until the weekend that I found out there was a newspaper article in regards to the object on the same evening that we saw it.

Unfortunately, this detail does not check out, as I have demonstrated here:

In fact, it suggests that Mr. Sovar, at the very least, tends to embellish his stories. This makes him an unreliable witness. Perhaps he did see a UFO that night... but why add the detail that he had read about people seeing the same object? It turns out that there was an article about a UFO report in the paper the weekend prior to the sighting, which suggests this may be a copycat report. Mr. Sovar's flair for improvisation lands him in further trouble.

When he presented to Aerial Phenomena Investigations team, he dangled the "Men In Black" video in front of them. Surely Mr. Paris, with his worldliness, would recognize that the video itself was nothing more than a random scene from a hotel lobby, with a couple of Orthodox Jews returning to their room. But a less experienced, untrained junior researcher took up the case. What sold it, of course, was Mr. Sovar's brilliantly improvised story, as immortalized on the video's soundtrack. Unfortunately, his tendency for unnecessary embellishment tripped him up again. His fictional dialog was so intoxicating that he said that people thought it was a Halloween prank.

The problem there is that his only reported UFO sighting took place on October 14, too early for anyone to be playing a Halloween prank... so he had to invent a second, unreported, UFO sighting. Since he could not risk naming a specific date without running the risk of being betrayed by weather records, he had to be deliberately vague, as explained here:

Not to mention other discrepancies in either Mr. Sovar's story or the investigator's reporting:

Why has Mr. Paris invited a clumsy hoaxer to be part of his Aerial Investigations Team?

Note to Mods: I am aware of the potential legal blowback of this post. Please move to RATS if you deem it too sensitive. --DJW001

edit on 23-4-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

You don't make any points
You don't bring anything to the table

I find it funny that this is the best you can provide LMAO

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

2. The OP of this thread dropped the ball by not making a clear point or providing any clear statements about how he/her came to such a conclusion.

3. There is nothing anybody has pointed out so far that points to the MIB video being a hoax.

The original poster of this thread was not able to be convincing at least to me. Very sloppy work indeed and basically a slap job done.

Very unimpressive work you guys! Very sloppy!

You could have provided evidence to back up your claims.
edit on 23-4-2012 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

If you go to the link he does, he sends you to the key links from the thread he speaks of the was shut down by tptb!

link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan

Nope, the MIB video have not been proven as hoax.

link   
reply to post by Anunaki10

If you want me to show it to you, then you better promise not to start crying, but here it is www.abovetopsecret.com... "reply posted on 22-4-2012 @ 07:15 AM by DJW001" were you said >>The video is not a hoax

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snakedoctorjw

Originally posted by Anunaki10

I admitted what, where?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join